Cosmic Contest
So far, it appears that this will involve the inhabitants of Rose Hill, West Virginia, and the forces of good and evil, under the command of Ormazd and Ahriman, the spirits of good and evil, respectively.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Near-sighted Jedi

A small, peaceful town in West Virginia. Surely nothing could go wrong in such an idyllic little place...could it?

7/16/2009 . Edited 12/11/2009 #1
Near-sighted Jedi

Ginger Street, Hector

Stuffing his hands into the pockets of his jeans, Hector left his house and strolled down the quiet, empty streets. It was early morning, so most everyone was still asleep. It was early August, so the little part of the world Rose Hill occupied was still warm.

12/17/2009 #2
Darksider27

Ginger Street, Connie Connie had gotten up early as had bin her habit fore the past month, to take Onyx and Ruby out. After which she decided to take them for a walk though they seemed to have a better idea, like chasing and resoling each other which would get them tangled up.

12/18/2009 #3
Near-sighted Jedi

Ginger Street, Hector

Hector waved to Connie as he passed her house. They went to the same school and had a couple of classes together. "Having trouble with the dogs huh?" he asked, smiling, "I considered getting a dog once, but Elvis just kind of stood out."

12/18/2009 . Edited 12/18/2009 #4
Darksider27

Ginger Street, Connie

Connie grinned. "Hey Hector, Yeah kind but then what would expect from a couple of puppies. " She managed to get the leashes untangled for the time being. "Yeah well I some times the animal pics you before you do it." She looked down at Ruby who along with Onyx was giving Hector the typical puppy greeting. "That's kinda what happened with Ruby. Out of all her siblings she came to me first."

12/18/2009 #5
Near-sighted Jedi

Ginger Street, Hector

Hector knelt down and scratched Ruby and Onyx behind the ears. "They're cute" he said, standing back up. He glared up at the lightening sky, "Definitely gonna rain." He rubbed his arm, just above the elbow.

12/19/2009 #6
Darksider27

inger Street, Connie

"Thanks"Connie said bending down to give them each a pat then standing agen. Looked up at sky for a few seconds. "Looks like it could. but then I bet your arm would be a better meteorologist then the one we have." she said jokingly.

12/20/2009 #7
Near-sighted Jedi

Ginger Street, Hector

"Yeah, that guy couldn't predict his way out of a paper bag" Hector replied, "I think I heard him say it would be 80 degrees and sunny, back in December." He absently kicked the ground and added, "I'm going over to Crawford's Cafe for breakfast, since my parents haven't gone shopping yet. You're welcome to join me if you want." He continued on his way.

As he passed the park, he noticed a coyote laying on one of the benches. He looked up at Hector, almost seeming to grin in a rather unsettling way, before resting his head on his paws. Hector looked back to see that the coyote was gone. He shuddered, despite it not being cold, feeling an urge to hurry on his way.

12/22/2009 . Edited 12/22/2009 #8
Darksider27

Ginger Street, Connie

"Yeah Shir, why not." she said camly and then fallowed behind Onyx an Ruby in toe. When they got to the park she to noticed the coyote and got a bad feeling while the pups growled at it in as viscus a manner they could muster. She then fallowed close behind as they left the park.

1/7/2010 #9
Jesterman

Terra Flower and Garden Shop, John Cash

John busied himself with sweeping the dust from the floor and tending to the newly blossomed roses....

1/8/2010 #10
Near-sighted Jedi

The Park, Evil Coyote

The coyote growled back at them, baring his fangs in wicked grin. He snatched a bird off the ground and trotted off behind some bushes to eat it.

Enroute to Crawford's Cafe, Hector

"What the hell was up with that coyote?" Hector asked, glaring in the canine's direction. He turned back to Connie, "Keep an eye on your puppies. Coyotes will eat anything they can catch, especially if it's easy prey, and they're not afraid of people."

1/8/2010 #11
Darksider27

Enroute to Crawford's Cafe, Connie

"Yeah I know and I plan on keeping a close eye on these two" she said leaning down to pat Onyx and Ruby each on the head. "I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to them." She then looked back at were the coyote had bin. "The thing is, something feels off about him, not sure what but I don't like it."

