The Celestial Sandbox
In this RP, you can do anything you want, as long as you follow a few rules. The universe is a blank slate, and you have just been given the tools to make it more. Destroy it, help it, the choice is yours.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Taihus

The incoming ship managed to turn the uncontrolled plunge into a glide, and actually managed to come to a brief halt in midair before hitting the ground with a crash near the junk heap. A small hatch on the side popped open and Marcus emerged, wearing a helmet and a rebreather device. He landed on the ground, and stretched. "Finally! Real gravity and some fresh...relatively so...air!" A drop of rain hit his helmet and fizzed. Marcus looked up. "Oh, crap."

4/17/2010 #91
Typing Typhoon

(*Face Plam* Funny, Taihus.)

Satisfied, Zwank sat down and wrapped his long neck around his body.

He would sleep until the acid rain was over, then he would go out and search for shiny things.

4/17/2010 #92
CellarDoor96

Nomin stayed alert while Zwank slept, ready to get him out of there if anything threatened.

Aal whipped her tail around and knocked Etherik backward. "Not this wildlife, you don't! You're damn lucky you met me first, most other things would eat you on sight. And so will whatever the hell is back there, if you go too close!"

4/17/2010 #93
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"For the LAST. TIME." Etherik said, no longer quiet. "LET. ME. HANDLE. IT."

4/17/2010 #94
CellarDoor96

A faint rustling sound came from the dark depths, accompanied by what sounded dimly like a squeak. Aal glanced into the darkness, eyes wide. "Everyone, get the hell out now," she said, no longer even paying attention to Etherik. She turned and kicked at Zwank to wake him up. "Do you hear me? Now!"

4/17/2010 #95
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Etherik jumped into the air and grabbed onto the cave ceiling. "What is it?" She asked.

4/17/2010 #96
CellarDoor96

"Peelers," Aal growled. "They're called that for a reason. Now we have to go, even being out in the rain is safer than being in here with them."

(Again, we ought to wait for Typhoon. :P)

4/17/2010 #97
Typing Typhoon

Zwank emmited an odd chirping sound as he was punted from his sleep.

He heard the noise shuddered.

"What is that?" Zwank muttered, gesturing toward the source of the noise.

4/17/2010 #98
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Etherik scowled. "Fine." She mumbled. "Let me set up my equipment, at least, so the opportunity isn't totally wasted."

4/17/2010 #99
CellarDoor96

"Sorry," Aal muttered to Zwank in apology for waking him so rudely. "They're what I call peelers, and they're deadly. We've gotta get out of here, understand?" She turned and started to move out of the shelter.

Outside, the rain was starting to come down a bit faster.

4/17/2010 #100
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Etherik hurriedly set up some recording equipment, then ran out of the cave, holding a small tarp-like thing over her head; it proved resilient (not invulnerable to, just resilient) to the acid rain.

4/17/2010 #101
Typing Typhoon

Zwank stood at the mouth of the cave and stared out after Etherick, how would he be able to escape the cave without being killed in the downpour? Any ideas, shiny?

4/19/2010 #102
CellarDoor96

Nomin looked around with his huge eyes. "...There, that metal thing," he finally said, pointing Zwank's head at the sheet which had covered the shelter entrance. "Can you hold it over your head?"

4/19/2010 #103
Typing Typhoon

(Good idea Cel, now which hand should I use?...) XD

Zwank looked down at the plate critically. "Lemm'e see..."

He lowered his head to the ground and shoved his muzzle-like beak beneather the plate. He drove himself under it until he was completely beneath the plate. He very slowly got to his feet, balancing the makeshift shield on his back.

"Ahah!" Zwank squawked triumphantly, waddling out of the cave.

4/19/2010 #104
CellarDoor96

( :D )

Aal winced a bit as the raindrops hit her scales, but they just stung and didn't really do much damage. At least, not yet. She started off across the wasteland as quickly as she could, searching her brain for another shelter. "Dammit, dammit, this isn't good," she muttered.

Behind them, the squeaking and other noises receded back into the depths of the shelter.

"...The peelers went back to sleep..." Nomin observed with a measure of relief.

