The Celestial Sandbox
In this RP, you can do anything you want, as long as you follow a few rules. The universe is a blank slate, and you have just been given the tools to make it more. Destroy it, help it, the choice is yours.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
CellarDoor96

Name: The Between

Type: Void

Physical Description: The Between is not really a place, but is the nothingness which exists outside of all universes. It cannot be physically entered, because there is no space of any kind here, but information can be sent through it between universes, in certain special cases.

Climate: None

Who Lives There?: None

3/17/2010 #1
Splendour of the Machine

CLYSMIC reached through The Between, blindly seeking out her next meal. She bumped into something large, something she had never felt before. Without thinking, she punctured its outer flesh, and began to peel it open.

3/17/2010 #2
Zeal of 1200BC

Entria felt pain within herself. She bellowed all throughout her body, "What is this that seeks harm upon me?"

3/17/2010 #3
Splendour of the Machine

CLYSMIC recoiled in shock. "Alive? It's alive?" she cried, freezing in her peeling.

3/17/2010 #4
Zeal of 1200BC

"Yes, 'It' is alive. I may ask the same about you." Entria replied, repairing the damage to her continuum.

3/17/2010 #5
Splendour of the Machine

CLYSMIC slowly began to detach herself. "But I was the only one," she exclaimed. "When Mother gave birth, I was the only child with thought. Do you know of Mother?"

3/17/2010 #6
Zeal of 1200BC

"'Mother'?" Entria slowly replied, looking into her memory. "...Yes, I possess recollections of a presence I tend to refer to as 'Mother'." she said.

3/17/2010 #7
Splendour of the Machine

(Hello, Sephiroth)

"Are you a universe? You don't feel like the others. The others are dumb, senseless things."

3/17/2010 #8
Zeal of 1200BC

(What do you mean? Who is Sephiroth?)

"Yes, I am everything a universe is. I also must say that you are the first universe capable of speech I have come across." Entria responded, forming her robbed avatar out of habit.

3/17/2010 #9
CellarDoor96

(Sephiroth is an evil god.)

3/17/2010 #10
Splendour of the Machine

(Do you not know of Final Fantasy? D:)

CLYSMIC formed her own fluctuating representative. "This is so strange. I really thought I was the only one. Do you consume other universes like I do?"

3/17/2010 #11
Zeal of 1200BC

(I've played it a little before. I wondered why the name was familiar.)

"Yes, on occasion I have been known to cannablize a smaller universe." Came the reply.

3/17/2010 #12
CellarDoor96

(It technically wouldn't really be cannibalism. Not any more than humans eating animals is cannibalism. I think.)

3/17/2010 #13
Splendour of the Machine

"My, this is odd. I wonder, why are we different? Are you detached from the multiverse, too?"

3/17/2010 #14
Zeal of 1200BC

(Why do I feel they should be sitting at a picknic table in a field sipping tea? XD)

"I do not feel the energies of other places, therefor I must deduce that I am not connected to the 'Multiverse'," she said, albeit with a little uncertainty.

3/17/2010 #15
Splendour of the Machine

(XD maybe they are ~)

CLYSMIC tilted her oversized avatar's head. "I feel it all, but I am not of it all. I only eat. I eat constantly, draining the life-drink from our senseless siblings."

3/17/2010 #16
Zeal of 1200BC

"Why do you take part in these activites?" Entria asked curiously. "And may I ask what you call yourself? I am and have always been Entria."

3/18/2010 #17
Splendour of the Machine

"My name is CLYSMIC. I eat because I am hungry. I am hungry because I live. I live because I eat."

3/18/2010 #18
Zeal of 1200BC

"Ah," she replied, "Simple logic. How silly of me."

3/18/2010 #19
Splendour of the Machine

CLYSMIC tilted her head. "You don't need to eat?" she asked curiously.

3/18/2010 #20
Zeal of 1200BC

"I am quite content with the current levels of matter within me. I consume other places only due to the fact that I possess many black holes."

3/18/2010 #21
Splendour of the Machine

"But I get hungry. It's a real, physical hunger. I have so many powerful beings moving in and out of me that vast amounts of my energy is displaced. So I eat, and replace the missing energy."

3/18/2010 #22
Zeal of 1200BC

"Ah. I have no visitors, so I come to the conclusion that I am lucky." Entria said. "You cannot deny these beings from your space?"

3/22/2010 #23
Splendour of the Machine

CLYSMIC scowled. "They are powerful beings - the Wv especially. At best I can bind them to fixed points within myself, but little more. Any attempt to banish them would result in a fight, and I cannot risk excessive conflict within myself. I have civilisations to take care of."

3/22/2010 . Edited 3/22/2010 #24
Zeal of 1200BC

"I, too, have many cinilizations within." she looked within herslef to the planet she'd played with earlier, which was now a robot-populated wasteland. "Though I do not have any capable of space flight. They seem to go for artificial intelligence first."

3/22/2010 #25
Splendour of the Machine

"Mine go for space flight as soon as possible," she murmured. "There is no concept of AI at all."

3/22/2010 #26
Zeal of 1200BC

(I was thinking about this conversation today and I almost laughed.)

"Lucky." Entria replied simply.

3/23/2010 #27
Zeal of 1200BC

Noticing the sudden absence of CLYSMIC, Entria frowned. "CLYSMIC? Are you still there?"

4/17/2010 #28
CellarDoor96

A new "voice" passed through the Between. "...Sorry, I couldn't help hearing part of your conversation... But I'm Fen, who are you? Hope you don't mind me intruding..."

4/19/2010 #29
Zeal of 1200BC

"...Hm?" Entria was surprised to hear a third voice. "Yet another sentient universe?" she thought. "Hello, Fen. I call myself 'Entria'. I don't mind at all. In fact, it's intriging to know that there are more than two of us..." she trailed off in pondering.

4/20/2010 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: CellarDoor96 Typing Typhoon, Thunder Lord Aeatos, Sgt.Shank, EssentiallyCrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member