New Sovereignty
Lead a colony as it struggles for its place among others in a virgin world.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Mindwarp

Salt Lake City would be mormonville, the state would have to be mormonland. :P

My posting will likely be drastically reduced for some time now that I'm in college. I'll post when I can, but I really need to learn how things are going before I can do much.

8/18/2009 #31
AspenIvan

All understandable, but who will act as moderator while you are semi-inactive? What if new people come to join while you aren't checking?

8/18/2009 #32
Mindwarp

I'll be checking at least. There's some difference between doing that and writing reply paragraphs. I'll also be considering adding another moderator to help out. Whoever it is is going to have to be able to handle GIMP though, or some other art program.

8/18/2009 #33
AspenIvan

I apologize for this, but if GIMP is required, count me out. I'd rather not learn a new program at the moment.))

8/18/2009 #34
Mindwarp

Not necessarily GIMP, but some art program beyond windows paint that can be used to update the map and post it on a regular basis.

8/18/2009 #35
AspenIvan

Same response anyway, sorry :(.

But, I would be willing to do basic administrative tasks such as accepting nations and arbitration of arguments (not involving my own interests). But I think Kross just might know how to use an art program beyond Windows Paint, so maybe he can be your moderator, if he joins.

8/19/2009 #36
Bibliomanzer

Sorry, not to bother anything. But would any of you mind terribly if I joined? I was in the last Nations RP and I sort of neglected to post anything, but I shan't make the same mistake with this forum.

9/2/2009 #37
AspenIvan

Go ahead. That is not a request, but an order :). We have a great demand for newcomers here!

9/2/2009 #38
Mindwarp

Partially our fault, actually. We sort of let the nations RP die due to some issues. This forum is an attempt to correct those issues through some rules modifications. Glad to have you here, anyway.

Although I don't understand what everyone's fascination is with the eastern side of the map. It's like no one wants to leave that one mountain chain. It's going to make diplomacy complicated.

9/2/2009 #39
Mindwarp

Quick question, Bibliomancer. What color do you want your cities and settlements to be? Blue and Red are taken, as you can see.

9/10/2009 #40
Bibliomanzer

If possible, grey. If not grey, brown.

9/10/2009 #41
Mindwarp

The Map is updated. Forgehall and its settlement are on the map, and sandwiched right in between the other two.

9/13/2009 #42
Mindwarp

I will be making a rules change soon, to deal with the regular updating of the map. I'll be upgrading once a month, on the first weekend of the month unless something comes up.

The updates will serve to set a chronological pace for the forum. There's no exactly parallel to time in-game and updates, but each update can be referred to as a "Period", a frame of time. This will mean we'll at least have a sense of when something happened based on which period it happened in. (example: We're currently in the Second Period, since the map's been updated twice).

The growth given per update is not going to be set in stone, but it should be roughly one major change per period, with larger colonies having a bit more leeway for expansion since they have more manpower.

So, before I codify this, any questions or comments?

9/14/2009 #43
AspenIvan

I would like to note that although larger colonies have more manpower, smaller but more technologically or magically apt colonies have their own inherent advantages in production, transportation, and construction.

9/14/2009 #44
Mindwarp

A legitimate point. I suppose a larger colony's advantage is primarily in the size of nation it can support.

Alright, rule of thumb is going to be "one major difference", although the exact rate of growth will be up to the player and circumstance. Since I'll be the one editing the map I'll be able to curtail any absurd growth claims.

9/15/2009 #45
AspenIvan

Agreed.

9/15/2009 #46
KrossVD

Well, I have decided to return, but to this forum only, not Sci-Fi. This is for two main reasons:

1. My time has been extremely constrained recently, which is to be expected with a job, three AP classes as well as a class at the community college on top of Model UN, Mock Trial, the high school newspaper as well as Junior Statesman of America club. Recently things have begun to settle down, but in my experience with Sci-fi to respond takes at least an hour or two, especially with the size its grown to and for me to get caught up it would take my full attention for at least a day.

2. My favorite nation I have ever created has been my Tekron nation, http://www.fictionpress.com/topic/1948/149353/2/ post 56, and although this will not be my nation it will be very similar (no gyrocopters or revolver rifles) but I would like to request that I be allowed to have semi-automatic revolvers.

Expect my nation to show up shortly! :D

9/15/2009 . Edited 9/15/2009 #47
AspenIvan

Good to have you back, Kross! It's been a long time.

9/16/2009 #48
SilverBlueSnow

Thanks for letting me know about the forum change! Anyway, how do you apply to the RP? The application area is locked...

9/17/2009 #49
Mindwarp

Copy the application questions and fill them out in a new thread, titled whatever you want your colony to be called. And welcome to the forum. I'm always glad to have another member.

9/17/2009 #50
SilverBlueSnow

Yeah...you guys seriously do need more members... They'll show up eventually though, Good luck.

9/18/2009 #51
AspenIvan

For all of your information, I will be gone from about 4:00 today until about 2:30 Sunday, at the minimum. I will most-likely respond sometime Sunday night, but may have to wait until Monday. Carry on without me, but don't land any mass-invasions or magical storms into New Survaek while I'm gone. :)

9/18/2009 #52
KrossVD

Silly Aspen, with my nation nearly finished I will launch a mass invasion which will be preceded by my magical storm! BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

9/18/2009 #53
KrossVD

Oh, and should we flag this topic?

9/18/2009 #54
KrossVD

I feel left out all alone here in the west

9/18/2009 #55
crazyconnorthepossumdestroyer

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/scampi/

9/21/2009 #56
Mindwarp

Hey, being alone means you can grab the nice resources for yourself without fighting over them. And the vikings aren't likely to march all the way across the map to pick on your former slaves.

9/21/2009 #57
KrossVD

hey, should we flag the out of topic chat?

9/21/2009 #58
KrossVD

Yes we should, what a good idea Kross

9/22/2009 #59
KrossVD

Why thank you Kross, I thought so myself

9/22/2009 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Mindwarp
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member