New Sovereignty
Lead a colony as it struggles for its place among others in a virgin world.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Mindwarp

It's up. Let me know if I missed anything. I know the icons are kind of hard to read right now and I'm working on it.

8/10/2009 #1
AspenIvan

Hey MW! Nice job with the forum.

One question: What does each type of resource icon represent?

8/10/2009 . Edited 8/10/2009 #2
AspenIvan

Wait, never mind that; I jsut looked at the other link.

8/10/2009 #3
Mindwarp

Part of the reason I need to find a way to enlarge the map. The resource labels have the names on them, but you can't read them right now.

8/10/2009 #4
AspenIvan

Now that I think about it, there is one issue I'd like to bring up. "Crops" should not be a resource, since nations bring and plant them. Anywhere along a river or lake can be farmland, not just a few "squares."

8/10/2009 #5
Mindwarp

They can bring and plant crops, true, but not everywhere is arable land. The "Crops" resource is supposed to be more an indication of where good crops will grow. Most of the rivers are forested right now, but there's no guarantee that it'll remain that way if people decide to farm that river.

8/10/2009 #6
AspenIvan

DEFORESTATION TIME!!!

8/10/2009 #7
Mindwarp

Alright, I cut the map in half and posted the eastern and western sides. It's not a perfect solution, but it'll work for now and let people read the resource tabs.

8/11/2009 #8
AspenIvan

So, how long should I wait between posts, so long as our nations aren't interacting? Perhaps an hour or two, or would you prefer a day?

8/11/2009 #9
Mindwarp

Considering where they are I think they'll be interesting very soon. They're both fishing at the same spot.

8/11/2009 #10
AspenIvan

Then should I contact you on your nation topic, or do you have a plan to post something in mine?

8/11/2009 #11
Mindwarp

Well I would have posted something by now, if Fictionpress hadn't decided to be a bother.

8/11/2009 #12
AspenIvan

How is it a bother? I haven't had any problems.

8/11/2009 #13
Mindwarp

Eh, I got an error message when I hit submit. It's fine now.

8/11/2009 #14
Evil Minion Number 2

Hello, going to give this style a shot. Sorry if I cause too many problems with it.

I'd also like to bring up a setting idea for the sake of making things interesting. You see, we're in a fantasy setting, so why not have fantasy weather? Fireball rain, zombie fog, etc. I'm not saying bring it in immediately, just as soon as the colonies are established just to make life difficult for them and more interesting for us.

8/12/2009 #15
Mindwarp

If you want there to be fireball rain or something where your people land go ahead. I don't have a problem with it as long as it makes sense (fireball rain in forests might not), and it affects everyone evenly. No mystical weather than just your people are immune to.

8/12/2009 #16
Mindwarp

The map is updated. Look upon the beginnings of colonization. Notice how having a shared map has already put us in an interesting situation.

8/12/2009 #17
AspenIvan

Hey, MW, are you going to be responding on Sci Fi at all?

8/12/2009 #18
Evil Minion Number 2

Of course not! (To both of you.)

8/12/2009 #19
AspenIvan

Hey Minion, nice new avatar! Quite clever.

By the way, are you thinking of joining anytime soon?

8/14/2009 #20
Mindwarp

Yeah, we need at least 3 people really. I'll have to do some recruitment, and if that doesn't work, perhaps some "recruitment".

8/14/2009 #21
AspenIvan

I'm still trying to get Kross back into the scifi nation roleplay, and I have also added requests to join this one. Unfortunately, these are unlikely to be fulfilled until after August 24th, and maybe not until even later.

8/15/2009 #22
Mindwarp

If only Awhilla hadn't disappeared. I'm sure he'd like this setup. It allays some of his biggest complaints. Even though we've only gone a little ways I still count this forum idea a success. Having limited resources is already forcing situations that wouldn't have popped up if everyone started with their own little empire.

8/15/2009 #23
AspenIvan

I was thinking the same thing.

By the way, are you insinuating that you are going to abandon this forum? If so, please reconsider. Even with just us two, I am having some fun, and it looks like evil minion might come along soon. Kross will probably come too, but not for a while. Have patience. :)

8/15/2009 #24
StarGirl5000

I just thought I'd let you guys know I'm lurking :P And I wish you good luck getting this going.

8/15/2009 #25
Mindwarp

No, I don't intend to abandon the forum, and any insinuation would be entirely accidental. I look forward to seeing how our colonies deal with each other.

8/15/2009 #26
AspenIvan

StarGirl! How are you? And how are those posts you owe us on the scifi nation rp coming?

8/15/2009 #27
StarGirl5000

*Guilty look* I knew I shouldn't have shown my face :P Um, the first sentence is saved on a doc. somewhere...

8/16/2009 #28
AspenIvan

=C

Could you please do some good ol' fashioned responding?

8/16/2009 #29
Evil Minion Number 2

I'll join in once I finish getting myself set up as a volunteer at my college's hospital, (They are making me jump through many hoops.) and once I have returned from Mormonville on the 24th. Some call it Utah, but I think my name is more fitting.

8/17/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Mindwarp
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member