The Globe
Shakespeare and other stuff. The big kids club.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
xenolith

uuuhhh I don't feel like writing another 2k today. I just want to watch star wars. is that too much to ask?

6/13/2011 #61
xenolith

probably.

-_-

6/13/2011 #62
xenolith

shit.

6/13/2011 #63
xenolith

globe, we're moving up in the world!

6/13/2011 #64
xenolith

ahhh ah ahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

6/13/2011 #65
xenolith

okay I'm going to change my desktop picture, see if that motivates me to write this scene

6/13/2011 #66
xenolith

and move the dock around because hey, why not

6/13/2011 #67
xenolith

and wow my eyelids are so heavy right now I hate mondays

6/13/2011 #68
xenolith

fuuuuuuuuuu

6/13/2011 #69
xenolith

well, that was a great waste of half an hour

XD

6/13/2011 #70
xenolith

why does time go so fast when you're procrastinating? it's not fair.

6/13/2011 #71
xenolith

1,500 words to go. It's 9pm.

6/13/2011 #72
xenolith

We've got a full tank of gas, half a packet of cigarettes. It's late. And we're wearing sunglasses.

6/13/2011 #73
xenolith

hit it.

6/13/2011 #74
xenolith

blaaaaaaah i'm so alone

6/13/2011 #75
xenolith

don is the only person who can ever really forum dominate now. lesigh.

6/13/2011 #76
thewhimsicalbard

Don and Sheriff, that was one of the more entertaining threads I've ever read here. Morals on the Dresser... sounds like a good band name. On the bright side, I'm off to go work in the sweltering heat and disgusting humidity in a nasty construction warehouse. Funnnnnn....

6/13/2011 #77
xenolith

great band name, I agree.

bye patrick! have fun in the sun XDDD

6/13/2011 #78
sophiesix

Sophie wishes she could stay in 1939 europe instead of going to work tomorrow. thats saying something, isn't it?

6/13/2011 #79
A. Gray

black plague yummy...

Morning Globe!

6/13/2011 #80
Jealous Rage

Morning, AJ.

6/13/2011 #81
A. Gray

omg your up!

Hi Don!

6/13/2011 #82
Jealous Rage

Yeah, had to go do some banking/shopping this morning.

How're you?

6/13/2011 #83
A. Gray

not bad. Looking forward to some time off next week even though it will be internet free.

How are you?

6/13/2011 #84
Jealous Rage

I'm good. Have some money in my wallet for the first time in a long time, some Jack Daniels stashed in the back of the fridge, and sort of feeling the urge to write. Definitely not a bad way to be haha.

Looking forward to some time off next week even though it will be internet free.

Going on vacation?

6/13/2011 #85
A. Gray

Going on vacation?

Kinda. My hubby and I are dropping of our daughter at her grandma's in AZ for two weeks. We take her down and they bring her back. So I took a couple days so once we drop her we have 4 days free with no kid and no work. It's amazing how monumental that seems after 7 years of a little one under foot!

I'm good. Have some money in my wallet for the first time in a long time, some Jack Daniels stashed in the back of the fridge, and sort of feeling the urge to write. Definitely not a bad way to be haha.

That's a great place to be! I got about 7k words in my novel last wee, but none this weekend. I hope that some of my time off will be writing! I still am writing the back story for the romance crap, and still need to get my climax finished. I worry that it will end up being too long though I have a clear defined area to end the novel at.

6/13/2011 #86
Jealous Rage

Kinda. My hubby and I are dropping of our daughter at her grandma's in AZ for two weeks. We take her down and they bring her back. So I took a couple days so once we drop her we have 4 days free with no kid and no work. It's amazing how monumental that seems after 7 years of a little one under foot!

Nice. I'm sure my mom used to feel the same way haha. Actually, she probably feels that way everytime I leave the house to visit a friend or whatever for a couple hours. Freedom. Even though I'm an Angel and never say a cross word or put one toe out of line. And yeah, I can say that with a straight face. haha

That's a great place to be! I got about 7k words in my novel last wee, but none this weekend. I hope that some of my time off will be writing!

Yeah, hopefully. I've been planning to work on SoH for the last couple of days; haven't really had anything else going on. Nothing came of it, unfortunately. Hope your free time is a little more productive than mine haha. Although I may yet write something today. I gave the prompt for Musedays this week, so I should probably try to come up with something for it haha.

I still am writing the back story for the romance crap, and still need to get my climax finished. I worry that it will end up being too long though I have a clear defined area to end the novel at.

Yeah, I can see where that would be worrying. Do you have a word count limit for chapters or scenes? Or do you just sort of go until the scene is done and hope it isn't ridiculously long? haha

6/13/2011 #87
A. Gray

Do you have a word count limit for chapters or scenes? Or do you just sort of go until the scene is done and hope it isn't ridiculously long? I currently just write it, but try to keep everything between 2.5k to 4k long chapter wise. It's all in one doc now so I keep looking at the overall word count.

6/13/2011 #88
Jealous Rage

Ah, I see. I try to keep mine under 5k haha. I don't have a problem going lower, say 2.5-3k, but all my chapters end up being between 4 and 5 anyway. Except for the first chapter of SoH; I think that one is somewhere between 3 and 3.5k. I do separate documents for each chapter though, not one big one.

6/13/2011 #89
A. Gray

I do separate documents for each chapter though, not one big one.

I do the same for anything that I am writing to put on FP, but I started my novel well before I found FP. It was meant to be a short story, but grew... eveil jerk. After I found FP I went back through to section it out for chapters, and that was when I really noticed the gaping hole I left while avoiding the romance bit.

I never seperated it out into separate docs because I haven't found a beta that I can really rely on. When I do find someone willing to stick with me through a novel then I will start separating and getting it set for posting.

6/13/2011 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: xenolith sophiesix, lookingwest
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member