Politics
Want to talk about politics without being insulted? I enjoy political discussions.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
moongazer7

No…! I don’t even agree with today’s healthcare system. I hate that it’s nationalized. Sure it’s more comfortable for poor people, but it’s mighty restraining, and you’d get better services if it was private.

2/6/2009 #31
Sexymarine

So you'd rather have an incompetent potentially corrupt business man in charge of your health care?

2/6/2009 #32
fatbird33

it scares me because i come from a family that has very many health issues. this universal health care system will not give us enough money to be able to afford anything anymore. that's why it scares me.

2/8/2009 #33
Sexymarine

What do you mean it won't give you enough money it'll be way cheaper then privatized health care.

2/8/2009 #34
fatbird33

i mean everyone will only get a ceratin set amount of money for insurance, which won't be enough.

2/12/2009 #35
Sexymarine

My grandma's insurance is for crap and its private.

2/12/2009 #36
fatbird33

i'm wondering as to where we're going to get all of this money for universal healthcare in this time of economic crisis. i mean we just can't afford universal healthcare right now!

2/20/2009 #37
Sexymarine

No we can't though it would be nice to have.

2/20/2009 #38
fatbird33
Having privatized healthcare keeps the healthcare companies competing with each other. Universal Healthcare will be a monopoly, which is never a good thing. Also many researchers spend a lot of time and money, knowing that if they find a cure to a certain disease they will make millions. This incentive will be taken away if we have universal healthcare, which is a dangerous thing.
2/24/2009 #39
Sexymarine

Your theory is good the problem, companies don't play nice any more. They cheat to be more affordable to the point where their giving you a stick with some dog s*** on it and calling it health care. How would it be taken away they wouldn't just flush the research down the toilet *cough Bush and stem cells cough cough*

2/24/2009 #40
fatbird33

"They cheat to be more affordable to the point where their giving you a stick with some dog ** on it and calling it health care"

haha

2/26/2009 #41
Sexymarine

Do you get my point though, what we have now is privatized health care and its a mess.

2/26/2009 #42
fatbird33

yeah i get your point. i do agree that there are bad things right now in privatized healthcare, and i am not against fixing those glitches. i just think that universal healthcare would just make it WAY worse than it already is.

2/27/2009 #43
Sexymarine

It comes down to who's running it.

2/27/2009 #44
fatbird33

yes. so it's between the government and the people. mind you, i'd much rather have the people.

2/27/2009 #45
fatbird33

yes. so it's between the government and the people. mind you, i'd much rather have the people.

2/27/2009 #46
Sexymarine

Not regular people though. Super rich greedy out of touch people who could care less if you have good health care as long as they get money.

2/27/2009 #47
fatbird33

the government are rich, greedy people.

2/27/2009 #48
Sexymarine

Not all around, many are D*** Cheany, the Bush's, the Kennedy's, etc.. Also we have more power where government is involved.

2/27/2009 #49
fatbird33

"Also we have more power where government is involved." i'm a little confused by this statement. who's the we?

2/28/2009 #50
Sexymarine

Citizens of the United States have to power to vote out bad politicians though when it comes to companies we can't do s***.

2/28/2009 #51
fatbird33

ooo this is true. but how often does this really happen? politicians have the fantastic power of brainwashing people. If there's a bad politician that screws over our healthcare system, he/she will probably convince the ignorant people (no offense to america) that it's all good.

3/1/2009 #52
Sexymarine

Yeah kinda like bush did. It really comes down to the lesser of two evils.

3/1/2009 #53
fatbird33

um more like what obama's doing. but i do agree on that i comes down to lesser of two evils. it's just that we don't agree on what's evil..er. :)

3/1/2009 #54
Sexymarine

Obama is way smarter then Bush and his policies actually make sense. I'd just feel more comfortable putting my faith in the government over some CEO who could really care less.

3/1/2009 #55
fatbird33

you see that's where we disagree. i'm not a huge fan of obama (can you tell?) but i don't want to throw him under the bus just yet. i need to wait to see what results from his policies before i incirminate him. however, i'm not thinking that they're really gonna work. i hope that all made sense...

3/3/2009 #56
Sexymarine

It made perfect sense and its a perfectly reasonable and logical argument. I think that its going to work but I don't know that it will for a fact but at least its something.

3/3/2009 #57
fatbird33

yeah if obama wants to do it, then there's nothing i can really do to stop him from doing so, so i'll just have to put up with it. i'm not going to mope and groan about it for the rest of my life (unless it turns out to be a complete disaster, which is possible), because that'll be a waste of my time:)

3/3/2009 #58
Sexymarine

And there's a good chance it'll at the very least put the united states back on track.

3/3/2009 #59
fatbird33
well i sure hope so ( i just don't think so)
3/4/2009 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: Blackbird552
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member