Politics
Want to talk about politics without being insulted? I enjoy political discussions.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Sexymarine

General David Petreaus's name should be up there with Patton, Macarthur, and Grant. He's the one who helped turn Iraq from a s*** hole to a containable situation, though with some help from Colonel Killcullen, Ret. general Keane, and Colonel McFarland. The surge was a great idea that went perfectly with the new strategy of protecting Iraqi civilians and changing the militaries image (to the Iraqis) from being the bad guys to the good guys.

4/6/2009 #1
clandestinedownpour

containable situation, my ***. he is part of a grand conspiracy for the united statesto take over all struggling nations, eventually uniting the world into a single massive superpower, which will subsequently turn into a 1984-ish nightmare. we have long stopped entering wars for the benefit of humanity. no personal offense to you, or petreaus, or the soldiers putting their necks on the line, but the military are the bad guys.

5/28/2009 #2
Sexymarine

Take your goddamn medicine ya scitzo. There is no grand conspiracy or NWO. Okay, its all in your head the government isn't some evil big brother out to get you. 1984 is a book, a good book, but a book none the less.

5/28/2009 #3
clandestinedownpour

struck a chord there, didn't i?

it can and will happen, and when the situation does occur, there will be but a flimsy barrier between us and the ruin of all of humanity. and the people fueling this irreversible descent into supreme dictatorship; people like you, who blindly support the military and hold on to values of long-irrelevant patriotism.

5/29/2009 . Edited 5/29/2009 #4
Sexymarine

What's you're proof come on?? What real evidence do you have??

5/29/2009 #5
clandestinedownpour

i could tell you that the military had no substantial grounds on which to invade iraq, and that it has officially changed its reasons for invasion every few months.

i could tell you that the military seems to conveniently let it's presence be known in countries with substantial wealth and resources (you haven't seen it make serious attempt to handle the darfur crisis, have you?).

i could tell you that a BBC broadcast that announced the collapse of World Trade Center Tower 7 bore a time stamp 26 minutes before the building fell, suggesting that the government, and thus the military knew about the attack, but did not prevent it so they could have reason to begin an all-allowing war on terrorism, disrupting more than a few countries in the process.

i could tell you all these things, but i will refrain from doing so, instead asking of you proof that your beloved military is not planning world domination.

5/31/2009 #6
Sexymarine

*yawn* No the military had no grounds to invade Iraq Bush just wanted to as a distraction from his failure with Osama. And yes the military plans in the middle east have changed from trying to not get shot to trying to contain the situation. And no we didn't do anything about darfur but that was Bush's choice not the armed force's.

If anything that suggests the british attack the world trade center as a nation.

That's funny you just did, take your pills ya goddamn scitzo.

5/31/2009 #7
clandestinedownpour

i concede that my some of my arguments were more speculation than fact. and that mary poppins always did seem like one to aid terrorists, what with her flying umbrella and tonic that was no doubt some form of o***.

i personally do not consider the situation with osama a failure, just a highly amusing and rather futile show of military force (rather like a peacock flaunting it's feathers with no mate in sight, i suppose.).

however, still do believe that hostile military takeover is in order, and i see no dissuasion from you to convince me otherwise.

5/31/2009 . Edited 5/31/2009 #8
Sexymarine

Osama was the CIA's faliure not the military's they don't handle tracking him they just make the grab.

Don't kid yourself you WANT there to be a hostile military take over. Why? Either because you have no life and want to live out your fantasy of becoming America's luke skywalker destroying the evil empire. Or for some other reason even just so you can say "told you so" but fine barricade yourself in your home for something that won't ever come.

5/31/2009 #9
clandestinedownpour

it does seem rather fun to be luke skywalker, does it not? however, i'm afraid i have neither the stature (5'4 and 105 lbs is good for nothing except crawling into small spaces) nor the weaponry to spring the earth from the clutches of the military.

and perhaps i do suffer from delusions, but so do you. you buy into the military-spewed propaganda of the glory of fighting for your county, and your words are laced with subtle optimism that comes from one who has not seen, nor experienced the stark reality of the battlefield.

5/31/2009 . Edited 5/31/2009 #10
Sexymarine

Hey tell you what, maybe I haven't been in combat yet but in a few years when I get through basic training I'll let you know. And remember IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD!!!!

5/31/2009 #11
clandestinedownpour

you are in the prime of your life, yet you actually dream of risking your life and serving in the military? and for what noble cause?

war is a game, and you are but a pawn. although many reasons have been given by the military (not only ours, but everyone elses') for fighting, nothing is worth the rising death toll.

when in war, you are taught to ignore your inborn instincts of compassion and become little more than an animal. even if you survive your service in the military and come back relatively unscathed, you really think your mind will be perfectly dandy for the rest of your life?

6/1/2009 . Edited 6/1/2009 #12
Sexymarine

Yeah, alright if you don't get it you probably never will. Alright, just because I feel some form of patriotic duty doesn't mean you have to. The US armed forces will continue to protect your right to be paranoid.

6/29/2009 #13
Narc

All of the arguments on here seem to be trying to simplify something that isn't so clear-cut.

We are doing quite a lot of good here (and I say -here-, because I am in fact serving in Iraq). Terrorist attacks have decreased, stability has increased. The quality of life for many people has been improved, although not all.

But like I said, nothing is so clear-cut, because in the end, you have to wonder whether the amount of good that's being done is worth it. Both in the lives put at risk and the monetary cost. It takes a -lot- of money to protect a Soldier when he or she goes out to do a mission, even a humanitarian one.

Needless to say, there's a lot more to it than just "war is evil" or "patriotic duty". You can argue both of those things back and forth forever, but in the end, they're just views. Not based on knowledge or research.

Hey tell you what, maybe I haven't been in combat yet but in a few years when I get through basic training I'll let you know. And remember IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD!!!!

Perhaps you should reserve acting like you're an expert until you've actually served. Intention doesn't mean much until you've actually done the job and know firsthand what it takes. Not saying you shouldn't debate, but 'planning to go to basic training' is not any kind of credential.

8/26/2009 #14
Sexymarine

I recently read a book called the Gamble, written by Thomas E ricks, about the troop surge and the change of strategy under Petreaus. It explained that the strategy changed from mainly staying in bases and only coming out at night, to foot patrols and even staying with the Iraqi civilians.

I've been watching the news allot and from what it sounds like the Iraqi police aren't ready to handle the situation on their own. Iraq is a problem that isn't magically going to go away and there can be serious consequences for pulling our or staying in.

Sorry, I'm just really sick of people who think that the government/military/police are part of a giant conspiracy to build a international totalitarian regime.

8/26/2009 #15
Sexymarine

Just one more thing, my family has been serving in the military since 1916 when they first arrived from Ireland. Its not a question of if I enlist its a question of when which is right after I get through college.

8/26/2009 #16
lili999

Discount Nike Air Max Tn 6 Supply ( http://www.casualkey.com) Discount Nike Shox NZ Shoes Supply ( http://www.casualkey.com) Discount Nike Shox OZ Sale ( http://www.casualkey.com) Discount Nike Shox TL Store ( http://www.alibatrade.com) Discount Nike Shox TL 2 Shoes Store ( http://www.casualkey.com) Discount Nike Shox TL 3 Distributor ( http://www.casualkey.com) Discount Nike Shox Elite Shoes Manufacturer ( http://www.casualkey.com)

6/19/2010 #17
Forum Moderators: Blackbird552
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member