The Celestial Sandbox
In this RP, you can do anything you want, as long as you follow a few rules. The universe is a blank slate, and you have just been given the tools to make it more. Destroy it, help it, the choice is yours.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »
Thunder Lord Aeatos

As if on-cue, with a light fluttering of her coat, Qil descended low enough and then suddenly dropped, landing right in front of Syn and Zerst.

1/8/2011 #331
CellarDoor96

Syn jumped slightly, crying out in surprise at Qil's sudden entrance.

Also at that exact moment, something large appeared almost right next to the party. It seemed to be metallic, but wrapped around it was a large white creature, whose eyes widened as he immediately noticed the group of other aliens. "We mean no harm," Navon quickly broadcast telepathically.

1/9/2011 #332
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Of course, despite his insistence the entire group of pirates had weapons trained in on the big metal thing. Qil brushed herself off and spoke nto what was apparently some kind of communications device.

"Four has encountered unexpected presence. Hostility is undetermined. One, Five, converge on Four's location."

1/9/2011 #333
Sgt.Shank

Zerstorung had flipped his shotgun out of his jacket, and aimed it at the ship. "Then how about you untangle yourself from the ship?"

Maxwell had his weapon trained on the ship, but his attnetion was directd towards Qil.

1/9/2011 #334
CellarDoor96

Navon did not move. To those inside the ship, he quickly said, "Listen, there are others out here, who may or may not be hostile. Wait in there until I tell you to come out, understand?" Then, figuring that Qil was in charge, he addressed her, while staring apprehensively down the barrels of the numerous guns pointed at him. "Uh, my apologies for the sudden intrusion, ma'am. My, my name is Navon. Could you, uh, maybe tell me where this is, ma'am?" He shuffled his wings nervously.

1/9/2011 #335
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"A backwater rock in the middle of intergalactic nowhere." Qil replied. "I think I'll be asking the questions from now on. Got it?"

-----

"WHAT?! HOSTILE?! LEMME AT 'EM, I'LL TEAR THEIR-" Sam ranted, before Rachael, in an uncommon act of boldness, clamped her hands over Sam's snout, holding her mouth shut.

"Stop shouting, please..."

1/9/2011 #336
CellarDoor96

That didn't exactly answer Navon's question, but they were the ones with the guns, after all. "Y-yes, of course."

~.~

"Uh, he did say that they 'may' be hostile, miss," Rai reminded Sam, albeit somewhat anxiously. "There is no need for violence, not yet, at any rate..."

1/9/2011 #337
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Anyone else in there preparing a nasty surprise for us?" Qil demanded.

-----

Sam growled but gave a short nod. Rachael released her.

"If you grab me like that again...." Sam growled.

(( BTW, posted on Earth. ))

1/9/2011 #338
CellarDoor96

Navon hesitated, but soon gave a mental nod and answered, "Yes, there are four other life forms inside. Two from Earth, two from... Garil, I believe."

~.~

"Quit bickering, you two," Iar ordered. "There's no reason for it, and we might have to fight someone else soon enough."

1/9/2011 #339
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Qil raised an eyebrow. "Earth? As in the 'We're the supreme race in the universe, despite having no effective method of so much as interplanetary travel' Earth?"

-----

"Fair enough..." Rachael replied. Sam looked less agreeable, but huffed irately and sat by the door all the same.

1/9/2011 #340
CellarDoor96

Navon blinked. "...I suppose so, yes... Though that could describe almost every other race without interplanetary travel."

1/9/2011 #341
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"True, but humans are particularly full of themselves, at least in general. I've had dealings with a few decent ones, but for the most part they're just annoying..." Qil replied.

1/9/2011 #342
CellarDoor96

"Ah, well... At any rate, only one of these is a human. The other is... I'm not quite sure what she is, actually, but she's very sweet. As for the other two, one is an Onaran, and one is a Kalakan. The Onaran are a fairly common spacefaring race, perhaps you've encountered them as well?"

1/9/2011 #343
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Qil shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not. I encounter a lot of species."

1/9/2011 #344
CellarDoor96

"Then I... trust you have no reason for hostility toward any of our species?"

1/9/2011 #345
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"As a species? Not at all." Qil replied.

1/9/2011 #346
CellarDoor96

"Ah, good. So, then, could you perhaps lower your weapons...?"

(Isn't she gonna notice he hasn't told her his own species or planet of origin?)

1/9/2011 #347
Thunder Lord Aeatos

(( .... Yes? DXD ))

Qil grinned at him, lowered it for a second, then brought it right back up. "Nice try, but you left out one member of your group." She said.

1/9/2011 #348
CellarDoor96

Navon paused, a little distressed by this. "...Why do you say that? They're inside the ship, you can't see them..."

1/9/2011 #349
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"I'm looking at YOU, feathers." Qil replied.

1/9/2011 #350
CellarDoor96

He blinked, face flushing slightly. "Oh, of course. Er, my name is Navon, as I said... I am a Lonian, from a planet called Lathil. I doubt that will mean anything to you, though, since I am the only Lonian still alive, and have been for a very long time."

1/9/2011 #351
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Doesn't mean a thing." Qil agreed.

1/9/2011 #352
Sgt.Shank

Zerstorung spun his shotgun on one hand, while Maxwell played target practice with his smoldering bogie.

"Not all humans are arrogant and insignifigant, by the way."

1/9/2011 #353
CellarDoor96

"I swear we have no hostile intent," Navon said. "Actually, I'm not even quite sure what we're doing here, or where this is..."

1/9/2011 #354
Sgt.Shank

(Ahem.)

1/10/2011 #355
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"I already told you." Qil replied. "It's a run-down, backwater rock in the middle of intergalactic nowhere."

1/10/2011 #356
CellarDoor96

"Right, well... In that case, why are you here, ma'am?" Navon asked politely.

1/10/2011 #357
Taihus

(Somewhere in orbit...)

"Look, we're on a space ship! We have the highest vantage point possible, yet we are still having problems tracking them!"

"We can only use passive sensors for now, or else they'd find us almost faster than we'd find them. This mist also has some odd properties, not to mention their ship's power source."

"Well, whatever I felt wasn't any sort of power source. It had concealed its own presence only moments after it arrived. I want to find out if little lizard b-tch has anything to do with that."

"Calling her names won't make this any easier. Plus, I didn't think it was something you did."

"Of course not. I was just... angry."

"Like back in the city?"

"That's it, our contract is void, I'm finding someone else for shuttle services."

1/10/2011 . Edited 1/10/2011 #358
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"I am here because of reasons that I don't feel like sharing." Qil replied, turning to look at the other three. "That goes for you three as well. Say one word against my orders and I'll have you shot."

1/11/2011 #359
CellarDoor96

Navon blinked. "...Not all of you are part of the same faction?" He hesitated, thinking. "If... there is a conflict of some kind here, it may be that we were sent to intervene..."

1/12/2011 #360
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: CellarDoor96 Typing Typhoon, Thunder Lord Aeatos, Sgt.Shank, EssentiallyCrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member