The Globe
Shakespeare and other stuff. The big kids club.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »
thewhimsicalbard

That's pretty hardcore. I like Rammstein a lot better when they don't put their singer's voice through eighty layers of effects. It hits tons harder that way, in my opinion.

So, today, I've been on a binge for a great metal band called The Sword. They do a great job of pulling bits from all of the great metal bands of the past three decades, while at the same time being original. Plus, they write songs in freaking alliterative verse.

/vikingmetalfromtexas

Freya

Lament for the Auroch

Lyrics for the latter:

Laboring in the liquid light of Leviathan Spectres swarm around the sunken cities of the Saurians Rising up from the void through the blackness of eternal night Colossus of the deep comes crashing down with cosmic might And none may see again the shimmering of Avalon Or know the fates of all the races man has cursed Long gone are the ages of the Alchemists Now there are none who know the secrets of the Earth Harken to the howl of the huntsman's hounds Or the clarion of kingdoms doomed and drowned Lost to these lands is lore of the high ones Sunless skies await the return of hte Archons Lament the passing of the Auroch And the slaying of the ancient wyrm Would you dare to meet the gaze of the Basilisk Or face the flames as the Phoenix burns? And none may see again the shimmering up of Avalon Or know the fates of all the races man has cursed Long gone are the ages of the alchemists Blessed are those who keep the secrets of the earth Lament the passing of the Auroch And the slaying of the ancient wyrm Would you dare to meet the gaze of the Basilisk Or face the flames as the Phoenix burns?

3/1/2011 #601
Tekla

this is stuck in my head. trance ftw.

thanks Web. XD

3/1/2011 #602
sophiesix

this is what we are learning our next belly dance to: "Black Machine" o.O I love it, but wow. hard.

3/2/2011 #603
C. Tattiana H-H

Today's Pick: Tainted Love - Gloria Jones

3/2/2011 #604
lookingwest

pretty sure that's one of the coolest songs of all time, but I really do like the darkness that soft cell put into it...

still, gotta respect the roots, man!

3/2/2011 #605
C. Tattiana H-H

Skins and Mifits have like, the best soundtracks ever. I always hear at least one song I like in each episode, which then prompts me to go check out the track listings on e4.

My most recent find was Santogold. I'm listening to the album right now and loving every track. So I recommend checking her stuff out on YouTube when you can, and I'll post my pick for today once I've listened to the entire album. ;)

3/3/2011 #606
C. Tattiana H-H

Kay, right. Found a different song I'm in love with. Check it.

Today's Pick: It's Obvious - The Au Pairs

3/3/2011 #607
lookingwest

My most recent find was Santogold. I'm listening to the album right now and loving every track. So I recommend checking her stuff out on YouTube when you can, and I'll post my pick for today once I've listened to the entire album. ;)

Oh yeah! Stantogold is really good. I don't know if you saw, I mentioned at the RG OT. If you ever have a chance to see them in concert, go! I got a chance at Lolla and their set was ammmazing. It was a super cool show!

3/3/2011 #608
Nesasio

Current Obsession: AWOLNATION - Guilty Filthy Soul

I linked it over in the RG earlier while music-spamming and now I can't get it out of my head.

3/3/2011 #609
lookingwest

http://www.blalocksirp.com/playlists/2011/4831-birp-march-2011

For those who like Indie music! New stuff from Bright Eyes, Absofacto, Panda Bear, Okerrvil River, TV on The Radio and Architecture in Helsinki!

You can listen it to by pushing the "Stream" button just for a playlist or download it if you use torrents.

Looks like a fun month so I'm going to get it :D Already digging the Absofacto!

3/3/2011 . Edited 3/3/2011 #610
lookingwest

Current Obsession: AWOLNATION - Guilty Filthy Soul

I kinda like it, reminds me of The Black Keys...

and omg that music video...XD...never seen it before now...wow that's annoying. XDDD

You know and I liked that song, used to be one of my Jude songs, but that kind of ruined it. Not happening. I'll stick with this one.

*mellows out*

3/3/2011 #611
C. Tattiana H-H

Today's Pick: Hummer - Foals

3/4/2011 #612
lookingwest

Today's Pick: Hummer - Foals

blocked in my country :(

I think I have some Foals though, let's see...ah! I do have this song! :D *jams*

conveniently one of the...3 that I have, XD

3/4/2011 #613
Phoenix sraet

This is tonight's pick for me: Spotlight (Oh Nostalgia). I cannot get enough of this song.

3/4/2011 #614
sophiesix

The Au Pairs = NICE!!

the black keys - is that a real movie? the costumes are kinda... they're joking, right?

Spotlight (Oh Nostalgia). - catchy, love the rhythm

3/5/2011 #615
YasuRan

My pick for the moment: All Mine by Portishead

This would set the perfect scene for a neo-noir film.

3/5/2011 #616
thewhimsicalbard

Story of my morning: Whiskey, You're the Devil.

3/5/2011 #617
C. Tattiana H-H

Spotlight (Oh Nostalgia). - catchy, love the rhythm

+1

All Mine by Portishead

I love Portishead!

Whiskey, You're the Devil

This song made me smile. I need to listen to more drinking songs, always a great rhythm.

3/5/2011 #618
lookingwest

the black keys - is that a real movie? the costumes are kinda... they're joking, right?

Yeah, XD, that was a music video, heh

3/5/2011 #619
lookingwest

My Saturday Jam!: Neighborhood #2 (Laika)

I love the story of that song...the lyrics are super cool, and I mean, it references Alexander the Great, vampires, dancing, and the Russian space dog Laika. I don't know how much cooler a song can get, XD.

I know that Arcade Fire's music can seem a bit "busy", but this song man, this song is golden!

3/5/2011 #620
lookingwest

Oh, and one more, me is sorry for music overload :(

Good shapeshifter music: You're A Wolf

That song was totally cool.

Then they used it in Zombieland :/

/succumbs to hipster-saying. NOOO! XD

3/5/2011 . Edited 3/5/2011 #621
Jealous Rage

Today's song: Tool - Schism

3/7/2011 #622
C. Tattiana H-H

Favourite Tool song evar.

3/7/2011 #623
lookingwest

Favourite Tool song evar.

+1

and demise of me playing bass on "hard" while Mike is playing guitar on "hard". We failed because of me every single time.

Except for that one time we won. With like, three stars. XD

3/7/2011 #624
berley

I love Tool. I want to see them live again soooo badly.

Guh. Best show EVER. Though Nine Inch Nails was a pretty close second.

3/7/2011 #625
Jealous Rage

Yeah, Tool is the shit. Hopefully, there'll be a new album later this year.

Today's song: Cold - It's All Good

3/8/2011 #626
lookingwest

@Cold

Oh. my. god.

I REMEMBER THAT BAND!

I used to listen to them ALL THE TIME back in the day! I'd totally forgot about them! Oh man, I used to listen to Stupid Girl all the time.

And wow...I was angry. XDDD

I think that's when I also used to listen to Staind...

XD Anyway. Since I was listening to Cold like...circa angst2003, an update was definitely in need, thanks for sharing Don!

3/8/2011 #627
Jealous Rage

No problem haha.

Today's song: Sevendust - Strong Arm Broken

3/9/2011 #628
Jealous Rage

Today's song: Down - Never Try

3/12/2011 #629
Nesasio

Current Obsession: Mumford and Sons - The Cave

3/13/2011 #630
« Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: xenolith sophiesix, lookingwest
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member