The Globe
Shakespeare and other stuff. The big kids club.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Jealous Rage

Ah. I used to keep everything in a single document as well, though I switched to separate ones sometimes after I left FP the first time, and before I came back. Originally, it was because I shared the computer, as in all of us on a single account, so having just one document was easier to work with. Now, that's no longer an issue, so it's separate docs for everything haha.

6/13/2011 #91
A. Gray

That's nice! I have my own pc, but I write on mt laptop that I share with everyone. Most my stuff is on a flash drive that I carry with me everywhere and backed up on the two computers and an external hard drive. (I am super paranoid about something failing and loosing my work!)

I am actually looking at taking an english class to go over grammer again so I might start posting without beta. My grammer used to be so good, and now it sucks!

6/13/2011 #92
Jealous Rage

That's nice! I have my own pc, but I write on mt laptop that I share with everyone.

Yeah, I still share the computer with my brother, but we have separate accounts so it's not nearly as much of a hassle as it used to be. I'm going to buy a laptop as soon as I get a job though. And I do have a PC in my room I use for writing, that only I use. No internet on that one though.

Most my stuff is on a flash drive that I carry with me everywhere and backed up on the two computers and an external hard drive. (I am super paranoid about something failing and loosing my work!)

Haha yeah, better safe than sorry. Between the two computers I use, my flashdrive, my iPod, and my old MP3 player, I have all my work saved in multiple places as well.

I am actually looking at taking an english class to go over grammer again so I might start posting without beta. My grammer used to be so good, and now it sucks!

I've never used a beta. I usually have someone on here look over the new chapter, but other than that, and a quick read-through when I'm done, I don't worry about it too much. Spelling and grammar have never really been an issue for me, and I figure the reviewers will catch anything that slips through the cracks.

6/13/2011 #93
A. Gray

Spelling and grammar have never really been an issue for me

Must be nice! I am so envious now. I am trying to be better about it, and microsoft word catches a lot for me. I just hate putting up a work that is rough in any regard. I might just get over it, and see how bad it is with my horror short story collection. I have to admit I am timid about posting my novel.

6/13/2011 #94
Jealous Rage

Yeah, you never want to post anything that's full of errors or whatever. I'm not perfect, obviously; people usually find some errors in my spellings, usually small stuff like "the" instead of "they". But as long as you catch the major stuff, it doesn't come off too bad. It's different for everybody, of course. I just read through it quick, and I can usually catch any big, glaring errors. I know some people like to read aloud, or backwards; they were talking about that in one of the other threads the other day, I think. As long as you put some effort into catching any mistakes/errors in the piece, it should turn out all right. And there's always someone here in the Globe willing to look over anything, just to make sure it's all good.

6/13/2011 #95
A. Gray

It's nice that we have such supportive members here. I have become disheartened with betas. I know my last one was busy, but I haven't heard from her since last year!

I was reading that thread quite closely, and have been trying it to make sure I am catching more. /love globers!

6/13/2011 #96
Jealous Rage

It's nice that we have such supportive members here.

Indeed. We rock, hard.

I have become disheartened with betas. I know my last one was busy, but I haven't heard from her since last year!

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. I've never used a regular beta, mostly because I go a really long time between chapters and there's no way anyone would want to commit to betaing a story like that haha. Also, with the resources here at the Globe, and my own too-high self-confidence, I figure I've got shit covered haha.

I was reading that thread quite closely, and have been trying it to make sure I am catching more. /love globers!

Yeah, it's good stuff. I should probably pay more attention to it.

6/13/2011 #97
A. Gray

my own too-high self-confidence, I figure I've got shit covered haha.

Glad to know you're on Earth with the rest of us! lol

6/13/2011 #98
Jealous Rage

Glad to know you're on Earth with the rest of us! lol

Indeed haha. Sometimes, I get a little too conceited/arrogant, but I hope the fact that I'm aware of how bad I can get helps counter-balance it. Or maybe it doesn't. Whatever haha.

6/13/2011 #99
A. Gray

Sometimes I wish I had your confidence. I used to back when I first started writing, but somewhere along the way I lost it. I think I realized that there are much better writers out there than me, and I figured I would never get published. For the longest time my writing was just for me. I've only been sharing my writing for the last year and a half or so.

Ironic that the Jealous Rage makes me jealous!

