The Celestial Sandbox
In this RP, you can do anything you want, as long as you follow a few rules. The universe is a blank slate, and you have just been given the tools to make it more. Destroy it, help it, the choice is yours.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
CellarDoor96

The first one glanced at Gorbech. It's saying gibberish. Why can't these aliens at least speak a language that makes sense?

The second pulled the human out of the flaming tank and picked him up. It carried him over to Gorbech. I'd say this one was the leader, judging by how it's the one speaking. The second figure deposited the human in front of Gorbech, and then backed away cautiously.

(EDIT: Bye.)

7/27/2009 . Edited 7/27/2009 #61
EssentiallyCrazy

"Hello?" Echo called.

7/27/2009 #62
Sgt.Shank

Two of the guards in the tower closest to the group, heard Echo.

He turned a round and shone his M16 mounted flashlight at the group.

"Hey! What are you doing here!? MacMillian, Jervis, restrain them."

Two guards jumped out of the tower, and began to running towards the group.

The CO of the fireteam nodded, and two bushes dropped from a tree, very close to the group.

-----------

All the marines lowered their wepaons. They stared in amazement at the two mute aliens.

Major Allen showed up, and adressed Gorbech. "...What do we have here, captain?"

Gorbech continued to stare at the two aliens. "I wish I knew sir...apareently there mute, or they don't speak English."

"Hmm. Well thats something we should find out". He said. "First, you, corpral, take this tanker away"

The corpral grabbbed the semi concious soldier, but turned back to the Major.

"...Sir? The hospital is destroyed...." Major Allen furowed his brow. "Well, we'll have to take that up with our guests. In the meantime, take him to the barracks."

The two marines walked away, and Allen redirected his attention to the two beings before him.

"Well, gentlemen. Apparently you can't understand what I'm saying, so we'll try something else."

He pulled out a pad and pen, and scribbled Who are you?, on it, and handed the pen and paper to the alien on the ground.

7/28/2009 . Edited 7/28/2009 #63
CellarDoor96

"What's going on? Should we run?" Calixra started to back away from the fence.

___

The second figure took the paper and pen and looked at them in bewilderment. Ziritrin? Ideas?

The first figure, Ziritrin, jumped down from the remains of the tank to join his brother. No. Why would I know?

It looks like the alien made these markings on the material after producing it, with this tool, so it's probably the markings that have meaning.

They could mean anything.

Well, if you were in the position of these aliens, what would be the first thing you would ask?

"What are you doing"? Or, wait, since we're not from here they might ask "Who are you?". Or maybe "Where are you from?".

But they would have to figure out that we weren't from here before they would ask where we were from.

True.

So, let's assume they asked us who we are.

We still don't know how to respond.

...Darn it, you're right. The second figure looked at Gorbech helplessly.

(Just so you know, they don't know any language at all.)

7/28/2009 . Edited 7/28/2009 #64
Sgt.Shank

(.....I hate thinking outside the box.)

Gorbech saw the confused look on the Alien's face.

"Major...I don't think they recognize English..."

The major sighed. "Then how are we supposed to question them?"

Gorbech stroked his goatee, thinking. (I've always wanted to do that....But I have to grow a goatee first.)

"Lets just try hand signals."

He turned to the alines.

He pointed at them, the nto the sky, tracing his finger to the crash site, then to them. After pointing to them, he shrugged, still making eye contact.

The two sniper s made themselves known to the group. They drew their pistols, and aimed at the group.

"Freeze! Do exactly as we tell you, or we'll shoot."

The other two marines continued to make their way over to the spot, as an ACP made its way over to the fence.

7/28/2009 . Edited 7/28/2009 #65
CellarDoor96

Corwiar, the second alien, blinked. The alien is doing something... I don't get it.

Ziritrin glanced at Gorbech. It looks like it's pointing at something with that appendage.

...Oh, right. Corwiar looked upward in puzzlement. But there's nothing up there, except star- Wait, stars. I get it. ...I think. He paused, then pointed at the human, and then at the ground, tilting his head questioningly.

