The Globe
Shakespeare and other stuff. The big kids club.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 .. Last Next »
lookingwest

I like your picture lyra :3

10/27/2011 #811
A. Gray

Gray Tiger

10/27/2011 #812
lookingwest

fantasy und sci-fi 8D mmm

10/27/2011 #813
A. Gray
its mainly sci fi, but used the sci fi aspect to bring bacj elves and demons and stuff.
10/27/2011 #814
lookingwest

sweet! that's a cool idea! i had problems figuring out my world last night with that...i think i got something without science but i think i would be totally cool to combine those--really creative.

10/27/2011 #815
A. Gray

I hope that I can do it well. My main char is a "born" elf instead of a reamped elf.

10/27/2011 #816
lookingwest

sweet! i decided to go with "learned" instead of "born" blood for my necromancers, should be fu n, haha

10/27/2011 #817
Stephanie M. Moore

Well, I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes. This is my first year attempting NaNo.

Profile is here:

10/27/2011 . Edited 10/27/2011 #818
A. Gray

My first year too.

10/27/2011 #819
A. Gray

still trying to figure out how to explain the difference between Born and revamped. The revamped were born human, but got DNA restructuring to take on the characteristics they want. Two revamped elves get together and make a born elf. I think that the other main character is a human it will really help me clarify it when she like goes off on him for contantly refering to her as revamped.

10/27/2011 #820
Nesasio

It's kinda the difference between engineered and bred, isn't it? Makes sense to me. The engineered could even be called hybrids or chimeras if you wanted, though I think chimera's closer.

10/27/2011 #821
lookingwest

Makes sense to me too, and what Lyra said, haha.

And yay Steph! peer pressure, it WORKS!

10/27/2011 #822
Stylistic Nightmare

10/27/2011 . Edited 10/27/2011 #823
lookingwest

Derek Manning is a psychopath.

welp that got my attention 8D

10/27/2011 #824
lookingwest

what is the FP etiquette for this thing, anyway?

I get the vibe that ppl usually never post their NaNo projects, or they do it after November.

I feel like posting during Nov will just result in lots of questionable grammar craziness and editing dark holes. Just wondering if anyone is planning to upload during the season or not.

If they get that writing buddies thing up and going, can you like peek at your friend's progress/writing? I feel like it would help me to procrastinate if I browsed everyone else's prose, hahaha.

10/27/2011 #825
Stephanie M. Moore
I wasn't planning on posting for the exact reasons you mentioned. It'll probably be pretty rough.
10/27/2011 #826
Stylistic Nightmare

People do post their NaNo projects, but usually only after November ends. Some do it as they write, but the majority seem to like to wait.

And yeah, when the Writing Buddies function is working again, you'll be able to see how many words your buddies have, every time they update their word count. Can't see their actual writing though. You only upload your writing to the site once, at the end, to verify the word count. During, you just manually update your own word count.

10/27/2011 . Edited 10/27/2011 #827
lookingwest

ahhh right, that's what i was thinking.

that should be fun.

now i can race people. / will not get very far, XD

10/27/2011 #828
Nesasio

Just wondering if anyone is planning to upload during the season or not.

I've considered it, if only from the plotting/story development input I might get while writing it. Of course, since I haven't picked an idea yet this is all still hypothetical, hah.

10/27/2011 #829
lookingwest

Yeah see was thinking about that too--but then I'm a bit squeamish about putting in that classic "DON'T REVIEW THIS FOR GRAMMAR/SPELLING" kind of thing that I would be tempted to do. although it's a more classic case for it--kind of forgivable...maybe. hahaha.

10/27/2011 #830
lookingwest

OH.

also. i just realized. maybe this is bad, whatever. but this might also be like the first novel i've tried writing since high school that i don't have to think about crit as i'm doing it--so it's like...i can do whatever i want...not end on cliffhangers... that's kind of cool... or maybe i've become so used to the FP-way that I won't be able to hack it D: *fears*

10/27/2011 #831
YasuRan

That happens to be one of my major fears about Nano. I think I've got to used to really thinking through my chapters as I right, sometimes even going over them after they're published. I've been thinking about taking up Nano this year but gosh, it's a big commitment for someone who's so used to writing at leisure. That, and I worry about my muse caving in halfway-through or even earlier.

10/27/2011 #832
jhkuzshcfsehf

I've quit my job and signed up for the NaNo! :D

My project for the NaNo will be the continuation of something I was posting on FP, but I didn't plan on updating the story till the end of NaNo either... Just more stuff to do and think about when you must already write so much.

10/28/2011 #833
Radielle

That's the good thing about working for yourself. Being the boss, I can give myself less work in order to concentrate on NaNo. Oh wait, NaNo is work anyway in my case.

I'm continuing my project from last year. I've written about a third of Revenge Sworn through NaNo last year. I'm using this year to finish up. The first two chapters of Revenge Sworn are up on FP, but they were written last year. I don't plan to put more than the first 4 chapters on the site since the novel will be published some time in 2012.

10/28/2011 #834
Stylistic Nightmare

The Writing Buddy feature is working again.

10/28/2011 #835
xenolith
wow, there's so many of us! me: this is my third year of nano. last year I failed miserably but the first year I wrote 60k about a couple of college kids who loose their minds. this year I'm working on a biopunk novel. not sure what's going to happen but I've got a few random ideas. see how it goes :D
10/28/2011 #836
lookingwest

We should make a list...

We should put that list in What's On or something...

yes...

10/28/2011 #837
Engineer of Words

For the record, I'm going Nano this year as well. Winning.

10/29/2011 . Edited 10/29/2011 #838
xenolith

holy shit only one hour and five minutes till nano. ahhhh probably should have spend the last two hours planning instead of watching game of thrones!

10/31/2011 #839
lookingwest

SEVEN HOUUURS for me, haha

yeaaaauhhhhhhh

10/31/2011 #840
« Prev Page 1 .. 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: xenolith sophiesix, lookingwest
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member