Politics
Want to talk about politics without being insulted? I enjoy political discussions.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Sexymarine

Israel has recently responded to a rocket attack, by Hamas, with all out ground invasion what are your opinions.

1/6/2009 #1
falseMessiah

I think that Israels reaction is perfectly justified. I mean if someone was shooting rockets into the US would we simply try to dissuade the perpetrators with words? No we would not, heck we wouldn't even come with "proportional force" we would come with total annihilation. That being said, for Hamas this is all a game, they shoot from behind woman and children so when Israel goes to defend itself you get "massive civilian causalities". They simply wish to turn public opinion against Israel to further their own agenda and they care nothing about their own people, it is sickening.

1/7/2009 #2
Sexymarine

I agree with you on almost every point the only thing is. Only one Israeli was killed in the rocket attacks 625 civilians have been killed. Plus Israel has been using white phroporus which is banned by the geneva convention. On the topic of Hamas yeah their a bunch of a*** who I can't waitto shoot at in a few years.

1/7/2009 #3
falseMessiah

The chemical weapons convention dose not specifically designate WP as a chemical weapon nor dose the Geneva convention ban it by name. However the use of any weapons to deliberately attack civilians is banned. I do not believe that Israel is going out of it's way to attack civilians. The same can not be said for hamas which shoots ONLY at civilian areas within Israel.

Gaza is more densely populated than Israel and Hamas being the brave strong warriors of god that they are (sarcasm) hide within civilian areas. They shoot rockets from school yards for crying out loud. So if you attack you are going to run into civilian death, it is inevitable.

Israel however has decided to send in ground troops to try and reduce casualties by not blanketing the area with air raids. Also the Human rights council of the UN is a goddman joke. It is picking on Israel which only defends itself while the real human rights violators such as China, Saudi Arabia and North Korea come out untouched.

1/7/2009 . Edited 1/7/2009 #4
Sexymarine

It does it bans the use of WP as a weapon.

Beyond that I agree.

1/7/2009 #5
falseMessiah

(Edit)

Let me post my sources:

"Israel used White Phosphorus against HAMAS targets in Gaza during Operation Cast Lead in January 2009. This violated no international laws or conventions"

-http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/wp.htm

"A headline Monday incorrectly stated that Israel used "banned" shells during the war with Hezbollah. While the article said the Geneva Conventions ban the use of white phosphorous as an incendiary against civilians or civilian areas, Cabinet Minister Yaakov Edri said Israel used the shells against Hezbollah "in attacks against military targets in open ground."

-http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=2&x_outlet=115&x_article=1218

I know the second one talks about Hezbollah but I posted it to point out that the media has an anti-Israeli bias when it comes to these things.

1/7/2009 . Edited 1/7/2009 #6
Sexymarine

Alright so in that case I agree with ya 100%

1/7/2009 #7
Sexymarine

Allow me to change my stance I agree with you 20%

After doing my own research I have discovered that Israel coaxed Hamas into firing the rockets. After the ceasefire Israel didn't allow the aid they were supposed to (about 700 trucks) into Gaza they let in only about 20% And the tunnels they bombed, yes they had some weapons but they were also used to transport the aid Israel wasn't letting in. Even after this Hamas allowed Israel a chance to renew the ceasefire instead Israel cut their aid down to 15% percent. So Hamas now pissed off fired rockets into Israel and the school bombing that Israel did THEY HAD THE COORDINATES and the U.N. told them they weren't sheltering militants. Then they blow up a truck carrying aid with a HUGE FREAKING U.N. flag on it. Israel has sealed Gaza off from the rest of the world and the human shields well if my country was invaded I would do the same damn thing I would help the militants at any cost especially since Israel has been blowing the hell out of civilian targets. The U.S. is to Israel Bias we need to open our eyes and see that Israel has become the oppressor.

1/14/2009 #8
falseMessiah

I see you have read up on research, in light of recent events I myself have changed my views.

Do you honestly want to know why Israel is able to do the things it dose. They have no oil to sell, they don't make very many things so where do you think the money and weapons come from? Good ole USA.

The reason why we provide this never ending support for Israel is because of American Christians. American Christians see Israel as the holy land and send massive donations to them. Although they do something much more important than that, they vote. The American Christian voting bloc will almost always unfailingly show up at the polls. The politicians need their votes in order to get into office and do you think they will vote for someone who says they will not support Israel? I doubt that.

Another problem is Israels resettlement policies, they literally move the army into an area, clear all of the palestinians out of it and build a Israeli community. This area will now be surrounded by poor palestinians who will not be happy about that. Also they place soldiers to guard this communities and if the palestinians make rules that they don't like all they have to do is call the army. Even when they are actually defending themselves Israels air raids are notoriously sloppy.

"There is no such thing as a Palestinian people... It is not as if we came and threw them out and took their country. They didn't exist." -- Golda Meir, statement to The Sunday Times, 15 June, 1969.

"The Palestinians are like crocodiles, the more you give them meat, they want more".... -- Ehud Barak, Prime Minister of Israel at the time - August 28, 2000.

Throw in these quotes and you have something that looks a lot like Hitlers Third R***, Ironic is it not?

In order to find a solution for this we need to put some serous pressure on Israel into making a compromise and by pressure I mean cutting off all aid, weapons, money, everything.

1/26/2009 . Edited 1/26/2009 #9
Sexymarine

I think a one state sulution may be the only way to fix the problem. Before the British established the state of Israel the Palastiniens and Israelis lived together in peace. I agree that we need to put more pressure on Israel and make sure that the weapons we're giving them aren't being fired willy nilly cause in the end we pay for it. The arab world hates us for our Israel bias. The Isrealis have become what they were trying to flea from.

1/26/2009 #10
moongazer7

I think they are right to attack. They are defending themselves. If you are against, you aren’t against violence. I see you all agree that we need to defend our country if it was attacked, well, so should these people.

2/6/2009 #11
Sexymarine

First they coaxed Hamas into the attack. Israel fired first, second yeah they have the right to defend themselves but what they did is went missile-happy. They blew up a U.N school filled with refuges that they HAD the coordinates for and they blow up an aid truck. I'm fine with them defending themselves but really its like a UFC fighter claiming he had to beat up a mentally challenged midget for self defense.

2/6/2009 #12
Forum Moderators: Blackbird552
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member