7/28/2009 #66
Sgt.Shank

Gorbech realized the he was getting somewhere. He pointed straight at the Alien, and then cocked his head, attempting to hint towards a question.

Then, He pointed to the first, then the second, and made a mouthing motion with his hand.

(Is their telepathic link limited to them?)

7/28/2009 #67
CellarDoor96

(Yeah, they can only talk mentally between themselves.)

It's asking how we "talk", Ziritrin noted.

Well, I'm not sure how to tell it the answer to that... Corwiar thought for a moment, then finally pointed at his own head. The mind is in the brain, correct?

No duh.

7/28/2009 #68
Sgt.Shank

Gorbech just stared at the two.

"Major, I think that their saying that they talk with their minds..."

The Major frowned. "Like telepathy? This is all getting a bit strange for me..."

A Marine ran up to the Major. "Sir, we've just recieved news that four children were spotted at the northwest part of the gate."

Allen sighed. "Great. More of them? I'll handle that Captain. You stay, and tell them to move to the Officers club for now."

The Major hopped into a Humvee, and drove away.

Gorbech redirected his attention to the two beings, pointed to both of them, then to the officers club, and made walking motions with his fingers.

7/28/2009 #69
CellarDoor96

Corwiar blinked. Uh, I don't know what the gestures it's making with its fingers now mean, but I think it wants us to go to that structure...

We don't have to.

Let's do what they say for now, after all we're on their planet. We're going to have to get along with them. Corwiar took a few steps toward the indicated building, then stopped and looked back at Gorbech, to check whether he had interpreted the latter's gestures correctly.

7/28/2009 #70
Sgt.Shank

Gorbech saw the alien understood, and gestured with his hands to come with him. He began towards the officers club, still looking at the two.

The Marines began to go back to their posts, and engineers began to clean up the destroyed tank and hospital.

7/28/2009 #71
EssentiallyCrazy

The two sniper s made themselves known to the group. They drew their pistols, and aimed at the group.

"Freeze! Do exactly as we tell you, or we'll shoot."

The other two marines continued to make their way over to the spot, as an ACP made its way over to the fence.

"Great job, Echo!" Cole hissed, his hand moving to his sword hilt.

"Excuse me for being from Sekli!" Echo snapped back.

"Quiet, you two!" Natalie commanded. She raised her voice so that the snipers could hear her. "Who are you?"

7/28/2009 #72
CellarDoor96

Corwiar began to follow Gorbech. I guess I was right.

Ziritrin hesitated, then did the same. Sure.

7/28/2009 #73
Sgt.Shank

(EC, The snipers should have shot him as soon has he grabbed his sword, but I'm not gona do that.)

The CO replied,

" United States Marine Corp! Hands in the air! If you flinch again, we'll shoot"

The other marines had caught up now, and now each memeber of the group had a gun pointed at them.

________

Inside the club, Gorbech motioned for the two to sit at the bar, and then asked the bartender for a beer.

He recieved one, and he pointed to the glass, cocking his head.

7/28/2009 #74
CellarDoor96

Calixra looked around at the marines fearfully, but didn't say anything.

___

Corwiar sat on the stool, glancing around at the people in the club. Ziritrin stayed standing, next to Corwiar.

When Gorbech indicated the drink he had ordered, Corwiar tilted his head in curiosity. I think... is it something we're supposed to drink? But why?

Ziritrin studied it. Is it toxic?

Corwiar paused, thinking. They could have killed us before if they really wanted to. I don't think they would go to the trouble of trying to communicate with us and then poison us. But... they're different from us, so it might be toxic to us but not them. They might not know it could kill us...

Well, then, you're the medic, right? I'll try it and if I start dying you can fix me. Ziritrin reached for the glass.

Wait, Ziritrin! Corwiar called in concern, but Ziritrin ignored him and took the glass, draining it.

