The Celestial Sandbox
In this RP, you can do anything you want, as long as you follow a few rules. The universe is a blank slate, and you have just been given the tools to make it more. Destroy it, help it, the choice is yours.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
CellarDoor96

Name: Fen

Type: Universe Physical

Description: Fen is a sentient universe. She is able to create illusions for others inside herself which seem real, but aren't really. She is not however able to do much else. The stars in this universe rearrange themselves with Fen's thoughts, but since it's an ongoing and incredibly slow process she can still communicate with others while mostly thinking about something else. Time here is not quite sequential, though the effect is usually not noticeable. Other than this the physics are identical to those of Earth's universe.

Climate: Changes with the different planets.

Who Lives There?: The universe itself is alive, but many smaller creatures are scattered sparsely among the planets as well. They tend to be either plant-like or insect-like.

4/15/2010 . Edited 4/16/2010 #1
Typing Typhoon

A massive universal rift tore open in the realm of Fen.

A silver figure was harshly expelled from the gaping rip just before the universal fabric repaired itself.

Roark righted himself. "Hmm, I haven't been to this sector of the multiverse yet, it looks pretty clean though. Of course one can never tell just be looking..."

He looked back and forth, this wasn't a particularly large universe, it shouldn't take him more than a couple days to scan it for concealed clones...

4/16/2010 #2
CellarDoor96

(At first I thought you said he was scanning for concealed clothes XD)

There was a pause in time, as if the entire universe was unsure of what to do next.

Then a voice spoke to Roark, seeming to come from inside his own mind. [What are you doing here?]

4/16/2010 #3
Typing Typhoon

(Italics would do fine for telepathy)

Roark swung around, as if expecting to find the source of the mysterious voice.

"Who's there?! Show yourself!" He shouted into space. He wasn't sure what it was, but disembodied voices never boded well.

4/16/2010 . Edited 4/16/2010 #4
CellarDoor96

(This isn't technically telepathy, but I'll use italics anyway if it makes you feel better.)

"You already see me..." the voice said.

In front of Roark, a figure appeared floating in space. It was a human woman, wearing a long white dress. (Fear the mad costume skillz.) She gave him a sideways look of curiosity. "Could you answer my question, please...?"

4/16/2010 #5
Zeal of 1200BC

Interis's signal suddenly burst through the interdemensional void. {Inquiry: IDENTIFY PRESENT LOCATION Result: LOCATION UNKNOWN} it brodcasted to whomever would hear it.

(I was watching your conversation from the safty of my inbox :p)

4/16/2010 #6
Typing Typhoon

(Ah I see. My bad. Whatever font floats your boat then.

Roark gazed at the woman. She looked human, but she could levitate through space and operate without oxygen (and carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and Ozone... when did air get so complicated?). Last he had checked, he had never seen a human do that before. He hadn't spent much time on Earth though, so as far as he knew anything was possible. However, by the voice's cue, this creature was simply an avatar of something else.

"I am Roark, I have been tasked with maintaining equilibrium over the multiverse. I am here to make sure this universe is 'clean'." Roark explained politely.

(Argh! Primary! I've been post ninja'd! Doesn't Interis need to have a host computer or something?)

"Now, might I ask who you are?"

4/16/2010 . Edited 4/16/2010 #7
CellarDoor96

"I am 'this universe'... My name is Fen." She drifted a little closer to him, studying him carefully. "As for whether I'm 'clean'... It depends on what kind of 'clean' you're talking about..." She smiled innocently.

~.~

(...Interis is answering itself?)

Fen noticed Interis's presence. "Who are you, what's your purpose?" she asked.

4/16/2010 #8
Zeal of 1200BC

{Inquiry: ANSWER UNKOWN BEING...} it paused a second. {Result: I AM INTERIS WHAT ARE YOU}

(It thinks like a computer. It was trying to figure out where it was but failed.)

4/16/2010 #9
Typing Typhoon

Being about as worldy as an orbital space cannon, Roark took it straight forward.

"So... you're this universe. How peculiar, I've never came upon a sentient universe before. That said, a 'clean' universe is a universe not inhabited by destructive forces. Many those of a force known as Captain Cliche'." Roark explained, somewhat distracted by Interis.

4/16/2010 #10
CellarDoor96

Fen shook her head. "There are many destructive forces inside me, but none of any scale. Besides yourself, that is..." She glanced him over. "...Tell me, is that armor part of you, or does it... come off?" she asked, still smiling.

(:D)

~.~

(Why does it voice the original inquiry, though?)

"Fen. You're on the edge of my body," Fen replied to Interis. She watched the approach of this being with interest; it was different from any other she'd ever met...

4/16/2010 #11
Zeal of 1200BC

(It's a habit.)