1/8/2010 #12
Near-sighted Jedi

Enroute to Crawford's Cafe, Hector

"Neither do I" Hector replied, "Let's keep going." They soon arrived at Crawford's Cafe, a humble little establishment run by the Crawford family, who had lived in Rose Hill for generations. Luckily, it had outdoor tables. Hector politely pulled out a chair for Connie.

1/8/2010 #13
Darksider27

Crawford's Cafe, Connie

Connie put a couple of the chairs legs though the leashes. "Thanks Hector." she said as she sat down. "Some times I wornder if the Crawfords ever sleep. It seems no mater how early in the morning you com there already open."

Terra Flower and Garden Shop, Morris

Morris had also gotten up early today, he couldn't really remember much from last night just that he was taking a walk and the next thing he knew was he was shoved in to the back leaving Crayton to take over. What had he done and why had he bin in that ware house. As he thought these things he happened by Terra's and decided to stop in for a bit.

1/9/2010 . Edited 1/10/2010 #14
Jesterman

John saw someone walk in and decided to greet the potiential customer.

"Hi, welcome to Terra Flower and Garden Shop, how may I help you today sir?"

1/20/2010 #15
Near-sighted Jedi

Terra Flower and Garden Shop, ???

Not turning around, the man who had entered the shop examined some flowers and replied, "A dozen-and-one roses, if ya got 'em, preferably red." The man's tone was very laid back, with an English accent, reminiscent of Johnny Depp. He was pale, dressed in a black suit, and wore a wide-brimmed black hat.

Crawford's Cafe, Hector

"Yeah, I know" Hector replied, picking up a menu, "That's the mark of a good restaurant: one that's open at the right time."

1/20/2010 #16
Jesterman

"Would you like that all packaged together, sir?"

1/21/2010 #17
Near-sighted Jedi

"Yeah, that'd be fine" the man replied, "Be easier than givin' em to my girl one at a time." He turned around and walked over to the counter. The brim of his hat hid his eyes, though the gaunt lower half of his face was visible.

1/21/2010 #18
Jesterman

John had everything wrapped an ready in under a minute. He put in the numbers and the price for the item came up.

"That'll be nine dollars and sixty-seven cents, sir."

1/21/2010 #19
Near-sighted Jedi

Taking the money out of his pocket, the mysterious man paid for his flowers. "Nice doin' business with ya" he said, not unfriendly-like, picking up his flowers and heading out the door. He disappeared from view, and a moment later a coyote ran past the front window, clutching the bouquet of roses in his jaws.

1/21/2010 . Edited 1/21/2010 #20
Darksider27

Crawford's Cafe, Connie

"Yeah I guess so, You'd still think they'd sleep some time." She said with a smile as she picked up a menu. "Hmm, The french toast sound nice."

As Morris watched the transactions between John and the stranger while looking at some flowers, and what acutely pleased when the guy left but did not say or do anything to show this.

1/24/2010 #21
Jesterman

John went to the door and looked around a bit frantically.... thinking that the man had had his roses snatched from him by the passing coyote. A weird thing to happen but then..... very little was normal with John Cash himself.

1/25/2010 #22
Near-sighted Jedi

Crawford's Cafe, Hector

"Maybe they're aliens or something" Hector suggested, grinning, "That don't require sleep, or much of it." He examined his menu and decided to have eggs and bacon. He gave his order to the waitress and sat back to wait.

Rose Hill Park, Hemlock

Shifting back into his human form, Hemlock dropped to one knee and offered the bouquet of roses. "I got thirteen of 'em for ya, Christine" the man said, "Now can I have my tome back?"

The tall woman called Christine replied slowly, "Maybe, but let me make sure there are thirteen." She took the roses from him and counted them. She looked up, brow arched, and said, "There are twelve here. Must have dropped one. Guess I get to keep your tome, Hemmy." She created a portal behind her and stepped through it.

"WHAT?!" Hemlock exclaimed, "Get back here, you lying hack!" He leapt through the portal after Christine. The vortex closed a moment later, leaving the park silent once more.

1/27/2010 #23
Darksider27

Crawford's Cafe, Connie

"Yeah that would." she said before giving her waitress and siting back. "What got you up this early anyway? The sun's only bin up for a little bit."

"Hmm that was a bit odd." he said referring to the coyote with the flowers as he continued to look thought the different arrangements on display.

1/28/2010 #24
Forum Moderators: Near-sighted Jedi Darksider27, Jesterman
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member