The Globe
Shakespeare and other stuff. The big kids club.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
lookingwest

Seeing in Sepia--great narrative and use of memory! XD

12/8/2009 #61
sophiesix

a lovely trip down memory lane :) Interesting the train theme this month.

12/8/2009 #62
lookingwest

a lovely trip down memory lane :) Interesting the train theme this month.

That's because trains are soooo cool. Though I've never been on one (not counting a subway). We don't have ridable trains here in the Midwest, though I imagine they would be fun from what I see in movies. Or not fun because they are associated with commuting :S

12/8/2009 . Edited 12/8/2009 #63
sophiesix

trains ARE very cool. why is it that they can take us to places like hogwarts and limbo and stuff, but planes and metro never quite seem to go there?

12/8/2009 #64
xenolith

haha, because trains are old-school. I've been on a steam-train once. It was awesome! Oh and side-note, I love Hogwarts! Someone take me to the theme park when it opens ;)

12/8/2009 #65
Indestructible13

Hello all! I just found this forum not half an hour ago and thus have yet to read any of your work, but I'll get crackin' on that eventually. In the mean time I'm going to do the typical thing and advertise my own work here!

12/9/2009 #66
lookingwest

I'm on it! Finally, I've been looking for something to do for the next hour, haha.

12/9/2009 #67
xenolith

Okie dokie, reviewed two chapters, get back to that later! And I still have a gazillion other reviews to catch up on so I might as well do those then as well :)

12/9/2009 #68
sophiesix

if anyone is feeling particularly bored, they can flame 'Lost' for me (ok, so maybe not actually flame...XD but CC would be good). I'm not used to write short things let alone short things with no plot, (ie no deaths, no random mutilations, no romance, no monsters, etc, yeah, sadly, that's my idea of plot ;) ), so I'm a bit nervous about this one.

12/10/2009 #69
Eponine254

Wow, I got 10 reviews for Sepia in the first 24 hours! That must be a new record for me. I don't know how many of them came from here, but I'm working on repaying them now that my internet's working again. Thanks, you guys! :)

12/10/2009 . Edited 12/10/2009 #70
xenolith

Alright, because we're all being WALLFLOWERS, thought I'd start things back up again. Review my story Mouthwash and you shall recieve my thanks, and a review in return.

It's like... 500 words. Do it.

12/14/2009 #71
sophiesix

alrighty...

12/14/2009 #72
lookingwest

DONE! :D

12/15/2009 #73
xenolith

Woot! Thanks guys! Reviews will be repaid by the end of ze day XD

12/15/2009 #74
Indestructible13

I can't thank you enough for that last review xeno! I have no idea how I missed all of those, but I updated it and fixed them.

12/16/2009 #75
xenolith

Sweet as :) and I'll go back and read over the dragon part, see what changes you made to it. Still have two chapters to go till I'm up to date, and Sophie, I still have a million chapters of First Drawn to go. Thanks so much for reviewing Anoxic Love though, you rule! Emily I'm slowly charging through VATR, and if it wasn't already obvious by now, I love Orion and I want to keep him for my very own and put him in my pocket and care for him. I'd put Elliot in my pocket, but he'd probably bite my fingers off, no?

Oi. I need to get out more haha!

12/16/2009 #76
sophiesix

lol, yes, Elliot would suck you dry, I think, and chew on your bones for desert. you can keep Orion, I"ll have Dexter :)

Don't feel you have to read First Drawn, Xen, it's really just beer and pretzels stuff. A Puppet in the Hand is my lamb roast at the moment, although i keep getting distracted by the tapas of a thousand and one little competitions :)

12/16/2009 #77
xenolith

No, it's good, and I want to know what happens! And Dexter is cute too. Such great names, Dexter, Orion, Noah... I wish I'd thought of them! Orion in particular. Naw, I loves him :D

Where do all these competitions come from? I feel like I haven't written anything new in aaages. And I'll have to check out this lamb roast you speak of. Mmm yum.

12/16/2009 #78
Indestructible13

I'd be a lot better reviewer if I could actually read romance stories without either laughing at the sad parts and feeling disgusted at the mushy parts.

