The Celestial Sandbox
In this RP, you can do anything you want, as long as you follow a few rules. The universe is a blank slate, and you have just been given the tools to make it more. Destroy it, help it, the choice is yours.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
CellarDoor96

Name: Gelcium (Mk. II)

Type: Planet

Physical Description: Gelcium is too far away from its star to support life, and although it does have water it's always frozen. Nothing lives there. The atmosphere has a different composition than Earth's, though it still has oxygen and can be breathed by humans with only a little shortness of breath. Despite it being totally covered with ice, its surface is not slippery because none of the ice ever melts. From space it appears very bright due to its ice reflecting light, and it is only very slightly smaller than Earth.

Climate: Its temperature always hovers around -50 degrees Celsius (-58 degrees Fahrenheit). Because its water is always frozen, it never snows, rains, or even hails. Weather is essentially nonexistant here.

Who Lives There?: No life forms have ever been known to live there.

Location: It's within the Milky Way galaxy and is about 200 lightyears from Earth.

7/20/2010 . Edited 1/8/2011 #1
CellarDoor96

A small, rodent-like creature scurried across the ice. Even though it was moving fast, its motions seemed oddly relaxed, as if it knew it was going nowhere in particular. Even more oddly, it did not seem to be bothered by the crippling cold all around it.

1/8/2011 #2
Thunder Lord Aeatos

As it ran, it could see another figure standing perfectly still nearby, apparently surveying the frozen wasteland. The exact appearance of this figure looked almost human, except for the glaringly-obvious difference in that this being was over twice the height of any human. She (for she was clearly female as the rodent-thing approached) had her back facing to said rodent, and so didn't see it.

1/8/2011 #3
CellarDoor96

The rodent stopped, turning and tilting its head up at the other figure. Interesting...

It gave a tiny squeak to get her attention.

1/8/2011 #4
Thunder Lord Aeatos

She heard the sound and quite suddenly whirled around, a crackling ball fire appearing in her hand, which was pointed at the creature.

"Whoa.... don't scare me like that, little fella." She said, dispersing the fireball.

1/8/2011 #5
CellarDoor96

It blinked, staring at her for a long moment.

Then, it opened its mouth and spoke. "...You're a... Ramynist? What are you doing here? You're supposed to be extinct."

(Have to go, unfortunately. Probably won't be back for quite a while. In the meantime, look at the characters thread, I posted something there that might interest you. :P)

1/8/2011 #6
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Well, firstly, we're not extinct. Only nearly so." Se replied. "Second, how did YOU know that?"

1/8/2011 #7
CellarDoor96

(FPC is glitching up again, so I'm using alerts only, and therefore there might be some inconsistencies between my posts...)

The tiny creature suddenly began to grow and change. Within seconds, where it had once been, there was now a male Ramynist standing. He watched her coolly, a slight smirk on his face. "I heard about what happened to the Ramynists. One moment, they were a thriving, spacefaring society, very promising. The next moment, poof! Gone. No one has seen one of them since that happened. Yet, here you are, standing in front of me. How are you still alive?"

1/8/2011 #8
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( Yeah... ))

"Not all of us burned." The female replied. "For some of us, it actually worked the way it was supposed to."

1/8/2011 #9
CellarDoor96

He crossed his arms. "Really? And in what way might that be?"

1/8/2011 #10
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Well, we haven't died yet." She replied. "Which was the intent in the first place. Normally we wouldn't live for more than, say, 200 years by the cycle of that little blue planet... Earth, or something..."

1/8/2011 #11
CellarDoor96

"Earth? That's an odd reference point. Is that where you've been hiding for all this time?"

1/9/2011 #12
Thunder Lord Aeatos

She shook her head and laughed. "Nah, just the past two hundred of their years or so. Until now, anyways."

1/9/2011 #13
CellarDoor96

"And what made you leave?" he asked, curious. "This planet is not exactly the most hospitable."

1/9/2011 #14
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"I didn't really have a reason." She replied. "I just felt like it."

1/9/2011 #15
CellarDoor96

He grinned. "That's reason enough. How I do everything, anyway."

1/9/2011 #16
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"You still haven't explained WHO you are..." She replied.

1/9/2011 #17
CellarDoor96

He bowed. "Name's Ml, at your service. Or not, depending on how charitable I'm feeling today." Straightening, he regarded her with a wide grin. "Hopefully you've heard of the Wv, haven't you?"

1/9/2011 #18
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Aha, that answers it." She replied. "I'm Rane. Nice to see one of your lot again."

1/9/2011 #19
CellarDoor96

"Is it?" he asked, mildly surprised. "Why do you say that? Most species regard us with fear and loathing, as they should, heh."

1/9/2011 #20
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Rane shrugged. "Always nice to have a decent conversation with someone on roughly the same level as me."

1/9/2011 #21
CellarDoor96

He snorted. "No offense, but if I were anywhere near your level, I'd probably kill myself out of shame." Then, tilting his head, he asked curiously, "But anyway, tell me, how many others survived? Where are they?"

1/9/2011 #22
Thunder Lord Aeatos

She rolled her eyes. "That's what they all say." She said simply. "As for the others... I dunno. A few dozen, at most, including my brother and sister. And we're kinda spread out at the moment."

1/9/2011 #23
CellarDoor96

He raised an eyebrow. "You never decided to revive your race on another planet?"

1/9/2011 #24
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Some of the others probably have." Rane replied. "But I've always been a very 'go with the flow' kind of person. I don't like settling down anywhere for too long."

1/9/2011 #25
CellarDoor96

"I can respect that," Ml said with a grin. "So, what brings you to this desolate, icy rock? Did you, like me, come here to escape from the idiocy of the unenlightened masses?"

1/9/2011 #26
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"That about sums it up, yeah." She agreed.

1/9/2011 . Edited 1/9/2011 #27
CellarDoor96

He grunted. "Huh, I may have to move this planet again, then, if people are going to start coming here all the time..."

1/9/2011 #28
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Rane shrugged. "I didn't even really choose it deliberately, I just picked the first random place I could find."

1/9/2011 #29
CellarDoor96

"Okay, well, as long as you tell no one else about it." He winked. "Our secret."

Then, turning, he gestured out at the ice-covered landscape. "I like this place quite a bit, actually. No one else to bother me, relatively habitable, no fickle weather, complete silence. Usually."

1/9/2011 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: CellarDoor96 Typing Typhoon, Thunder Lord Aeatos, Sgt.Shank, EssentiallyCrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member