Wyminstown RPG
A strange place called Wyminstown, in the middle of the country. It may appear normal, but Wyminstown is anything but. It seems to have a strange habit of coughing up people who seem confused about what year it is. Private RP
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

"Hades finally decided to give me a break," Lucian gestured towards the portraits. "And I spent the past three days down here looking at these pictures."

"Um...why?" Alex said incredulously.

"The hell I know! I just got stuck down here. And it's weird, because sometimes they talk to me!" Lucian shuddered slightly.

Lucida frowned. "They talk to you? How?"

Lucian shrugged. "Eh. I don't really question these things."

11/28/2009 #91
Aoide Mnemosyne

"So are they all your relatives, Lucian?" asked Suntha, walking slowly by the paintings.

"Ugh, I'm glad the paintings dad has don't talk. They're so depressing, you'd a goddamn self-help book just to make it through the rest fo the day," chuckled Alastair, cocking his head to one side.

11/29/2009 #92
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

Lucian shook his head. "Not all of them. Most of them are from the other families who ruled before the Haydes clan. And most of them hurled insults at me from afar, which I found very amusing," he grinned.

"Wipe that sneer off your face, zukkon!" A portrait of a man with a scowl in his face yelled, making Renny jump back.

"Did he just call you a hobo?!" Alex giggled.

Her father laughed as well. "Zukkon: a worthless, filthy peasant. So you could say it means 'hobo', too."

11/29/2009 #93
Aoide Mnemosyne

Suntha chuckled at Renny's expression, turning to look at the other paintings. "They're rather loud, aren't they?"

"You know, Sun, that might not be the best thing to say, since they've probably cursed the place so whoever says that will be burnt to a crisp," said Alastair reasonably.

11/29/2009 #94
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

Lucian shook his head. "Nah. If that were the case, Al, then I'd be fried chicken by now. They're just angry because...well, their souls are stuck in the paintings as a form of punishment."

Malcolm materiallized out of thin air. "I left a note for him, since he wasn't at his home when I arrived."

"YOU!" Another painting, this one of a red-haired female, shrieked. "Begone, filthy half-breed! I can smell your foul stench from here!"

"Mm-hmm..." Malcolm paid little attention to her insult and focused instead on Suntha. "So how are you enjoying your sight?"

11/29/2009 #95
Aoide Mnemosyne

"Can she really smell when she's a painting?" Alastair muttered, eyeing the red-haired woman.

Suntha made a face at her brother, then turned to grin at Malcolm. "It's wonderful. All of these new colors; before I only ever saw reds, whites and oranges from the heat being cast from people's auras," she took a step toward him, frowning slightly. "Huh. I didn't think you'd be so good-looking." She blushed suddenly. "Er, sorry Malcolm, for some reason I keep speaking exactly what I'm thinking," she looked down, horrified with herself.

(lol I want to keep her the same old embarrassed Suntha even when she's not blind!)

11/29/2009 #96
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

(lol too cute.^^)

Malcolm sweat-dropped. "I'll take that as a compliment. And it's fine to speak whatever's on your mind, so long as it's good. This is your chance to explore."

Renny nodded. "I agree! Now...is there any food down here?"

Lucian conjured a plate of shredded turkey and handed it to Renny. He glanced at Suntha. "Once you're done exploring, I'd like to examine you for your 'condition'."

11/30/2009 #97
Aoide Mnemosyne

Still blushing, Suntha looked up at Lucian. "I'm done. We can do it now," her voice quavered nervously. Alastair squeezed her shoulder reassuringly, and she smiled back at him.

11/30/2009 #98
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

"All right! Let's get out of this miserable place!" Lucian snapped his fingers and transported them to a courtyard similar to the one he had trained Alastair in. The Haydes children dug into the food Renny was holding as their father gestured for Suntha to sit down. "It's best if you're relaxed. I'm going to draw a Protection Circle around you so no one gets hurt, just in case you go berserk."

11/30/2009 #99
Aoide Mnemosyne

Suntha nodded silently, and sat down gracefully, looking up at Lucian. "What next?"

11/30/2009 #100
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

Lucian spoke as he pricked his finger and etched a circle of symbols around her. "Once the area is secured, I'll use a special technique to delve into your subconscious. First I'll check the area responsible for primal instincts, and if that's not the cause, I'll just keep looking elsewhere. I might have to probe into some of your more private thoughts and/or memories, but don't worry because I won't stay there long. If your subconscious isn't the answer, I'll scan your Aura signature and physical body. I estimate it'll take about an hour or so." He finished drawing the circle and used the cut on his finger to mark Suntha's forehead, then pressed the heel of his palm against it. "Ready?"

11/30/2009 #101
Aoide Mnemosyne

Suntha nodded, closing her eyes. "Ready." Alastair watched from a distance, frowning.

12/1/2009 #102
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

(Okay, so, Lucian's going to transport himself into Suntha's mind like it's an alternate dimension. XD How about he gets attacked by this shadowy force while he's probing around?)

Lucida offered Alastair a bowl of grapes. "Want some?"

