The Globe
Shakespeare and other stuff. The big kids club.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »
xenolith

Is anyone on wordpress? livejournal? What's the other one... blogspot?

12/3/2009 #121
lookingwest

Hey, how'd your presentation thing go? Flatmate issues resolved?

Eh, the presentation was probably graded at a B (we use an A, B, C, D, F system), but I'm just happy I survived it! And yep, issues resolved with flatmate!

Yeah it's snowing in SoDak right now, kind of sucks :S

And, yeah, actually, I do have a wordpress, haha, I don't write much on it, I just started it a few months ago and it's very sparce, it just has some extra poems up and really random crap. I think only one of my friends reads it, but yeah, it's very short and not much is here, but you'll know it's mine because it has my avatar on it, haha:

12/3/2009 #122
The Lucy Program

the presentation was probably graded at a B (we use an A, B, C, D, F system)

Haha, doesn't everybody's? =)

12/3/2009 #123
lookingwest

the presentation was probably graded at a B (we use an A, B, C, D, F system)

I don't think they do in Europe actually...or at least not in the UK, I don't know about elsewhere, but I'm pretty sure it's not graded on such a scale...at least not at the Uni level--I'm pretty sure there are some differences. 0__0

12/3/2009 #124
Marie Silver

In uni (in the UK) work is graded at a 1st (the highest), then a 2:1 (pretty good), 2:2 (average), 3rd (the lowest pass) and then fail.

I'm hoping for a 2:1 for my course ... touch wood.

12/3/2009 #125
sophiesix

we got percentages that was allocated to high distinction, distinction, credit, pass and fail.

12/3/2009 #126
lookingwest

I hate the A-F scale. It sucks. And then we have GPA factored in, so an A is a 4.0, B a 3.0 ect.--it's just super annoying. I always find the other scales appealing, but then I have to stand back and realize no one likes to be graded, XD

12/3/2009 #127
lookingwest

Shessy is stalking us from the RG OT...

I may have mentioned this forum in passing XD

Hi Shessy!

12/3/2009 #128
xenolith

Oh a B is better than a C, although, C's get degrees :) good luck, hope you did well!

Who's Shessy? Hi Shessy! You know, I don't think I got a nickname when I introduced myself on the RG. I'll have to go back and check...

12/4/2009 #129
xenolith

Woo, I wrote one sentence!! But, I am resolved to keep it. Delete button, thou art a villian! Oh and I asked about the blog-sites because I started a wordpress account the other day, and so far all the websites I encounter are all professional and they actually write about stuff that matters... yikes... anyway one of my goals for December was to write every day because I'm lazy as heck. And now I have! And now I can rest :)

12/4/2009 #130
lookingwest

Woo, I wrote one sentence!! But, I am resolved to keep it. Delete button, thou art a villian!

So last night I posted up Chapter Four of INSIWB, and then at about three in the morning I had this ephiphany that the chapter SUCKED, and I needed to completely re-write it AGAIN for the third time. So this morning I quickly deleted it, I don't think anyone read it, or at least I hope not! The delete button thusly conquered me. And now I must re-write and re-vise. I mean, I had a good chapter but then it conflicts with what I would like to do LATER in the story.

So blah. Do you ever write something you enjoy and then realize it doesn't work in context with the bigger picture? For the first time ever, I think I did that D:

12/4/2009 #131
Eyks272

They nicknamed me Yawp over in the review game... I didn't get it at all since I don't read poetry, haha.

The first two chapters of Whimsy together are longer than anything I've ever written before this story, so I can't relate to struggling with the big picture. I can imagine how little details that count against what you are working towards can accumulate until you have a glaring plot hole staring you in the face. Ack! I hope I don't have to deal with that later on. But then, I'm being very careful to plan everything out in advance (it also helps that my chapters aren't necessarily related to each other, which gives me a good deal of freedom. I've been writing my chapters out of order, too!).

How do you quote text from another post with the little gray horizontal bar next to it?

12/4/2009 #132
lookingwest

They nicknamed me Yawp over in the review game

Yeah that was my fault, haha. We just finished a Whitman lecture in my American Literature class--I hoped dearly you wouldn't hate me, so I'm glad you don't. I really like it better than Potter. XD

How do you quote text from another post with the little gray horizontal bar next to it?