12/16/2009 #79
xenolith

Haha, fair enough! I'm not too great with fantasy stories for some reason.

12/16/2009 #80
lookingwest

No, it's good, and I want to know what happens! And Dexter is cute too. Such great names, Dexter, Orion, Noah... I wish I'd thought of them! Orion in particular. Naw, I loves him :D

Lool. Ya'know. They didn't all have those names to begin with. The only characters who have kept their original names have been Orion and Caleb. Because zey are my favvoorites!

Reviewers got VERY angry about Elliot's name change (but I swear I started loving him more after I gave him a personality and new name to match). And Dexter's. I had a lot of controversy over Dex's. But I was like: NO. Their original names were lame and stupid. I would not stand for it.

And so was Noah's *cringe* no one complained about that change, XD

You have no idea how happy that makes me, that someone actually thinks I did a good job naming them, after such kicking and screaming from other fans. In fact, I think for sure that two people stopped reading after the first chapter :S I felt terrible, XD

As for my reviewing--I need to get everyone's stories read more. I didn't even THINK about First Drawn as being FIRST before Spirit Song. Stupid. I need to read profiles MORE carefully! I also need to get Andrew's finished up and Xen--I've heard great things about Anorexic Love and I swear I will get my butt over there....I think I'm going to do some reviewing tomorrow after I move back in for the break with my parents--but then if I don't get all of what I want done, I might extend some of them into the review marathon...which I am super excited for...for some reason...

I'm not too great with fantasy stories for some reason.

Yeah, I'm not too fantastic either, and I don't know why INSIWB is in fantasy...it needs to get back over to Supe. I don't know what I was thinking! I leave the super awesome descriptive magical fantasy up to Andrew. Because that is where it belongs.

12/16/2009 #81
xenolith

Reviewers got VERY angry about Elliot's name change

Eh, sounds like the crazies over at fanfiction.net. Bloody... torch and pitchforks, argggg.

As for my reviewing--I need to get everyone's stories read more.

Anoxic Love is riddled with tense badness and other little tidbits that I need to go back and fix, but it's also my favourite :D it has so much of me in it... tis crazy.

but then if I don't get all of what I want done, I might extend some of them into the review marathon...which I am super excited for...for some reason...

I want to do this review marathon, now that I think about it. I think I will. Over at the RG, right?

12/16/2009 #82
lookingwest

I want to do this review marathon, now that I think about it. I think I will. Over at the RG, right?

y'sm. Gonna be awe-soommmee. I'll seriously be there at 2 in the morning (my time) at my local 24-hr diner, ready to start, XD

12/16/2009 #83
sophiesix

What were their names before? They are great names. I often just write xxxx when i'm first writing up, til i settle on a name. In one story i never did find a name, so called the guy Foreks. If a name is really starting to bug me, i just name them teh first thing that popos into my head. i figure no one chooses there names anyway, at birth, and I can always change it later if i hate it. My Eliott used to be Ellis, so if you find a random Ellis here or there, that's who that is :)

yeah Anoxic Love is so so so good.

I've been trying to write a speculative fiction piece the past few days and getting absolutely nowhere: the prompt calls for fast paced spec fic and mine are all being lugubrious and contemplative. fantasy in a short story is HAAAARD, i mean short stories are hard enough, when you have to great a whole new world and have a fast paced plot... man. So i ate a tub of ice cream last night and sat down to write jam packed sci fi action XD It was fun. now if i cold only write a proper ending, i'd be set.

12/16/2009 #84
lookingwest

What were their names before?

Well, on the pretenses that I was too embarassed to say for fear that they would ruin your view of them, I wasn't goin to tell you. But now that I'm super hyper on coffee and twix candies at 1:00AM--I will tell you almost anything

Prosper- named because I thought it was baddass WHEN I WAS 12. Later, conveniently kept because it was the evil guy in a Shakespeare play. Changed to Elliot. Because no one would even want such a cheesy name EVER in the name of fiction-land named by a 12 year old girl. And because Elliot would hate himself if he was named Prosper, because he is smarter than that cheesy name...so much smarter, and so much more evil.