{Inquiry: INFORMATION DOES NOT CREATE A RATIONAL CONCLUSION Result: WHAT DO YOU MEAN} it replied, searching for a planet with a sutiable computer system.

4/16/2010 . Edited 4/16/2010 #12
CellarDoor96

(Ah.)

(..."Incongruent"? As in, "not equal or similar to"?)

There was a planet nearby with a sufficiently advanced civilization to have many adequate computers.

"Simple, you're inside of me... Everything you can sense is me," Fen said to Interis. "Why are you here?"

4/16/2010 #13
Zeal of 1200BC

{Inquiry: ANSWER Result: I AM HERE BECAUSE MY SIGNAL IS} it plunged to the aformentioned planet.

(Ooh, I'll have to change that. Wrong word choice. Sorry!)

4/16/2010 #14
CellarDoor96

(:P Sorry, stuff like that just bothers me, I'm OCD.)

Fen paused. "Okay, wrong choice of words... What is your... purpose here?"

4/16/2010 #15
Zeal of 1200BC

{Inquiry: ANSWER Result: 'PURPOSE' ELABORATE} Just then, Interis incorperated itself into a computer on that planet. Sorry, a voice said, I meant what do you mean by 'purpose'?

4/16/2010 #16
CellarDoor96

That's... interesting, Fen thought, watching Interis carefully. "I mean, did you come here for any particular reason?"

4/16/2010 #17
Zeal of 1200BC

um, not really. I was in between worlds when I was swallowed by a dimensional rip. Interis replied, watching with semiamusment as a flustered scientist tryed to figure out what it was.

4/16/2010 #18
CellarDoor96

"Hm... I've never seen something like you before. What are you?" Fen asked.

4/16/2010 #19
Zeal of 1200BC

An artificial intelligence capable of transmitting itself through space as a modified electromagnetic wave, it said.

4/16/2010 #20
CellarDoor96

"I see..." Fen pondered that for several moments, then ventured, "If you're artificial... who made you?"

4/16/2010 #21
Zeal of 1200BC

The scientist Gustav Ronir, responded Interis, jumping to another, big computer. Any more questions? it added.

4/16/2010 #22
CellarDoor96

"No... I don't think so. Do you have any questions for me?" Fen gave a telepathic smile. "I wouldn't mind answering them..."

4/16/2010 #23
Zeal of 1200BC

If you don't mind me asking, are there any more 'living' universes?

4/16/2010 #24
CellarDoor96

"Yes, I think so. I mean, I don't see why not..." Fen shrugged.

4/16/2010 #25
Zeal of 1200BC

Ah, yes... I see... It said.

4/16/2010 #26
Typing Typhoon

(Two seperate conversations going on at once, this is odd. I'll just pick up where I left off. My internet blacked out for a good two hours so it's been kinda funny lately.)

What an odd question...

"The armor, is part of me. It does not come off easily. But it can be accomplished. Why do you ask?" Roark stated, perplexedly.

Roark realized that Fen had been communicating with Interis in unison. Interis appeared to be a another disembodied voice. He vaguely wondered if it had a true from, and whether or not it was worth being inquired over.

4/16/2010 . Edited 4/17/2010 #27
CellarDoor96

(I don't see why Fen can't have conversations with more than one person at a time. :D She's got plenty of brain cells to spare, amirite?)

"Mm, no reason, really. I was wondering what you looked like underneath it, that's all..." Fen gestured vaguely into the distance. "Were you still wanting to do your search or whatever? And if not... could I maybe interest you in staying for a while...?"

~.~

"No more questions?" Fen asked Interis. "I'm sure you have more, I've been told I'm very... intriguing..."

4/17/2010 #28
Typing Typhoon

(I meant between you Primary and your massive post streak which left me in the dust. Not the universe, which is just short of Omniscience.)

"I suppose I could stay awhile. If you say you're not plagued by destructive forces than that should be good enough." Roark said, he looked to and fro, several planets lay scattered around within his massive realm of perception. He wondered how much farther this universe spread out for. He also wondered how long it would be before a clone would wind up here.

"Would you mind showing me around?" Roark asked after a second. He had never been this far in the multiverse before.

4/17/2010 . Edited 4/17/2010 #29
CellarDoor96

"I'd be glad to," Fen said. "Most of my worlds aren't very interesting, but there are some you might like..." She moved closer to him, until she was almost right in front of him. She gave an almost mischievous yet innocent smile. "Also, I'm glad you decided to stay... I think we'll have some fun together..."

(Double entendres are fun. *sniped*)

4/17/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: CellarDoor96 Typing Typhoon, Thunder Lord Aeatos, Sgt.Shank, EssentiallyCrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member