The Globe
Shakespeare and other stuff. The big kids club.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
sophiesix

white marshmallows are definately better than teh pink and orange ones, they are headachey too quick. so by pinwheel we are talking about fireworks? fire is cool, a pinwheel on fire cooler than a marsmallow on fire (because when they actually flame they are crunchy and less tasty (though browning is lovely)), but overall, i think i will have to tempt the wrath of teh fire ogds and vote for teh squishy sugar goodness m-m-m-m

11/29/2009 #91
lookingwest

:( I fail.

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/gallery.php?rid=64399

yuuuummmm...I want to make some of those now...

So The Roadhouse is a very confusing forum I am afraid to jump into--I have no idea what is going on, I'm too used to the structured rules of the RG! Ack!

11/29/2009 #92
Kagennotsuki

What is The Roadhouse? I've heard of that before somewhere.

p.s. - Those 'pinwheels' look... questionable. Do people actually eat those? *shivers in fear*

11/29/2009 #93
lookingwest

p.s. - Those 'pinwheels' look... questionable. Do people actually eat those? *shivers in fear*

XD, My friend once made me four containers of those for my December 20th Birthday, and then she hid them in the snow outside my house and I had to follow a trail to get there, in the freezing cold. I was like: Thanks for the pinwheels, haha, weirdest gift EVER.

What is The Roadhouse? I've heard of that before somewhere.

The Roadhouse is another forum for Review fun...I'm still trying to figure out what happens, haha, go to on the top menu "Forums" then "general" and then it's the second one down from the Review Game. I just can't figure out if anyone still participates there, like, if it's still regularly active? It's kind of confusing to me because there's so many random threads!

11/29/2009 #94
sophiesix

As good as they look, i still think i could eat more marshmallows... depends on the type of pickle though, i guess... mmm... pickles...

11/29/2009 #95
sophiesix

man the RG is crazy today!

11/29/2009 #96
lookingwest

I know! Seriously, there have been 3 situation 10s! 3!!! And there isn't an OT either, haha. I'm glad I made it out of EF with a review!

11/29/2009 #97
sophiesix

lol!!

11/29/2009 #98
xenolith

O no what's a situation 10! Sounds dire!

Roadhouse is messy because they don't have a mod or something, but if you go on down to the renovated bar (after introducing yerself) and just start reviewing, or say what you'd like reviewed you're in. Usually if you review something the person reviews back.

11/29/2009 #99
lookingwest

Ooooh, okay, the renovated Bar--that makes more sense, I was noticing a lot of stuff was full or completely dead. I'll have to jump in on that review action!

11/29/2009 #100
xenolith

I feel very much like writing something... or in Bilbo's words... I think I'm quite ready, for another adventure :)

oooo PAGE!!! (my very very first)

11/30/2009 . Edited 11/30/2009 #101
xenolith

woohoo we're on the third page of the forums list! *happy dance*

11/30/2009 #102
lookingwest

I'm having some issues.

My roommate is kind of mean today, and I turned on her lamp for more a more ambient flavor in the room (it's like 12:30AM here) and she walked back out of the bedroom and shut the light off and went back to bed--the bedroom is seperated from the livingroom by a DOOR. o__o I don't know why she is being kind of mean :( I haven't seen her in five days...

Secondly, there is a suspicious person on fictionpress that reviewed my story Vampire and The Romantics, and I feel like they could be one of my friends trying to like, bring my morale up or something up, because seriously this person has me as their ONLY favorite author and my story their ONLY favorite story and I can't imagine that ever being legit...plus they have written nothing. It's just me. All over their profile...I'm almost afraid to say "thanks a lot, I had a terrible day and you really brought up my morale" because I'm afraid it could be one of my friends, and that would be awesome too, but I would thus feel silly :( Ugh. Weird night.

Oh and I got nothing done today and have a twenty minute presentation on Virginia Woolf at 2:00PM today. I have only practiced twice. *hyperventilates* I wish I could turn that lamp back on...

11/30/2009 #103
xenolith

haha, okay I see what you mean. you got yourself a big fan there! just straight up ask, do I know you? either way, it's great when someone fav's one of your stories :)

as for you roomate - that was a dooshe thing to do. maybe she's had a bad day too, and didn't feel like talking. oh I hate living with tension! I had a flatmate that seriously, she just had to get up and not say anything and it would ruin my day, that's how much we loathed each other. unhealthy stuff. but that's not exactly helping is it!

good luck for your presentation! o, I just found a biscuit by the keyboard - SCORE!!

11/30/2009 #104
sophiesix

oh dear, hugs for the bad day. i know what you mean about wandering if you know the person though; when i begged my friend to give First Drawn a review, she used a username. so i was 99% sure it was her, I mean no one had reviewed it for teh entirety of all the weeks it had been up, so what were the chances? But on the other hand, if it wasn't her, how rude would i feel for assuming? Though how many Muppetclocks can there be in the world... so i gave her a very polite reply and i bet she was cheesed off XD Still, at least i could make it up to her: a tsranger you can't do anything with.

hope your roomate is more communicative when she next wakes up. that said, i wouldn't be heaps communicative/intelligent at 12:30am. I probably would have woken up, seen the light, and turned it off without realising anyone else was there, thinking i'd left it on. ie, i'd have been grumpy at me!

my exchange stuent once refused to speak to me because i didn't stop to say hello to her in teh corridor at school, i just smiled at her. i was completely flabbergasted that a corridor pass required more, i had no idea she felt that sensitive about it. ah, misunderstandings. its what makes us human i guess?

11/30/2009 #105
Kagennotsuki

This is why, no matter what, I try to avoid living with other people. That, and sometimes I desperately need to get away from people. I hope things get better between the two of you.

