The Globe
Shakespeare and other stuff. The big kids club.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »
lookingwest

I clicky the link but it's dead, where'd it go?!

Oh, XD, I took it down :( Sorry!

6/26/2010 #331
lookingwest

Good news everyone!

I posted Chapter Twelve of INSIWB! And it weighs in around a mere 1,600 words, XD.

Clear

6/27/2010 #332
C. Tattiana H-H

-smooch- You made my day, thank you very much.

6/28/2010 #333
xenolith

Caught up on Globe reviews! Now, on to the WCC one :D

6/28/2010 #334
xenolith

New Onesie: The Witching Hour

I forgot about this :p wrote it a while back and just found it today. It is nothing more than me indulging in my favourite genre, vampire fiction, but with noir detective twist.

Concrit is very welcome, I only gave it a brief edit.

7/2/2010 #335
sophiesix

wow. What can i say: you're a god, Xen.

7/3/2010 #336
lookingwest

Omg I'm really excited to read that Xen. I am like--mobbed with WCC and WTW at this very second, but it is in my inbox to read, and I swear I will be getting to it as soon as I write these silly submissions! :) Sophie too! I owe you, and I am getting to that as well! Bah, this month! And it's the fourth of July tomorrow too! -_-''

7/3/2010 #337
xenolith

Cheers guys! Hey, while I've got you both here (well, sorta haha) I was wondering what you think about revamping this thread. Should we make it more like the RH and other review threads, or leave it as is?

7/3/2010 #338
lookingwest

Hmmm....at first I was thinking yes, but maybe no, because I kind of dig the laid back atmosphere here of just posting up the works but not being bound to read something before it--the community's still small enough where we've all partaken in each other's work...but I'd be open to something more formal like the RH too--I suppose it might not change too much when you get down to it, at least not for me personally, because I tend to read everything posted on here anyway, XD

Sophie?

7/3/2010 #339
sophiesix

*still chuckling to self about the potential meanings of revamp*

yeah, how so more like RH?

*more fangs? more blood? paler? ;)*

7/3/2010 #340
xenolith

pfft, if anything WE are the FP vamp central.

yeah, I went there, what!!!?????

Well, you know how it's an advertising place for reviews, like here, but with rules... you've got to review someone else before you request and all that. I'm cool with this thread as it is, but I think changing it might give people a reason to come here - a reason other than our fantastic personalities and gripping conversations... lol

7/3/2010 #341
sophiesix

yeah, i dunno. there aer plenty of reviewing forums people can go to if they want that, i kinda like the informality of this one. like you aren't entering some immortal contract to review someone for ever, you can just check something out when people want an opinion and leave one. its nice.

?

7/3/2010 #342
lookingwest

READ THIS:

Maybe & the Wolf

Will be back when I've finished the third chapter to comment on our discussion further, XD *is pulled back into fairytale*

7/3/2010 #343
lookingwest

I agree with you Sophie...but then I also agree with Xen about getting more people over here.

I know a buttload of RG OTers who are out of high school, XD, but I'm thinking that maybe having a form review thread could also attract the regulars of the RH and Gossip, which--that's fine I suppose if they're not out of high school, I certainly don't want to kick them away, XD, but it's not the intention of the forum...

Bah, I dunno! This is a hard decision once I think about it! D:

7/3/2010 #344
xenolith

Aaaah, Sophie, that's a good point. Informal is kinda our deal. Maybe we should just leave it as is but with one rule, though, a review returns policy. I know most peeps are good with this, but just in case maybe it'd be good on the first page? I actually haven't checked the first page in a while...

*disappears*

7/3/2010 #345
lookingwest

Actually, I like that idea with the return review policy...that would still keep it informal but do a little nip and tuck with the rules I think

7/3/2010 #346
xenolith

I am such a dick.

Reading back over my topic intro's makes me cringe!

Actually, I like that idea with the return review policy...that would still keep it informal but do a little nip and tuck with the rules I think

Sweet as :)

7/3/2010 #347
lookingwest

Reading back over my topic intro's makes me cringe!

Ack why? I remember thinking you seemed like a rather nice person, XD

7/3/2010 #348
sophiesix

*squirms*

part of me thinks this is a good idea, and really just common sense/ courtesy, but what with all teh formal reviewing going on, its getting to the point now where i can't read anything for fun anymore, i feel like i have to leave a full on review for every chapter, and I start to not read with as much pleasure. i like giving full on reviews for stories/authors i'm invested in, but i'm starting not to like doing it for everyone and everything... it would mean i'd put off reading stuff until i knew i 'd have time and pleasant-moodedness to leave a depthish review, because of reviewing obligations, but i don't want to put off reading stuff... am i being overly thinky?

7/4/2010 #349
xenolith

No... no I get what you mean. Reading is fun. Leaving a helpful, insightful reivew is a mish.

How about if we loosen up the reviewing obligations? You don't have to go into so much depth, like there's no... um, standard? Haha but that sounds awful.

7/4/2010 #350
lookingwest

Ah, I know what you mean Sophie, definitley...hmm...

How about if we loosen up the reviewing obligations? You don't have to go into so much depth, like there's no... um, standard? Haha but that sounds awful.

