The Celestial Sandbox
In this RP, you can do anything you want, as long as you follow a few rules. The universe is a blank slate, and you have just been given the tools to make it more. Destroy it, help it, the choice is yours.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
CellarDoor96

Name: Balund

Type: Planet

Physical Description: Balund is a planet entirely covered with the trash of a long-forgotten spacefaring civilization. It was not their homeworld, and was instead more like their dumping ground. As such it is barely habitable except by the hardiest creatures, but its atmosphere is breatheable, though it is toxic after prolonged exposure. The garbage that covers the entire planet's surface can be useful if you can find what you want, and so a few nearby spacefarers make a living finding interesting things and selling them. Be warned, however, that much of the waste found here is radioactive and so some sort of protection is required.

Climate: Generally colder than Earth, but still habitable; however, its surface is constantly ravaged by harmful acid rain. And acid floods. And acid oceans.

Who Lives There?: The planet has no native life-forms. But such an abundance of resources means that a large variety of creatures make their home here, usually descended from things that were jettisoned with the trash. These creatures are all incredibly resilient due to their hostile home, and as such are very hard to kill. Extreme caution is recommended. Traders from various spacefaring civilizations can also sometimes be found here, scrounging for salvageable garbage.

Location: Near the ancient center of the Milky Way, but not quite in the center. It revolves around a red giant star.

4/12/2010 #1
Typing Typhoon

Zwank came to, he shook his disproportional noggin as if the simple motion would clear his foggy mind. It did no such thing. The odd bird creature shakily got to his feet. The first thing he noticed was the terrible lingering stench, the second, were the piles of junk. None of which looked very shiny.

This did nothing to deter Zwank, the exteriors of the mounds of filth would protect the inner items from the elements, so if he dug far enough he knew he would find something of interest. Something to keep him occupied until another shiny vessel returned to pick him up...

4/14/2010 #2
CellarDoor96

(You shouldn't post before I approve him. It's fine, just don't do it again.)

A piece of garbage that Zwank disturbed moved aside, revealing a small shiny object underneath it. This object was roughly ovaloid in shape, with a smooth, gray surface. It was only maybe an inch long.

It suddenly turned over, revealing was appeared to be two large, bulbous, black eyes. They stared at Zwank. After a moment, a pair of wings sprouted from the thing's back, and it rose into the air. It was only able to hover for a split second, however, before falling back into the garbage again. One of its wings was chipped.

4/14/2010 #3
Typing Typhoon

(I apologize, I thought you had already approved him when you told me what to edit. FAIL on my part.) :)

SHINY! Zwank lowered his head until it was at eye level with the machine. "Hmm, judging by the exterior coloring and texture, it is probably compised of some sort of alien alloy." Zwank mused, eyeing Nomin interestedly. "I likes it!" Zwank squawked erratically, without a second thought he shouldered off his precariously perched pack and scooped up the robot with a talon.

4/14/2010 #4
CellarDoor96

(It's not a robot, it just happens to be made of metal.)

The thing immediately split open, shooting out several thin, clear threads from inside itself. Their ends latched onto Zwank's neck and head, then began to burrow into his skin.

(Note that due to alterations I made to Nomin's bio, he is able to control his host's body. But after he makes sure that he isn't in mortal danger anymore he'll pretty much let Zwank do what he wants.)

4/14/2010 #5
Typing Typhoon

(GODMODDING! Godmodding! Sure, no prob.) :)

Zwank squealed as the shiny thing attached itself to his head. Zwank noted that he had just lost control of his body.

Bad shiny thing! He sqawked inwardly, unable to move.

4/14/2010 #6
CellarDoor96

(...It didn't fully penetrate yet. He can still do something like, I dunno, rip it out.)

4/14/2010 #7
Typing Typhoon

(I did not know that... Apperantly, neither does Zwank. Feel free to proceed.)

4/14/2010 #8
CellarDoor96

(...)

A voice spoke in Zwank's head. "Y-yes, finally... Food... I was starving..."

4/14/2010 #9
Typing Typhoon

"Shiny? What are doing on my head?" Zwank squawked, his fear replaced with intrest.

4/14/2010 #10
CellarDoor96

(I'm going to assume that he reeled himself in and is now, in fact, on Zwank's head, even though I never said that. XD)

"What is 'shiny'? Who are you...?" The voice in Zwank's head sounded slightly frightened.

4/14/2010 #11
Typing Typhoon

[The thing immediately split open, shooting out several thin, clear threads from inside itself. Their ends latched onto Zwank's neck and head, then began to burrow into his skin.] (Hmmm, I assumed it was instantanious.)

"Why you are 'Shiny' and I am Zwank. What are you doing on my head?" Zwank asked, rolling his eyes into the back of his skull in an attempt to see the creature.

4/14/2010 . Edited 4/14/2010 #12
CellarDoor96

("Began". :D)

"No, I am Nomin. You are... you are my food. But I won't hurt you, so don't worry..."

