The Celestial Sandbox
In this RP, you can do anything you want, as long as you follow a few rules. The universe is a blank slate, and you have just been given the tools to make it more. Destroy it, help it, the choice is yours.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »
Taihus

Kex noticed #96, but decided that it was friendly, based on the fact that it had bits of Skorin uniforms stuck to its tentacles. Refocusing on the Zero, he shifted the beam's frequency up. It seemed to disappear as the frequency left the visible spectrum and went to ultraviolet, then X-ray, then Gamma. The space around Kex seemed to become darker as more photons were siphoned into the beam.

(basically, what he's doing is adjusting nearby photons, making them cohesive, in other words making a laser from scratch.)

1/10/2010 #391
CellarDoor96

Mors paused. "I have no interest in your petty wars, but if that's the only way you'll help me... I'll help you. Hmph. But if this turns out to be a waste of my precious time, you will pay for it."

He held Falx out to one side, and the yellow blade reappeared. "I'll take care of those you call 'enemies'. That you even need an army to defeat them astounds me." He dashed off into the fighting, slicing through Skorin with sweeps of Falx.

Calixra glanced after him. "He's got some issues," she decided, before vanishing into a shadow again.

(Watch, he'll get his butt kicked :D)

1/10/2010 #392
Sgt.Shank

(I'm still waiting for an airstrike that'll r*** everyone.)

1/10/2010 #393
Taihus

(what happens to the Zero?)

1/10/2010 #394
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( 7000 K? Not enough, it takes over 10,000 K, which is about 1000 K under what the Argenai ArMoAc weapons are capable of. ))

The laser trick might have worked were it not for the mirror-like surface of the armor, reflective enough to divert most of the laser's power at Mors.

The other two Zeroes got to work, making short work of the Luminai forces. Ryan barely avoided getting frozen solid, although some of his hair didn't fare so well.

1/10/2010 #395
CellarDoor96

Even though Mors was fast, he wasn't quite fast enough to dodge something moving at the speed of light. The beam grazed his head, singing it and producing sparks. He didn't seem to notice the damage, though he now diverted his attention toward the Zero.

Mors jumped at the tank with superhuman speed, slashing at its front with Falx's blade and then jumping backward.

1/10/2010 #396
Thunder Lord Aeatos

He made a cut on the front, although it became quickly obvious he hadn't hit anything important.

1/11/2010 #397
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( .... Wait.... HOW did he do that? ))

1/11/2010 #398
CellarDoor96

(...Wait, are we to assume the gash went all the way through? O.o?)

1/11/2010 #399
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( Exactly what I was saying. The armor's over a foot thick in some places, and it's resistant enough that unless he just leaves relatively small gashes he's not going to be able to just slash it open. To get a deep enough cut to go all the way through will take a couple minutes, kind of like how Qui-gon was cutting through the doors in Phantom Menace. ))

1/11/2010 #400
CellarDoor96

(So... shall we just assume that post never happened?)

1/11/2010 #401
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( Yeah, pretty much..... ))

1/11/2010 #402
Sgt.Shank

Even more enraged at this point, #96 used its tentacles to brace against the ground and push the tank over.

1/11/2010 #403
Thunder Lord Aeatos

The tank rolled right over and sat there for a second.

Then two holes opened on the top of the armor. (Note: Top meaning the section is on top when the tank is upright.)

1/11/2010 #404
Sgt.Shank

#96 Promptly sent two tentacles snaking down the holes, in search of the crew.

(And what might it find....?)

1/11/2010 #405
Thunder Lord Aeatos

This probably was a very bad idea, as two jets of flame promptly burst forth from the holes, flipping the tank back upright.

(( Rockets designed to flip the tank upright. ))

1/11/2010 #406
CellarDoor96

(...Don't tell me it's going to sprout legs and start walking? *eaten*)

Mors took his chance and circled around to the back of the tank, slashing at it with Falx once. Then he moved back and pointed Falx at the tank, firing a single shot into the spot he had just slashed.

(I heard somewhere that the backs of tanks were weaker. :P And anyway the crew inside will have a harder time seeing him.)

1/11/2010 #407
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( Yeah, they'd definitely have a harder time seeing him in an Abrams. You have to remember these aren't humans. They're a lot smarter for one thing. ))

The combination took a fist-sized chunk out of the armor, but it didn't appear that he'd gotten through yet, as nothing was visible apart from the same gray metal.

(( Even if you do destroy one, don't forget that there are two more. ))

1/11/2010 #408
Taihus

Meanwhile, Zen finished her rush at the Zero, jumped in front of the barrel, and blasted heat down it.

1/11/2010 #409
Sgt.Shank

(The weak point of a tank is its back, but a better bet is its botom.)

#96 Tried a different tactic. It wrapped its tentacles around the turret, and with tremendous effort and strength, began to pull the barrel of the main gun out of its housing.

(If the Skorin have designed something for the turret not to be ripped out by a creature, I'm going to have an attack.)

1/11/2010 #410
CellarDoor96

(Is the tank going to just sit there?)

Mors grunted and fired a continuous beam out of Falx, aiming it at the hole he'd made.

1/11/2010 #411
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( It's not designed for that, no, but it doesn't exactly have a barrel. ))

About this time, the other tanks came to the rescue, aiming their weapons at #96.

The gun creaked a little bit, but made no other progress towards moving. It would probably move with enough pulling, but that wouldn't be enough time to avoid the other tanks.

1/11/2010 #412
Taihus

(What about me? Zen's heating up whatever's at the other end of the barrel.)

1/11/2010 #413
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( Sorry, I'm trying to keep up with too many posts.

Oh yeah, Taihus, I posted my challenger to the Nine in Warzone. ))

The gun didn't make much response either.

In the distance something exploded.

"We have communications re-established!" The commander shouted.

"Can you read us? This is Kelm-arn Reman Dantai, we are inbound. Fire in the skies, repeat, fire in the skies!"

1/11/2010 #414
CellarDoor96

(...Does that mean they want a signal, or does it mean the sky is on fire?)

1/11/2010 #415
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( That means "We're coming in weapons blazing. G*** now." ))

1/11/2010 #416
CellarDoor96

(So, I guess that would be the latter.)

(None of my characters are near yours, so none of them can respond until someone tells them...)

1/11/2010 #417
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( I know.... ))

Ryan came running. "Hit the dirt!" He shouted. "Calixra, tell the twins to get down!"

1/11/2010 #418
CellarDoor96

She emerged from a shadow and quickly relayed the message to the confused twins, as well as #96. "Why? What's wrong?"

Mors was still trying to melt a hole in the tank's armor.

1/11/2010 #419
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Ryan, however, didn't take the time to explain.

Something whizzed overhead, too fast for the human eye to make out properly. A moment later a loud rushing sound met their ears as the sound waves caught up.

1/11/2010 #420
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: CellarDoor96 Typing Typhoon, Thunder Lord Aeatos, Sgt.Shank, EssentiallyCrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member