The Globe
Shakespeare and other stuff. The big kids club.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »
lookingwest

PS.

Song that I was thinking of while reading Liana's newest WCC: Boxcar by The Rosebuds

12/6/2010 #511
C. Tattiana H-H

Ooo, I really like both songs, especially We Are Your Friends, though! Good picks, man.

Glad you enjoyed the Metronomy tracks. The entire album is pretty awesome, so you should check out the rest when you can.

12/6/2010 #512
Skies.Revolt

Needtobreathe = Excellent study music :)

12/7/2010 #513
Jealous Rage

Considering the date, here are some appropriate songs I think:

Pantera - Floods

John Lennon - Imagine

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell and John Lennon

12/8/2010 #514
xenolith

30 years, huh. wow

o_O

12/8/2010 #515
Jealous Rage

Yeah. It's pretty crazy.

12/8/2010 #516
C. Tattiana H-H

You guys have to check out this video. The song is good, but the video is hilarious. (Riton & Primary 1 – Radiates)

12/11/2010 #517
dx713

As I'm writing about Raya Yarbrough in the other thread, here she is singing "Lords of Kobol" with the BSG orchestra during a live concert.

Sometimes, I wonder if I'm not a bigger fan of the show's music than the show itself...

12/11/2010 #518
C. Tattiana H-H

I recommend this band to ANY poet out there, for sure. Isaac Brock is a lyrical genius and uses so many awesome literary devices and ahhh, I heart him.

I once waded through a crowd of people shoving them in every direction so I could touch his shoulder. Which I did. I have touched his shoulder.

I just saw this.

I'm totally with Emily on this. Isaac Brock really is something out of this world brilliant.

I'm strangely jealous of Isaac Brock shoulder touching. That's awesome.

12/12/2010 #519
xenolith

animal machine by the vines. wheeeeeeeee! :p

12/13/2010 #520
YasuRan

:O

I had that song on my iTunes... gotta re-download.

12/17/2010 #521
thewhimsicalbard

@jealous:

RIP Dime. Rock in Peace.

12/17/2010 #522
berley

This has been one of my favourite songs of all time since I was about ten. It started my love for David Bowie and Queen, besides of course the movie Labyrinth...which I'm totally adding as well..

Under Pressure

Magic Dance!

12/18/2010 #523
berley

Ohh, then I have to add this, because David Bowie and Nine Inch Nails is just...amazing.

12/18/2010 #524
xenolith

YES!

YES!

YES!

good choices.

12/20/2010 #525
xenolith

the mars volta frances the mute tonight.

BOOM

12/20/2010 #526
lookingwest

Excellente song choice, me LOVE Mars Volta!!!!1!

12/21/2010 #527
lookingwest

his voice is so dreamy o_o

12/21/2010 #528
lookingwest

I know this is really unlike me and I really hate this guy's guts, to the extreme maximum, but his new album is really awesome. I've never hated an artist so much for making a good album in my entire life. XD

Lost in the World

It's Kanye West. Featuring one of my favorite artists of all time, Bon Iver. I hate Kanye West for doing this to me.

This is the original Bon Iver song which also really reminds me of winter and I love it too :D

Woods by Bon Iver

I like what Kanye did with it and everything, but my god. T_T I hope those royalties made Bon Iver a King. A KING.

12/23/2010 #529
lookingwest

also uh, pretty sure that album cover for Kanye's is banned somewhere apologies if it somehow offends you...good thing this is the Globe. XD

12/23/2010 #530
thewhimsicalbard

Here My Train a Comin' (acoustic) - Jimi Hendrix Experience

My favorite pointless blues song of all time.

12/29/2010 #531
xenolith

NEED NEW MUSIC

AND I NEED IT NOW

!!!!@!!!

1/6/2011 #532
thewhimsicalbard

Xen, you might try a band called Phoenix. They're pretty good. You could also try a little-explored subgenre, like Celtic folk (my favorite obscure genre!!!).

1/6/2011 #533
Tawny Owl

If you like obscure genres then look for wheeler street on You Tube. They're a folk band, more rocky than celtic though.

1/7/2011 #534
demonhaunted

I tend to have specific playlists for the feel of what I'm working on. For this, as a sample:

Here I Sit in Prison, Cowboy Mouth

Houses of the Holy, Led Zeppelin

Don't Worry Baby, Los Lobos

Texas Flood, Stevie Ray Vaughn

Strange Times, The Black Keys

21st Century Schizoid Man, King Crimson

Children of the Revolution, T. Rex.

Last but not least, the Dead Man soundtrack, Neil Young. It's a great movie, if you haven't yet seen it - and a stellar cast. The ending's spoiled in the video, though.

Lots of generally vaguely acid-tinged/disjointed-sounding blues rock or edgier Western rock that I come across gets added to the list. It's easy enough for me to ignore real-world lyrics for the fantasy setting so long as the vibe fits.

1/9/2011 #535
lookingwest

have you heard the new Kanye West song that has 21st century by King Crimson in it?

I hate that man, but it's really good. XD I also love King Crimson! Woo!

Also, woo Black Keys!

1/9/2011 #536
demonhaunted

I haven't, no, but I am allergic to vocoder - does it use it like the one linked above?

I will check it out in any case, and any other reccomendations in the same wheelhouse, if you have them.

1/9/2011 #537
thewhimsicalbard

Black Keys, Zep, and Stevie Ray are all excellent choices.

On my plate (as I told Em earlier, don't judge me too hard): this song

1/9/2011 #538
demonhaunted

Nugent can make good music when he wants to; the problem is that he doesn't always want to.

His politics, on the other hand... I am way, way too liberal, especially socially, to feel much of a kinship. I live in a hunting area and don't necessarily condemn it when appropriate (necessity hunting, as opposed to sport hunting), and appreciate his stance on conservation as well, but everything else, especially his social views, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Your mileage may very well vary; not trying to start flames here - just saying that I don't agree with him. :)

1/9/2011 . Edited 1/9/2011 #539
C. Tattiana H-H

Today's Pick: 4 Minute Warning - Radiohead

1/9/2011 #540
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: xenolith sophiesix, lookingwest
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member