The Celestial Sandbox
In this RP, you can do anything you want, as long as you follow a few rules. The universe is a blank slate, and you have just been given the tools to make it more. Destroy it, help it, the choice is yours.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
Sgt.Shank

Name: New Hidel

Type: Terrestrial planet

Physical Description: Twice the size of Earth, New Hidel is almost entirely a tropical rain forest. However, it is dotted with gigantic cities, many resembling NYC. The planet is also dotted with large rivers and lakes.

Who Lives There?: Just about everyone. When traveling through the universe, just about everyone stops here. Every being imaginable, from humans to dragons to robots.

8/31/2009 #91
CellarDoor96

Well, first I have to ask this: Does it exist at the same time as the events currently happening on Earth? Because you mentioned there being humans there, but as of the time of the current events of this RP space travel has not yet been invented which could get there.

You also said it was "two stars away from Anquarus". This not only makes me ask how far "two stars away" is, but then there also comes the fact that Anquarus has no established location. I haven't set a location for it yet, except to say that it's far, far away from Earth. I don't even think it's in the Milky Way or any galaxy near it, but I'll have to check my notes.

9/1/2009 #92
Sgt.Shank

Well, they obviously aren't from Earth. I think we've already established there are humans on planets outside of Earth as well. Maybe not though....

As for location, It actually doesn't matter. I don't even know how this system of location is really going to work.

9/1/2009 #93
CellarDoor96

I'm not sure how there would be humans anywhere other than Earth, unless there was some really funky time-traveling/deity-interceding/interdimensional-superpower-traveling going on... This isn't like Star Wars where it was just assumed that humans were everywhere, mingling with aliens. This is more like Star Trek, though in the present. Or future, if you wanna do that time-travel thing...

The location thing doesn't have to be filled out, it's just something that might come in handy.

9/1/2009 #94
Sgt.Shank

Eh, it doesn't have to have humans. Just everyone else.

9/1/2009 #95
CellarDoor96

Well, you could still have humans, it's just that either they could only be there in the future, or they would have come there from the future through time-travel. If the latter, I need some sort of explanation...

9/1/2009 #96
Sgt.Shank

Nah, its fine, they'll come eventually, even though Johann's already been there. Though he doesn't really count...

9/1/2009 . Edited 9/1/2009 #97
CellarDoor96

Okay.

One more thing: If it's twice as big as Earth, then either it's going to have to be much more massive than Earth, or it's going to have to be much less dense than Earth, on the order of gas-planet density. Either way, it's going to affect the kinds of creatures that can live there.

9/3/2009 #98
Sgt.Shank

It is less dense then.

9/3/2009 #99
CellarDoor96

If it has twice the diameter of Earth, but its mass is the same as the Earth's, then it has to be made out of something incredibly light... Like a material that's a liquid or gas at the average temperature of the planet. Because if it froze (unless it was water), it would condense again and wouldn't be as big.

9/4/2009 #100
Sgt.Shank

....hmmm.....

9/4/2009 #101
Splendour of the Machine

I probably won't be very good, but...can I have a go at terraforming sometime? 0w0

9/4/2009 #102
Sgt.Shank

Go right ahead. Lets see what you come up with.

9/4/2009 #103
Splendour of the Machine

Okay...here goes. GERONIMO

Name: Atrum Terra (It's Latin...translates to 'Dark Earth' :3)

Type: Planet

Physical Description: This planet is roughly the same size as Earth, and is completely bisected by one deep chasm running across the equator. The Higher (northern) Hemisphere is the home of the Filiolus, and is generally a bright place, where life thrives. There are many great, beautiful metropolises. There are no oceans here, but many clean rivers and lakes. The most common terrain is light forest and sweeping, grassy plains. The Lower (southern) Hemisphere is the home of the Diabolus, and is widely a dim, hot environment that is ill-suited to many organisms, though some life forms (namely, nocturnal predators) do very well, especially enormous colonies of bacteria that can occupy entire trees. The Diabolus have been forced to live in a number of huge, entirely self-contained fortresses to protect the populance from the countless nightmare creatures that roam the poisonous jungles and fetid marshes.

Also, the core of the planet is a form of raw, liquified magic, the source of nearly every one of the planet's magic user's abilities. This is called the Deepspring. Were a magic user to leave the planet, they would no longer be able to access their planet's magical reserves. When magic is used by a being on the planet, the magical power is converted back into raw magical energy, and reabsorbed into the core.

One of the most important locations on Atrum Terra is Well's Edge, a volcano-like mountain. It is the only place which allows direct access to the Deepspring.

Who Lives There?: Two sentient races, the Nos Diabolus (We The Devils (more Latin :3)) and Nos Filiolus (We The Gods). They were originally a single species, the Nos Pondera (We The Balanced), but branched into two related races during a three-million-year civil war that broke out between the then Empress of the planet and her younger sister.

The Diabolus are very similiar to most modern depictions of witches and wizards, in the way they can use some kinds of magic. The Filiolus have appearance of human-sized fairies, butterfly wings and all.