Well sounds fine to me, I mean personally, even though I tell people I'll return reviews to the standard they returned them to me, I never do -_- I always just do whatever I feel like, XD That's again, me personally though, and everyone is not me...so...erm...let us wait for Sophie's input on this one :D

7/4/2010 #351
lookingwest

woah scweet, last post I made at the RG OT was a virgin too, XD

7/4/2010 #352
xenolith

Yeah... I sorta just ramble, and try to sound smart.

Sophie will know what to do :D

7/4/2010 #353
lookingwest

Sophie will know what to do :D

+1!

7/4/2010 #354
sophiesix

bloody buck-passers ;)

seems to me that, if you like someone's work, you'll read and review. we all do that, right? whether or not the person reviews us back? but the story goes higher up your priority list when someones reviewing you back, because you're sort of talking to them more often, and it reminds you and stuff.

So maybe we could just start out with a blurb along those lines, that if you review other globers stuff they'll be more niterested in having a look at your work, but don't make it like a hard and fast rule or anything? i mean, when people don't return reviews, and the story isn't that good, they lose reviewers, which is at it should be. if people are appreciative and want to encourage the writing improvement, they return the reviews. maybe not every one, maybe more. You don't really need a rule about it? Having a rule leaves me feeling kinda obliged, and i hate that. even when the deadline is long, or the standards lax, it still sort of weighs on you.

if we end up getting a lot of people posting on the stage and not returning reviews we either a) don't review them any more. natural. easy. or b) change the rules. but so far i don't see the need? Especially when there are plenty of other dedicated forums specifically for that purpose?

Mebbe?

7/4/2010 #355
C. Tattiana H-H

yeah, i dunno. there aer plenty of reviewing forums people can go to if they want that, i kinda like the informality of this one.

I agree. I like how informal this one is. Although I do participate in some threads where you have review someone before you request a review, I find that the ones I hit up most are the ones where you don't have to. I'm the type of person who gives out reviews regardless, and always pays back people, so yeah... I don't know where I was going with that.

yeah, i dunno. there aer plenty of reviewing forums people can go to if they want that, i kinda like the informality of this onePardon me if I end up coming off as an ass, but I rather like that this forum is targeted towards people who are out of high school. I'm not saying the quality of the forum will decline if people who are still in high school decide to join, I just think-- well, I'd rather not have a whole bunch of high schoolers running around. But that's just my opinion! It matters little in the end. Just wanted to throw it out there.

Maybe we should just leave it as is but with one rule, though, a review returns policy.

I like that idea. Still maintains the informal vibe, but people are required to return reviews.

i feel like i have to leave a full on review for every chapter, and I start to not read with as much pleasure

I hear that. =/

@Xen - I shall review that today. :)

@Emily - I read it. Isn't it good? I'm writing up something for The Hype and that one's definitely on the list.

Aaand that's my input. I just realized this was a discussion between the mods, so I apologize if my input was unwanted. Ya'll know how I do, though. I always gotta throw down my two cents even if it's not wanted. =P

7/4/2010 #356
lookingwest

Pardon me if I end up coming off as an ass, but I rather like that this forum is targeted towards people who are out of high school. I'm not saying the quality of the forum will decline if people who are still in high school decide to join, I just think-- well, I'd rather not have a whole bunch of high schoolers running around. But that's just my opinion! It matters little in the end. Just wanted to throw it out there.

Nope, I was going to stay some such thing last night and then I was like, "eh whatevs" and now you said it, XD

@Emily - I read it. Isn't it good? I'm writing up something for The Hype and that one's definitely on the list.

What is "The Hype"? O.o But yeah, it is great, haha, and the second best part to reading such a wonderful story is having her review me, XDXD

Aaand that's my input. I just realized this was a discussion between the mods, so I apologize if my input was unwanted. Ya'll know how I do, though. I always gotta throw down my two cents even if it's not wanted. =P

Well it's always good to get diverse input, especially with this situation, so I'm glad you gave your two cents ^^

7/4/2010 #357
lookingwest

What is "The Hype"? O.o

Oh wait, duhhh, over at RH, XD, nevermind!

7/4/2010 #358
xenolith

So maybe we could just start out with a blurb along those lines, that if you review other globers stuff they'll be more niterested in having a look at your work, but don't make it like a hard and fast rule or anything? i mean, when people don't return reviews, and the story isn't that good, they lose reviewers, which is at it should be. if people are appreciative and want to encourage the writing improvement, they return the reviews. maybe not every one, maybe more. You don't really need a rule about it? Having a rule leaves me feeling kinda obliged, and i hate that. even when the deadline is long, or the standards lax, it still sort of weighs on you.

Okay, that sounds reasonable to me. It's like common sense, right? Sophie, if you want to write that blurb knock yourself out ;) unabashedly buck-passing haha

And Liana, thanks for your input it was totally welcome!

7/4/2010 #359
sophiesix

totally, thanks Liana! much appreciated.

Oh Gawd I just read Maybe and the Wolf. *reminds herself firecely why she writes. play to strength, Sophie play to strength!*

Though actually, i was hearing about the local writing group i joined up here, and they do quick writing exercises every month. my initial thought was oh bugger, because i'm really no good at writing short things, and i do get so sick of wasting time persevering on things i'm no good at, but then the imaginary writers group replied, no but thats precisely what you ought to do. you'll never get better focusing on what you're good at. you'll only get better by making the badder bits better. *sinks into contemplative pout*

What thinkest thou all?

7/6/2010 #360
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: xenolith sophiesix, lookingwest
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member