The Celestial Sandbox
In this RP, you can do anything you want, as long as you follow a few rules. The universe is a blank slate, and you have just been given the tools to make it more. Destroy it, help it, the choice is yours.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Gray-Fall is a rocky, mountainous planet located around ten light-years from earth. It's uniformly covered in a thick, obscuring fog, save for a number of inhabited settlements, which have special bubbles that repel the fog around them. beneath these setllements are underground springs, the only manner of supporting life available. These cities are in a state of constant alert, as people frequently fight over the underground water sources.

The planet acts as a kind of "melting pot," playing host to a variety of species. There are rumors circulating the various settlements of mysterious fog-dwelling creatures, apparently responsible for a number of disappearances. It is regarded as all but suicidal to venture out into the fog, so the settlements are typically the only sign of civilized life.

8/17/2010 #1
Taihus

(seeing a lack of "starting up", I shall post first. Just one question: is there any alcohol on Grey-fall? I have an idea for a first post.)

8/27/2010 #2
MoshiSquared

(It's a slummy planet full of gangs and other scum...of course there's alcohol)

Cyrus walked around a corner and stepped into a seemingly dark alley. His back against the wall, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a can of sparkling water. Although he was legally old enough to drink, he still liked the sharp taste of sparkling water. He opened a can and guzzled down a few large gulps. The sharp taste burned his throat, but refreshed him nonetheless. Cyrus breathed a sigh of contentment. He didn't know why, but he found safety in the cold beverage. Possibly because it was the only good drink on this planet. He'd tried beer and other alcohol, but it didn't appeal to him. It was simple, refreshing, tasted good , and it didn't make you dumb. He quickly finished off the can and head to his house.

8/28/2010 #3
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Orbiting just above the planet, a huge black shape floated silently.

"Raedo, Kartes, arm your squads and be ready for an air-to-surface drop." A figure ordered, head darting around as she addressed each person. "Arile, take your boys and man the big guns. Nerest, at the helm. We go in five."

"Miss Qilarte, what about hostages and valuables?" One asked.

"Take whatever you like, but our main priorities are the protection field generator and water supply." Qilarte replied. "They'll pay handsomely to make sure neither of those are destroyed, I can assure you of that. Now, to your stations!"

"Yes, ma'am!" the others replied in unison.

8/28/2010 . Edited 8/28/2010 #4
MoshiSquared

Something wasn't right, Cyrus felt it in his gut. He looked up at the sky, but saw nothing through the thick fog. His stomach was uneasy, and the usually somewhat active city seemed much quieter. Cyrus put one hand in a fist, red energy surged through the wires in his arms like lava. Something was going to happen, and it was going to happen soon.

8/28/2010 #5
Taihus

"...an, and, and, the point is...the point is..."

Kay was almost certainly drunk. She peered into her glass and tried to remember what the point was.

"...the point..."

"Ducks," said Martin. It was hard to tell when he was drunk.

"Whazzat?"

"Water rolls off them," said Martin. "That's what I was trying to say earlier."

"Whatever..."

It was probably a bad idea to let Martin buy the drinks.

8/28/2010 #6
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Needless to say, the bad feeling Cyrus was getting was about to prove itself VERY correct.

A sudden flash of light met his eyes, followed by a concussive boom and a cloud of smoke rising from a spot a short distance away.

-----

At the bar, meanwhile, things were about to heat up as well... literally.

A second flash and bang took out the back half of the building, leaving Martin and Kay drunk in a half-destroyed bar.

More blasts rocked the city, as a dark shape began to slowly appear out of the fog...

8/28/2010 #7
MoshiSquared

A small ball of fire appeared in Cyrus's hand. The wires in his arm seemed to be growing brighter.

"Dammit". Cyrus moaned. "I just had to come back here didn't I". He braced himself for a fight.

8/29/2010 . Edited 8/29/2010 #8
Taihus

Kay glared first at her glass, then at Martin. He rolled his eyes and began to rummage in his pack.

"You might want to sober up," he suggested.

She shrugged, then winced.

"Right," she croaked. "Is the washroom intact? The alcohol needs to go somewhere."

Martin pointed at a doorway. He then pulled out his gun and loaded it with his experimental grenade rounds.

"Never interrupt me when I'm drunk," he said, turning towards the hole in the building. "Ever."

8/29/2010 #9
Thunder Lord Aeatos

A shadow fell over Martin and Kay as the black shape revealed itself; a massive metal behemoth of a spacecraft, shiny and black. It was clearly on the offensive, firing multiple guns down into the city below.

-----

Qilarte grinned. "Too easy..." She mused. "This is pathetic, really."

"Did you expect any better, ma'am?" Another raider asked.

"Well, in truth, no." Qilarte admitted. "But it certainly proves a useful opportunity to test out the new Subspace Relay. How are the guns holding out?"

"We report a 700 percent increase in power." The raider replied. "Strain on the cannons is no concern, we could triple our current output and still be stable."

"Good." Qilarte said. "Fetch my coat; I could use some exercise."

8/29/2010 #10
Taihus

When Kay returned into the ruined bar, she saw that Martin had deployed the second strap on his satchel, turning it into a backpack, and had put it on. He was looking at the attacking ship with an unfamiliar, almost feral grin on his face. Oh no...

