The Globe
Shakespeare and other stuff. The big kids club.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
sophiesix

But he doesn't love anyone, thats his issue. his mum drove them into debtors prison because of her love for their grandfather, trying to buy him medicine to get him better when gramps got sick. so, when mum statred getting sick, our dear murderer killed her inside of going through that hell again. and now he goes around killing sick people and stealing their stuff. but our whore Hannah sees him do it, and follows him til they get to a gas lit street, planning on dobbing him in, but he catches her following him. course she needs a good reason to be following him apart from teh obvious so she proposes a business transaction. He notices her last guvnor smacked her up some with his cane, and takes her home to patch her up. he doesn't sleep with her because he finds out she's young and drunk, but takes teh nice silver flask she stole from the guy that beat her up because he can get a better price for it. Only he gets caught selling it and sent to prison... um, where was I?

12/27/2009 #301
sophiesix

oh that's right.

yes, problem solved! he almost kills her, but doesn't. so one part of him feels responsible for her, and the other part would really feel much better if he just killed her. to that part, letting her get away is admitting he won't kill her, so he can't let her get away and hence, voila, story is created. yay!

12/27/2009 #302
xenolith

he almost kills her, but doesn't. so one part of him feels responsible for her, and the other part would really feel much better if he just killed her. to that part, letting her get away is admitting he won't kill her, so he can't let her get away and hence, voila, story is created.

I should really put you on author alert, Sophie. Just incase you ever post this story!

So I don't watch the news, but by way of internets just found out a huge number of whales died in strandings, in like 48 hours. A hundred and twenty, or something. So sad :(

Today sucks!

12/27/2009 #303
lookingwest

So I don't watch the news, but by way of internets just found out a huge number of whales died in strandings, in like 48 hours. A hundred and twenty, or something. So sad :(

:(:(:(:(:(:(:( That's terrible!

I just got home from a seven hour car ride with my family. It took so long because the whole entire interstate was just really dangerous, we saw about 10 cars in the ditch and about 5 of them were turned over.

Thankfully two days before, my dad hired someone to clear off our long driveway (we live out in the country) and when we came home, we were SUPER thankful because the snow pile was sooo high that if it hadn't been cleared off, we wouldn't have been able to get into our house! It's seriously as tall as our garage!

I freakin' hate snow right now, still. It's preventing me from driving safely to get the heck out of this house and DO something! XD

12/27/2009 #304
xenolith

I just got home from a seven hour car ride with my family. It took so long because the whole entire interstate was just really dangerous, we saw about 10 cars in the ditch and about 5 of them were turned over.

Oh heck! That's kinda terrifying. And I can't imagine a pile-o-snow that big. Very inconvienent, I dare say ;)

12/27/2009 #305

I just got home from a seven hour car ride with my family.

How were you able to stay sane for that long?

12/27/2009 #306

Wow, well I messed up that contest. Arghh...

Wrote a story for a contest, read the guidelines and apparently they didn't approve of swearing so I went through the piece and deleted the swears and sent it in. Now I look over it and notice I missed one: "Goddamn".

Goddamn is right. :(

12/27/2009 #307
lookingwest

Goddamn is right. :(

Well that's just sillily...okay silly might not have an adverb from, but that's just silly stupid then. To say goddamn is a curse word. Then again. I think my characters curse too much, about every other word. So I will stay out of this, XD

As far as my sanity in a car with my family: yeah. I think I got car madness, :D

12/27/2009 #308
xenolith

What's an adverb?

And too bad about the swearing. Did you get disqualified? Maybe they won't notice...

Man. I just had the best damn Jim Beam of my life.

12/28/2009 #309
lookingwest

This is how we learned what an adverb was in school, not kidding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7wnT8iiR8w

And I tried to add a "ly" to the end of silly, because of remembering "lolly lolly lolly"....seriously, that song stays ingrained with you for your entire life. Enjoy.

My question: what is "the best damn Jim Beam of my life?" XD

12/28/2009 #310

Did you get disqualified? Maybe they won't notice...

I hope they don't notice.

I just had the best damn Jim Beam of my life.

Congratulations. Jim Beam Black?

12/28/2009 #311
lookingwest

My question: what is "the best damn Jim Beam of my life?" XD

Scratch that question! The 20 year old is not well versed in anything but Jack Daniels and Fredric Jamesons :D

Which is funny because I just found out that Jim Beam is the best selling in the entire WORLD.

