Collaborative Works Manga Style
A small little forum made for those who want to collaboratively write a manga styled fiction. Everyone is welcomed and I'm hoping to make this into a group.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Charming Dice
If we're going to collaborate, we'll need a plot. Anyone have any ideas? Lets just be sure to respect everyone's opinion. If you don't like an idea, then say why and tell what you'd replace it with.
12/6/2006 #1
VelvetRopes
OK, here are my ideas. I suck at summeries so I'm sorry if they are confusing.

1) type- Fantasy:

An evil magic-user from another world steals magic stones from the Dragon temple. The stones contain the power of Elemental Dragon Gods. He comes to Earth to perform a ritual that will alow him to absorb all the power. Just before it's complete the main hero apears, having followed him from the temple. The hero is a magic user and was incharge of guarding the stones. Big fight and somehoe the stones are shattered and the power flies off into the nearby city. The power goes into chosen kids who don't know they have dragon magic now. Rest of the story is a race, who will find the kids first, bad guy or good. There's more to the story but I think you get the idea.

2) type- Yaoi:

A Master Vampire has been dumped by his lover who has run off with a human lady. The Master vampire is depressed over this so his sister brings him a young human man to keep as a pet. The two slowly grow to like eachother. Just when things are going good the Master vampire's former lover returns. The lover isn't happy to be replaced and tries to kill the human. The two vampires fight, exlover leaves. Happy ending unless someone has a diff one.

That's it for now. What dose everyone think? Good? Bad?

12/6/2006 #2
Painted Dessert
The first one sounds yummy. I've always wanted to work out a "world" thing...

The second one, on my take, is less appealing to me since it is yaoi, but, nevertheless, if it does come through, I don't mind doing it.

3) type - Act/Adv, Fantasy, Romance, etc.

A school exists that contains students who are all fighters. Schoolwork is not the number one concern in this school; fame and power are. The only way to "get" the fame and power, is to fight.

- So typically that's the "base" that we'd be working on. The going-ons are somwhat undetermined since it just an idea that's always been float in the back of my head. This is proably one that we could slightly roleplay out and then covert it into the novel style.

Feedback would be nice. ^^

12/16/2006 #3
VelvetRopes
OK, #3 idea is good. I have no problem working on more then one project at a time so if we can't agree on one story I don't mind writing two.
12/16/2006 #4
Painted Dessert
Yep, same here. I'd rather be rolling on a couple than not going anywhere at all.
12/16/2006 #5
NeoMiniTails
I like number 1 and 3. Don't like number 2.
12/22/2006 #6
Queen of Cyrum Sasarai
Well, I like yaoi, but I dislike--okay--I HATE vampires. Always been more of a werewolf girl. But yeah. Also, I think the pet thing can get a little cliche, though if it works into a nice story and isn't there just merely for gratuitous sex, then it's okay with me. But... I don't think you can collab a story with like 12 million people. Two is fine. I like the guy I collab with, he's awesome, but I do several projects on the side, too, so it'd be cool to do another collab. I have too many ideas, and need to quit making new ones, though.
1/1/2007 #7
VelvetRopes
I don't know if anyone has started working on a story yet, but I'm open to try. If anyone wants to get started look at my profile and get my e-mail. Drop me a letter and we'll get started.
1/4/2007 #8
Chidori vs Rasengan
i'll go with either 1 or 3 too.

not really interested in yaoi XO

but if there arre enough girls that DO like yaoi here, i wonder if they would make a topic dedicated to that...

1/6/2007 #9
Queen of Cyrum Sasarai
Okay, so which plot are we going with? I would try and decide on what the main characters are like and all that, but it's a little hard to when I don't know what the plot is.

I would like to add that I almost always like my secondary characters better than the main one, so maybe someone else should be the main character. As for antagonists, I've always loved organizations. We can make them have two man or three man teams (I like three better personally). Anyway... I'm working on some character bios, and if they somehow don't work for this, I can always use them in one of my other works.

1/7/2007 #10
Chidori vs Rasengan
Organizations you say?

well I have a plot for that(even though i'm not putting it up as a suggestion, and it's kinda short...)

Key words are quoted in the summary.

Supernatural/Action/Adventure/Romance

In the middle of "19th century Europe", the night is terrorized by the "Undead". "Exorcists" and "hunters" wage an "endless war" against these "Unholy" beings. Caught in the middle of the conflict is a teenager, known as Alvin Lester. Fighting alongside the Organization left behind by his long estranged father, known as Exodus, he discovers the truth behind the greater evil who's pulling the strings, and forms a legendary clan of hunters and exorcists that will hunt the night.

It's my idea for my own story, which might be scrapped if I don't arrange my plot bunnies good at all...

And I suggest we start with #1(while pulling out the bad "seeds" in the summary too XD).

1/7/2007 . Edited 1/7/2007 #11
Queen of Cyrum Sasarai
Yeah, I vote on plot idea number one as well (with some tweaking). You know, maybe you should link your idea in. I was thinking of the elemental things kind of causing little rifts in areas of other dimensions. (I was hoping to use some characters that were secondary in another story in this one somehow, but if not it's all good).

Organizations are always fun.

1/7/2007 #12
Chidori vs Rasengan
...and to think that i actually want to have the main character come from a dimension rift...(are you psychic?! o.O)

Alright then, i'll put it up as #4!

1/7/2007 #13
Queen of Cyrum Sasarai
Hmm, this is the idea I'm thinking of (which goes with #1): the villain sends a few lackeys to do his work (because villains do that) and he steals the orb thing, which the main character was supposed to protect. But instead of protecting it, the main character ends up shattering it into pieces that he has to collect. These pieces go all over the place and end up endowing some people powers. But in shattering this thing, the balance of the dimensions (lets say there are 12 because it's a nifty number, but we can always change it if its too little) is altered and shifted. Now earth is experiencing all kinds of odd things. I am guessing the powers given to the assorted people are elemental. Anyway, feedback and more ideas is always great.

(I'm impatient! I want to write something now! If I wait much longer I'm probably going to up and make my own story and leave like Dice did. That's not a threat. Just... if I start another story, I don't think I can keep on with this collab thing--already have two other projects going on, though one is currently on hold due to a missing partner).

Also, I think it'll be funny to see characters from other lands deal with things they've never heard of, or characters who look around earth and are like, "how primitive." Heheh.

1/9/2007 #14
violinisthamel
~~;;; sorry I was missing..... T.T but... the puppy... it's cute charm had subdued me to do what it wanted me to do... loose a lot of sleep and be frustrated.... but I'm back... kinda... x.x I dunno....
1/9/2007 #15
Queen of Cyrum Sasarai
What the heck happened?! It's like everyone died or something!!!
1/13/2007 #16
Charming Dice
Seems like there's a lack of organization. Lots of ideas, but no one's pulling them together. Whatever happened to the person who created this forum?
1/15/2007 #17
alexpanda
4) mecha unit battle yaio and yuri

two females are sitting by a pool one day one of the girls is in a near nude swimsuit and the other is in a one piece racerback swimsuit, and they are attcked by two guys from the other side of the pool, the four of them battle it out in evangelion/zoid style mecha units.

1/18/2007 #18
Heart of The Tainted
the shattering of a sacred object always rings inuyasha with me. hmmm let me think of something.
2/10/2007 #19
Heart of The Tainted
#3 sounds very tenjho tenge
2/10/2007 #20
Chidori vs Rasengan
i rather prefer it as ikkitousen than tenjou tenge tho

ikkitousen has more fanservice! XO

6/2/2007 #21
Forum Moderators: Painted Dessert Chidori vs Rasengan
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member