We were Cadets RPG
There were stories before the Civil War. Based on the ongoing story.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
SnowClaw of Windclan

Powell felt a warm feeling of stimulation and excitement rise in his chest at the commotion and movement around him; he was an extrovert and enjoyed being around other people, social functions. Well aware that a few were casting him odd glances and murmuring things under their breath, the auburn-haired boy straightened up his shoulders and smiled gently, half in wondering how sucessful he would be in finding himself a partner to dance with so that he didn't appear..in his opinion, pathetic. He'd give it a fair chance, if not, he'd work from there.

10/14/2009 #31
NurfHurdur

She raised a brow, could see her relative just over Lo's shoulder. "That is odd, Robert makes it a point to meet all the new Cadets."

-----

Win couldn't help it, the question only reminded him of everything that had happened so far. Looking at Ave he tried to keep a straight face, a slow smile fought to show itself and before he could regain composure, he was lost in helpless laughter that almost had him on the floor.

10/30/2009 #32
Star the Foxhound

Lo shrugged as he continued to dance. "Perhaps I will met him shortly. It is only my first day after all."

-----

Ave raised an eyebrow in surprise. "It take it you are enjoying yourself then?"

10/30/2009 #33
NurfHurdur

"Well he's just there." She inclined her head in the man's direction.

-----

Win nodded, still out of breath. "You heard the commotion on the parade grounds....?"

10/30/2009 #34
SnowClaw of Windclan

Gene-whom had just arrived clad in his dress uniform-shifted slightly, unused to the stiff fabric. He would have much rather been in something else. Aware that he was plain-and not very attractive-he shrugged and approached John with a smile. "How often do they hold these things?"

After a moment of mental debate, Powell decided to approach a few gathered younger students he'd seen out of the corner of his eye. Extending a hand, he smiled, nodding to both of them. He'd heard one of them laughing, tilted his head, grinned, russet strands falling over his eyes. "Well hello there.", he greeted, "I don't believe I've met you yet."

10/30/2009 #35
Star the Foxhound

Turning his head to look in the direction she indicated, Lo's eyes widened in shock, recognizing him in an instant.

-----

"So you were one of the one's involved with the fireworks?" Ave smiled. "Good, George needs some fellow troublemakers, to drive Brown insane."

He turned in the direction of the newcomer and nodded in greeting. "Hey there. I'm Ave, nice to meet you."

-----

Buford shrugged and glanced at him. "Usually just around the holidays. And then to celebrate the beginning and closing of term."

10/30/2009 . Edited 10/30/2009 #36
NurfHurdur

The man in question cought a quick motion out of the corner of his eye. Glancing in that direction he stopped short. With a sly look to his dance partner, he motioned for them to cross the hall.

----

Win smiled once in Ave's direction before turning towards the older student that had addressed them both. "No, I don't think we have met. I'm Win." He looked at the other student questioningly, "And you are?"

10/30/2009 #37
SnowClaw of Windclan

Gene nodded. "Oh." He shifted again. "This uniform is really stiff."

Powell shook the hand, smiled at him. "Powell, Powell Hill. Nice to meet you as well. I take it you're new here?"

10/30/2009 #38
Star the Foxhound

Glancing at Cecelia, then back at Lee, Lo walked nervously across the hall not really sure what he was going to say this time.

-----

Ave shook his head. "I was here last year."

10/30/2009 #39
Uldaren Bardaniel

George grinned widely as he noticed Lo's expression from a few feet away and who was nearby.

10/30/2009 #40
SnowClaw of Windclan

Powell nodded, smiling as he leaned against a nearby table with one hand. He loved social functions; they were very stimulating and enjoyable to him. Looking around briefly, he saw a rather short, brown haired figure off towards one end of the room and smiled. Kitty, is her name? She smiled gently and looked away when she noticed the attention, he reluctantly turned back towards the other two and smiled. "No date, I take it. Same here, kind of."

10/30/2009 #41
NurfHurdur

Robert smirked to himself and continued walking. Approaching the younger man, he schooled his face into a serious expression. Looking once at Cecelia, then back to Lo.

