The Celestial Sandbox
In this RP, you can do anything you want, as long as you follow a few rules. The universe is a blank slate, and you have just been given the tools to make it more. Destroy it, help it, the choice is yours.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
CellarDoor96

Earth (Mk. II) is a little planet at the edge of the Milky Way. It revolves around a yellow dwarf star called "sun" or "sol" by humans. For most of its lifetime, it has been populated with life, but only for a small portion of its lifetime has sentient life existed on its surface, in the form of humans.

7/20/2010 #1
Thunder Lord Aeatos

A lone figure sat at the bus stop that night. An advisable action? Perhaps not, but there she sat, looking somewhere between depressed, thoughtful, and ill.

If one got closer or had exceptional hearing, once could hear her mumbling to herself. "Another home lost... more lives destroyed... why can I go nowhere without pain following?"

7/21/2010 #2
Zeal of 1200BC

What someone would mistake as a large dog watched the girl from behind some bushes.

Subject is exhibiting supernatural energies, it thought to itself.

Anaylisis of vocal patterns suggest subject is deppressed, 'Virbug' chimed in.

7/21/2010 #3
Thunder Lord Aeatos

'Aw, Rachael, don't be so down...'

'Yeah, it's not your fault! You didn't kill 300 people and hurt over a thousand more!'

'Not helping.'

Needless to say, these mental arguments left her quite inattentive to anything going on around her.

7/21/2010 #4
Zeal of 1200BC

SARE contemplated how to move forward, but it's inherent curiosity got the better of it. Silently, it made sure none else was in the area and approached the sad girl.

Subject threat level neglegible, it thought.

7/21/2010 #5
Thunder Lord Aeatos

She suddenly looked up. "Oh, hi there, boy..." She said, mistaking it for a dog at first. Then she got a better look. "Wait a second..."

7/21/2010 . Edited 7/21/2010 #6
Zeal of 1200BC

It may not have been an actual dog, but it sat down like one.

"Subject, identify why your behavior suggests that you are expirencing sadness." it rumbled, tilting its head in an odd manner.

(It has no 'people' skills... XD)

7/21/2010 #7
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Oh, cool, a robot dog." The girl replied. "Um... it's kind of hard to explain, really."

7/21/2010 #8
Zeal of 1200BC

SARE's irises shifted slightly.

"Subject, identify yourself."

7/21/2010 #9
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"I'm Rachael." She replied. "What's your name?"

7/21/2010 #10
Zeal of 1200BC

It tilted its head the other way and involuntarily flashed its diamond-tipped teeth.

"...Subject 'Rachael', please repeat your request."

7/21/2010 #11
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"What is your name?" Rachael asked again.

7/21/2010 #12
Zeal of 1200BC

SARE searched its memory for synonyms of the word 'name'.

"My designation is S.A.R.E." it replied. "Subject 'Rachael', clearify the reason for the supernatural energy in your proximity."

7/21/2010 #13
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Not out here..." Rachael replied. "It's too public, and I don't really want the story getting out."

7/21/2010 #14
Zeal of 1200BC

"Do you have knowledge of another site in which you may divulge this information?" SARE asked, shifting a little.

7/21/2010 #15
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Rachael nodded. "I just moved into a new apartment this morning...." She said.

7/21/2010 #16
Zeal of 1200BC

SARE just sat there, unsure of the appropriate resonse.

7/21/2010 #17
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Come on." Rachael said. "Before someone sees you, too." She stood up.

7/21/2010 #18
Zeal of 1200BC

"May I accompany you, subject 'Rachael'?" SARE said, getting up and assuming his walking position.

7/21/2010 #19
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Feel free." Rachael replied.

7/21/2010 #20
Zeal of 1200BC

Sare quietly followed Rachael.

7/23/2010 #21
Thunder Lord Aeatos

She led him a short way down the street, turned a corner, and walked to a small apartment complex at the end of that street.

7/23/2010 #22
Zeal of 1200BC

The robot follwed her, stopping near the middle of the room and lying down. Programmed to act somewhat similar to a living creature, it gave a big muted yawn.

"Subject 'Rachael', what is it that you did not wish to discuss outside?" it vocalized.

7/23/2010 #23
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"You want to know why you picked up some readings?" Rachael asked, producing what looked like a photo album from inside a cabinet. Upon opening, it was revealed to be full of clippings from supermarket tabloids and the like. All of them contained photographs of very strange birds; an orange one the size of a large dog, and a blue one as large as the buildings around it.

7/23/2010 #24
Zeal of 1200BC

SARE scanned the first page.

"...Avian creatures identified as 'Phoenix', correct?" it asked.

7/23/2010 #25
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Correct." Rachael replied. "They're me."

No, you're YOU. We're US.

Shut it, Krekkai.

7/23/2010 #26
Zeal of 1200BC

It tilted it's head, looking from the page to Rachael and back again a few times.

"Information not accurate," it said at last. "'Phoenix' have no record of existance. Subject 'Rachael's physiology does not match that of 'Phoenix'."

(It also has poor common sense :P)

7/23/2010 #27
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"It's hard to explain." Rachael said. "I change form, so to speak."

7/23/2010 #28
Zeal of 1200BC

"'Change form'? Explain." it asked bluntly.

(This would be more fun if someone could pop in.)

7/23/2010 #29
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( Aye... Well, she doesn't lock her door when she's home, so somebody feel free XD ))

Rachael blinked. "I mean, I'm not one now, but I turn into one of those two. Think of us like... three sisters who share the use of one body."

7/23/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: CellarDoor96 Typing Typhoon, Thunder Lord Aeatos, Sgt.Shank, EssentiallyCrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member