The Celestial Sandbox
In this RP, you can do anything you want, as long as you follow a few rules. The universe is a blank slate, and you have just been given the tools to make it more. Destroy it, help it, the choice is yours.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Let me guess." Etherik said. "Acidic rain?"

8/15/2010 #91
CellarDoor96

"No," Aal said, voice dripping with sarcasm. "Here on this dump it rains love and damn sunshine."

8/15/2010 #92
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"It was a serious question." Etherik replied. "I'm new here, in case you didn't know."

8/15/2010 #93
Near-sighted Jedi

"Same here" Kivo replied, "I don't want to get doused in acid rain either! I prefer my flesh and fur attached and living."

8/15/2010 #94
CellarDoor96

Aal looked at Etherik blankly. "...New here? It's the same everywhere, isn't it?"

8/15/2010 #95
Near-sighted Jedi

Kivo gave Aal a similarly blank look. "Beyond this planet is a vast expanse of airless vacuum, called outer space" Kivo explained, "There billions upon billions of stars, and around many of those stars are planets that can support life."

8/15/2010 #96
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"No." Etherik replied, pointing out at the sky. "There's a whole lot of places beyond the sky. Most of them aren't like this place at all."

8/15/2010 #97
CellarDoor96

Aal continued to stare. "...The hell are you two talking about? Stars are just dots of light that come out in the sky at night. There's nothing past the sky. If there was, I'd be able to see it."

8/15/2010 #98
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Etherik shook her head. "Tell me; when something is very far away, can you see it very well?"

8/15/2010 #99
CellarDoor96

"The hell should I know? I've never seen something very far away."

8/15/2010 #100
Near-sighted Jedi

"Tell you what. How about when, and if, my ship is fixed to flightworthy condition, I take you for a ride up into space?" Kivo added, "I'll prove to you that outer space is there."

8/15/2010 #101
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Etherik shrugged. "So you can't see far away things from here?" She asked. "Because the other places are very, VERY far away."

8/15/2010 #102
Near-sighted Jedi

"To say the very least" Kivo added, "To get from one side of the galaxy to the other requires a machine called a hyperdrive. It allows the ship to enter hyperspace and move faster than light. A trip will take only weeks at the most, as opposed to forty-thousand years."

8/15/2010 #103
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Etherik rolled her eyes. "What are you, a caveman?" She asked. "A subspace drive, like the one on my ship, can make the trip in MINUTES."

8/15/2010 #104
CellarDoor96

Aal just shook her head and grunted. "Again, I have no idea what either of you is talking about..."

8/15/2010 #105
Near-sighted Jedi

"Complicated stuff" Kivo said, "You've never left this planet, so I understand that it makes no sense to you." he turned to Etherik and replied, "We're in a cave, I'm male, so technically yes, I am a caveman. Guess that makes you a cavelizard. Oonga boonga oh scaly one."

8/15/2010 #106
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Look, just trust me when I say that there are other places out there." Etherik replied. "My sister, sadly, knows that all too well, and she's damn determined to raid every single one of them."

8/15/2010 #107
Near-sighted Jedi

"Well if we see her then we arrest her, right?" Kivo asked, "Pirates, raiders, criminals, they should all be tossed in jail or shot. Especially the ones that attacked my home. They've tormented my people for centuries."

8/15/2010 #108
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Yeah, you try and arrest her." Etherik replied. "A single one of her ship's GUNS is bigger than my ENTIRE vehicle."

8/15/2010 #109
Near-sighted Jedi

"So we have nothing to worry about" Kivo replied, "A gun that small might leave a scorch mark on the hull."

8/15/2010 #110
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Oh, yeah, you tell yourself that." Etherik replied. "And tell it to the fifty or so weapon emplacements that would all be trained on your head, integrated shields, a hull that self repairs, and eighty-one military-trained elite mercenaries who would blow you into atoms in a second if they thought you had anything of value."

8/15/2010 #111
Near-sighted Jedi

"Ok, so we do have something to worry about then" Kivo said, "Lucky for me, I have nothing of value. If I did though, why would they b*** up, and not simply capture me?"

8/15/2010 #112
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"They might." Etherik replied. "If they thought you were worth anything to someone else. Otherwise it's just mug, steal, and leave."

8/15/2010 #113
Near-sighted Jedi

Kivo shivered and wished he hadn't been forced to put out the fire. He had forgotten his blanket back at the ship and the temperature had dropped considerably once night fell.

8/15/2010 . Edited 8/15/2010 #114
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Anyways..." Etherik continued. "I don't think I could just hand over my own sister, bad as she is..."

8/16/2010 #115
Near-sighted Jedi

"So you'd just let her rampage around the galaxy killing people?" Kivo replied, "I sure wouldn't."

8/16/2010 #116
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"She rules one of the most feared raiding organizations in the galaxy." Etherik replied. "She has access to advanced technology the likes of which even my people aren't currently capable of reproducing, she has hundreds of loyal subordinates who wouldn't take kindly to seeing their substantial paychecks disappear, not to mention she personally is a former soldier and has seen her fair share of combat. She also speaks more languages than I do and has contacts on dozens of planets; she could blend in, disappear, you'd never see her again. Even if I wanted to do something, I can't."

8/16/2010 #117
Near-sighted Jedi

"Then let's hope we don't run into her then" Kivo replied. He laid down on the cold ground and curled up to keep warm, still shivering.

8/16/2010 . Edited 8/16/2010 #118
CellarDoor96

"She sounds like almost every other thing I've ever met, aside from the two of you and a select few others," Aal muttered, tail swishing idly. "Every day is hell... If there really is somewhere other than this place... Could you take me there? I'd give anything to get away from this hellhole." She looked at them questioningly.

8/17/2010 #119
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Etherik shrugged. "Furball over there probably could." She replied. "I'm sorry, I would offer if I could, but you're bigger than the thing I came here in."

8/17/2010 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: CellarDoor96 Typing Typhoon, Thunder Lord Aeatos, Sgt.Shank, EssentiallyCrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member