Icy Lytherians RPG
An RPG created to help better develop the characters in a large collaborated fic. Not for the public, created solely for private use, sorry.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
HaveYouNoMercy

Where a lot of emo and angst happens. Also known as Illunia, this is a beautifully dangerous world with equally so people.

Beware of the crown family, there's many secrets and broodery surrounding them.

9/9/2009 #1
coffeexlatte

Noriko sniffed to herself. She never had planned on using the Stellar Subway--with her powers, she could have just walked straight through the atmosphere. It wouldn't have been her fault that Katou hadn't been born with the immunity to gravitational pressure and lack of air.

But noo, Roku-nii just had to-

Roku-nii. Noriko froze. Had he heard everything? Noriko gave Rokurou a quiet glance, nudging his hand questioningly. The query was clear in her eyes: had he heard?

She focused her attention back on the gates. Katou was still here--it wasn't the time to talk about such matters with Roku-nii. Speaking of Katou...Noriko nodded her head. The dress would do. It wasn't as fancy as her own, or as long, or flowy, or simply feminine and screaming royalty, but...it would do. A pale sage green halter dress, form fitting and reaching the knees.

She faced the large--impossibly so, so high that she couldn't even see the top--gates that surrounded the entire Illunia Empire, with a grin of relish. The walk-in was always a grand feat. She walked up, and faced the main guard, a man dressed stiffly in starch, pure white clothing. Not a bad-looking one--then again, every being of Illunian heritage was extremely attractive.

The guard glanced at her out of the corner of his eyes; who was this girl that dared to approach the gates of the hailed Illunia so easily-

Wait.

Could that be?

No, it was certain, the Princessa was on Earth at this moment and-

"Open the gates," Noriko commanded, a ring of finality in her demand. She gave a sharp glare to the guard, who gasped in shock. That face...it was the Princessa!

Noriko contained a small shiver of excitement. She loved this part, every time...

"R-Right away, My Lady!" The guard saluted and touched his palm against the large padlock that hung on a chain of crystal ivy on the gates. It loosened immediately in a flash of brilliant light, and the gates swung forward surprisingly easily for something of its size.

Glancing back at Katou and Rokurou as a gesture to follow, Noriko strode into the realm.

-

Buildings made of alabaster white material, that glowed from its very core; a substance only found in the mines of Illunia. Ornate details carved into each archway, each step, each spiral-shaped roof of the most beautiful crystal. Windows, shined to perfection, gleaming in the morning sun (Earth time differed from Illunia's own time). Clean, litter-free sidewalks paved throughout the village the decorated the first step inside Illunia's gated walls, grass that shimmered with a pearly tinge. Fluffy white clouds in the horizon, trees with glass leaves and sparkling fruit and the richest of brown trunks.

And the people...the most beautiful (not exactly the nicest, or the most physically gifted, or open, though) race in Lytheria, the Illunians. Hair spun the color of gold, sapphire, ruby, and emerald; not yellow, blue, red, and green--they possessed the locks of gem colors, shining in the light this way and that. Gray eyes--not quite silver, like the crown family, but hazy gray eyes, renowned throughout Lytheria--and lithe bodies and slender noses and high cheekbones. All of them, all, stopping from their daily activities to stop and murmur and burst into cheers for her, Adrienne/Noriko. And perhaps the familiar face of Roku-nii. Perhaps.

And how did these slightly self-absorbed (all right, all right, Noriko yielded; so, very selfish and narcissist-ish) realize that she was the crown princess? The large, gleaming scythe she held in one hand may have been an indicator--it was the weapon that was passed down to each generation's heir. Or it might have been the way her silver eyes, not gray, danced in the sun. Or it might even have been the way she was trailed closely by a small portion of the gate guards. Or, perhaps some of the older people recognized Roku-nii's familiar form and went, 'Ahh, the one person that noble of the sand-nation would willingly follow is the noble of the Enchanted realm.'

A carriage Noriko had requested earlier on the Stellar Subway on a phone call home now stopped in front of the three. Noriko turned around to face the other two. She grinned easily at Katou. "This is why I still stay in this place. Coming?"

