The Globe
Shakespeare and other stuff. The big kids club.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »
Jealous Rage

All right thanks. I'll email it to you now.

10/3/2010 #151
xenolith

Sent that email back, Don. Good luck with the rest of the chapter!

10/3/2010 #152
lookingwest

South of Heaven RULZ!

10/6/2010 #153
xenolith

Next Chapter! Next Chapter!

Oh. While I'm here. Can anyone take a look at a short piece for me? I'm worried I was trying to do too many things, writing wise. Its like I try to emulate all these different styles in the same piece, and I try not to do it but this crazy thing happens in my head and then I fret because I want to write like me but I don't know what that is anymore and it's pretty much a mini writing identity crisis.

Any help/comments/suggestions would be appreciated :D

10/17/2010 #154
sophiesix

Shiore. send it on ovuh.

10/17/2010 #155
xenolith

gee, thanks! pm email?

10/17/2010 #156
sophiesix

A-ffirmative

10/17/2010 #157
xenolith

sent. thanks muchly XD

10/17/2010 #158
sophiesix

Done. NO worries!

10/17/2010 #159
xenolith

thank you thank you thank you for the advice, sophie. now I know what to work on. yey! :D

10/17/2010 #160
lookingwest

It's that time of the month again! :D

I would absolutely love it if someone would take a look at the next chapter for INSIWB, Ch. 13. You don't need to do extensive beta work if you don't want to, but I'll have some questions I just need answered. I've got a few problems with it and I think I need some opinions before I'm completely comfortable with the way it's going, it's not my usual style.

For instance, I'm not even done writing it and I'm well over my chapter word limit on what is most desired. XD So if anyone would want to read it when I'm finished writing it up, that would be a wonderful thing!

I'd prefer someone who has read up to the latest chapter, but if that's not possible then that's okay too--might be thoroughly confused though (ahem, another problem with this chapter, but bwahaha, which of my chapters isn't confusing?! lawls)

By the time it's done it might be between 3,000-4,000 words, so just to give you an estimate on what you'd have to read too...

Let me know!

10/17/2010 #161
dx713

If you've got no problems with me being:

1) very slow

2) not a native English speaker

I'm game for playing the questions game.

10/18/2010 #162
PapaMike

Hello Globe!

Hope all is well and the mad rush of life hasn't got to you yet, so in between classes and research have been spitting out hideously short scifi snippets, which are subpar and in need of a damn good thrashing! If anyone has spare time it's just here http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2857128/1/The_Wind_at_Ravens_Rest

10/19/2010 #163
lookingwest

@Dx - Because I needed it beta read within a two day span I ended up changing a lot of it and then Liana volunteered, so thank you bunches for your offer, but I think I got it, XD I actually ended up changing even more after Liana beta-read too, so we'll see how it works out, XD

10/19/2010 #164
xenolith

Mikey! Yes. Shall give that a look see.

10/27/2010 #165
C. Tattiana H-H

Ladies and gentlemen. Ladies and gentlemen. Ladies. And. Gentlemen. Liana is FINALLY writing chapter twenty-seven of Shadows! O:

This version is gonna stick, yup. No more testing out all the other POVs when Tael's is, in fact, the most logical one to jump to.

BUT, I need someone to read what I've written so far. It's around 1600 words and I'm hoping to break 2K, but I've fallen into a sort of slapstick dialogue that doesn't suit a prince speaking to a commoner.

So, um, yes. Anyone want to take a look see? :D

10/27/2010 #166
C. Tattiana H-H

It's okay, everyone, don't all rush to help at once. ;)

I've already posted it so it's fine. :P

11/6/2010 #167
sophiesix

Gah, sorry liana, totally missed that post... which reminds me i'm so behind on shadows!!!!! sorry sorry sorry, can't wait to read more Tael :D

11/6/2010 #168
C. Tattiana H-H

Pfft. No worries, hun! :D

Take your time; I'm in no hurry.

11/6/2010 #169
lookingwest

Heeeey Globe!

So. I have this really shit chapter I wrote for INSIWB. It's the motorcycle one. And I would like to get it out at least this month or before Thanksgiving, but that might not happen.

I'm looking for someone who is willing to read it and focus on telling me where the transitions REALLY need worked on and maybe suggestions for how to improve it. My problem with the chapter, especially, is the want to really rush ahead. Consequently it jumps weirdly in some scenes without description of really anything and some motivation for characters like Jude and Ephraim seem extremely rushed.

I'd also be looking for suggestions on whether or not there would be a better place to start the chapter and end it. I basically, XD, just want to know if the overall plot of the chapter has a good intention or not, but it honest to god needs a lot of revision.

Anyone up for the task? :S I make it sound really annoying but honestly I just need a fresh pair of eyes on some of these damn scenes, XD

11/15/2010 #170
xenolith

hmm. I'm free, I could do it if you want?

11/15/2010 #171
lookingwest

:D

OMGOMGOMG, XEN! THANK YOU SO MUCH! OMG. It's HP week AND you are amazing. XD

Okie dokie, so I will send it to you...I think I have your email, yeah. So I'll send it to you there, or I could open up a file share on Skype too and you could open it whenever you get online there? I might do it that way too since I'm just lazy...XD

11/15/2010 #172
xenolith

either way, though email is best for me. you know, with me being an obsessive email freak and all... :p

no worries. I'll be able to get that back for you by tomorrow morning. hopefully tonight.

11/15/2010 #173
lookingwest

Sent it! And yeah, take your time, I just am looking for something to work with until the 24thish, XD

Thanks again!

11/15/2010 #174
xenolith

did you get my email? hope I was of some help :3

11/16/2010 #175
lookingwest

oh! Yes I did! Thank you thank you thank you! It took me about an hour to get around to working up courage to look, XD, it was very good and confirmed stuff that I need to focus on, plus, thank you for mentioning the Whitman thing--that's one of those settings that I just assume everyone knows even though it was only mentioned in Ch. 5, 6, and 7, XD, so I'll definitley need to clarify there. It's the school, essentially, where Alphonse has his little base set up and everything ^^

Anyway, thank you so much again for looking it over for me, I believe I have what I need to focus on finishing it...I also am thinking I might take it in a slightly different direction with some of the parts too :D So this was marvelously successful, hahaha

11/16/2010 #176
xenolith

oh no you had mentioned whitman... i feel like a total dooshe now! teheh. well, eep, sorry. memory's not so good :p

11/17/2010 #177
lookingwest

oh pft, that's okay. seriously I update like once a month.

If this were actually a coherent novel I don't think I'd have as much trouble, XD, but I forget half of the stuff in FP stories that don't update all the time, etc.

Ah, the plight of FP fiction, XD

11/17/2010 #178
sophiesix

So, my cousin has a big birthday coming up and is requesting poetry. she likes eliot, donne (why? why???), heaney, and neruda. She doesn't want really depressing stuff. Any ideas on what i could get her?

11/18/2010 #179
PapaMike

http://www.benjaminzephaniah.com/content/index.php mixture of political and the comical, usually a really good read with joy flowing from every page and fantastic rhythm.

also maybe spike milligan, who is ironically the anti depression when it comes to poetry.

Hi globe, been a while, managed to get some free time, wondering if anyone was available to have a look over my finished version of the wind at raven's rest. Not yet posted to fp so I can pm you it or email you it. Just let me know. Cheers xxx

11/18/2010 . Edited 11/18/2010 #180
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: xenolith sophiesix, lookingwest
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member