New Sovereignty
Lead a colony as it struggles for its place among others in a virgin world.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »
KrossVD

Well your very welcome, you just don't get people being so polite this day and age you know

9/22/2009 #61
KrossVD

Oh I totally know what your talking about

9/22/2009 #62
KrossVD

Well, it's been lovely talking to such an intellectual, but I have to go

9/22/2009 #63
KrossVD

Well I hope we can do it again sometime, have a nice day

9/22/2009 #64
Mindwarp

Kross... Please, don't spam the thread if you don't actually have anything to say. If you're looking for a conversation, perhaps try and find a subject people will plug in on?

9/22/2009 #65
KrossVD

yes, I'm just waiting for ASPEN TO RESPOND, HE SAID HE'D RESPOND AT 9 AND APPRENTLY HE'S JUST WRITING A LONG RESPONSE, I WAS A LITTLE BORED...

9/22/2009 #66
crazyconnorthepossumdestroyer

hi.

9/22/2009 #67
Evil Minion Number 2

'Ello and good night. I'm crashing to sleep now.

9/22/2009 #68
Mindwarp

Ok, I need nation colors from all the new people! Blue, red, and grey are already taken, but all other colors are open for choosing. First come first serve.

9/23/2009 #69
KrossVD

I want green if that's all right

9/23/2009 #70
KrossVD

Oh and since you're editing my map, if you've seen my post my people are planning on building an outpost at (13,4) on the outer edge of the forest. It is built yet, but it's being planned so you may just wanna put it on the map now.

9/23/2009 #71
Mindwarp

Will that be on the river, so that they can travel down it to their city?

9/23/2009 #72
KrossVD

yes it will, but as close to the plain as possible, they will have to craft a large path through the forest to their settlement.

9/23/2009 #73
Mindwarp

Got it. Anyone else?

Oh, and just for your comfort, silver, I'll point out that if crazy wants to attack you he does have to march across a large mountain chain.

9/23/2009 #74

if there's a large mountain chain then how come he was able to find me and report me so easily?

9/23/2009 #75
Mindwarp

I don't know, perhaps there were scouts out and abroad? Have a color preference for your colony?

9/23/2009 #76
AspenIvan

By now, the Survaekom have an embryonic fort at 8-17 (I mentioned this in New Survaek) and the beginnings of some farming villages on that peninsula. They also have some well-developed peasant and woodspeople villages in their already-established territory.

9/23/2009 #77

any color will do. would prefer smiley face dots, but that's probably not an option.

9/23/2009 #78
SilverBlueSnow

Okay first of all, stop referring to me as he.

secondly, I sent those scouts through the mountains, yes, but in the time it took for them to get there was really about a week. This place needs a unified timescale, like I hour=1 day or something like that.

9/24/2009 #79
SilverBlueSnow

And in case anyone notices Emmagirl, I accidentally used my sister's account to respond to crazy's post in Zoso.

9/24/2009 . Edited 9/24/2009 #80
Mindwarp

The problem with a unified timescale is that some things simply take longer. Detailed negotiations or meetings can take weeks, while it only takes one post to march an army somewhere.

9/24/2009 #81

the problem with the hour=1day thing is that sometimes people can't respond in time.

9/24/2009 #82
Evil Minion Number 2

A set time line makes things feel more like a job than a hobby.

Also, he is the closest thing English has to a gender neutral discriptor, next to it, and calling you it would be even more offenseive.

9/24/2009 #83

I say we just as for permitting before we do anything like attacking a city. Obviously we're going to ignore people who keep on drawing it out, but if its within the same day that seems fine.

9/24/2009 #84
Mindwarp

You can also make posts leading up to it too. For example, in your current situation you could make a post in Blue's thread about your army marching through the mountains. That would give her something to respond too, maybe provide opportunities for ambushes or spying while the army's still on route, maybe even defend a mountain pass or something.

9/24/2009 #85
Mindwarp

You know, I can't see the situation at Valbadu ending well. I can just see the Survaekom ambassador spewing something out in his current state.

9/24/2009 #86
AspenIvan

The drunk one is not the ambassador, just his guard and captain of the sapper company exploring the mountains. :)

9/24/2009 #87
Mindwarp

Still, he probably knows some things about Survaek that shouldn't be said. Even if he doesn't, he could end up in a fight or making racial slurs. It doesn't take much to make an incident.

9/24/2009 #88
KrossVD

Yes, and it will be entertaining to watch

9/24/2009 #89
AspenIvan

Well I suppose every big, strong man needs some sort of hubris. :)

9/24/2009 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Mindwarp
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member