New Sovereignty
Lead a colony as it struggles for its place among others in a virgin world.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Mindwarp

This update will be a new thread, due to the large number of players and nations on the map and the necessity of keeping them organized in a place where I can easily check them off. Post your nation expansions here and I'll add them with the map. Remember coordinates and details (since I can't tell if you want a particular settlement on the coast or deeper in a certain square).

I'm also using this post to inform you all of a couple new opportunities. First off, if anyone wants to have their own saved files of the map, icons or whatever to fiddle around with I can send it to you, just provide me an Email address in private messaging. Could be useful if you want to toy around with strategics or mark down all the different territory lines.

Secondly, We're running out of colors on the map, so I have come up with a new and glorious opportunity for those interested. You can now custom make your nation's indicators! If you want to do this, you'll need to make different indicators for: 1. Your Colony's Capital City, 2. Colony Towns, 3. Colony Villages, and 4. Colony Forts (military bases). You can do your icons in Microsoft Paint relatively easily. The Capital City Icon should be 60 pixels by 40, towns and fortresses should be 40x30, and the village icon should be 30x25 pixels. If you want to make custom Icons, just open up Microsoft Paint, shift the screen size to the right dimensions (you can see the pixel dimensions in the bottom right corner), decorate it however you want, and send it to my email address at , and make sure to tell me which nation its for.

Of course, this might be a horrible idea, but I don't have a better one and we're running out of colors, so customize to your heart's content!

10/27/2009 #1
AspenIvan

I have the icons, but I don't believe that email address of your made it into your post.

10/27/2009 #2
Mindwarp

Bother, let's try again. It's

*edit* Hrm, it seems that fictionpress has a block on posting email addresses. Give me a day to figure out a way around it, and in the meantime post your colony expansions.

10/28/2009 . Edited 10/28/2009 #3
Bibliomanzer

Try putting the e-mail address as different words, then just tell us where the @ goes.

10/28/2009 #4
KrossVD

Say what the email address is without the server ((gmail, yahoo, etc.)) and then just tell us what the server is.

10/28/2009 #5
AspenIvan

All expansions have been noted at least twice already and are in my nation info, but I will repeat them nonetheless.

New Survaek has a coastal fortress in construction at the intersection of latitude line 8 and longitude line 17, with more scattered peasant villages popping up in the fertile land below. New Indroie has an iron-mining settlement in the Northwest mountains and a coal-mining outpost on the hill Southwest of Onparle. Also, the Kudaf village, which you already put on the map, is faced on the North side of the river and some miles West.

10/29/2009 #6
awilla the hun

Novos Revantos has been built at 15 across, 12 down. It has expanded to Squares 15 along, 12 downwards (fortified village-corn); 16 along, 12 downwards (fortified village-corn); 16 along, 13 downwards (fortified village-corn); 15 along, 13 downwards (fortified village- corn); 13 along, 13 downwards; 13 along, 11 downwards (fishing grounds); 14 along, 14 downwards (fortified mining complex.)

10/31/2009 #7
Mindwarp

I have sent Aspen a private message with my address on it. If anyone else wants to send the icons let me know and I'll do the same. Otherwise, I suggest you tell me how your country is expanding, since I'm not going to hunt through every thread and post to find it.

10/31/2009 #8
SilverBlueSnow

I am planning on Ashvinau having a few resource villages at 3 x 12 y, 1 x 9 y, and 2x 10 y.

10/31/2009 . Edited 10/31/2009 #9
AspenIvan

Unfortunately, it appears that email addresses are blocked even in private messages.

MW, try just writing the username part without the "at" whatever website part. Then say the website, but without any dot-coms or such.

11/1/2009 #10
Mindwarp

Sorry about the delay, I'm working on the map now. If you haven't posted your expansions, do so. Awhilla, I need a color for Novos Revantos. I'm PMed Aspen with the (new spelled out) address for his icons, and I'll do the same for anyone else who wants to make them. Due to Minion's inactivity Rhone will be gone in the next update. That's another gemstone resource free.

Also, Aspen. Is your coastal fortress back a little from the coast, or did Survaek decide to skirt the treaty line a little and hope the Ivisk don't notice?

11/4/2009 . Edited 11/4/2009 #11
AspenIvan

The latter. :)

11/4/2009 #12
Mindwarp

Sorry about the delay with the maps. It's updated now, and I'll get working on the next one ASAP.

11/15/2009 #13
AspenIvan

THANK YOU MW!!!!

I must say that I am very pleased with your successful incorporation of my icons. Indroie ones will come soon enough.

For the next update, my only requests so far are more homesteads for my Survaekom and more serf villages for my Indroiens extending from already-settled areas.

11/15/2009 #14
AspenIvan

Oh yes, and I would much appreciate if my Iquo town could be on the Southern side of the river, with the Indroien lumber camp on the Northern side and slightly West of the aforementioned town.

11/19/2009 #15
SilverBlueSnow

The Whitefoot have a new village, Mey'at, a little northeast of Kintep. I was also hoping that someone here could discover, or encounter, the Whitefoot again, activity is way down.

11/27/2009 . Edited 11/27/2009 #16
Forum Moderators: Mindwarp
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member