9/9/2009 #2
AquaJet

Katou couldn't believe Noriko managed to get her into a dress. Katou's face was red as a tomato. It was probably the fanciest, prettiest, and most extravagant dress she wore in her entire life. She wore baggy clothing, commoners clothes. Now here she was, back into royalty and back to the noble attire.

'I knew it...Darn you, Noriko...' Katou dreaded her dress. The length was too low and she felt too open.

When she entered the realm, she immediately thought of one thing. 'Sparkles...the people just sparkle...' At first, it was pretty but that faded away as she saw the looks on people's eyes - the ones that wanted something out of Noriko.

"I still don't see it." Katou stated bluntly. She followed Noriko anyway, trying her best not to rip off her clothes and steal someone elses.

((Off to bed, night~))

9/9/2009 #3
HaveYouNoMercy

At the feeling of the subtle nudge, Rokurou just stared steadily ahead. After a pause, he took her hand in his and gave it the tiniest squeeze before letting it go again. That should've told enough.

In the meantime, he had switched to his regal clothes as well. Well, calling them clothes would be a bit of stretch, but this was Rokurou. He dressed whatever the fuck he wanted to dress like, and nothing was going to stop him.

His long stainlessly white robe that reached down to his ankles (quite like the leopard print he had had on when he first met Akutsu) flowed behind him like a long white tail. His dark grey jeans were mandatory in every outfit that he wore, as was his newly bought black shoes. Holding himself with more pride and posture than usual, the ring that flashed brightly against his bare chest indicated the true evidence that he was indeed no longer Ichirou Rokurou, he was instead Rokurou IV of the sand nation.

As he stepped into the carriage, he glanced out the windows aimlessly. A simple Illunian was walking innocently with a billowing red scarf, and he felt himself stiffen, and then relax. Red, the colour of blood, passion, and-

No. He was already too deep in his fucking past, he didn't need anything more. Turning his head away, he stared at Katou. It alerted him that she might be suspected under certain circumstances.

"If anyone asks," He pressed a finger onto her cheek. "You're with me." Burning a temporary tatto of a rose petal onto where he had placed his finger, he sat back and relaxed. The rose petal tattoo had always been an indication of a lover, someone in connection with a noble. It was often dismissed and said to be normal around nobles, and usually there would be a noble with several girls around him, all sprouting the identical tattoo.

Of course, he'd never tell her that. He was just trying to keep the chaos and questions to a minimum. Of course, with Noriko, that was pretty much fucking impossible.

9/10/2009 #4
coffeexlatte

Noriko's eyes widened to comical sizes when she saw the rose petal that blossomed on Katou's cheek. She turned her bewildered gaze upon Rokurou before promptly bursting into laughter. Katou obviously couldn't know what it meant--she'd left the nobles' world too long ago to know. Really; one could leave it up to Roku-nii to take the, ah, more interesting way, just to stay away from prying eyes!

Noriko quickly hushed, though. She was still miffed at Roku-nii, she recalled. How could he have talked to her of shame when she'd merely been meaning to help him? Hmph.

Tossing her nose in the air, head upturned, Noriko pushed past Rokurou rather roughly and walked out of the carriage as it halted to a stop. She rolled her eyes at the hospital--of course, the damn woman just had to choose the one Dante had worked in. God, that-

"Addy!" Noriko narrowed her eyes and turned to glare at the soft, rather hoarse voice that called in that horrid nickname.

Father. Dressed in all his white-robe glory, lined with pure silver fur, and bearing jewelry of the finest of moondrips. Of course he'd come out in such attire when he so-claimed that that woman was dying. Hmph.

"Father," Noriko curtsied pleasantly enough, scythe now gone from her hands, banished to another storage-realm. Her eyes, however, contained a trace of disgust for the man who now jogged towards her, carrying a scepter in one hand with a team of guards following closely behind.

