The Celestial Sandbox
In this RP, you can do anything you want, as long as you follow a few rules. The universe is a blank slate, and you have just been given the tools to make it more. Destroy it, help it, the choice is yours.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
CellarDoor96

Calynos is an Earthlike planet with one ocean and one continent, the latter of which is divided in half by a huge river. The Skorin occupy the cold Southern Polar Region, their distant relatives the Luminai occupy the desert-covered northern area, and the artificial lifeforms the Argenai, creations of the Luminai, occupy areas near the Dividing River. These three races are the only sentient lifeforms on the planet, though there are many more non-sentient lifeforms. The Skorin were the first sentients, but they were not native to Calynos; they came from another universe. Calynos is the sole planet orbiting a sunlike star far away from Earth.

8/28/2009 #1
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( Mmkay. Soul if you get back and want in on this, lemme know and I'll retcon Portensus in. ))

Needless to say, the little group would have been momentarily blinded by the bright flash of light. When they regained their vision, they would see that their surroundings had vastly changed. Gray metal walls on three sides, and a matching floor and ceiling. Ahead of them, a transparent door, and beyond it, a room full of dark-skinned humanoids. One such being looked in through the door, and waved to the others, shouting in some unintelligible tongue. (Unintelligible to the group, anyway, his comrades obviously understood him.)

11/14/2009 #2
Taihus

(oooh, ooh, ooooh, can I join in?! please?)

11/14/2009 #3
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( Hmm... I'll retcon you in or something. Just wait a few posts so I can clear the pad. ))

11/14/2009 #4
Sgt.Shank

When the soldiers came to, in a flash of light, They found themselves in sharp contrast to the moutnains that were surrounding them.

Allen yelled for order, and the marines snapped to attention. The major looked to the aliens, and then addressed the troops.

"No weapons unless I give the go." He then turned back to the other members of the group, with a quick glance at the aliens.

11/14/2009 #5
Thunder Lord Aeatos

The door opened after a moment, and one of the figures entered the room, wearing something silver around his neck.

"I am so sorry for startling you." He said. "Welcome to the Mant'rai. This way, if you please, we are expecting some more guests any minute."

11/14/2009 #6
Sgt.Shank

(Maybe we should wait for the rest?)

11/14/2009 #7
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(I know, I just wanted to go ahead and be sure that everyone has something proper to go on.)

11/14/2009 #8
CellarDoor96

The twins blinked in confusion. Uh, is this supposed to happen? Cor asked.

Apparently not, Trin hissed, looking at the faces of the others. This most definitely was not supposed to happen... The metal floor underneath him began to turn red.

Neither of them moved, instead staring at the aliens cautiously.

11/15/2009 #9
Sgt.Shank

Allen looked back at the alien.

"...might I ask, who are you?"

11/15/2009 #10
Thedragiin

"My god. Scotty is getting really bad at that." Blade said.

11/15/2009 #11
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"My name is not of importance to you." The being said. "You must report to Kelm-arn Dantai at once. He is not known for being patient."

11/15/2009 #12
Sgt.Shank

Allen looked at Blade. "For God's sake, if your not going to be helpful, then be quiet."

He looked back at the otehrs. "Well? Stay here, or go with this gentleman?"

11/16/2009 #13
Thedragiin

"Not like we have anywhere else to go."

11/16/2009 #14
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Not only that," The being said, giving them a strange grin, "But if you stay here, when the next guests arrive, the energy surge will rip your molecules apart. Very painful way to die, from what I understand."

"I vote we go." Ryan said simply.

11/16/2009 #15
Sgt.Shank

"Then we shall go."

Allen, Gorbech and of the soldiers filed out of the small room.

11/16/2009 #16
Taihus

(hold on, what do you mean by retcon? will I get cued in or what?)

11/16/2009 #17
Thedragiin

Blade, Isabella, and Thiden followed the Marines out.

11/16/2009 #18
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( Well, you weren't with the original group, so I had to come up with something. When he says "our next guests" he's talking about your guys. ))

11/16/2009 #19
Soul of Light and Darkness

(just to verify, are we coming here from Peota? If so, how did we get here?)

11/16/2009 #20
CellarDoor96

(We're coming here from Earth. I decided to retcon the Peota plot so far because it was kind of stuck and EC said she wasn't going to be around to control things.)

11/16/2009 #21
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( No, it's a retcon, rather than being pulled to Peota, they're being warped to Calynos.

Edit: GAH. NINJA'D))

11/16/2009 . Edited 11/16/2009 #22
CellarDoor96

(*is a ninja* }:D)

(Only now I dun know what to do since the twins don't understand what anyone's saying.)

11/16/2009 #23
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( I can probably come up with something... ))

11/16/2009 #24
Taihus

(what the hell does retcon mean?!)

11/16/2009 #25
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( In layman's terms, it means we just randomly change something that's already been established as part of the plot. ))

11/16/2009 #26
Taihus

((got it. I'll just sit here patiently until I see an opportunity to join in...))

11/16/2009 #27
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( Don't worry, I have something planned. Once everybody clears the pad, I'll be able to warp your lot in. ))

11/16/2009 #28
CellarDoor96

(If the aliens are communicating telepathically, the twins should be able to understand them.)

(And, whoops, I just realized I forgot about Calixra and Tinfi! XD)

Tinfi darted around in confusion. "What? Where is this? Where is Tinfi? Why did you bring her here?!"

Calixra just stared, surprised more than a little by this sudden change of scenery. She quickly recovered though and brandished her claws threateningly at the aliens. "Who are you?" she demanded.

11/16/2009 #29
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( He's got a translator, built to spec by studying humans, including their language, for several years. They picked out Earth because of it's "popularity" for extradimensional (my definition) and extraterrestrial visitors. As for how they could speak to the twins, since MOST of the Skorin are friends with the Luminai, could it be feasible that the Skorin had studied their race before it went bye-bye? ))

"Come along, please." The alien said. "Kelm-arn Dantai will explain everything." He motioned for the twins to follow, obviously recognizing that they could not understand his speech.

11/16/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: CellarDoor96 Typing Typhoon, Thunder Lord Aeatos, Sgt.Shank, EssentiallyCrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member