Location (relative to any universal constant, such as Earth or the Milky Way): Hum hum...about...three hundred lightyears away from the edge of the Milky Way.

9/4/2009 . Edited 9/11/2009 #104
Sgt.Shank

Approved. Cel will make the topic when he gets around to it.

9/4/2009 #105
Splendour of the Machine

Yeee! ^w^ *breakdances* I just made a planeeeeeeeeeeet!

9/4/2009 . Edited 9/4/2009 #106
Thedragiin

Name: Jivian

Type: Terrestrial

Physical Description: A barren rock of a planet, but mineral rich, the inhabiting people of the Vonen Empire(Multi-racial) desperately searched for a way to gain access to these wonders. They brought a great artifact to Jivian called the Inner Mana, which created an artificial atmosphere around the planet. They then created facilities on the planet's surface which produced oxygen in a dangerous and partially magical process dubbed 'Vaping' by the people. Mining tunnels were dredged deep into the crust of the planet, most of which were long abandoned. A secret resistance movement has based it's operations deep within these catacombs. The civilians and workers live on large floating cities about 5 city blocks wide called Havens.

Who Lives There?: Members of the Vonen Empire, which is a rapidly expanding mix of races. Humans are used like slaves.

Location (relative to any universal constant, such as Earth or the Milky Way): In another galaxy separate from Earth, but in the same dimension.

9/5/2009 #107
Sgt.Shank

Delicious. I'll make the thread.

9/5/2009 #108
Splendour of the Machine

*Looks starry-eyed* WE ARE GODS.

(MUST...RP...IN...DIVONUS! Wanna see what happens to Raltz. :3)

9/5/2009 . Edited 9/5/2009 #109
Sgt.Shank

Oh, I'll make your thread too. And TD will reply soon.

9/5/2009 #110
Splendour of the Machine

*explodes with giddy joy*

9/5/2009 #111
Sgt.Shank

XD

9/5/2009 #112
Splendour of the Machine

^w^

Who's TD? Nooooooooooo *throws self to ground, narrowly dodging legion of stares*

Edit: OMIGOD I'M A CHILD PRODIGY. I figured it out. NOOOOOOO *is crushed under legion of stares*

9/5/2009 . Edited 9/5/2009 #113
CellarDoor96

Hold on. I can't approve Jivian yet for a couple reasons.

First off, how can there be humans in this Jivian Empire? Especially when it's in another galaxy, the nearest of which would take several million years to reach while traveling at the speed of light. Humanity hasn't even existed that long.

Second off, you can't just create an atmosphere for an entire planet, no matter what "great artifact" you use. Even if it could produce oxygen, unless the planet was already massive enough to sustain an atmosphere, the oxygen would immediately float off into space.

9/5/2009 #114
Thedragiin

Sorry, there is an atmosphere on Jivian, it just doesn't contain oxygen. I was aim for a mars-like set-up when i created Jivian.

And a book that contains an entire dimension isn't equally as powerful?

9/5/2009 #115
Splendour of the Machine

*pretends to be of significance* TD's back! SQUEEEE! Now we just need Shank.

9/5/2009 #116
CellarDoor96

Okay, then, that works, it's approved.

9/5/2009 #117
Sgt.Shank

And New Hidel?

9/8/2009 #118
Splendour of the Machine

How come Jivian can't be populated by humans like Zokui automatically can...? ^^;

9/8/2009 #119
Splendour of the Machine

Had this bizarre idea while doing absolutely nothing. Inspiration: unknown, though possibly the world from a book I’m writing…though this one is probably kinder, what with its ferocious wildlife and universal wasteland.

Name: Kaisitta17

Type: Moon

Physical Description: Kaisitta17 has a universally mountainous terrain, broken by flat plain-like valleys in between. There are many dead volcanoes, a number of dormant ones and one or two are active. The mountains are riddles with labyrinthine cave and lava tubes, creating vast fortresses for the different ‘clans’ of the more intelligent spiders.

Who Lives There?: Septillions upon septillions of vicious, occasionally sentient arachnid creatures, their sizes varying from pint-point tininess to mountain-like proportions. Nearly every surface of this moon is covered by these spiders, and they are a constantly seething mass, warring over space and darkness. The spiders are exclusively cannibalistic, but only when there is no other prey available, which typically comes in the form of living organisms alien to Saitta17. The spiders are deathly afraid of light and heat, which can blind and kill them respectively. Few other forms of life survive here, though it is thought that a town-sized community of sentient mammalians live inside a dormant volcano (Fire-Mountain), and a forgotten, sealed exploration centre with its lights still glaring.

Location: It is one of nineteen moons orbiting a large planet, which in turn orbits a relatively new star. The exact location of this one-planet system is unknown, but it is at the approximate centre of a dense cluster of stars two galaxies away from the Milky Way.

9/9/2009 . Edited 9/9/2009 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: CellarDoor96 Typing Typhoon, Thunder Lord Aeatos, Sgt.Shank, EssentiallyCrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member