7/28/2009 #75
Sgt.Shank

Gorbech's eyes widened as the alien reached for the beer.

" S***!" He thought as the alien began to drink. " I was going to give him a water!...I hope that doesn't have any dire effects on him..."

He watched nervously as the alien began to drink, then asked the bartender for two waters, which were given.

7/28/2009 #76
CellarDoor96

Ziritrin put the empty glass back down. It... tasted alright, but nothing's happened to me...

Corwiar closed his eyes. You're going to get yourself killed someday...

Ziritrin blinked and started to sway slightly. Hey, there are two of you and three and a half of that alien... He squinted, then collapsed to the floor.

Corwiar opened his eyes and looked at Ziritrin. I told you... He then glanced up at Gorbech and blinked. ...Wow, you're right, there are three and a half of the alien.

(XD They're connected telepathically, so the effects spread from one to the other through their link...)

7/28/2009 #77
Sgt.Shank

" Oh Shi- bartender!" yelled Gorbech.

The bartender assisted him in carrying the two outside.

The bartender turned to Gorbech. "God... things are so weird already.....And I've only had two scotch's"

They put the two on an Abrams, which sped them to the temporoay med tents set up.

The medics ran up to the tank.

"Jesus Christ! What happened to them?"

Gorbech slid them onto a stretcher. "One of them had a beer, then they both collapsed."

The medics nodded. We'll hook them up to monitor them, see if its lethal right away. We can inject fluids to neutralize the alcohol, that should work."

Gorbech nodded as the aliens were carried away.

(Thats mah last post for tonight! See you tommorow.)

7/28/2009 #78
CellarDoor96

(Okay, I now have no idea what to do.)

(G'night. But I'm probably not going to be here tomorrow, we're leaving for Florida early tomorrow morning. D: )

7/28/2009 #79
EssentiallyCrazy

(EC, The snipers should have shot him as soon has he grabbed his sword, but I'm not gona do that.)

(Shank. It's nighttime. There's a new moon. No human can really see a thing. And Cole is hidden behind a tree.

I'd also like to mention that The Book has another form: a necklace. -Shot- In this form, the crystal on the cover of The Book hangs on a gold chain.

Oh, yes, and Natalie can manipulate light in a way. There's an eternal light burning in the depths of the crystal; that's why.

Confused much? XD)

The CO replied,

" United States Marine Corp! Hands in the air! If you flinch again, we'll shoot"

The other marines had caught up now, and now each memeber of the group had a gun pointed at them.

"You'd shoot four kids?" Natalie's voice was quiet, just barely loud enough for the marines to hear her.

7/28/2009 #80
Sgt.Shank

(Shank. It's nighttime. There's a new moon. No human can really see a thing. And Cole is hidden behind a tree.

I'd also like to mention that The Book has another form: a necklace. -Shot- In this form, the crystal on the cover of The Book hangs on a gold chain.

Oh, yes, and Natalie can manipulate light in a way. There's an eternal light burning in the depths of the crystal; that's why.

Confused much? XD)

(Well, first off, the Snipers spotted them at first glance because they're wearing NVG's. Although I should have mentioned that. The other marines just have flashlights, so they can't really make out details.

thats actually very smart with the whole disguised as another object thing. Like the sword in the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series.

Okay....then. I think I understand, but to be safe, lets just explode my head again. KABOOOM!!!!)

"You'd shoot four kids?" Natalie's voice was quiet, just barely loud enough for the marines to hear her.

Although she couldn't see, the CO narrowed his eyes. The sniper lifted his pistol, aimed above Natalie's head, and fired a shot.

"That was your warning shot. On the ground NOW."

(The reason they're being so aggressive, is that they just heard about the twins did, so they're a little paranoid.)

7/29/2009 . Edited 7/29/2009 #81
EssentiallyCrazy

(I should also mention that Echo has limited telepathic abilities.)

"Do it," Natalie muttered in a low voice to her friends. Reluctanly, they lay on the ground.