"Well, Mr. Armistead...."

-----

Win shrugged, "I haven't even spoken to-" His voice trailed off as he noticed what was going on, his attention suddenly drawn to Lo. He took a step forward, "Oh boy...." A smiled played at the corner of his mouth.

10/30/2009 #42
Star the Foxhound

"Yes sir?" Lo asked, looking back at him, a nervous expression on his face.

------------

Ave followed Win's gaze but didn't say anything. He hadn't yet spoken to Lo and so didn't know him.

10/30/2009 #43
SnowClaw of Windclan

Powell-quickly drawn into the situation and watching intently- inadverently moved forward, so that he could hear better. He turned to Ave, smiling. "Any idea of what's going on here?"

10/30/2009 #44
NurfHurdur

Robert winked slyly in Cecelia's direction. Clasped his hands behind his back. "Are we enjoying our first day?"

-----

Win took another step forward, "....Where's George."

10/30/2009 #45
Star the Foxhound

"Yes sir." Lo nodded, not sure what else to say.

-------

Ave shrugged and nodded to Win. "Ask him, he seems to know better then I do."

10/30/2009 #46
NurfHurdur

He nodded, trying to hold back a smirk as he turned to Cecelia. "I heard there was some commotion this afternoon on the parade grounds." He turned back to Lo, "You hear about that?"

10/30/2009 #47
Star the Foxhound

Lo nodded numbly. "Yes, I heard." There was no need to say that he had been involved in it.

10/30/2009 #48
SnowClaw of Windclan

Powell smiled, bemused as he watched the happenings. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the girl Kitty look up again, couldn't help but feel an excited spark rise in his chest. I might as well go introduce myself, then. "One moment.", he said briskly, nodding to the two.

She seemed mortified now. He smiled. "Hey, I'm Powell. You're..?"

"Kitty.", she said quietly, looking at her feet.

"That's a pretty name.", he said, for a moment trying to make eye contact. Kitty did not oblige. So now there's a challenge.

"Kitty-I couldn't help but notice that you don't have anyone to dance with."

"Neither do you.", she said under her breath, still looking at her feet.

"Well, would you like to..?" He cast her a hopeful glance.

She seemed dissapointed that he had asked her, but she nodded. He couldn't help but notice her flushing cheeks and smiled to himself.

Gene, watching the commotion, turned to John. "Aren't they related?" He gestured to Ceceilia and Lee.

10/31/2009 #49
Star the Foxhound

John watched them for a moment. "Yes, distant cousins I believe. She often comes to the dances."

10/31/2009 #50
SnowClaw of Windclan

Gene nodded, smiled. "She's pretty.", he said, srhugging. After a moment of pause he spoke again. "You been asked, yet?"

10/31/2009 #51
Star the Foxhound

John shook his head. "No. Have you?"

11/8/2009 #52
SnowClaw of Windclan

Gene smiled meekly and looked at his feet. "No."

11/8/2009 #53
Star the Foxhound

"Well..." John watched the people who were dancing. He wasn't sure what to say.

12/10/2009 #54
SnowClaw of Windclan

Gene shifted awkwardly. "Most people don't want to dance with somebody like me," he said quietly.

12/10/2009 #55
Star the Foxhound

John shrugged. "You never know."

12/10/2009 #56
SnowClaw of Windclan

Gene nodded slightly. "...I guess." His smooth Texan drawl was rather slow as he spoke. "There's more attractive people than me...And more cadets than girls, John..."

12/10/2009 #57
NurfHurdur

Robert glanced around the room with an amused expression, "I heard it was quite a spectical, some artillery was even damaged."

----

Win had gotten close enough to hear part of the conversation and stopped dead in his tracks.

12/10/2009 #58
Star the Foxhound

John shrugged but didn't say anything.

----

"Yes, I heard," Lo said nervously, looking at him. He wasn't sure what else he could say.

12/10/2009 #59
Uldaren Bardaniel

"Looks like Lothario's got himself in a bit of a fix," George noted, with an bemused expression.

12/10/2009 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: NurfHurdur Star the Foxhound
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member