"Oh, Addy, I'm so glad you're here--your mother, she-" Noriko's father enveloped her in a shaky hug, and Noriko rolled her eyes.

Carelessly, she pushed him away. "She's not my mother. She's your wife. I'm only here for formalities--I honestly don't care about what happens to the witch. Though I suppose the next wife will be even younger than her?" Noriko drawled, inspecting her nails.

Noriko's father, face red with anger, raised his scepter to point directly at her nose. "Gods, Addy, I knew it, I never should have sent you to that damn world! You just get worse by the day! I could only wish Dante was here-"

Noriko glared. "You don't have a right to speak of Dante. Not when you're practically paying for him to stay away from home, no."

Noriko's father grew even redder, expression burning with contempt. He pushed his scepter towards Noriko. "I've told you time and time again to quit it with that silly story of yours, Adrienne-!"

((I'm planning something hilarious for the woman's sickness...XD))

9/10/2009 #5
AquaJet

Katou didn't have a clue to why Rokurou touched her cheek. She thought it was the first time he'd ever touched her and ten, when she saw her reflection, there was a small tattoo of a rose petal. Katou smiled. It looked so cute but she wondered why Rokurou did that.

"Thanks for the cute tatoo, Rokurou." Katou beamed at him, still unknowing of the true meaning.

When they finally reached the hospital, everything once again seemed so grand. 'I heard this place was great...but everything just looks...so pretty.' Katou noted that almost everything sparkled. It was all weird and foreign to her but she managed. She acted noble, maybe a bit out-dated, but still able to blend in.

"Addy!"

Katou turned her head towards the voice. "Another sparkly person...?" Katou whispered out loud. There were way too many people dressed nicely but then again, it was the 'noble' people. 'I want my normal clothes...' Katou thought.

"Father,"

Katou's eyes widened a bit. She took back what she said and stayed quiet through the rest of Noriko's conversation with her father. Katou would've cut in and school Noriko's father 'commoner' style. But she was in Nobility, she had to follow their rules where everyone was 'civil'.

"I've told you time and time again to quit it with that silly story of yours, Adrienne-!"

Now he was aiming a weapon at his own daughter. Katou fought back her strong urge to attack. She knew she couldn't do anything. In this place, she wasn't known well and even if she did state her rightful name, she never 'legally' claimed it again.

9/10/2009 #6
HaveYouNoMercy

Rokurou did his best to ignore Noriko's taunting looks all throughout the ride, as well as the miffed ones that were occasionally sent his way. She was just too fucking complicated, that girl. Preferring to stare out the window, he wondered what he was going to do to that bastard Akutsu when he got back home.

As they arrived at the hospital, a feeling of uneasiness swept over him. Almost as if there was something warning him not to leave the carriage.

The minute he got out of that carriage, his mind took quite a beating. Why was he here? Why the fuck did he come back? All at once, he felt suffocated, unable to breathe. He wanted to leap back into the carriage and ride anywhere far, far away from here. This wasn't where he belonged, why had he even fucking followed Noriko here? This... was hell. Pure, bloody, hell. The thing that disgusted him the most, however, was how well he hid these emotions. He was just as stone faced as he was 5 minutes ago in the safety of the carriage. He was a true noble, and nothing he ever did would ever change it.

Snapping back to reality, he found himself glaring at the spectacle that was Noriko's (he always had liked her human name better, it signalled her abscence from the noble world) father. His hand unconciously fisting into a ball, he held back the roaring demons of his anger. He had never shown it fully before, and he had no intention to. Although, if anyone was to bring it out, then it would certainly be the man in front of him.

When her father pointed his scepter at her, however, he couldn't just stand there anymore.

"Didn't your mother ever tell you it wasn't polite to point?" If anything, his voice was even more condescending and colder than normal. Stepping forward, he stared down at the shorter man.

"Why don't you shut up for once in your worthless little life? Do you enjoy picking on people so much to the extent of even pointing a weapon at your own daughter?" His eyes burned icily. "Or is it that you think that that's a way to discipline her?" Looming over him, it truly looked like David vs. Goliath. Rokurou took a glance at the guards assembled behind the king, all cowered in fear. Scoffing, he shook his head. "Pathetic. The whole lot of you."

