The Celestial Sandbox
In this RP, you can do anything you want, as long as you follow a few rules. The universe is a blank slate, and you have just been given the tools to make it more. Destroy it, help it, the choice is yours.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(Techincally, that wouldn't work, since the shield acts like a filter. People and things are "tagged" if they are allowed into the ship. The shield filters out and annihilates anything inside it that isn't tagged.)

11/23/2009 #91
CellarDoor96

(He would basically drop out of 4-D space and then reemerge inside the ship, and wouldn't touch the shields at all. Unless they fill the inside of the ship, that is...)

11/23/2009 . Edited 11/23/2009 #92
Soul of Light and Darkness

"Yes Sam," Portensus said contritely. He hovered quietely as the aliens worked, understanding perfectly and exactly what they were doing in his subconscious and yet being amazed with all the innocence of youth. The sudden appearance of the newcomer went unnoticed by him until he spoke, causing the small blue ball to jump in mid-air.

The single eye swiveled around with enough suddeness to severely startle a statue. He stared with surprise and interest.

"Hi!" he said cheerfully. "I'm Portensus. I'm a god. Who're you?"

((OOC: I'll remove this if it's decided that ML shouldn't be there))

11/23/2009 . Edited 11/23/2009 #93
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(Yeah, the shields are basically a field of energy in and around the ship)

11/23/2009 #94
CellarDoor96

(So they are inside the ship? Well in that case he can just make himself a light projection, like a hologram. He has plenty of tricks...)

Ml smiled. "A god, are you? You're looking a little un-godly today. Your eye's all clouded up, see." He laughed. "I am Ml."

11/23/2009 #95

Portensus wasn't quite sure how to respond to the first bit of Ml's statement, so he merely said, "Nice to meet you."

11/23/2009 #96
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(It's a stretch, but I'll allow it just because I want this to be fun. Don't expect to make a habit out of it, though.)

"Don't make fun of him." Sam said, the barest hint of a growl in her voice.

11/23/2009 #97
CellarDoor96

(Okay :D)

Ml looked at her, slightly amused. "And why not? Fun is all that's left when you've done everything else. But I'll keep what you say in mind." He suddenly bowed. "I'm sorry, I don't think we've met yet. Have you a name?"

(Is she a wolf or what right now?)

11/23/2009 #98
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( Yeah. ))

"Samiyra." Sam said. As with Dekel, the offer of calling her "Sam" was not extended.

11/23/2009 #99
CellarDoor96

"Samiyra? That's a bit of a mouthful. How about just Sam? Or Iyra?" Ml grinned. "Or do you trust me less than you do all the other people you've just met, most of whom just tried to destroy your home?"

11/23/2009 . Edited 11/23/2009 #100
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Sam growled, ears flattening against her head. "I think you should leave." She said angrily, baring her teeth at him.

11/23/2009 #101
CellarDoor96

Ml laughed. "What, you don't like what I'm saying? Even though it's the truth? You know it is. You see, my dear, if you can't trust those you depend on when you really need them... you're dead." He threw back his hood, revealing a human face. "Can you trust those who you depend on?" He gestured at Portensus. "The floating eyeball there. Not yet two hours after you met him, and you already trust him completely and totally. Why?"

11/23/2009 #102
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"That's n-none of you business!" Sam exclaimed. She knew exactly why, but she certainly didn't want to share it with this annoying creature who stuck his nose into private places.

11/23/2009 #103
CellarDoor96

Ml nodded anyway. "Aha, I see. You know that what you see is not what he is. If he appeared as a horrendous, misshapen monster, would you think the same of him?" Ml chuckled. "Would you trust him the way you do? Would you feel the same way about him?"

(Yes, Ml's kind of like that :P )

11/23/2009 #104

"You leave her alone!" Portensus said forcefully. His initial impression of Ml was immediately lost as he realized the creature's abrasive personality. "Sam is my friend. You're mean!"

11/23/2009 #105
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Sam growled. "I know what he is." She said. "But I don't care what he looks like. Unlike SOME people," She glared at him as she said this, "Portensus is actually a good person. He actually gives a care, unlike certain people present, who have a tendency of STICKING THEIR OVERSIZED NOSES WHERE THEY DON'T BELONG AND FLAUNTING THEIR INFLATED EGOS AROUND LIKE MY EX-MATE'S SECRET CONSORT FLAUNTED HER BODY!" The aliens turned and stared at her after this particular outburst.

