The Globe
Shakespeare and other stuff. The big kids club.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
S.R. Revel

haha, when I typed 'Panera Bread' I almost typed 'Pantera Bread'.

Sandwiches from Hell???

11/16/2011 #2,911
S.R. Revel

mmmmm bruschette garlic pizza

11/16/2011 #2,912
Dr. Self Destruct

Sandwiches from Hell???

Mmmmm, spicy.

11/16/2011 #2,913
Dr. Self Destruct

Gotta love when you sit in the EF thread for over a day. -_-'

11/16/2011 #2,914
A. Gray

that seems to happen to you a lot...

11/16/2011 #2,915
Dr. Self Destruct

I better do my laundry. And make something to eat. Blah blah blah, I don't wanna get up, I'm too lazy.

11/16/2011 #2,916
Dr. Self Destruct

that seems to happen to you a lot...

Mmmhmm. I've had three people so far tell me they won't read my stuff because of the rating, and those three people were/are pretty much the most active on the forums, lol.

I don't think it's the length. I mean, I put my two one-shots on there that are both under 2k words for people to read if they don't wanna read TAK. o.O

Makes me feel guilty to ever play. I don't want to grind the games to a halt, but I want people to read my stuff. -_-' And most of the people who play in Depth recently I've already reviewed all their chapters/are review buddies with them.

And then there's those days I do it just to be spiteful, and then a few hours later sigh and regret it.

MEH! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH.

11/16/2011 #2,917
Dr. Self Destruct

They should just suck it up and read it; it'll put some hair on their chests.

Even if they're female.

11/16/2011 #2,918
A. Gray

lol. that sucks.

11/16/2011 #2,919
Dr. Self Destruct

And not in a good way.

11/16/2011 #2,920
S.R. Revel

I got kind of sick of the EF, otherwise, I'd take you down, but I don't want to review your stuff with constraints. Plus I have ALOT of catching up.

I feel the quality of your work Nicole, speaks for itself, fuck reviews

11/16/2011 #2,921
S.R. Revel

people on here is already hiding behind a computer, you think they're gonna take the time to do a review, fuck no

you have to pull teeth around here to get anyone to seriously read your shit

11/16/2011 . Edited 11/16/2011 #2,922
S.R. Revel

sorry I'm ranting

11/16/2011 #2,923
S.R. Revel

and I killed everyone with it.

shame on you Steph 2.0

11/16/2011 #2,924
Dr. Self Destruct

After three days of procrastinating, laundry is finally done! /cheer

I have so much underwear it makes me depressed.

people on here are already hiding behind a computer, you think they're gonna take the time to dro a review, fuck no

Heh, that's true. I do a lot more lurking than I should, too. I have a bad habit of reading stuff and not dropping a line because I feel too lazy at that moment, but normally I'll come back to it in the following few days and do one.

Thanks for the boost in confidence. :D I've been feeling kinda down lately because of my lack in writing -- I've hit one of those hurdles where I just don't feel like doing anything when I open the word doc, and when I do feel like writing, I'm stuck at work or something stupid. D:

and I killed everyone with it.

Shot through the heart, and Steph 2.0 is to blame.

11/16/2011 #2,925
Dr. Self Destruct

But seriously, I just could never see myself not reviewing something merely because of the content. I don't care if it's religious, high school drama shit, sappy romance, smut, an essay, poem -- I don't fucking care. I'll read it and comment, try to find something I like about it so I can at least have a somewhat positive review, and take it with a grain of salt, ya know? Now, horrid spelling/grammar/sentence structure is one thing, but content? Come on. Have an open fucking mind for once.

And even then, I still sometimes read stuff that looks like a four year old wrote it.

Which reminds me... I still owe Herro two reviews. Fuck. Me.

11/16/2011 #2,926
Dr. Self Destruct

You'd think fellow writers, regardless of age or maturity, would be willing to read all sorts of shit to soak it up and alter some style methods of other people they find that they like. I especially like reading things that make me uncomfortable, or something I've never really seen/read before -- it helps you grow and learn as a person. Anything that gets a reaction out of you, whether it's positive, negative, disgusting or funny, should be what's important. Not just pretty words and pictures... But I guess people are too scared to step outside their safety zones.