Damien- named because I HATED writing about Noah. He was my least favorite character, so at 12 I thought I was clever. Notice how my POVs don't involve him. That's because I didn't like him SO much, that I just didn't want to deal with his point of view. That's changed, however, obviously, I like him fine now. So because I like him, I gave him a wonderful new name--a name after one of my old HP fan fiction made up werewolf characters, Noah. Who was a fan favorite back in the day, and was never re-used in any original stuffs.

Trace-.......I do not remember what he was named before that, but here is how I named him Trace: Me. 7th grade geometry class. Daydreaming about my story. I looked up above the white-board, and there was a circle, it said something like: Trace the degrees--whatever. So I thought to my 13 year old self: self, Trace! Name your awesome new character Trace!........Changed immediately to Dexter because Trace is the most boring name I have ever heard in my entire life, and it pained him to be named something so boring, when he was so not boring. So from boring ass Trace, to awesome Dexter. And people complained about it! Pfftt. See if I listen to fans anymore! XD

So i ate a tub of ice cream last night and sat down to write jam packed sci fi action XD It was fun. now if i cold only write a proper ending, i'd be set.

I'm so bad with writing under prompts, but I love the creative challenge and I think you're very talented with them, so I know you can do it Sophie! You will do wonderfully...it does sound tricky though, when there's so much detail going into fantasy writing, it's hard to get it compressed to something brief--but I have faith in your talents! And tubs of ice cream, are so delicious, more delicious than this mini twix bar!

I LOVE COFFEEE!!

12/16/2009 #85
sophiesix

ok Trace was a terrible terrible name, i mean, its a girls name to start with and... yeah... just bad. Dexter is SO much better!

I think Prosper is an interesting name... but not for Elliot. Prosper is just not bad ass enough. which is kind of funny though because First Drawn Eliott is as unbadass as you can get whil still walking in pulbic without having something thrown at you... but i think of him more like that Elliot who had the dragon. Your Elliott is entirely your own!

and damien, yeah, it could go either way. I have a friend of a friend called damien, so it gets vetoed as a name for me :)

so I know you can do it Sophie

lol, thanks! I can feel the pull already to create a heap of back story for these people and devlop their relationship, and think about their future, and i just have to say NO! No soup for you! we are ending here! there will only be strings tied, and thats it! speaking of which, I might just undo their past relationship... keep it simple, stupid XD no more ice cream left tonight, so i'm down to applecrumble and watermelon. still good!

12/16/2009 #86
xenolith

Haha, Prosper! Elliot is a huge improvement. And yep, agree with Sophie about Trace.

So what is Speculative Fiction? And yum watermelon ice cream crumbleadfkoafjdfu fkeadlj greu *drools*

12/17/2009 #87
sophiesix

"Speculative fiction is a fiction genre speculating about worlds that are unlike the real world in various important ways. In these contexts, it generally overlaps one or more of the following: science fiction, fantasy fiction, horror fiction, supernatural fiction, superhero fiction, utopian and dystopian fiction, apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic fiction, and alternate history"

according to Wiki :)

alright i have an ending of a sort. good enough for tonight. streamlining begins tomorrow!

12/17/2009 #88
lookingwest

Woo!

Chapter Five of I Never Said I Was Brave is up on the stage! Literally! AND ...tis very short. BUT Chapter Six will be coming in like, seriously, a day.

I feel as though this chapter deals too much with narration and backstory, so I'd love any feedback on how I could have handled it better...or maybe you save that for Chapter Six...oh well! Whatev! Your feedback will be dually repaid!

12/17/2009 #89
sophiesix

yeah yeah yeah!!! WICKED!!!!! i thought teh first lot of backstory with the uni stuff was awesome, it totally hoooked me. the 'about a month ago' one wasn't quite so well done, it felt more narrated from a distance, i couldn't feel Wicked in it as strongly. Stupid Nikky! killing him to save him from Death. I wonder how Wicked will get along with Dexter in my pocket...

12/17/2009 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: xenolith sophiesix, lookingwest
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member