Lucian placed both hands on Suntha's head and sent in a steady stream of his Aura, so that their minds merged together. Within a few seconds he found himself floating in a pitch-black space. He sent out a command so that the area around him was lit with a soft golden light, and began reaching out with his own thoughts to look into the far back of Suntha's mind.

Malcolm yawned. "I'm out of here." He vanished.

((To Ollison Apt.))

12/1/2009 . Edited 12/1/2009 #103
Aoide Mnemosyne

(*nods* Mkay :P)

Alastair smiled gratefully, taking a couple and popping them into his mouth.

Inside Suntha's mind, something seemed to shift and move around Lucian. A shadow flitted past, almost a trick of the eye.

12/1/2009 #104
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

Lucian paused and looked around warily. Suntha, he called out. Are you sure you aren't keeping anyone else in here?

12/1/2009 #105
Aoide Mnemosyne

I don't k- before she could go on, there was a screech, and something dark and heavy knocked over Lucian, then disappeared faster than it came, leaving a dank smell in it's wake. It flitted around like smoke, and equally uncatchable.

12/2/2009 #106
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

Lucian scrambled back to his feet. Crap! I think I found the source of your problem. He cautiously walked towards the figure. "Does this thing communicate?"

12/2/2009 #107
Aoide Mnemosyne

There was no reply from the young woman. The silence hung ominously in the air. Blackness seemed to cover everything, a thick, suffocating force that was drawing nearer on all sides toward Lucian, almost hungrily edging toward him.

12/3/2009 #108
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

Lucian yelped and struggled to pull himself out of Suntha's mind. "The hell...is this?!"

Outside, Lucida noticed Lucian's expression turn into one of pain. She quickly conjured a baseball bat and whacked it into his head. "WAKE UP!"

Lucian howled in pain, and finally managed to pull out. He whirled around to glare at Lucida. "Though that was effective, it still hurt!"

Lucida smiled apologetically. "Did you find anything?"

"As a matter of fact, I did," he sighed. "It's worse than I thought. I need a while to come up with a strategy."

Renny walked over to Suntha and felt her head gingerly. "Sunny, are you okay? Do you hurt anywhere?"

12/3/2009 #109
Aoide Mnemosyne

The young woman made no answer, nor moved at all. Her eyes were open, but somehow empty, without any real person behind them. She sat motionless as a maniquin as Renny felt her head. Dark clouds had formed the lenses of her eyes.

12/4/2009 #110
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

"Oh no," Renny said, alarmed. "Dad, she..."

Lucian knelt in front of Suntha. He wiped the marking off her forehead and sent a telepathic message to her. Anyone in there? Anyone?

12/5/2009 #111
Aoide Mnemosyne

A heavy silence greeted his call, the kind that blots out any sound, as if one was in a heavy fog. Alastair walked toward his sister, alarmed. "What's wrong with her?"

12/5/2009 #112
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

"No idea. I'll have to go back in again." Lucian closed his eyes and transported himself back into Suntha's mind. He immediately found the source of the problem; the black cloud was expanding, forming a barrier. "God, this thing is getting annoying. Finite umbra lucisia!" He shot a beam of light at the cloud, evaporating it. The light condensed into a floating sphere that lit up the area. "Suntha, come out! I don't know how long that thing'll be gone, but you have to gain control before it comes back!"

12/6/2009 #113
Aoide Mnemosyne

There was a deep breath. "I'm here," came Suntha's voice from all around, breathless, as if she had been smothered by the thing. "Okay, control..." a blue light formed around the ball, condensing it further until it was only a speck. "That's the best I can do."

12/6/2009 #114
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

"Good enough!" Lucian pulled out. He shook his head, trying to clear the sudden ringing in his ears.

"Is she okay?" Renny said anxiously.

Lucian shrugged. "I don't know."

12/6/2009 #115
Aoide Mnemosyne

"I-I'm fine," Amalsuntha said suddenly, blinking once. The fogginess was gone from her eyes, and she was completely alert. She stood up, betraying the wear on her body by wobbling slightly, leaning on Renny.

12/6/2009 #116
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

Renny sighed in relief and hugged her. He glanced at Lucian. "Did you find anything?"

"Yes! I know that there's some sort of demonic entity inside her that's preventing me from accessing any memories." Lucian smiled. "I'll have to get Saffron to check her; he's much better at this stuff than I am. But for now, you can rest."

12/6/2009 #117
Aoide Mnemosyne

"Mmph," Suntha muttered into Renny's chest tiredly, wrapping her arms around his waist. Alastair chuckled slightly, relieved that his sister was back to her usual self.

12/6/2009 #118
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

Lucida clapped her hands. "Wonderful. Can we go now?"

"Sure, sure..." Lucian opened up a portal. Alex and Lucida immediately jumped through. Renny carried Suntha.

((To Ollison Apt))

12/6/2009 #119
Aoide Mnemosyne

Alastair followed them silently.

((To Ollison Apt.))

12/6/2009 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Aoide Mnemosyne XxXPsychic MoonXxX
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member