"And don't you dare touch me." He glowered fiercely at the sweating king who had put a hand in front of his chest in defence. Brushing past him, he looked back at Noriko and Katou.

"What the fuck are you waiting for?" Grabbing Katou's arm, he dragged her into the hospital. He knew Noriko wasn't finished with her father, and it would've been best to keep it private. Their relationship, if you could even call it that, was fucking messed up enough already.

9/11/2009 #7
coffeexlatte

"Didn't your mother ever tell you it wasn't polite to point?" If anything, his voice was even more condescending and colder than normal. Stepping forward, he stared down at the shorter man.

Noriko pursed her lips and looked away. She didn't know why Roku-nii even bothered with the man.

"Why don't you shut up for once in your worthless little life? Do you enjoy picking on people so much to the extent of even pointing a weapon at your own daughter?" His eyes burned icily. "Or is it that you think that that's a way to discipline her?" Looming over him, it truly looked like David vs. Goliath. Rokurou took a glance at the guards assembled behind the king, all cowered in fear. Scoffing, he shook his head. "Pathetic. The whole lot of you."

Noriko sighed. Roku-nii would always be Roku-nii, she supposed.

"And don't you dare touch me." He glowered fiercely at the sweating king who had put a hand in front of his chest in defence. Brushing past him, he looked back at Noriko and Katou.

"What the fuck are you waiting for?" Grabbing Katou's arm, he dragged her into the hospital. He knew Noriko wasn't finished with her father, and it would've been best to keep it private. Their relationship, if you could even call it that, was fucking messed up enough already.

Noriko raised a brow at her father, who was trembling with fury. He whirled around to face her.

"Y-You-!"

Noriko smiled. "Yes?"

"You, still hang around that, that hooligan?!"

Noriko shrugged. "Before, you told me that it was good to be friends with him--he's a prince."

Noriko's father's shoulder sagged. God, this girl...ever since those two brothers left, she'd been so unmanageable! He buried his face in his hands and heaved a great sigh. "Just...just go in. And see your mother. Please."

Noriko closed her eyes. She brushed past him, murmuring, "Your wife."

-

Noriko walked through the full waiting room of the hospital. Of course, everyone was either staring into a compact mirror or brushing their hair and re-applying their lipstick and powdering their noses, even as they waited for their dear loved ones' conditions. Sometimes, these people tired her beyond belief...

They didn't cry when their families were diagnosed with terminal cancer, oh no. They cried when their families grew a pimple. Gods...

She slammed open a door at her right; the special room, for noble classes only. That woman lay there in bed, hand dramatically thrown over a perfect-shaped forehead. Glossy, pink-painted lips, recently powdered nose, a dash of cream eye-shadow, and fake perspiration from the obvious spray bottle of water on her bedside. Twenty-seven years old. Noriko's father was forty-nine.

Noriko smiled sickeningly sweetly, leaning over to land a quick peck on the woman's cheek. "Mother," she caressed the word, almost mockingly. She straightened up and stared down at the woman with lidded eyes. "I thought you were sick...?"

The woman let out a long, moaning cry and reached out for Noriko with both hands desperately. "Oh, oh, my dear daughter, I've been longing for you! You don't know how much I've missed you since you left-"

Noriko rolled her eyes. The acts this woman could put on...

"Still sleeping with that kitchen boy? He was eighteen last I saw him...he's about nineteen, now?" Noriko drawled.

The woman in bed gasped in a horrified fashion. "Darling, how could you say such a horrid thing-?"

Noriko smiled. "Oh, right. I'm sorry. It wasn't that."

The woman smiled with relief.

"It was the page boy, wasn't it?"

The woman's eyes widened before she burst out in sobs. "Oh, Addrienne, how could you say that to your sick mother? Don't you see how miserable I am?!"

Noriko sighed. "No."