12/28/2009 #312
sophiesix

lol! sure hope there weren't swearing issues in my contest, just about every line of dialogue had one major swear word... oh well! am supposed to be down teh coast and disconnected but a friend brought their computer... :)

12/28/2009 #313
sophiesix

speaking of which, what do people who don't swear say when they come home to find their wife murdered in teh lounge room? my word? golly?

12/28/2009 #314
Jealous Rage

I believe they may say something along the lines of what the heck happened in this darn room.

12/28/2009 #315
lookingwest

GOD! DAMN IT! SHIT!

Clean version: Gosh! Darn it! Shoot!

XD

12/28/2009 #316
lookingwest

You know, I never seem to be on when anyone else is....time zone's suck!

And oh my, my friend flew to Italy today! ...which is now tomorrow there, I think! I wonder if I can still txt/call her...hmmm...

12/28/2009 #317
Jealous Rage

What time is it where you are?

12/28/2009 #318
lookingwest

12:04 AM.

Which means...I think that Xen and Sophie must be into tomorrow...perhaps evening/afternoon? That's kind of a total guess...

12/28/2009 #319
lookingwest

Oops. Well by tomorrow I mean, later today, XD, I didn't even notice it was past midnight!

12/28/2009 #320
Jealous Rage

I think you're right about the others; it must be sometime around 5:00 pm give or take a couple hours. It's 1:12 here, so I guess I'm an hour ahead of you.

12/28/2009 #321
xenolith

Lolly, lolly, lolly get your adverbs here :D educational, and fun, what more could you ask for!

Congratulations. Jim Beam Black?

Jim Beam Small Batch.

It's 7:30 here. And fucking cold!

12/28/2009 #322
lookingwest

Lolly, lolly, lolly get your adverbs here :D educational, and fun, what more could you ask for!

Yeah, and there's a whole series!

"conjunction junction what's your function? hookin' up phrases, words, and clauses" XD

It's 7:30 here. And fucking cold!

7:30, we were kind of close...:D

12/28/2009 #323
xenolith

I really don't get all that nitpicky grammar stuff. The only thing I remember from english is alliterations, hyperboles.... assonance... that's it. Puns! Teh hight of humor :)

12/28/2009 #324
lookingwest

I really don't get all that nitpicky grammar stuff. The only thing I remember from english is alliterations, hyperboles.... assonance... that's it. Puns! Teh hight of humor :)

Yeah uh, I actually, am REALLY terrible with grammar. Like, diagramming a sentence for me was like doing Algebra. And weirdly enough, it's not a requirement to take a course in it for my English studies...SO, I avoid it as much as I can. This is probably bad though, considering I have problems with Run-ons and comma placements, haha!

I only know what adverbs are due to the School House Rock series, I swear I would have hardly remembered it otherwise!

12/28/2009 #325
xenolith

I only know what adverbs are due to the School House Rock series, I swear I would have hardly remembered it otherwise!

Haha, I love those kinds of things.

12/29/2009 #326
xenolith

Okay my domination is getting a little (little?) sad and pathetic. Hope everyone has a fantastic new years eve! And a good 2010 as well, I spose.

12/29/2009 #327
lookingwest

Okay my domination is getting a little (little?) sad and pathetic. Hope everyone has a fantastic new years eve! And a good 2010 as well, I spose.

I plan to, though I have to work tomorrow and the next day, but then I have a three day break again! ^_^ I can't wait until I'm done working...I have to drive about a half an hour to get there and back home, and I think that's really the only main reason as to why I'm dreading it, haha.

As for you dominating the forum. Eh. We need more people! How do we recruit them? I know there are a TON of people out of high school on the other Off Topics I'm on, so this is just frustrating!

12/29/2009 #328
xenolith

I have to drive about a half an hour to get there and back home, and I think that's really the only main reason as to why I'm dreading it, haha.

Goodness, that would be a drag! I've always wondered at people who have to drive ages to get to work, it must really suck.

I know there are a TON of people out of high school on the other Off Topics I'm on, so this is just frustrating!

Eh, don't worry about it. Quality not quantity! Hahaha... *sob*

12/29/2009 #329
sophiesix

GOD! DAMN IT! SHIT!

Clean version: Gosh! Darn it! Shoot!

it just doesn't have quite the same punch to it, does it?

and surely they are just 'things that sound close', not actually emphatic words in their own rite? I mean, you're probably still thinking god damn it and shit and hell, aren't you? is that good enough for really religious people? i'm intrigued...

12/29/2009 #330
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: xenolith sophiesix, lookingwest
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member