11/23/2009 #106
CellarDoor96

Ml waggled a finger. "Tsk, tsk, losing your temper. Not a very good way to get your point across. In fact, on some particularly civilized planets, that's punishable by death." He sat and absentmindedly began to float into the air. "On that subject, I've been observing planets around this galaxy for quite a while now. None of them seem to have a very strict moral code. Such a shame, really, considering how interesting their inhabitants are..."

11/23/2009 #107
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Go away before I really lose my temper." Sam growled, lowering herself towards the ground in preparation to spring at him.

11/23/2009 #108

"You're mean!" Portensus said again. "Go away!" The cloud of blue matter began to bristle threatingly, a warning that dangerous levels of power were gathering.

"Go away, or I'll make you!"

11/23/2009 #109
CellarDoor96

"So disappointing that you get angry so easily," Ml said. "Let me tell you, if you do attack me, you will regret it. Heehee. Oh, I won't kill you; I'm not that barbaric. But..." His eyes gleamed mischievously. "...There are so many things I could do that are worse than death."

11/23/2009 #110

To call what Portensus did next an attack would be to fail utterly in describing the sheer awesome might of what happened. Portensus' inhibitions about using his power carelessly were lost with his maturity. The blast he fired at Ml would have split a black hole in half.

11/23/2009 #111
CellarDoor96

Ml vanished instantly, leaving Portensus's attack to wreak its destruction on the ship instead.

11/23/2009 #112
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Fortunately for the ship, another figure teleported in at that exact instant. The energy from Portensus' attack, having been traveling in the direction of the pad, met with an opposite charge in the energy released from the teleportation, and both canceled out harmlessly.

The figure stepped off the pad and observed the two, brushing a strand of silver hair out from in front of her midnight-blue eyes. She turned and spoke to one of the aliens in a much different language from before. The alien replied in the same language. She nodded.

A voice spoke in Sam and Portensus' minds. 'I can feel some troubled emotions... what ails you?'

11/23/2009 #113

"There was a mean person here," Portensus said sullenly, looking at the place where Ml was. "He said mean things about my friend."

11/23/2009 #114
Thunder Lord Aeatos

'I see... you two are some of Reman's guests, are you not?' The voice said. The silver-skinned female smiled.

"I guess..." Sam said.

'Nice to meet you. I'm Kira.'

11/23/2009 #115

"Hi Kira," Portensus said, still retaining a slight grudgign tone due to his continued dislike of Ml. He quickly realized that he was sounding impolite and tried again.

"It's nice to meet you. You're really pretty."

11/23/2009 #116
Thunder Lord Aeatos

'Thank you.' Kira replied, smiling. Sam raised an eyebrow.

"Don't even consider it." She said. Kira smiled.

'Oh, I'm not going to. I already have somebody I'm interested in.'

11/23/2009 #117

Portensus looked from one woman to the other with an evidently confused air. It would not be until his mind finished reforming that he would pick up on the obvious reference being made here, but although he would tastefully avoid mentioning it to Sam, at least in public, he would remember both this and the outburst about her ex.

11/23/2009 #118
CellarDoor96

"Well, you know what they say, two's company, but three's a crowd," Ml said, reappearing. He grinned. "Of course, some particularly disturbed races also said that dissection was the best way to show true love, but believe me they aren't saying it anymore."

11/23/2009 #119
Thunder Lord Aeatos

'So, what's your name?' Kira asked Sam.

"Sam." Sam replied.

'I like it.' Kira said. 'So, why are you two down here? Reman's probably on the bridge.'

"Well, Portensus was temporarily put out of commission by the teleporter, so I'm staying with him until he's better." Sam explained.

Kira turned to Ml. This time, she didn't speak telepathically, instead using her own native tongue. "Are you the one who has been bothering these two?"

11/23/2009 . Edited 11/23/2009 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: CellarDoor96 Typing Typhoon, Thunder Lord Aeatos, Sgt.Shank, EssentiallyCrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member