Wyminstown RPG
A strange place called Wyminstown, in the middle of the country. It may appear normal, but Wyminstown is anything but. It seems to have a strange habit of coughing up people who seem confused about what year it is. Private RP
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Aoide Mnemosyne

Three apartments in one house. The first, and top floor, belongs soley to Alastair, and is where he currently resides. Several large, many-paned windows cover the East and West sides of the house, while the North and South remain bare except for one small window in the downstairs kitchen. Each apartment has two bedrooms, a kitchen, a bathroom, a living room and a study.

5/8/2010 #1
Aoide Mnemosyne

((From Ollison Apt.))

Alastair sat in his car for several minutes after he pulled into the driveway, calming down. He was upset, but he HAD learned some amount of control from having to deal with idiots at the company all day. There was just something about Drako that infuriated him, maybe because he had taken Lucida away from him, he didn't know, though a small voice nagged at the back of his mind that he let Drako take her. He let out an exasperated sigh, walking into his apartment. One of his tenants, a young woman his age named Amelia, stuck her head out of the kitchen to smile at him. "Hi Alastair! I'm making guacamole, want some?"

The man paused, about to say no, then grinned back. "Sure. I've had kind of a rough day."

6/22/2010 #2
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

((From Ollison Apt.))

Lucida approached the door and paused for a moment. She was worried that Alastair might blow up in her face, but it was certainly worth a try. She knocked on the door three times. "Al?" She called. "It's me, Lucida."

Meanwhile, Drako hid himself behind a tree. His sensitive ears would be able to pick up anything exchanged as he watched intently.

6/22/2010 #3
Aoide Mnemosyne

Alastair glanced up from the guacamole he was helping Amelia to prepare, towards the doorway, where he heard Lucida's call. He stepped back with a half sigh, half groan. He rubbed the bridge of his nose, then straightened up, walking slowly towards the doorway, pausing, then opening it slowly. He leaned on the doorframe, crossing his arms. "What can I do for you, Lucida?" his voice was calm and careful.

6/22/2010 #4
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

"I...um..." Lucida's eyes flickered away for a second, before she fixed her gaze on the young man's face. "I wanted to apologize. It was wrong of me to suddenly turn up in your life again, after all, I hadn't contacted you in a month. I guess I got arrogant and assumed you'd welcome me back with open arms. If you still don't want me around, that's okay." She smiled slightly. "But I assure you, there's not much going on between me and Drako--hardly anything worth mentioning, at least."

At this, Drako's eyes narrowed. So that's how it is...He gritted his teeth and his fingers made a few dents on the bark of the tree, but he didn't move from his spot.

6/22/2010 #5
Aoide Mnemosyne

A small frown appeared on Alastair's face, but he nodded anyway as she talked. "Apology accepted," he half-smiled. "Don't feel bad about it, Lu. We're just going different directions in our lives, we can't help it anymore. Plus- it was kind of inevitable," he grinned. "We're like water and oil; no matter how hard you try, you just can't have us stay together. Anyhow, thanks for the apology. I'll see you later, okay?" he stood up now, the picture of friendliness.

(lol, back!)

6/22/2010 . Edited 6/22/2010 #6
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

(Yayz! XD)

"Okay," Lucida beamed. She clasped him on the shoulder briefly before turning, but then she stiffened. "Oh boy..."

Drako had finally moved away from his hiding place and now stood ten feet away, his expression livid. Lucida raised an eyebrow. "How long've you been standing there?"

"Long enough," he spat. His gaze flickered to Alastair and back to Lucida. A smile twisted on his face. "But this is good news for me. It's only right for you to give up on her, human brat. A princess as fine as she...what good would come from a relationship with you?"

Lucida facepalmed. "God. You're acting like a kid."

(lol I'm attempting to make Drako sound annoying...is it working? XD)

6/22/2010 #7
Aoide Mnemosyne

(Alastair: GOD, yes. *growls*)

Alastair raised an eyebrow as Drako snarled at him, almost amused. "I don't know, Drako," he strolled over to the Pyronite, getting close enough to be viewed as aggressive, looking him straight in the eye. "But I do know," he punched the other man in the face, twisting his arms behind his back painfully and whispering into his ear. "-that you should leave. Right now." He let go of Drako, still calm and self-assured-looking.

"Alastair, what's going on?" The young man looked around in surprise to see Amelia in the doorway, looking confused.

"S***," he muttered. "It's nothing, Amelia. I'll be there in just a minute," he smiled to reassure her, and she nodded slowly, seeming to understand something.

(sorry I vanished, I got distracted by facebook XDD)

6/22/2010 #8
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

(Eh, it's okay. I'm watching The Incredibles on YouTube.^^)

Lucida glanced at Amelia. "Oh, hello. You're a friend of Al's?"