My bad days are a little different than other people's... case in point: Two days ago I felt like the back of my head was giving birth to a giant squid. Literally. Medicine only does so much _

12/1/2009 #106
sophiesix

ok, yeah, that would be bad. though i like squids, in the sea and on the plate ;) (but not forcing intself from my skull)

12/1/2009 #107
Marie Silver

Urgh, I'm writing the essay I put off for NaNo. About quarter of the way through but I need another 500 words before I go to bed. Should have done it - or at least started it - ages ago. My own fault though... :(

12/1/2009 #108
lookingwest

I think I may have solved the mystery of the super-fan I have.

They sent me an e-mail with a ton of "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in it included textspeak and mentioned something about the site that my story was stolen and posted up on--also requesting that I send them my old manuscript of the story so they can finish it since I guess they never did because I took it off the site (obviously). I love that they loved my story...obsessively apparently, but I don't know about sending them the old manuscript via e-mail. It just seems to risky for me, you know? If only I had my own copyright :( It sucks. I feel mean telling them no, but seriously, I don't think I will ever feel safe with my story again if I sent it to her to float around in cyberspace unchecked. :s

12/1/2009 #109
sophiesix

oh totally! and I'm sure they'll understand. while its great ot have such amazing enthusiasm, i totally agree it's just too risky with someone you've just met. it's not mean, it's i dunno, normal. commonsense? practical? Tell them to be patient and wait til its published! :)

12/1/2009 #110
Kagennotsuki

The review game so far hasn't felt like much of a game. In fact I almost feel as though I've been working. But I guess it is worthwhile since I am getting real (and useful!) feedback from other writers.

12/2/2009 #111
The Lucy Program

The review game so far hasn't felt like much of a game. In fact I almost feel as though I've been working. But I guess it is worthwhile since I am getting real (and useful!) feedback from other writers.

Haha, you're precisely right. The name is misleading - the Review Game is not a game at all. It's work, and sometimes really hard work. I desperately wanted six reviews for my story once, and so I trudged through six painfully long chapters of a story so I could claim my stake in Multi-Chap. You want reviews, you have to work for them. But more often than not, the work is totally worth it.

12/2/2009 #112
xenolith

How are the essays, the super-fans, and the review writings going? It's December - yay! I love love love christmas, I'm like a small child. Can't wait to go christmas shopping even though I still have the hardest time not buying things for myself!

Do you guys have special plans for the holidays, or are ya just staying home?

12/2/2009 #113
The Lucy Program

It's December - yay! I love love love christmas, I'm like a small child. Can't wait to go christmas shopping even though I still have the hardest time not buying things for myself!

Do you guys have special plans for the holidays, or are ya just staying home?

I am staying home all break and just hanging with friends :) Very excited for Solstice and Christmas, myself... though I am unfortunately poor at the moment (my debit card has like, 5 dollars on it XD), so unless I come across a generous sum of money, any and all gifts I give will be shoddy and worthless xD;

12/2/2009 #114
lookingwest

Today was the first day of snow here, and it's just ridiculously cold now.

The super-fans are being avoided for the time being, until I feel the absolute need to confront said Super Fan.

Hmm, I'm not really sure what my plans are during the break, of course Christmas with family, but beyond that, no idea. I did find out however, that I'm getting a KINDLE for Christmas (and combined Birthday present too) I'm TOTALLY excited for Christmas now, haha!

I am unfortunately poor at the moment (my debit card has like, 5 dollars on it XD)

Yep, me too, I have six dollars left on my Uni campus money and only fifty dollars to show on my debit for an entire terrible summer of working at Wal-mart 40 hrs a week. Eh. That is a big reason why I'm looking forward to Christmas--morale boosting with gifts!

12/2/2009 #115
lookingwest

And oh yeah, forgot to put my two cents in about the RG--yeah, no game there, heh, but I consider it a lot of fun because I absolutely LOVE getting reviews!

In fact, it also helps if in the summaries of my fiction I put "Reviews Returned" and then I get a good sum of people when I update my story who aren't part of the RG and review, and of course I'll always review them as well, but then it's not as "follow the rules" pressure in the RG. So that's a good tactic to have too, though I don't return review for reviewers "playing" the RG, because I figure I will review them eventually anyway. But yeah, saying "Reviews Returned' will get me some good extra feedback.

12/2/2009 #116
xenolith

Ooh, what's a Kindle? And yay snow! I want a white christmas... mabye one day when I win a million dollars and holiday in Canada in some cabin in the mountains XD I'm a big fan of home-made presents, baking and cards and like... cheap things lol it's the thought that counts though.

12/2/2009 #117
lookingwest

Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireless-Reading-Display-Generation/dp/B0015T963C/ref=amb_link_86172951_2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1KK5DBVEW0AFB9ERM95R&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=502000191&pf_rd_i=507846

Xen, *cries* I don't think they get coverage in New Zealand yet D:

Out of curiosity, what time is it right now in your zone? It's 1:00AM here, I've been waiting for someone to get on fictionpress, just curious what the time difference is from Midwest America vs. Awesome New Zealand Land.

12/2/2009 #118
sophiesix

Well at home its 6pm, though here (Queensland) its 5pm. still feels like 6 to me though. body is entirely weirded out but too many time changes back and forth...

12/2/2009 #119
xenolith

oh my gosh, that is like the coolest thing in the world! I want one :) I have an ipod touch, and I was just downloading free books and I thought that was great... but that looks real cool! Yes, I am a chronic consumer, but still. Lucky you!

New Zealand isn't that awesome today, it's really really cold and raining and ten past eight in the evening. Hey, how'd your presentation thing go? Flatmate issues resolved?

12/2/2009 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: xenolith sophiesix, lookingwest
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member