7/29/2009 #82
Sgt.Shank

(Hmmm?)

The CO nodded to the two other marines. The ACP had arrived and the gate down the fence opened to let it out.

The first marine pulled out an old T-shirt, and tore it into strips. Each soldier took one, and they turned back to the kids.

"We are going to transport you all across the base now for interegation. We are going to put blindfolds on you, and if you try anything, the nice men in the ACP will blow your brains out."

The back of the ACP opened up, and a squad piled out.

7/29/2009 #83
EssentiallyCrazy

(Echo can talk with others telepathically if they're near her, and she can "hack" into telepathic connections for a short time.)

Echo's eyes flashed. "Cole! Your sword!"

Shoot... Cole thought. In a few quick motions, he managed to remove his sword and case and toss it onto the ground-just in time.

Natalie watched the scene in silence, letting out a brief mental sigh of relief.

7/29/2009 #84
Sgt.Shank

The marines blindfolded of the group, then led them into the ACP. The door shut, and it rumbled away, carrying them towards some unknown location in an unfamiliar place.

7/29/2009 #85
EssentiallyCrazy

(I imagine that they're in some place behind the driving hub of the ACP, but correct me if I'm wrong.)

"I hate the dark," Echo muttered. "And with that explosion, it's not even dark; we're just blindfolded. I hate that, too."

"Get used to the dark," Cole snapped. "It's not forever spring on Earth; we're nearing fall and it's gonna get darker."

Natalie clapped her hands over her ears. A dull thud reverberated. "Stop arguing, you two! That's all you do! We can't get through one waking moment without you clashing!"

7/29/2009 . Edited 7/29/2009 #86
Sgt.Shank

(Eh, close enough. But what was that thud?)

The Marine sergeant turned to all three.

"Hey! Knock it off! We're almost there, so lets have a little silence."

The ACP slowed, went over a bump, and then resumed speed.

A private grimaced. "I hate going here. It gives me the creeps."

7/29/2009 #87
EssentiallyCrazy

(It was Natalie clapping her hands over her ears. I couldn't think of any other noise, but you can kinda hear something if you clap your hands over your ears.)

Natalie buried her face in her hands in a motion of exasperation. Darn it, you imeciles...

7/29/2009 #88
Sgt.Shank

(Oh. Right.)

A corpral banged on the front wall of the ACP.

"Yo! Arnold! Lets get some tunes back here!"

Speakers in the front of the armored vehicle slowly turned up.

The Marines listened closely.

That night her kiss told me it was over I walked out late into the dark The misty gloom seems to soak up my sorrow

"Ah...." Said the sergeant. "How appropriate."

The further I went on I felt a spreading calm

Then suddenly my eyes were bathed in light

And the lovely lady in white was by my side

She said like me I see youre walking alone

Wont you please stay?

I couldnt look away...

She said I love the night

The day is ok and the sun can be fun, but I live To see those rays slip away....

I love the night Theres so much I can show and give to you If you will welcome me tonight

If only you had been there my dear We could have shared this together

No mortal was meant to know such wonder One look in the mirror told me so

Come darkness Ill see her again

Yes Im gonna go cause now I know I love the night

The day is ok and the sun can be fun but I live To see those rays slip away

I love the night

I love the night

I love the night

The ACP ground to a stop.

"Last stop. Everyone out."

Each marine helped the kids out, and then removed their blindfolds. Before them, stood a tall, concrete building, lined with barbed wire at the top. It looked like an apartment buliding, besides the concrete, barbed wire and bulletproof glass.

(...I couldn't help myself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ognBcHjlcJo )

7/29/2009 . Edited 7/29/2009 #89
EssentiallyCrazy

Natalie shuddered. The sight was enough to make almost anyone shiver.

(Bbl)

7/29/2009 . Edited 7/29/2009 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: CellarDoor96 Typing Typhoon, Thunder Lord Aeatos, Sgt.Shank, EssentiallyCrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member