Drako took a step back from Alastair, rubbing his wrists with a small grimace. Though the punch to the face had left a bruise, it was rapidly fading. He smirked. "You're a lot stronger than you look. Are you sure you're human?...But it doesn't really matter." With blinding speed, he landed two swift blows to Al's face. His hand shot towards Al's neck, but was blocked by Lucida's firm grip.

The female Pyronite released Drako's arm and he backed off. "No fighting!" She said angrily. "You're being stupid. Just leave."

Drako cursed, but smiled. "Alright. I'll leave...but I'll be sure to kick his a** later." His eyes narrowed. "What do you say, human brat? I challenge you to a duel. If you decline my offer, I have other ways of convincing you..." His gaze turned to Amelia for a split second, and his smile widened, fangs gleaming.

(Oooh he's aiming below the belt, ain't he? XDD)

6/22/2010 #9
Aoide Mnemosyne

(XD Yep.)

The roar from Alastair came out half bellow, half snarl, and his blue eyes narrowed into fiery slits. His canines, already longer than normal humans, seemed to sharpen, though perhaps it was a trick of the fading light. "You will die before you touch anyone else," he hissed, every muscle in his body tense, ready to fight. He shuddered, trying to regain some control over himself as he stared down the Pyronite, purple bruises blossoming sickeningly on his cheekbones, and a trail of blood leaked from his nose.

(Why do I have the feeling they won't end up as a couple? lol, Amelia is too nice, and too smart to date someone as whiny as Drako.)

6/22/2010 #10
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

(Omg you're right...but once Al is through with him, his ego should be small enough to be a good enough guy for Amelia. XD)

"Hey now," Lucida said cautiously. "Drako, think about it. Do you honestly want to make a full-on brawl out of this?"

"Of course. He dared to touch me with his filthy hands!" Drako licked his lips. "I may take that as a yes, then? We can meet two weeks from now at the park. I suggest you bring a good doctor." He gave one last threatening look to Amelia, and then turned and strode off. ((To...somewhere XD))

Lucida sighed and turned to face Alastair. "You okay? Lemme fix that," she placed a hand to his face, and the bruises started to vanish.

6/22/2010 #11
Aoide Mnemosyne

(Well..maybe. lol Perhaps for once we WON'T hook up the two leftover characters?)

Alastair growled quietly, like a dog with it's hackles still up, staring at the place where Drako had disappeared. When Lucida was done, he sighed, touching her hands softly with one of his, about to say something, then pulled back, a deep frown set on his face. "Thank you," his voice was surprisingly quiet, and his eyes were heartbreaking as he looked at her. "Would you like to come inside? I think Amelia would like to meet you," he smiled gingerly.

6/22/2010 #12
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

(Hmm...then maybe Drako could get with Vanessa or something? Or maybe Alex. Poor Alex--she's been abandoned. XDD)

"Certainly," Lucida smiled back. She still felt concerned over Drako, but managed to hide it well. She walked back up the driveway and stepped inside, gazing around. "This place is pretty nice."

6/22/2010 #13
Aoide Mnemosyne

Alastair smiled, closing the door quietly after her, doing a half-bow. "My own personal kingdom. Well, sort of. The top floor is, anyhow. The two bottom floors belong to my tenants. The only way I managed to buy this place was because the old owner had died in his vacation home in Aruba, and his son is my boss," his eyes glittered with amusement as he led her into the kitchen, where Amelia sat at the table, looking perplexed. She looked around when they entered, and leapt up, splashing coffee over the table. "Al, who was that guy?! Oh, s***." She hurried around the table to the cupboard, but the man had beaten her to it, and was already sweeping a dishcloth over the spilled brown liquid that had started dripping onto the floor.

He laughed quietly, steadying her fidgeting by placing a hand on her own. "Amelia? Can you do something for me?" he asked.

She nodded, biting her lip and brushing her mahogany-colored hair from her face. "Yeah. And I already know you're going to tell me to chill," she grinned suddenly.

"Exactly," Alastair said. They both laughed, and accidentally bumped into each other as they walked in opposite directions. "S***, Al, you have bony elbows," she winced, but a giggle escaped her throat as she rubbed her sore arm.

"Sorry," he smiled sheepishly.

"Anyway," she coughed, trying to bring some seriousness to their conversation. "I'm Amelia, Alastair's tenant," she said to Lucida, who she appeared to have only just remembered, much to her embarrassment. "You must be Lucida. He's mentioned you a couple times," she smiled, holding out her hand to the Pyronite."

6/23/2010 #14
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

"He has, huh?" Lucida shook her hand, a grin forming on her lips. "Well, I hope he hasn't said anything too terrible. Oh, and sorry about that business that just happened outside. Male Pyronites can be pretty damn volatile." She laughed. "It's pretty funny sometimes."

