The Celestial Sandbox
In this RP, you can do anything you want, as long as you follow a few rules. The universe is a blank slate, and you have just been given the tools to make it more. Destroy it, help it, the choice is yours.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Typing Typhoon

Zwank jumped around and sank into the ground, observing the monster from behind a small mound of waste.

What a peculiar creature. Maybe it has something shiny as well...

4/15/2010 #31
Thunder Lord Aeatos

The small creature looked around, then dove for cover herself.

4/16/2010 #32
CellarDoor96

The big creature stopped and looked at them. Then it spoke telepathically. "You'd better get out of here, neither of you look stronger than a toothpick, let alone that damn thing behind me. How the hell have you survived this long?"

Even as the voice finished speaking, a giant creature appeared over the top of the hill. It was black and spider-like, with ten limbs that ended in spiked tips, and a gaping mouth surrounded on all sides by massive mandibles. It was over twice as large as even the other creature.

It blinked with its many eyes, and then launched itself at the reptilian creature. It started stabbing and slashing with its limbs, biting savagely with its mouth. The other creature lowered its head to protect its face and tried to swat at the arachnid with its tail, but was otherwise unable to counter. Luckily its hard scales protected it, for the moment. Dark blood was starting to leak from between a few of them.

4/16/2010 . Edited 4/16/2010 #33
Typing Typhoon

"Oh no! The psychic reptile thing is in danger! Come on, shiny! We have the advantage in numbers! We can take it down!" Zwank chirped ignorantly. He hopped up back onto his feet and made a fifty mile per hour beeline toward the arachnid.

(Mwahahaha! Fear me and my terrible follow posts! Though feel free to reply as you wish...)

4/16/2010 #34
CellarDoor96

"Wah, no!" Nom screamed, but he could not stop Zwank. In panic he withdrew from the connection with Zwank, retracting the threads, and then fell to the ground.

The spider-like creature was distracted as it spotted Zwank heading toward it. It judged him to be an easier meal than the scale-covered reptile it was currently attacking, and so it launched itself at him.

"Idiot!" the reptile growled, giving a desperate swing with its tail. The tail collided with the arachnid, batting it out of the air with a thud. It was stunned for the moment.

4/16/2010 #35
Typing Typhoon

(I dunno why I found this post hard to respond to...)

"AAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!" Zwank shouted, slamming clear into the broad side of the creature, with a soft thump...

4/16/2010 #36
CellarDoor96

(...Which creature?)

(And I was kinda intending for Zwank to finish it off, since Aal has to turn around and it'll be back on its feet before that happens.)

4/16/2010 #37
Thunder Lord Aeatos

The little reptilian thing popped up again. "I'll help!" She called, jumping up into the air and flying towards the gigantic spider thing, spewing a stream of flames from her mouth.

Which, of course, did almost nothing since the jet was hardly larger than your average hairspray fire.

4/16/2010 #38
Typing Typhoon

Zwank hopped up on the monster and tore at its underbelly with his talons and beak.

"You are a mean sir, indeed! Maybe this will put you in your place! SHINY!" Zwank squawked, repeatedly jamming his beak into the monster's abdomen.

(You can finish it off Aetos, lest Cel just wants it to die like it is.)

4/16/2010 #39
CellarDoor96

The creature struggled against Zwank and opened its mouth to release a piercing scream. As it did so, however, the flames from the dragon reached inside of said mouth, searing its insides. Within moments the arachnid monster was reduced to a singed husk.

The large reptile creature turned and saw the aftermath, with Zwank standing on top of the dead monster. It blinked up at him, eyes wide. "...I'm Aal," it finally said. "I want to have your children."

(XD Aal doesn't beat around the bush... And so you know, killing something like that so quickly makes you a prime choice for a mate. Evolution and survival of the fittest and all that. *shot*)

4/16/2010 #40
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Well, I'd normally protest that I got paid no mind for helping, but in this instance...." The small reptile creature trailed off. "Hi. I'm Etherik."

4/16/2010 #41
Typing Typhoon

Zwank blinked.

Awkward moment...

"I'm Zwank, erm... I'm a collector of fine space goods. Have seen any shiny things?" Zwank asked akwardly; just then, he noticed Nomin lying on the ground.

(*Laughs and loads a second round* I can't imagine how the reproductive mechanics would work between the two them. My characters don't really do love intrests though.)

4/16/2010 #42
CellarDoor96

(Mine often do, though not always. :P Aal is one of those who does not. At least, she doesn't get attached to people...)

