New Sovereignty
Lead a colony as it struggles for its place among others in a virgin world.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Mindwarp

The Map is central to New Sovereignty. It details the geography and resources of the new world, which are vital to the survival of any colony. As cities are founded and territory claimed the map will be updated to reflect changes on the continent. At the moment nothing is named, but as players give passes and landmarks their own names those will also be added.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z166/LimsatMMORPG/Map.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z166/LimsatMMORPG/Icons.jpg

For a better view, try looking at one of the partial maps:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z166/LimsatMMORPG/MapEast.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z166/LimsatMMORPG/MapWest.jpg

Colonies:

Blue: Imeren

Purple: Whitefoot

Dark Grey: Valbadu

Light Grey: Sesaba

Red: New Survaek

Black: Rusecto

Green: Settlement of the Neonites

Orange: Erethea Tribe

Yellow: Ashvinau

White: New Indroie

8/10/2009 . Edited 12/23/2009 #1
AspenIvan

To reiterate what's in my nation info, Survaek has a settlement at square 10 by 19, and an outpost in 10 by 18 and 10 by 20 each.

8/11/2009 #2
AspenIvan

New outpost at 8 by 19, and an issue I just realized. This whole time, I've mixed up the coal and iron deposits. The first mountain outpost is actually the one where coal is marked on the map, and the second is the one where iron is marked. Is there a way you could switch those resources, or should I edit two or three of my posts mentioning the "first iron shipment," replace it with "first coal shipment," and somehow justify a metal refinery and blacksmiths working?

8/21/2009 #3
Mindwarp

You might build a refinery and a blacksmith in the anticipation of mining iron. I know a blacksmith at least would always have work repairing materials and sharpening blades. Since you haven't done anything that requires a large amount of iron there shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Although I would point out that the mountains are not easy to travel through. I'm a little puzzled by New Survaek's rapid expansion given its population. They still have to haul cannons up mountains, provide food for the colony, and now harvest that lumber.

8/21/2009 #4
AspenIvan

I have assumed so far that time is passing pretty quickly. Am I wrong in stating that it has been over a month in game time?

Of course, whenever regular work fails, slave labor doesn't! One slave can do about as much as three peasants because of lack of any protections, ridiculous working hours, and muscular strength gained from past work. Of course, slave mortality can be an issue, so the Survaekom aren't too harsh, especially since these 1,000 are their only slaves for the colony.

Plus, construction techniques, even with wood, are fairly advanced, and even more importantly, with advanced agricultural methods, peasants have more time to work on construction.

Anyway, will you require that I edit my former posts, or can we work under the assumption that the course of events "edited" without the posts being so?

8/21/2009 #5
Mindwarp

Hrm. I'm usually wary of setting up stable timespans on nations forums, since a conversation that takes months to write may take up only a day in game time. Perhaps another option would be better. I will set up a schedule for map updates, and at each update people will be able to state what developments have been made. Perhaps once every three weeks?

8/22/2009 #6
AspenIvan

Perhaps once per three weeks once more people join, but while its just the two of us I'd say once per week.

How about my question as to the necessity of editing?

8/22/2009 #7
Mindwarp

It's not necessary if you don't feel the urge. It may perhaps be a little confusing if someone decides to read the archives, but if it's too much work don't bother.

Once per week is a bit fast, both because I don't want to shut new players out too fast, and, more to the point, because it takes a couple hour's work to update the map. It's not something I want to do every week.

8/22/2009 #8
AspenIvan

Be sure to put in Survaek's new mountain outpost in addition to Valbadu.

9/8/2009 #9
KrossVD

Oh, can my Neonites settlement be green dots, unless thats too hard to see on the map.

9/18/2009 #10
crazyconnorthepossumdestroyer

The map should have a key saying how big each square is. For all we know we're fighting somewhere the size of Luxembourg.

9/21/2009 #11
Mindwarp

I don't have an established scale for a couple reasons, but the map was designed assuming that it was somewhat smaller than the baltic sea region. Around two thirds its size.

9/21/2009 #12

Baltic Sea? And wait. We're on earth? I thought we were on some other place.

9/21/2009 #13
Mindwarp

No, this is entirely a fantasy realm. I just used the baltic sea as a scale model for the geography.

9/21/2009 #14
KrossVD

yea, when do u think the map will be updated?

9/21/2009 #15
Mindwarp

I'm working on it.

9/21/2009 #16
KrossVD

alright, don't worry I'm not trying to pressure you

9/21/2009 #17
SilverBlueSnow

My new location is 2-17

9/22/2009 . Edited 9/23/2009 #18

what a coincidence. mine is 3-20. bwa ha ha ha ha.

9/22/2009 #19
Mindwarp

I predict much conquest and warfare on this forum.

The question is, will it be like the scifi forum, where the peaceful powers have a habit of ganging up on the warlike ones, or will this just be open chaos?

9/22/2009 #20

most likely the first option. literally in every forum i've been in i was the psychotic war hungry one that got ganged up on by everyone else.

9/22/2009 #21
SilverBlueSnow

3-20... gulp :(

9/23/2009 #22
AspenIvan

I don't think it will be either. Or maybe a bit of both. The setting here does not allow for modern concepts of human rights and international relations, so the prospect of a grand alliance of the peaceful seems dubious. However, blatant warmongerers will be seen as a threat by other nations, who may forget differences in the name of self-defense.

9/23/2009 #23
SilverBlueSnow

During the next update I'd like to be purple, or white

9/23/2009 . Edited 9/23/2009 #24
AspenIvan

Hey, the map won't show up anymore on my computer...

:(

9/23/2009 #25
AspenIvan

Never mind, problem fixed!

By now, the Survaekom have an embryonic fort at 8-17 (I mentioned this in New Survaek) and the beginnings of some farming villages on that peninsula. They also have some well-developed peasant and woodspeople villages scattered throughout their already-established territory.

9/24/2009 #26
Mindwarp

This month's update is complete.

10/3/2009 #27
KrossVD

Nice it looks great!

10/3/2009 #28
AspenIvan

Keep up the good work, MW!

Not to get too far ahead, but next month should bring the coastal fort at 8 by 17 for New Survaek, along with a few more farming villages below (I saw that you already put one, thanks!).

10/3/2009 #29
Bibliomanzer

MW, I have a question. My newest nation, the Eerethea Tribe (12-1), is three quadrants west of the nearest water source, a river at 12-4. Could my guys maybe dig a new river that diverges from the main river there and then run it closer to home, so they wouldn't have to travel days just to get water?

10/11/2009 . Edited 10/11/2009 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Mindwarp
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member