The Globe
Shakespeare and other stuff. The big kids club.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 .. Last Next »
xenolith

I watched that on one of your tumblers *(wow grammar and spelling is terrible today!)*

Yeah, anyway, the video is stunning. Song is pretty badass too.

2/10/2011 #571
lookingwest

Ohmygosh.

I am being so emo today with music.

Be emo with me.

The Calender Hung Itself

2/11/2011 #572
Nesasio

Ugh, I've been playing this song on a loop the last two days. Too much love for it. XD

Delerium ft. Sarah McLachlan - Silence

2/11/2011 #573
C. Tattiana H-H

Today's Pick: White Winter Hymnal - Fleet Foxes

2/12/2011 #574
lookingwest

FLEET FOXES WIN!

2/12/2011 #575
C. Tattiana H-H

Today's Pick: Atlas - Battles

(Totally going to be a CK dream-trip song).

2/13/2011 #576
lookingwest

wow, cool, I dig that song Liana, XD,where did you find them? I don't think I've ever heard of them...or maybe I have them from BIRP...but eh...*goes to look*

OMG, I DO!

XDXDXD I've had this song for forever but I had no idea until right now!

Sweeet! I love BIRP! They always make me feel ahead even though I ignore half of the shit on there and then finally find out about it months later... :/

Thank you for showing me this, it was doubly nice that I didn't have to go out and download it--bonus! Instant-listen win!

2/13/2011 . Edited 2/13/2011 #577
lookingwest

I just realized...

I don't know if anyone ever uses them, but this is a SUPER cool playlist I download almost every month, it's usually really cool and ahead of the curve on some music that comes out so you hear it first, it's called:

Blalock's Indie Rock Playlist, and you can stream it (to see if you like anything on the playlist) and then torrent it right from the site, which is here:

http://www.blalocksirp.com/

Each month they come out with a new playlist. It's a super cool way to find out about new music if you like indie rock as much as I do :D

2/13/2011 #578
lookingwest

of course there's usually over 100 songs on the playlist and some times it's just a lot of generic indie crap...BUT, there are diamonds in the rough that are totally worth it.

2/13/2011 #579
lookingwest

PS.

I have another Battles song...

It's from the Twilight Eclipse soundtrack.

WHY. DO ALL THESE GOOD BANDS. KEEP GETTING RECRUITED. BY EVIL FAIRY VAMPIRE LOVERS?!

@_@

2/13/2011 #580
lookingwest

@Liana:

Another CK song, perhaps?

Teenage Eyes

Found it on February BIRP, hahaha

it has a bit of Thom Yorke in it, I think...

2/13/2011 #581
C. Tattiana H-H

wow, cool, I dig that song Liana, XD,where did you find them? I don't think I've ever heard of them...or maybe I have them from BIRP...but eh...*goes to look*

I found them via. Skins, actually. The show has an awesome soundtrack and e4 lists almost all of the songs they use in each episode (here: http://www.e4.com/skins/series5/music.html). So while I was watching an episode, when I heard a song I liked, I ran to the list and made a note of the song to check out later. :D

Really glad you liked it. I thought you would. Race In is another good one to check out.

I don't know if anyone ever uses them, but this is a SUPER cool playlist I download almost every month

Oh, nice! Thanks for linking that, I've never heard of it before. Will definitely be checking it out tomorrow!

Another CK song, perhaps?

it has a bit of Thom Yorke in it, I think...

O: Buffering right now, I'll let you know!

2/13/2011 #582
C. Tattiana H-H

@Emily's rec for CK

Omg, yes. Loving the bass and piano. Definitely some Radiohead/Thom vibes coming from these guys so I dig. Will have to listen to more of their stuff tomorrow and find a way to fit the song into CK somehow, if not at least inspire a scene. Thanks, man!

2/13/2011 #583
Nesasio

Some random youtube-clicking brought me to this song, which I've always loved. It's only in live form so he goes a little flat once or twice but I still think it's great. Too bad it's not on any albums. :/

Blue October: Sorry Hearts

But, yeah, it's inspired a couple of my stories so maybe it'll help someone else. Or not. XD Whatever works.

2/14/2011 #584
C. Tattiana H-H

Today's Pick: Queen In My Pictures - Animal Collective

Been in a Animal Collective mood lately. Dig it.

2/14/2011 #585
lookingwest

This is a nostalgic music week.

Did anyone here every listen to this song

Space

? :D

Schmexy emo piano eyebrow pierced man :3 ............who was later diagnosed with Leukemia but BEAT IT! ....and then formed the back Jack's Mannequin...it was so-so. But not as good as this band. :/

Bonus power up! That was played at my high school talent show junior year by some kid named Randy Kamambi! You go Randy!

*girls swoon*

2/14/2011 #586
lookingwest

@Lyra: I never really got into Blue October but I see the inspirations part, they're stuff is catchy indeed!

@Liana: I've actually never heard that AC song. AND IT'S NOT EFFING WORKING BECAUSE MY INTERNET IS SLOWER THAN A TURTLE ON A HIGHWAY RIGHT NOW.

T_T AC BUTILURVU.

2/14/2011 #587
C. Tattiana H-H

Today's Pick: Leaf House - Animal Collective

True story, I've listened to this song thirty-six times since I heard it for the first time last night.

2/15/2011 #588
lookingwest

wooot! Now I know that one ;)

That's the first Animal Collective song I ever listened to.

....meow.

kitties!

meewwww.... *wanders off*

2/15/2011 #589
xenolith

love! love! love!

2/15/2011 #590
YasuRan

Currently listening to: Cats in Heat - The Honorary Title

At least they could've come up with worse song titles. A good song for ambience's sake.

2/18/2011 #591
thewhimsicalbard

Blink-182's Enema of the State.

#highschool?

2/22/2011 #592
Phoenix sraet

Honestly, finding a new album is like crushing on a girl... You like what you hear, then you get used to it, and in the end, you know who you really love because you can hear every single screw up, every out-of-place track, and you love them all the same.Haha, love the metaphor, Patrick.

Let's see, music, music, music...yesterday it was AC/DC's "Back In Black" album, today I seem to have Eleanor Rigby on loop (the Beatles version, of course).

Do you guys like Alice in Chains? Here's one of my favorite songs: Heaven Beside You

2/22/2011 #593
C. Tattiana H-H

I seem to have Eleanor Rigby on loop (the Beatles version, of course).

Ohemgee, that song and I used to be BFFs for MONTHS. So good.

2/23/2011 #594
C. Tattiana H-H

Totally haven't been posting my picks for eight days. D:

Gotta go out right now but when I get back I'll check out the stuff before this and then post something.

2/23/2011 #595
lookingwest

I posted this on my tumblr but I've renewed my love for these guys--like the UK version of YYY

Don't Give Up by the Noisettes

2/23/2011 #596
sophiesix

Count Basie and Duke Ellington's dudes meet up for the first time for a

dang, whaddya call it?

impromptu, that'll do. improvisation session? wahtever. They make it up as they go along.

Battle Royal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK86vpOYmr8

turn it up LOUD! :D

2/25/2011 #597
C. Tattiana H-H

WHAAAT?! Omg, Sophie, AMAZING pick! I ♥ it!

2/26/2011 . Edited 2/26/2011 #598
thewhimsicalbard

I kindasorta miss the 90s.

Green Day, Basket Case.

2/28/2011 #599
Nesasio

Current Obsession: Tatu/Rammstein - Sacrifice

2/28/2011 #600
« Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: xenolith sophiesix, lookingwest
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member