"What are you thinking?" she asked, dreading the answer.

"You see that ship?" he replied, pointing up. "We're going to take it down! To the spaceport!"

He jogged off, leaving Kay to follow, protesting. As he ran he began singing under his breath: "...and another one gone, and another one gone, and another one bites the dust..."

He was definitely drunk.

8/30/2010 #11
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Qilarte pulled her coat on and twirled her pistol. "Oh... and arm the Ion Drivers; we don't want any little would-be hotshots damaging my baby."

"Not likely necessary, shields are running at 500 percent power, but you're the boss for a reason." The raider said, going to do as instructed.

8/30/2010 #12
Taihus

(Even if he knew about that, Martin in his current state would still tackle a ship several times bigger than his own.)

"We don't know why they're attacking! Maybe if we could find out and negotiate something-"

"That's boring!"

8/30/2010 #13
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Qilarte grinned. "Well, boys, see you all when the fun's over." She said. "Oh, and keep up the bombardment, it adds so much to the atmosphere." Without another word, she jumped.

-----

Something landed in front of Martin and Kay. Said thing was small, maybe two feet in height, and covered from head to toe in vivid red scales.

9/3/2010 #14
Taihus

Martin yelled, jumped back, and fired all three grenades. Explosions completely failed to materialize.

"They're experimental!" he shouted, in reply to Kay's questioning look.

9/3/2010 #15
Thunder Lord Aeatos

The figure looked up at them, brushing a little dirt from her coat. "Next time try a weapon that works, Drakken." She said, leveling a very large handgun at them.

9/3/2010 #16
MoshiSquared

A shard of ice shot out of Cyrus's hand, knocking the gun away from the lizard creature.

"Is this weapon good enough for you".

9/4/2010 #17
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Qilarte turned. "Ah, a Narati. Nice to see one of your kind again." She said. "Tell me, how are things back on.... oh, right, it exploded. Nevermind." There was a hint of mockery in her voice as she said that; clearly trying to get him all riled up. "Well, if you'll excuse me, I have a city to raid."

9/4/2010 #18
Taihus

Kay, while everyone was talking, was busily moving her hands in the air. She gestured at Martin, who thumbed a shell into his gun and fired it into the floor. The pellets all stopped before hitting the ground. She then gestured at Qilarte. A pattern of lines appeared in the air around her.

"You can now tell us why you're here," said Martin, cracking his gun open and inserting more shells.

"I increased the normal force of a layer of air around you," said Kay. "You won't be able to move until I free you."

9/4/2010 #19
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Qilarte shrugged. "If you insist." She said. "I am here to violently blackmail this city out of a lot of money. Oh, and don't think you can threaten me; See that ship?" She pointed. "If I die, my crew will know, and they will turn this entire city and everyone in it into a molten crater."

9/4/2010 . Edited 9/4/2010 #20
Taihus

"Then we are at an impasse," said Martin. "I don't want to let you go, and if I don't, the city gets destroyed."

He paused, and frowned.

"Wait-" he started.

"How do you know about Drakken?" asked Kay. "I don't recall seeing your ilk in any of the Many Worlds."

9/4/2010 #21
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Qilarte shrugged. "I've had dealings with a couple hundred species." She replied. "Now are you going to let me go or am I going to be forced to kill you?"

9/4/2010 #22
Taihus

"Oh, no-one's forcing anything," said Kay. The lines gathered together in front of Quilarte and flung her backwards.

"Leave now!"

"D-xentor..." Martin's voice had lost some of its previous alcohol-fueled bravado, and sounded a bit more like himself. "I don't think that was a good idea..."

9/5/2010 #23
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"No." Qilarte affirmed, picking up her gun. "No it wasn't."

9/5/2010 #24
Taihus

Martin fired off two shots at Qilarte, and, pushing Kay in front of himself, dived through a doorway.

9/5/2010 #25
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Qilarte held up a hand; the shots impacted on some kind of unseen shield. "Lesson one: Make sure your enemy doesn't have defenses before you waste ammunition." She aimed at the doorway and fired a shot.

9/5/2010 #26
Taihus

"Cover your ears," said Kay. She drew a swirling shape in the air. The bullet stopped with a concussive BANG.

Martin picked himself up and ran into another room.

9/7/2010 #27
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Qilarte growled. "Magic users." She snorted. "So high and mighty. Come on, then, miss magic. Come play with the big girls."

9/9/2010 #28
Taihus

(oops. I just realized that I'd been calling my character Martin, when it should be Marcus. Martin is my other Drakken character.)

"Yeah right," muttered Kay, picking herself up. "I don't think a magic user could do this."

She drew a sign in the air, and a wall appeared, blocking the doorway.

She continued to draw, and the temperature around her began to drop.

9/9/2010 #29
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Qil fired a second shot into the wall next to the door (blowing a sizable chunk out of it in the process) and then growled and exhaled a jet of flames at Kay.

9/12/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: CellarDoor96 Typing Typhoon, Thunder Lord Aeatos, Sgt.Shank, EssentiallyCrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member