4/14/2010 #13
Typing Typhoon

(:p)

"Nomin? You are indeed shiny! Now, how do you eat me without hurting me? That is most peculiar, Shiny." Zwank asked squeakily, his eyes darting back to the front of his skull.

4/14/2010 #14
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Something else shiny would likely catch Zwank's eye. This shiny thing was airborne, and rapidly growing in size. Either that, or it was coming right at him.

4/14/2010 #15
CellarDoor96

"I'm happy right here like this. You are Zwank, right?" Nomin asked cautiously.

4/14/2010 #16
Typing Typhoon

"I am Zwank indeed! For I have made that clear. Now will you anwer my previous question? It is impolite to ignore inquiry." Zwank stated, rolling his eyes back into his skull, as if his could see Nomin through his head. This was apparently a mistake, as a second shiny object homed in on him.

4/14/2010 #17
Thunder Lord Aeatos

The shiny object was quite large now, following which it flew over his head, creating quite a wind as it did so.

4/14/2010 #18
CellarDoor96

"I... don't really know the answer..." Nomin jerked Zwank's head up, seeing something fly over them. "We should move, don't want to be nearby when that hits!" He then paused. "...I don't really know how this works, so... could you do it for me?" he asked sheepishly. Zwank would feel control of his body returning.

4/14/2010 #19
Thunder Lord Aeatos

He needn't have worried; the thing came to a complete halt in midair a short distance away, then touched down lightly.

4/14/2010 #20
Typing Typhoon

"Shiny!" Zwank shouted, making a bee line toward the odd once flying creature.

4/14/2010 . Edited 4/14/2010 #21
Thunder Lord Aeatos

When he got closer, he could see that it was some kind of spacecraft; something unintelligible was printed on the side.

A spot on it hissed open, releasing a cloud of foul-smelling black smoke.

4/14/2010 #22
Typing Typhoon

Zwank stopped mere yard away from the ship. He sneezed involuntarily as the fumes passed overhead. "Hmm, another spaceship. For a planetary wasteland it sure contracts a lot of visitors. Shiny!" Zwank squawked. He wondered what sort of interesting creature was inside. Maybe it has shiny things it would share with him.

4/14/2010 #23
Thunder Lord Aeatos

He didn't have to wait long.

Something sea-green and a foot long exited the craft, trailing small wisps of black smoke. It stopped, examined the pair for a moment, then stood up on its hind legs and said something in an unintelligible language.

4/14/2010 #24
Typing Typhoon

Zwank looked from the ship to the dragon, it didn't seem to speak English. He wouldn't aquire anything shiny that way. Maybe he could find its native language.

"Lo siento, no comprende Espaniol? No verstehen Deutsch? No comprenez Francais?" Zwank said, rattling off different languages. He hoped it didn't answer to the middle one, he didn't how to say 'shiny' in German...

4/14/2010 #25
CellarDoor96

"No, get away!" Nomin cried. All of his instincts told him that the creature which had just come out of the ship was dangerous in some way. However, for whatever reason, he couldn't overpower Zwank's desire for shiny things.

With a crashing noise, something large came suddenly sliding down the side of a nearby hill of trash. It was a reptile-like creature, much bigger than any of the others there, with a tail and four limbs and covered in dirt-encrusted scales.

It slid to a stop at the bottom of the hill, panting. It lifted its head and gave a cursory glance at the three, then looked back and gave a growl. Apparently it was more worried about something behind it than the three it had just stumbled on.

(I shall overcome the language barrier shortly. :P Maybe.)

4/15/2010 #26
Thunder Lord Aeatos

The smaller creature looked at Zwank curiously. "Oui, je parle fran├žais.... How about English?"

4/15/2010 #27
Typing Typhoon

(Bon, laisse completer da' jeu entrez Francias) :D

(Cel- Faillent/Versagen/Fallar) XD

Zwank cocked his head to the side. How convient!

"English is preferable. Do you have shiny?" Zwank asked, taking several steps closer. He took no notice at Nomin's shock. He was too interested in the potential of obtaining something shiny. Despite Nomin's pleas Zwank was still completely oblivious of the monster behind him.

(So, the reptillian monsters... where do they come from? I'll address em' next post. I'm having to much fun putting all of my useless language courses to use.)

4/15/2010 . Edited 4/15/2010 #28
CellarDoor96

(The one that just showed up is Aal. In a second another monster will appear, one less friendly.)

A hissing noise came from a short distance away, just over the hill the reptilian creature had come over. Following the hiss came a succession of rapid c*** noises, which sounded like they were coming closer.

The large creature swept its gaze across the group, then started to lumber through their midst. It did not seem to particularly mind that they were there.

Nomin watched the creature through Zwank's eyes. "...We should get out of here..."

(I think I'll give Aal telepathy or something, and just pass it off as genetic modifications or whatever. XD Really, you could find almost everything here.)

4/15/2010 . Edited 4/15/2010 #29
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Ssh!" The small creature said. "Something's coming...." It whispered.

4/15/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: CellarDoor96 Typing Typhoon, Thunder Lord Aeatos, Sgt.Shank, EssentiallyCrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member