"Look!" The woman pointed to her chin, and Noriko's eyes trailed over. Her eyes narrowed in disgust when she saw what it was. "A wart?" she hissed.

9/11/2009 #8
AquaJet

Katou now truly admired Rokurou. His words were dead on for what she wanted to say (although it would have been less mean). She had never seen Rokurou so mad before. Even when they were getting to the hospital, Rokurou's face was just stoic.

"You're nice." Katou whispered as she was being dragged away by Rokurou into the hospital. He just stood up for Noriko and she respected that greatly.

Once inside, Katou almost opened her mouth a screamed 'What are you guys doing?' Everyone was more worried about how they looked rather than the sick person they were visiting. 'Don't tell me, I entered into one of those model tryouts.' Katou almost laughed. Almost. She kept her composure and waited for Noriko

Noriko went pass her and then into a room - Katou guessed it was where Noriko's mother was. She heard sounds, dramatic ones, coming from the room. Katou wanted to go in there to see what was wrong, but she was accompanying her ally Noriko and nothing more.

"Where do you come from, Darling?"

Katou turned around to see a group of noble women swarming to her. They all had the same rose petal tattoo in different places. She would ask about that but first, she had to settle with he fake alias. "I'm with Rokurou the IV." Katou remembered that someone muttered that when whispering about Rokurou.

"What?" all of the women gasped. "He's a bit wild for a noble. Does he ever sweet talk to you?"

What. The. HELL?

What were these women talking about. "Pardon?" Katou let out a small smile. She didn't know what these women were saying. If she could be a commoner right there, she would have made a face like what-are-you-talking-about-woman?

"Oh, you know what we mean." The ladies giggled. "What's your relationship at least. He has to be nice to you in private, I assume?"

Katou's fingers twitched. She didn't understand so she just went along. "Rokurou-..."

"Wow, you're so close that you refer to him with his given name?" The women gasped again.

Katou went on like she wasn't interrupted. "...-I admire and respect Rokurou. He's...charming in his own way." Katou laughed, there was a small twinge of nervousness hidden under it.

"His attire is flashy in a common way." The ladies all laughed. Katou slightly laughed, she didn't get it at all.

"I think he looks rather unique." Katou added.

"Oh dear, Please don't tell me that you had an arranged marriage with him." one of them made a dramatic fsce.

"They always stuff these ideas into their heads about how wonderful the other person is." another added.

"Mostly it's from the fire realm. They always need more power." they all laughed.

Katou, not knowing what the heck was going on, wondered why these women were so crazy and thinking that she was going to marry Rokurou. "Pardon me, I must return to Rokurou." Katou smiled and waved.

"Just make sure you kiss him sweetly. The men will yeild to what you want." The woman winked.

Katou was freaked out. Kissing Rokurou was a big no-no. But more than that, why would they assume she was together with him? It should have been the same with Noriko. Katou walked up towards Rokurou with a blank face.

"Rokurou...people tell me to kiss you and they asked me about an arranged marriage..." Katou face was still blank. "Do you know why?" Katou looked up to Rokurou with an innocent look.

Noble life was so stranger than she had remembered...

9/11/2009 #9
HaveYouNoMercy

Holy fuck, Rokurou needed a smoke.

Which was presently why he found himself on top of the hospital roof, taking a drag from his cigarette as if that kind of thing was perfectly normal. Lighting his second cigarette, he blew rings from his mouth and never looked more natural in his surroundings. When he had jumped out a random window and scaled the building to get onto the roof, nobody asked him why or reacted in any sort of way. They were all too absorbed in their appearances.

Besides, he was fucking Rokurou IV. He did whatever the fuck he wanted.

At the end of his third smoke, he decided it was probably best to pack it in. So he stuck another cigarette in his mouth and climbed back into the hospital with the same face of stone he wore daily. Making his way through the hallways, he counted down the time until they could leave. Rounding the corner, he felt a large group of examining eyes on him.

Turning to glower their way, he was surprised it was a group of young-looking women all sprouting the rose petal tattoos. They seemed to be... analyzing him. And giggling. What the fuck were they, hyenas?

