The Celestial Sandbox
In this RP, you can do anything you want, as long as you follow a few rules. The universe is a blank slate, and you have just been given the tools to make it more. Destroy it, help it, the choice is yours.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
CellarDoor96

"Very well." He came to a stop then. "Ah, here we are," he said. "Let me just load the specifics into the computer..." He paused for a few moments. Then, he went on, "Now, this system is designed to synthesize materials for use in laboratory experiments. So, if you were expecting real food, please accept my apologies. I honestly do not know what it will taste like. But it should have the right balance of nutrients."

At that moment, a small slot opened in the wall. Inside it was a transparent flask, inscribed with alien symbols, which was filled with a murky gray fluid.

(I decided to make a profile for Gar, but it isn't done yet and I have to go, so I'll post it tomorrow.)

1/16/2011 . Edited 1/16/2011 #91
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Angel looked at it for a minute. "Well... it... LOOKS alright." She said halfheartedly, tentatively poking it as if testing to see whether it would try to bite.

1/16/2011 #92
CellarDoor96

"It should be harmless, but... Maybe you should try just a little, to make sure. After all, if it does prove to be toxic, we have no medicine we might give to you."

1/17/2011 #93
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Oh, don't worry about THAT." Angel replied, giving it another tentative poke. "I'm not concerned about toxins and stuff."

1/17/2011 #94
CellarDoor96

"Ah, well then... What are you waiting for?"

1/18/2011 #95
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"Well... uh... no offense meant, but... it's not going to try and bite me, is it?" Angel asked.

1/18/2011 #96
CellarDoor96

"Considering that we have tried to create life through this machine before, and failed, I sincerely doubt that we will do so now," he said dryly.

1/19/2011 #97
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"I'm.... sorry." Angel said. "I... I didn't mean to.... to offend you..."

1/19/2011 #98
CellarDoor96

"No, no, I'm not offended, my dear," he assured her. "After all, I didn't make this machine."

1/19/2011 #99
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Angel nodded, poked it once more, then held it up. "Well... cheers..." She said, then downed the whole thing.

She made a face akin to one that might be made after drinking something foul.

1/19/2011 #100
CellarDoor96

"Again, my apologies," he repeated, somewhat nervously.

1/19/2011 #101
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Angel didn't respond for a minute, but then spoke up again. "It's... urgh... it's fine..."

1/20/2011 #102
CellarDoor96

"...I could, perhaps, extract a formula for a suitable flavoring from your head as well?" he offered.

1/20/2011 #103
Taihus

(I'm withdrawing.)

~Recording/remembering location. Moving to somewhere more interesting.~

The Broken Infinity, without so much a glimmer of radiation, seemed to sink into the vacuum (even though there shouldn't be anything for it to sink into), and disappeared.

1/20/2011 #104
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"N-no... it' fine..." Angel got out. "H-hey.... can you tell me where a garbage chute is? I... I have some old gum wrappers and things to throw out..."

1/27/2011 #105
CellarDoor96

"Culinary arts are not my forte," Gar admitted, as he turned and began to lead her down the hallway. "This way."

After turning a few corners, he approached one particular section of wall, and a decently-sized hole slid open in it.

1/27/2011 #106
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Angel threw a few gum wrappers out of her pockets into it.

Following which she proceeded to be violently ill into said chute.

1/27/2011 #107
CellarDoor96

Gar winced. "Angel, I don't believe it's conducive to your survival for you to eject what little sustenance you have..."

1/28/2011 #108
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"S-sorry..." Angel said. "L-look.... the truth is... I don't need it... I only accepted to be polite..."

1/28/2011 #109
CellarDoor96

"...You don't?" Gar asked, confused. "But you have to eat something. Everything does. Even I am feeding off your excess brainwaves right now..."

1/28/2011 #110
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Angel shook her head. "I'm not like other things. Really, you shouldn't be so skeptical; you already learned that the hard way once...."

1/28/2011 #111
CellarDoor96

"I, I understand that, but I doubt even you could violate basic laws of physics. I'm sorry, but it's impossible for you to survive for long without eating."

1/28/2011 #112
Thunder Lord Aeatos

"I guess you could say I do." Angel replied. "But not in the traditional sense. It's something that won't make any sense unless you know the truth, and the truth is something that we've already established has to be found out on your own, or with help that isn't me."

1/28/2011 #113
CellarDoor96

"Very well, I suppose I'll simply have to trust you here," Gar conceded, with a mental sigh. "Even though this means that my near-death experience was all for nothing. Still, I did try-" Suddenly, he paused, radiating realization. "...Then again," he began at last, "perhaps it was not all for nothing. Come, I think a trip to engineering is in order..." He turned and began to hurry off.

1/28/2011 #114
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Angel hurried after him. "Where are we going?"

1/28/2011 #115
CellarDoor96

"Engineering, specifically the sensor labs. I believe I know how to find the escaped criminal, thanks to the information I received from you. I'll have to modify the sensors slightly, but I believe I can verify their mode of transportation, and by modifying the engines, I may be able to follow him."

2/6/2011 #116
Thunder Lord Aeatos

".... You know I can't let you do that..." Angel replied; though she sounded hesitant to say it, at the same time there was an underlying seriousness to her tone.

2/6/2011 #117
CellarDoor96

He came to a stop, looking at her hesitantly. "...Why? I have the information, should I not use it? It's for a good cause, after all..."

2/6/2011 #118
Thunder Lord Aeatos

Angel shook her head. "You can't use anything you got out of my head, nor may you tell it to anyone else. Those are the only conditions I'm going to give you."

2/6/2011 #119
CellarDoor96

"Surely you won't mind, lovely, just this once?" he cajoled, immediately stretching out his mental tendrils to brush against her, teasing the pleasure centers of her brain. "After all, I already know the information. And I did earn it, in a sense. Don't you agree?"

2/6/2011 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: CellarDoor96 Typing Typhoon, Thunder Lord Aeatos, Sgt.Shank, EssentiallyCrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member