6/13/2011 #100
Jealous Rage

Yeah, it definitely helps. I think I've probably always been pretty confident with my writing, something that's carried over from just my general personality. And with the writing, it's not because I think I'm the best writer ever, or that I'll for sure be published one day. In fact, I have no plans to even try to be published. Seems like a lot of hard work for possibly nothing. Anyway, I think it comes from the fact that I just want to write the kind of stuff I would want to read. I like what I've written, so I figure someone else out there must like it too haha. And if someone does like, someone else probably doesn't. I accepted a long time ago that's just the way it is, and I think that's probably part of why I am they way I am haha.

For the longest time my writing was just for me. I've only been sharing my writing for the last year and a half or so.

That's not bad. I know quite a few people who're still keeping their stuff under wraps. It's good that you finally started putting it out there for people to see, critique, like, dislike, or whatever. I've heard people say you'll never really get better at writing if you never let anyone see your work, and while I don't necessarily agree with that, I do think that a writer who never allows the chance for their work to be recieved by the public, either well or badly, is definitely missing out on an important experience.

Ironic that the Jealous Rage makes me jealous!

Indeed haha. Of course, since I'm so arrogant, I just assume everybody is jealous of me always. Or is that narcissistic? haha

6/13/2011 #101
A. Gray

I just assume everybody is jealous of me always. Or is that narcissistic?

So very!

I think that I want to be published (still) because it's really the only goal I've set for myself. I always wanted to see my book on a shelf in a store with my pseudonym on it even when I thought it not possible.

On a side note I just realized this is a new pit as the other is filled. I feel so dense now. XD

6/13/2011 #102
Jealous Rage

I think that I want to be published (still) because it's really the only goal I've set for myself. I always wanted to see my book on a shelf in a store with my pseudonym on it even when I thought it not possible.

Yeah, it's a good goal. For me, I think it would be pretty damn cool to be published, but it's not something I'm looking at ever seriously pursuing. Too many things would have to align, and I lack the ambition to ever see it through to the end. Plus, I just don't think my particular style is something that translates as anything more than an FP-type story haha. I have a penchant for incredibly strong characters, and people tend to dislike them.

On a side note I just realized this is a new pit as the other is filled. I feel so dense now. XD

Nice haha. Yeah, the last one only had four or so pages left, so I finished it off.

6/13/2011 #103
Tekla

Don and Sheriff, that was one of the more entertaining threads I've ever read here.

There's more where that came from! ;D

6/13/2011 #104
xenolith

No one loves me this week. Only two automated emails and one text message. That's pretty sad :/

6/13/2011 #105
Jealous Rage

Turn on your FP alerts. I'll say "You're awesome, Xen" at the end of every post I make in here. haha

6/13/2011 #106
xenolith

Heh, that's cool.

Naw I should probably buy some phone credit and catch up with a few friends. Lord knows I need the company!

6/13/2011 #107
Jealous Rage

Yeah, I need to do the same. I spent a weekend with a couple friends about a month ago. Haven't seen any since. To be fair, all of my friends who live close work a hell of a lot, but still.

(You're awesome, Xen.) haha

6/13/2011 #108
sophiesix

you're awesome Xen :)

6/13/2011 #109
xenolith

okay, that's enough lol

6/13/2011 #110
Jealous Rage

Feeling the love now? haha

6/13/2011 #111
xenolith

sure

:D

6/13/2011 #112
xenolith

uh, am tired. do not want to go for run later. do want to skip, and go straight to bed.

6/13/2011 #113
Jealous Rage

Do it. Skip the run. It's what I would do.

6/13/2011 #114
xenolith

noted, haha.

6/13/2011 #115
sophiesix

(you're still awesome)

X)

6/13/2011 #116
sophiesix

gah all i want to do is try out new things for Noch. why oh why do i have to earn a living??

6/13/2011 #117
JeanneLaska

Back home from work, supposedly to do my schoolwork (got a meeting scheduled with my supervisor on Wednesday), but I want/need to write this new scene I've come up with on the way to work. :x

6/13/2011 #118
berley

why oh why do i have to earn a living??

Earning a living is over rated. Just prostitute your body and then you can write all you want. ;)

6/13/2011 #119
Jealous Rage

Indeed. Or maybe give bank robbery a shot.

but I want/need to write this new scene I've come up with on the way to work. :x

Fuck yeah, writing. Homework can wait.

6/13/2011 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: xenolith sophiesix, lookingwest
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member