4/19/2010 #105
Typing Typhoon

Zwank waddled along with the rest of them beneath the heavy plate, his bowed neck scrunched up to support the weight. A chorus of small tumps echoed off the top of his shield as the acid rain continued to pour.

"Where are we going now? Will there be shiny things of interest there?" Zwank squawked through the downpour.

4/19/2010 #106
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"I'm following the big lady!" Etherik said. "Since she knows so much..." This part was muttered sarcastically.

4/19/2010 #107
CellarDoor96

Aal ignored Etherik's comment, instead continuing to think of options. Finally, she looked up ahead and noticed something. "Ah ha, here we are... I recognize this place. There's another shelter near here, and I think that only I know about it. Come on."

Soon she stopped, seemingly at random, and began to paw at the ground. "Should be around here somewhere..." After a bit of searching, she uncovered what seemed to be an old, rusted door set into the ground. She cleared the garbage from it and then attempted unsuccessfully to nudge it open.

Glancing back at Etherik, Aal reluctantly asked, "Hey, lizard girl, you seem to be good at stuff like this, so could I get you to help me with this damn door?"

4/19/2010 #108
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Etherik shrugged. "Sure." She said.

4/19/2010 #109
CellarDoor96

Aal took a step back from the door. "Stand under me, I'll block the rain while you get it open," she grunted.

4/19/2010 #110
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Etherik nodded and got underneath her, pulling on the door.

4/19/2010 #111
Typing Typhoon

Zwank waited behind the two of them patiently, though the plate was now getting really heavy...

4/19/2010 #112
CellarDoor96

The heavy door creaked open, then its hinges immediately gave way and it crashed down into the hole it had once covered.

"Get inside," Aal said, as she started down into the hole. There was not a drop, but there was a steep incline that led deeper into the ground...

(My last post, see ya.)

4/19/2010 #113
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( See ya. I'll be here until 3AM, I gotta gets me a Lutari..... YES I AM STILL INTO NEOPETS. SUE ME. ))

Etherik hurried inside, eager to get out of the rain.

4/19/2010 #114
Typing Typhoon

(Sounds good to me. *Hands out court summons*)

Zwank hefted the heavy plate off his shoulders, where it fell to the ground with a heavy thump. He winced as he jerkily straighted his cramped neck.

4/19/2010 #115
CellarDoor96

(Neopets is cool. XD I don't play it anymore, but that's mostly because I just sucked at it... *eaten*)

Inside was a smallish cavern, which was littered liberally with garbage. Once they were all inside and away from the now-open entranceway, Aal's legs gave way, and she collapsed onto the ground. "I'm too tired to move anymore, haven't slept for... three, four days? Anyway, don't wake me up, no matter what, because honestly I'm too exhausted to care if I die..." She closed her eyes and was asleep almost instantly.

4/20/2010 #116
Typing Typhoon

Zwank looked down at Aal, he then looked to and fro in the cavern.

"Since we're here, I think I gonna search for something shiny." He mentioned to Emerick. With that, he pressed the metal plate up against the entrace and started his search in the small cave. As a collector, perseverance was the key. He knew he would find something if he continued to hunt for it.

4/20/2010 #117
CellarDoor96

Near the far end of the cave, there was in fact something shiny, half-stuck in the ground.

However, it was right next to the sleeping Aal. It would be difficult for Zwank to get it out without waking her up...

( :D )

4/20/2010 #118
Typing Typhoon

(Oh teh noes! You fiend! D:)

Zwank looked at the magical, spectacular, if edible, succulent shiny object. Which was right next to the large grumpy sleeping reptillian thing. Zwank shuffled his feet sheepishly, was it worth it, or should he wait? SHINY! SO SHINY! But I can't dig it up next to Aal. What do I do? He squawked frantically. He started pacing back and forth erratically, beads of sweat rapidly forming on his head.

4/20/2010 #119
CellarDoor96

"...Just wait until she wakes up, then get it," Nomin suggested. "We won't be moving until then, anyway..."

4/20/2010 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: CellarDoor96 Typing Typhoon, Thunder Lord Aeatos, Sgt.Shank, EssentiallyCrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member