Aal glanced at Etherik, but paid no attention otherwise. To Zwank, she said, "Um... a lot of things are shiny around here. Why do you want to know?"

(Aal doesn't do that "courtesy" thing. XD)

(Also, anyone can pick up Nomin who wants to get their brain slowly eaten. *shot*)

4/16/2010 . Edited 4/16/2010 #43
Typing Typhoon

(*Face palms*)

"I love shiny things! I collect them!" Zwank chirped, his pulse quickened at the mere mention of shiny.

He plodded over to Nomin, peering at him with wide bright orange eyes.

"Are you okay, my small, shiny friend?"

4/16/2010 #44
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Etherik started rummaging through a junk pile, tossing things over her shoulder, nearly hitting either Aal or Zwank several times.

4/16/2010 #45
CellarDoor96

Nomin opened up again and launched his fibers at Zwank, penetrating into his brain once again. He settled himself onto the back of Zwank's head again. "Yes, fine..." he muttered, still sounding a bit frightened.

Aal ignored Etherik as a few of the things that were thrown bounced off of her hard shell, until one of them hit a scale that had blood leaking from underneath it. She winced and growled, turning to face Etherik. "Just what the hell are you doing?"

4/16/2010 #46
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Finding something that might be salvageable, I need to replace my superluminal booster." Etherik said dryly, without turning around. "Finally decided to pay attention to me, have you?

4/16/2010 #47
Typing Typhoon

"Good, I think you look good on my head, shiny." Zwank commented, before waddling over to Aal and Etherik.

4/16/2010 #48
CellarDoor96

"I had no reason to pay attention to you until you hit me with... whatever the hell that was," Aal growled. "You're lucky I'm tired out from fighting that damn thing all damn day, otherwise I'd rip you apart."

Nom watched this exchange with some concern. "...Should we interfere, Zwank...?"

4/16/2010 #49
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Oh, nevermind the fact that it was ME WHO BOILED ITS INNARDS." Etherik said sarcastically. "Go back to your magpie boyfriend, and RAEDEN DAMN IT WHERE ARE MY SMOKES?!"

4/16/2010 #50
CellarDoor96

Aal snorted. "I never saw you do that," she muttered fiercely, although she backed down. Lying down on the carpet of trash, she stretched out, wincing as more blood trickled from a few of her wounds. "Anyway, I can't go any further without a rest, so I guess I'm going to die now... Damn spider things. Hate them so much..."

4/16/2010 #51
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Oh, shut up and stop complaining." Etherik said. "I have medical supplies. I may be a bit unorthodox at times, but I'm not stupid enough to go out on an expedition without being prepared."

4/16/2010 #52
CellarDoor96

"And I don't suppose you'd like to share these 'medical supplies'?" Aal snapped. "You owe me for saving you from that monster, after all."

4/16/2010 #53
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"You saved ME?" Etherik asked. "I'm not sure if I want to now, I WAS going to...."

4/16/2010 #54
CellarDoor96

"Duh, if I hadn't hit it with my tail you would never have been able to kill the thing. After it finished with me, it would have moved on to you and killed you easily." Aal shifted uncomfortably. "Now, where are those damn 'medical supplies'? I could use them right about now."

4/16/2010 #55
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"I could've killed it." Etherik replied. "Again, you assume that I can't take care of myself?" She produced a small (to Aal, to Etherik it was perfectly sized) sidearm. "They're in my ship. Gimme a reason why I should let you have them."

4/16/2010 #56
CellarDoor96

Aal glared. "Here's one reason: I saved your damn life, whether you like it or not. And here's another reason." She lifted her tail and then slammed it down, creating a loud crunch sound as it compacted the metal implements underneath it. "I'm imagining you were in the way right then. Is that a good enough reason?"

4/16/2010 #57
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Etherik snorted, letting off a small cloud of smoke, but walked to her ship and threw out a small first aid kit. "There you go. If you want HELP with those, I'd start by being a little nicer."

4/16/2010 #58
CellarDoor96

Aal looked at the small kit disdainfully. "...That's it? And here you had me thinking you might be able to help me..." She looked up at Etherik and grunted. "I am being nice. If I weren't, you'd be dead or at least crippled by now."

4/16/2010 #59
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Says the injured one." Etherik retorted. "Lemme find my damn smokes, and I might give you a hand then."

4/16/2010 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: CellarDoor96 Typing Typhoon, Thunder Lord Aeatos, Sgt.Shank, EssentiallyCrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member