GSFS Silvanus
RP board. The newly formed Galactic Federation is at war with a new enemy. These creatures show no mercy, and experiment on the captured. In the midst of this war, the first Super Carrier is launched. The G.S.F.S Silvanus.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Terrian

Does this REALLY need a name? Post anything that doesn't pertain to the RP here... Or stuff that does, anything goes. Just don't start a scene.

7/16/2009 #1
BlackDove90

*Looks around* gee I don't get why this is empty it sounds interesting. I'm not even that into scifi stuff like this but knowing your humor it might be fun.

I'm sorry it's so deserted. why not ask some of the people on the other forums if they're interested?

8/9/2009 #2
BlackDove90

Keep thinking about it and I might join this if you don't mind. This might help with my scifi endevors if I practice my characters here.

Quick question: So the characters can only be human. Not some other aliens that are human sympathizers? I'm okay either way just curious.

8/9/2009 #3
Terrian

Eh... I want to keep it humans only. As all the crafts are made for humans to understand. However, I think it'll be okay for an alien race or two to appear as allies against the Hive.

8/11/2009 #4
BlackDove90

Can't sleep so still up. Another question: I don't get what the space ships for potrol do or look like. Care to explain them more?

8/11/2009 #5
Terrian

For the record, there is no patrol class ship. There is interceptor, multi-role, space superiority, light bomber, and heavy bomber.

But, each fighter is a variation in size, and looks. I'm going to steal ship examples from my very own favorite game, Wing Commander Prophecy.

First up, the interceptor. Fastest ship available to fly, but, weakest firepower. Not exactly strong against anything but bombers. However, in the hands of a skilled pilot, he can take down just about any fighter out there. The interceptor has numerous slow moving, heavy hitting missiles designed to destroy bombers in one go, and has a two forward facing ion guns. Max speed without booster pack is 800 km/s with afterburner, without, 650 km/s, and the booster pack (which is a one and done use,) is 1500 km/s.

Next, is the multi-role. It's the average joe spacecraft. It can hold it's own in a dogfight, and take down frigate-class ships. However, since it is just average in all catagories, it will not have a large payload like bombers, nor is it as fast as the space superiority. The multi-role is usually equipped with average rated anti-fighter missiles, two ion cannons, or low rated torpedos. Non-missile loadout is two forward facing ion cannons, and one forward facing particle cannon. Max speed is 600 km/s with after burner, 450 without.

Next up on the list is the light bomber, which is pretty much the canon fodder of the Galactic Fleet. It's slow, and easily out manevoured. If you fly this and are caught in an ambush, keep a free hand on the ejection handle. More than likely, you're going to use it. It carries enough torpedos to take down anything from a frigate, to a destroyer. Payload is generally average rated torpedos. Guns are forward facing particle guns, and 1 revolving laser turret. Max speed is 550 km/s with afterburner, 350 without.

The heavy bomber, though, is a whole different story. Slowest craft available, and won't turn worth a damn. However, it makes up for that with it's absurdly heavy armor. If anything less than an interceptor missile breaks through the armor, they'll refund the entire ship (joke of course, the craft is a near 10 million credits). Payload is always high rated torpedos. Guns is one forward beam pulse gun (one hit kill on space superiority fighters, assuming you catch them in a head on.) 4 forward facing particle guns, 3 ion cannons, and 4 revolving laser turrets. Max speed is 300 km/s with afterburner, 150 without.

The space superiority is the second fastest ship, with strong anti-fighter capabilities. If the Hive has a new fighter, this sucker can take it down 1 out of 3 times. However, this ship's armor is so weak, toilet paper might do a better job of protecting it. Standard loadout is high rated anti-fighter missiles. Guns are 2 forward facing particle guns, and 2 ion cannons, and 1 laser cannon. max speed is 700 km/s with after burner, 560 without.

Pictures:

Interceptor: http://www.wcnews.com/ships/images/wasp.jpg (See that little barrel behind it? Booster pack.)

Multi-role: Hornet - http://wcmdf.solsector.net/main/pictures/1/tigershark.jpg

Spartan - http://www.wcnews.com/shots/ultima/full/panther.jpg

Light Bomber: http://wcmdf.solsector.net/main/pictures/1/longbow.jpg

Heavy Bomber: http://www.wcnews.com/newestshots/full/devastator_2x3.png

Space Superiority: http://wedge009.net/wc/wcso/vampires.png

All the ship designs belong to a company called Origin, which is no longer in business. So I do believe they belong to Electronic Arts. I'm probably going to make a ship statistics page... You know, so everyone knows what kind of ship is capable of what.