This is how I do it:

copy and paste what you would like to "quote"

continue writing your message

and then when you're ready to post your message, highlight your text you want to "quote"

go to the drop down box that right now says "styles" (between the underline and link keys)

select "quote"

and then it changes that line to "quote" format!

:D I hope that helps!

12/4/2009 #133
lookingwest

ARUGH! Stupid! Some person messaged me and was like "oh, by the way, your WCC entry is too long and will be disqualified. Sorry, just wanted you to know you were breaking the rules, I GUESS you could just submit it and see if no one notices but, you know..." UGH! So I withdrew because I'm annoyed. I boycott the stupid length requirement. Screw that--I just wrote and didn't stop. Restrictions on creative writing=stupid! Just like my CW professor...

Blah.

Anyway, sorry I ranted, haha.

12/4/2009 #134
xenolith

So last night I posted up Chapter Four of INSIWB, and then at about three in the morning I had this ephiphany that the chapter SUCKED, and I needed to completely re-write it AGAIN for the third time. So this morning I quickly deleted it, I don't think anyone read it, or at least I hope not! The delete button thusly conquered me. And now I must re-write and re-vise. I mean, I had a good chapter but then it conflicts with what I would like to do LATER in the story.

So blah. Do you ever write something you enjoy and then realize it doesn't work in context with the bigger picture? For the first time ever, I think I did that D:

I saw you updated that, lucky I didn't read it straight away! Well... lucky I'm lazy. That delete button is a jerkwad. But if it's conflicting with what you want to do later on then it's for the best. Can't say I've ever done that before... oh yes I have. Shit. I wrote a couple chapters of Charlie of the Dead and then I wrote out the plan for the story and had to start all over again. Oh and thanks for telling us how to quote! I've been wondering how y'all do that!

The first two chapters of Whimsy together are longer than anything I've ever written before this story, so I can't relate to struggling with the big picture. I can imagine how little details that count against what you are working towards can accumulate until you have a glaring plot hole staring you in the face. Ack! I hope I don't have to deal with that later on. But then, I'm being very careful to plan everything out in advance (it also helps that my chapters aren't necessarily related to each other, which gives me a good deal of freedom. I've been writing my chapters out of order, too!).

You write your chapters out of order! Le Gasp! I wish I could do that... sometimes I get so bored with where the story is and I want to get to a certain part already! Come on, bring on the end of the world!

Oh, and I think I'm Mic. Mic. Do you guys know what a Mic is? I should be offended but I'm not :) been called worse, that's for sure!

12/4/2009 #135
xenolith

Disqualification SUCKS! Rules are made to be broken anyway, you can't put a constraint on creativity...

12/4/2009 #136
lookingwest

Mic

*is shocked* Holy crap, can they do that? I don't think someone knows about cultural/gender derogatory slang :S

12/4/2009 #137
sophiesix

ARUGH! Stupid! Some person messaged me and was like "oh, by the way, your WCC entry is too long and will be disqualified. Sorry, just wanted you to know you were breaking the rules, I GUESS you could just submit it and see if no one notices but, you know..." UGH! So I withdrew because I'm annoyed. I boycott the stupid length requirement. Screw that--I just wrote and didn't stop. Restrictions on creative writing=stupid! Just like my CW professor...

WHAT!! no you can't! (i mean, obviously yes you can, but dammit!). Narq had someone message her too, thinking she had posted it too early, when she hadn't. whats with all the rule nazis?? :pouts:

:glowers:

:grumbles to herself:

12/4/2009 #138
lookingwest

Narq had someone message her too, thinking she had posted it too early, when she hadn't. whats with all the rule nazis?? :pouts:

Maybe I should look into the rules more and e-mail Frac. Though I'm sure Frac would abide by the rules--obviously because they are hers I think, haha. I didn't really look into it, it was a newbie who PMed me. I was just kind of annoyed about the passive-aggressive attitude in the e-mail. I probably over-reacted, but I think I just got initially angry about a newbie being passive-aggressive at me for not reading the requirements. I always thought the WCC was just like, writing when you had the inspiration until you finished, haha. I can see where it's my fault for not reading into them. Maybe I'll just stick to poetry next time!

