The Globe
Shakespeare and other stuff. The big kids club.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
PapaMike

indeed you did, I would have never have known otherwise lol

7/15/2010 #91
Jealous Rage

If anyone is interested, I have the rough draft of the first chapter of my new story ready to be proof read. The chapter (tentatively titled "Heard It All Before") is 3,375 words long. The story (tentatively titled "It's In the Cards") falls into the Supernatural/Fantasy genre, and will ultimately involve many elements/creatures from both genres. The first chapter makes it clear that the two main characters aren't human, but it doesn't provide any details about what they are. If anyone has the time/inclination to give it a read through for me, just let me know and I'll email it to you. There's no hurry.

7/16/2010 #92
PapaMike

if no one else has already offered, i'd be happy to help :) i'll try my best not to Anglicize the spelling, and i'd love to have a peek at it.

7/17/2010 #93
Jealous Rage

All right cool. Just send me your email address in a PM (or post it in here, whatever works for you haha) and I'll send it to you.

7/17/2010 #94
PapaMike

done and done, I will try and do that today and have it back to you this evening/afternoon, I forget the time difference, but for you it should be afternoon

7/17/2010 #95
Jealous Rage

All right, I sent it. Just get it back to me when you can.

7/17/2010 #96
PapaMike

sorted, hope it was helpful

7/17/2010 #97
Jealous Rage

Thanks for the feedback; I appreciate it.

7/18/2010 #98
C. Tattiana H-H

All right, Mama Mike (I'm still testing out nicknames for you. Forgive the lameness). I've finally finished reading through your chapter. Excellent stuff, I must say. Emailed you my thoughts and suggestions. :D

7/18/2010 #99
PapaMike

Thanks for the help Lili

7/20/2010 #100
C. Tattiana H-H

No problemo. ;)

(Virgin)

7/20/2010 #101
Jealous Rage

I have nothing to say. I just wanted to have my picture beside each thread haha.

7/21/2010 #102
Jealous Rage

Xen, would you mind taking a look at my edited version of chapter 1 of Fate Stepped In? I shuffled some things around and changed a few things up based on your suggestions. Just let me know if you want to check it out and I'll email it to you.

7/24/2010 #103
xenolith

Sure. You've still got my email?

7/24/2010 #104
Jealous Rage

Yeah, I've still got it. I'm sending it to you now.

7/24/2010 #105
xenolith

Replied.

Good shit.

7/24/2010 #106
Jealous Rage

Thanks for the feedback Xen; I appreciate it.

7/25/2010 #107
PapaMike

A rather unusual request, as well as looking at a couple of new chapters when they're finished, for Avalon and it's various side stories, is anyone willing to take a look at a few illustrations and offer up some crit? It might not be for a few days, as the last few pages are slow going (like getting blood from a stone and then turning it into wine, hard, dirty, and ultimately a little bit sick) and wont be done until later in the week, if not the weekend.

8/3/2010 #108
C. Tattiana H-H

I, mos def, would be willing to offer my services. I don't know how helpful I'd be with the illustrations, though. I'm no artiste, but I can let you know whether or not I like it. ;)

8/3/2010 #109
PapaMike

I was hoping you would offer your services, they are, after all, top notch!

8/3/2010 #110
C. Tattiana H-H

Aww, shucks. :D

8/3/2010 #111
C. Tattiana H-H

Hey, guys.

So, I've pulled the first ten chapters of Shadows off Fiction Press so I can edit them. Here's the deal, though: I'm a busy woman. I need a beta.

I'm looking for someone, or a group of people, to look over the first ten chapters and help me out. I've posted a beta request here (one post up) with all the details. If someone feels up to the task, please let me know.

Also, if you want reviews in exchange or love-vibes sent your way, I'm down for both. :D

8/4/2010 #112
sophiesix

i"m happy to beta them, lol, i think my style of reviewing lends itself better to beta-ing anyways :) Won't get done heaps speedily though, coz of bloody RL workload. lol, i shouldn't diss it, its a great job, i'm just bitter i don't have teh time i won't for everything else too.

argh, i went to kick boxing this morning and JR i feel your post-gym pain. uurrrgh.

8/4/2010 #113
C. Tattiana H-H

Oh, Sophie, that would be wonderful!

Take your time with it, I'm not in any rush. :D

So, how do you want to do this? Are you willing to do all nine or do you just want to do a few? Also, what sort of payment are you seeking?

Ooo, kickboxing sounds fun. I've always wanted to get into that.

8/4/2010 #114
sophiesix

It is fun :D I love it. but damn i'm sore now. teach me to have a month in the field! Send me all of 'em, i'll PM you my email address. your reviews of Puppet in the Hand aer plenty paymetn enough!!

PS i'm making sock puppets at working today. god my job is good sometimes.

8/4/2010 #115
C. Tattiana H-H

*smooch* You are wonderful, Sophie.

I was sadly interrupted when I was reading A Puppet in the Hand, so I haven't had the chance to write out more reviews for you. Fear not, though, you shall have some more reviews soon. :)

Sock puppets are so much fun! Is that one of the ones you made in your icon?

8/4/2010 #116
sophiesix

no worries!

Yeah, that's 'Blacky' X) I"ve done 'Spot' and 'Dingo' too.

8/4/2010 #117
C. Tattiana H-H

Sent. (Thankie, once again).

I like! Very creative. My sock puppets never turned out so well. XD

8/4/2010 #118
C. Tattiana H-H

I have another request!

I just "finished" writing my piece for WCC and although I like the style, I don't think it reads coherently enough. I'm trying to hint at things without explicitly saying them, but I don't feel I've done a smashing enough job at it. If someone, or a few people, could look over it, I would love them forever! It's only about 800 words, so nothing epic. :D

8/5/2010 #119
PapaMike

I'm happy to look at it, I can do it today if you email it across :) don't know if i'll be any help, but i can try

8/5/2010 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: xenolith sophiesix, lookingwest
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member