8/11/2009 #6
BlackDove90

Hmm interesting. doubt I could figure out what to do in a battle with them, but interesting.

Well I guess If I come in as a second leuteniant then it won't matter. XD New from the acadamy, doesn't know a thing! This forum seems to call for a lot of people but maybe we could rework things a bit at least until others get here. This has a sort of enterprise feel to me somehow.

Let's see. I think I like the space superiority the best, though they make me think of japanese zeros from WW2 I mean on hit and they explode type of idea. Bet a lot of piolits are in demand for that one.

8/11/2009 #7
Terrian

Not so much, it's just if I gave it armor, it would be overly powerful. So it makes up for that with some high agility. So it's for the adrenaline junkies. :)

However, the light bomber would need quite a few pilots... the thing sucks.

8/11/2009 #8
BlackDove90

Heavy bomber doesn't sound much fun either. I just put up a character though. I'm trying out an egotistical cocky as hell character.

8/11/2009 #9
BlackDove90

Hey I just noticed the space superiority doesn't have a squad! Where does my Malakai go?

8/11/2009 #10
Terrian

I think I'll end up deleting the bomber squadron and keeping them as NPC event characters. No one likes flying slow moving bombers. Everyone wants to be the crazy fighter pilot in the fast ship.

And the egotistical character is going to have a rough time if he wants to be something in Adam's squadron. And welcome.

8/11/2009 #11
BlackDove90

So I'm in adam's squad?

8/11/2009 #12
Terrian

Yeah, he's in command of the space superiority fighters. Don't worry, I'll edit all that in for your squadron and stuff.

8/11/2009 #13
BlackDove90

Okay thanks!

8/11/2009 #14
BlackDove90

*Looks around forum*

What happened to the Prewar party thread? I thought that was a great idea to introduce chracters to eachother. Now I don't know where to post first! *Pouts* Well I guess I think of something.

8/11/2009 #15
Terrian

It seemed like a good idea, until I realised:

Theres only 3 characters. And only one squad leader. You can't exactly do much with that...

If I magically get all the squad leaders filled, then I'll go right ahead and put it back. :)

8/11/2009 #16
BlackDove90

Well we could at least interact there and it's not a battle so squad leaders aren't needed. Jade's checking this out too. Maybe she'll join us.

8/11/2009 #17
Jade Lin Zheng

I think I'll join in, it'll be something different. :)

8/11/2009 #18
Terrian

I hope... small forum right now.

Yeah... I think I'll put it back up, give me a sec... if anything, it's a place to test out a few characters.

8/11/2009 #19
Terrian

o.O

that was quick.

8/11/2009 #20
BlackDove90

see? adveraising on other forums works! We like to RP BTW have you checked out the one I set up? You don't have to join but I'd love an opinion. I couldn't sleep last night until I got it all up.

8/11/2009 #21
Terrian

It does, but, I am on a lot of RP forums, and I'd feel like crap stealing away people...

And I haven't, I've been trying to get around to it for quite a while, but my parents are having me run this way and that way.

8/11/2009 #22
BlackDove90

I understand.

*resentfully* my parants decided to leave me behind today and take my sisters out for the day all because I just wanted a little bit of sleep. Bright side is it meant I could hang with you guys but it still makes me mad.

8/11/2009 #23
Terrian

*pat* its gonna be k. :)

And I'm looking around the forum right now.

8/11/2009 #24
BlackDove90

Cool, thanks. I just put Malakai at the party. hee hee hee.

8/11/2009 #25
Terrian

I just put Adam and Kyou there too.

8/11/2009 #26
BlackDove90

I noticed. This ought to be fun.

8/11/2009 #27
Terrian

Kyou and Malakai are going to get along just fine...

then again, perhaps not.

8/11/2009 #28
Jade Lin Zheng

I don't think Darrah's gonna mix well with those two, maybe more with Adam.

8/11/2009 #29
BlackDove90

That's part of all the fun. Malakai isn't mixing well with anybody right now. *Snickers*

8/11/2009 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Terrian
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member