12/4/2009 #139
sophiesix

heh heh, is there a passive-aggressive emoticon?

12/4/2009 #140
xenolith

*is shocked* Holy crap, can they do that? I don't think someone knows about cultural/gender derogatory slang :S

Eh *shrugs* like I said, been called worse. My best friend has been calling me ball-bags for years. Sad thing is, it's my fault for responding in the first place :/

Hey maybe that's the passive-agressive emoticon!

12/5/2009 . Edited 12/5/2009 #141
lookingwest

:/

I think you're right Xen, I think we found the PA Emotion! :\ :/ :\ :/ :/:\ muhahahaha!

12/5/2009 #142
lookingwest

ozmgawd.

F THE RG.

Okay. I'm glad I got that out of my system. XD

12/7/2009 . Edited 12/7/2009 #143
lookingwest

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be much movement here for the past few days.

It's snowing outside here.

How many movies have you ever watched in a row?

And has anyone ever seen The Blair Witch Project--if so, is it not terrifying?

12/7/2009 #144
lookingwest

@Xen: Shessy (oh geez I could be spelling that wrong :S) from the Review Game gave you the nickname Mic on the Introductions Topic and he wants to apologize for that nickname, he was going for "Microphone" and didn't realize what it was slang for! He is 16 and was checking out our OT so he hasn't joined because of his age I believe :) Anyways, just delivering the message!

12/7/2009 #145
xenolith

Oh it's alright, I don't care. And don't be afraid to join Shessy, Sheesy?, wherever you are. If you're cool. Too cool for school ;) and hey, even if you're not I mean who really is cool these days? Gwen Stefani. I still think she's the bees knees. Drew from Select Live (imagine that in a girly high pitched scream) he's cute, he smiles all the time, and he likes pretty much everything! Yay! Batman is pretty cool as well.

Well, hiya Emily! Sorry I've been absent. I've been working on my nano effort and because I'm never going to post that here I feel like a... cheater or something. Like I know I should be finishing the stories I have on here but I just can't be bothered!

I've watched quite a few movies in a row. Movies all day. I don't know... four or five I guess. And I have not seen the BWP and I don't plan on it any time soon! Haaate horror movies. I'm the biggest whimp. I'm scared of everything.

12/7/2009 #146
xenolith

Oh and we just had a perfect summer's day :D

And I'm pretty much sorted for Christmas. How is everyone?

12/7/2009 #147
lookingwest

I've watched quite a few movies in a row. Movies all day. I don't know... four or five I guess. And I have not seen the BWP and I don't plan on it any time soon! Haaate horror movies. I'm the biggest whimp. I'm scared of everything.

Yeah so Blair Witch came out in like 1998, and I thought I was really awesome because I'd seen it two times before. So we just watched it Saturday, about eight years later from when I'd late watched it: It still scared the shit out of me, I felt like a real wimp too, when the movie was over my hands were shaking O_O. It's a good one though, haha.

Gwen Stefani is the bees knees and also B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

No worries about not being around, can't expect you to be here twenty-four hours: or do I?! Nahhh.

12/7/2009 #148
lookingwest

Oh and we just had a perfect summer's day :D

And I'm pretty much sorted for Christmas. How is everyone?

A SUMMERS DAY?

It's -7 out right now! There's a blizzard, outside my window, XDXD

Do you get snow, where you are at Xen, or is it just tropic wonderful summer days all the time? XD

12/7/2009 #149
xenolith

Haaha, well at least it's still good then! The scariest movie I've seen is 28 weeks later, I was so scared I wanted to puke. So I feel your terror!

No worries about not being around, can't expect you to be here twenty-four hours: or do I?! Nahhh.

I pretty much live on the computer so I should be around all the damn time! I go through phases of being adicted to forums, I guess it's my subconcious need for human interaction of some sort. Unless all the people who frequent writing forums are aliens, or cyborgs. Someone mentioned cyborgs a-la terminator and I was like, cybernetic organism, living tissue over a metal skeleton. Automatically butting in on conversations to spout geeky quotes is always fun ;)

12/7/2009 #150
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: xenolith sophiesix, lookingwest
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member