Only when one winked at him did he truly understand what was happening. Smirking, he waved.

Excitedly, they waved frantically back. Then they casually made signals that came out as 'Give us your number'.

Nodding, he made a '9' with his fingers. They nodded. He then raised up two of his fingers, as if to say '2'. They giggled. For the third and final number, he calmly raised his middle finger high, and swiftly left the hallway. Randomly walking along, he could still hear their shrieks of "HOW RUDE!" and "BASTARD!"

He had been feeling pretty good for a while until he chanced upon Katou. Raising an eyebrow at her question, he fought down the urge to run back and blow the group of women into smithereens. Fuck them all. Now, what was he going to tell her? The truth? Or a lie?

"It's very simple." He said slowly. "That rose petal on your cheek..." He touched it lightly. "...Marks you as..."

"My slave." He decided to keep the 'love' out of 'love slave' for convienences sake. Shrugging, he turned his back on her and started walking again. "Now fucking hurry it up, will you slave?"

At the sound of raised voices, he peeked inside a hospital room to see Noriko embracing her father's woman of the moment. After watching for a while, he had heard enough. Katou was pestering him with questions, the noble air was suffocating him, and he had a fucking headache.

Marching in unannounced, he grabbed Noriko's arm. "We're leaving." He told her gruffly. Turning to glare at the woman on the bed, he frowned.

"You really should get that treated. It's the size of a fucking elephant."

9/11/2009 #10
coffeexlatte

Marching in unannounced, he grabbed Noriko's arm. "We're leaving." He told her gruffly. Turning to glare at the woman on the bed, he frowned. "You really should get that treated. It's the size of a ** elephant."

Noriko pursed her lips as she was dragged out of the room. Once they were out of earshot, she tugged her arm free. She looked away, stiffly past Katou. "Why'd you do that? I wasn't done with her. And no, Roku-nii, I don't have any shame, so I could have gone on arguing like the disappointing person I am with that woman."

Noriko continued to glare past Katou at a woman desperately trying to cover up a mole on her chin.

Finally, irked, she lashed out, "That mole's not going to get covered up, so just live with it!" Noriko's gaze then landed on the line of portraits of honored doctors in the hospital. There were three--the first, an elderly white-haired mage. The second, a still elderly, but with gray hair. And the third...

...Dante.

Oh, god, this place was sick.

She brushed past Rokurou roughly, desperate to get outside. This place was going to make her sick.

9/11/2009 #11
AquaJet

After hearing what Rokurou said, she still didn't understand. 'Soooo...Nobles marry their slaves...and kiss them...' Katou was already confused. She couldn't get it. 'I'll just stay a commoner. Common life is so easy.'

Forget the Nobles. She could just sit around and sleep after this 'game' was over. Katou followed his command as his 'slave'. Se then wondered why she was dressed so nicely. 'Even their slaves have to be pretty?' Katou wondered about so many things but didn't want to ask Rokurou, he seemed to be having a migraine.

Katou could see that in a huge shift of his aura. 'Was it something I said?' Katou looked past Rokurou and saw Noriko hugging someone. She assumed it was Noriko's mother. Rokurou and Noriko was in such a rush to leave. Katou saw the woman, she looked too young to be Noriko's mother and she was pretty...except that small...or rather huge addition to her chin.

Katou didn't see or 'feel' any signs of illness. Her aura was more of a depressed state. After Noriko's out burst, Katou's face changed. '...She's in the hospital...because of a mole?' Katou felt like laughing out loud.

The reason was so stupid.

So illogical.

So retarded.

She'll never play as a noble again. 'Let me be a slave.' Katou almost begged. Being a noble was too crazy and confusing. Being a slave is easier. As Katou was lost in her mentally loud laughter, she noticed a shift in both Noriko's and Rokurou's auras. They weren't positive. Katou just followed them out.

She would have to ask Noriko later about why nobles mark slaves with rose petals for another time.

9/11/2009 #12
Forum Moderators: HaveYouNoMercy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member