6/23/2010 #15
Aoide Mnemosyne

(I'll respond in just a couple minutes, my bro is makin me do dishes -_-')

6/23/2010 #16
Aoide Mnemosyne

Amelia frowned politely. "Um, excuse me? Pyronite?" she looked back and forth to Alastair and Lucida, confused at the unfamiliar word. Alastair shot Lucida a dark glance, then turned back to Amelia. "It's Lucida's word for 'a***', she made it up when she was a little kid so her parents wouldn't understand her. She still uses it sometimes," he improvised smoothly, smiling brightly.

The young woman chuckled. "Ah, I see. And no, Alastair's been a perfect gentleman the whole time I've been here."

Alastair stuck out his tongue at Lucida, making Amelia laugh. "See? I'm a grownup now," he winked.

6/23/2010 #17
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

"Ah..." Lucida repressed the urge to smack herself. So he hasn't introduced her to "that world"...does that mean they're not that close yet? She cleared her throat. "Gee, Al. I thought you'd stay a kid forever. But apparently even you have to grow. Er, anyway..." she looked sheepishly at Amelia. "I'm sort of hungry..."

6/23/2010 #18
Aoide Mnemosyne

Amelia brightened at the prospect of feeding her guest, and stood up, walking over to the stove and pulling out a pan of enchiladas, smiling. "I would love to have you for dinner-" Alastair disguised his laugh as a sudden cough attack, which Amelia raised an eyebrow at, but otherwise ignored it. "I've made plenty of enchiladas. The ones on the right are meat, on the left vegetarian."

"That'd be great, thanks, Lia. And I picked up some horror flick on the way back from work, Hostel or something like that. It had that actor you like so much, Eli Roth or whatever," he said, grinning and waving a movie. I'll get it set up. Lucy, could you help my lovely tenant with the plates?" he raised an eyebrow as he trotted off to the living room.

6/23/2010 #19
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

"Certainly," Lucida got up and pulled out a few plates, filling hers with meaty enchiladas (Pyronites hate veggies, lol). "Oh, um, do you mind if I make something of my own? I'm a pretty decent chef."

6/23/2010 #20
Aoide Mnemosyne

(lol Amelia's a vegetarian XD)

"Not at all," said Amelia, plopping a veggie enchilada on her place, tucking the bowl of guacamole under one arm, and biting the top of the torilla chip bag, carrying it all out to the living room, which made Alastair guffaw at the sight.

"Jesus, did she stuff you or what?" he asked, relieving her of the chip bag and sitting down on the couch.

"No," Amelia rolled her eyes good-naturedly. "Be nice, Mr. Diovanni." As she sat down next to him, Alastair's arm habitually laid across the back of the couch. "A horror flick, huh?"

Alastair nodded. "Yep." There was a pause, and he looked nervous. "Wait- you do like horror, don't you?"

Amelia grinned. "I love it."

6/23/2010 #21
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

Lucida peeked at the couple on the couch and shook her head amusedly. "At least she's his own species this time." She summoned a cauldron out of thin air and started tossing things into it as it sizzled.

(Oooh...Lucy's cookin' up something suspicious. XD I'm not even sure what it is!)

6/23/2010 #22
Aoide Mnemosyne

I heard that, Alastair's voice sounded in her head. And it's not what you think, she's just my friend. She's my tenant, for christ's sake. There came several loud screams from the television.

6/23/2010 #23
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

Suuure she is, Al. Sure. Lucida laughed to herself. The cauldron started to glow. "Ooh, it's ready!" It tipped over and poured three glasses of foaming green liquid. She snapped her fingers and the cauldron vanished. She carried the glasses into the living room and seated herself in between Alastair and Amelia. "Drink up--it's a specialty of mine," she smiled sweetly.

6/23/2010 #24
Aoide Mnemosyne

Amelia looked at Lucida curiously, taking one of the glasses and sniffing the liquid. "What is it?" she asked.

Alastair rolled his eyes, quite suspicious of any drink that Lucida make in a cauldron. "You got me."

The woman, poked him with one long finger. "I wasn't asking you."

6/23/2010 #25
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

"I don't really have a name for it. But it's a nice blend of some fruits and vegetables I found, with some spices I had on thrown in. It's pretty good," Lucida took a swig, downing half of her glass in one gulp.

(Wagh, I g2g now. Byez!^^)

6/23/2010 #26
Aoide Mnemosyne

(Okeh, see ya tomorrow :P Byez. I'll also answer tomorrow, cuz ish sleepy ^__^)

6/23/2010 #27
Aoide Mnemosyne

(Dega, where did you go o.o?)

7/4/2010 #28
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

(I'm aliveeeeee!! Wah, so sorry! O_O I thought summer vacation would leave me with more time, but apparently not. Yarghhh. Anyway, hopefully things will be better now...)

8/2/2010 #29
Aoide Mnemosyne

(Um, wow. XD)

8/2/2010 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Aoide Mnemosyne XxXPsychic MoonXxX
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member