So long as it's not stranger danger, I'm open to anything. :D

Which also makes me think about that convo Steph and Dragon had about the WCC. I usually look at execution and skill, not just content. If it looks like something someone spent five minutes to write (-cough- like last month's WCC winner -cough-) I won't vote for it. Pissed me off when something like that won over something like Em's entry, which you can tell she put a lot of fucking effort into, or Dragon's and Steph's, which was just... I dunno... felt like a fucking story, you know? Not some bad attempt at prose/poetry that I didn't even think twice about once I was done reading it. Then I had to go and review it... ripped it apart. -_-'

BUT THAT'S THE GOOD THING ABOUT OPINIONS! They're like assholes and everyone has one.

(but that doesn't mean you should go showin' it to everyone)

Stop ranting, Nicole, and go make something to eat. You're hungry, remember?

Oh yeah, so I am.

11/16/2011 #2,927
A. Gray

Fuck. Me.

OK!

11/16/2011 #2,928
A. Gray

I have to admit I was rather suprised and dismayed to see last months WCC winner. I was rather uninspired by the prompt too.

11/16/2011 #2,929
A. Gray

this months prompt.

11/16/2011 #2,930
S.R. Revel

BUT THAT'S THE GOOD THING ABOUT OPINIONS! They're like assholes and everyone has one.

this is why Facebook wins, they give you the opinion to have.

To hit the 'Like' button or don't give a fuck. Quick. Easy. Instant gratification, its all we ever want!

11/16/2011 #2,931
S.R. Revel

I too comment on everything I read, except maybe not every chapter.

If I am reading your stuff, you will know it!

11/16/2011 #2,932
Dr. Self Destruct

There's a website called Figment that's like FP where you can do stuff like 'liking' something. They also have different reactions you can give, like 'awed', 'scared', 'wowed', 'happy' shit like that in addition to leaving comments and reviews. But when I was on there, all I found were stories that were written by like 12 year olds. it was sad. Of all the stories I read, the chapters were about 300 words long, and every single one started with a girl meeting some incredibly attractive dude in the first chapter and falling in love with him.

11/16/2011 #2,933
Dr. Self Destruct

I loved the thing you came up with for last month's prompt, AJ, about the wife wearing her husband's skin. Too bad you didn't submit it in time for the voting -- I'd've voted for that in a heartbeat. xD

11/16/2011 . Edited 11/16/2011 #2,934
Dr. Self Destruct

It's too bad SKoW and La Campanella don't do their awards thing anymore. By the time i actually learned what the hell they were, they stopped doing it.

QQ

11/16/2011 #2,935
Nesasio

After November's finished, I need to read people's stuff. It's something I've been meaning to do and with NaNo I really want to do it now (yay procrastination!) so yeah. Note to self and general announcement to the Globe. *nods* I'ma read and review y'all. Even if it takes me all year. XD

11/16/2011 #2,936
Dr. Self Destruct

Well, once November's over, you'll only have a month left in the year, so that's not too long, hehe. ;D

11/16/2011 #2,937
Nesasio

*snort* True, but I don't think I could manage that. o.o My butt would hurt from sitting and reading and my fingers would probably fall off from typing so many reviews.

11/16/2011 #2,938
Dr. Self Destruct

My butt would hurt from

my mind went off on its own tangent when I read that.

11/16/2011 #2,939
Dragon made me do it

The Australia vacation commercials here are funny, I wonder what the United States ones are like, XD

you mean we have to advertise now? damn those New Zealanders with their Middle Earth and their hobbits, stealing our tourist dollar.

Oh, the way she does all that penis swaggering with Kristoph! I'm impressed!

lol it's growing up with nothing but guys for friends. Probably a case of penis envy as well.

that explains why I can't write male characters, didn't come across them until I started dating them, and then it was all fear of intimacy, mother complex, blah blah blah.

Mmmhmm. I've had three people so far tell me they won't read my stuff because of the rating, and those three people were/are pretty much the most active on the forums, lol.

I don't think it's the length. I mean, I put my two one-shots on there that are both under 2k words for people to read if they don't wanna read TAK. o.O

Makes me feel guilty to ever play. I don't want to grind the games to a halt, but I want people to read my stuff. -_-' And most of the people who play in Depth recently I've already reviewed all their chapters/are review buddies with them.

And then there's those days I do it just to be spiteful, and then a few hours later sigh and regret it.

MEH! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH.

that means I should get on to the forum reviews more, I much prefer your stuff!

11/16/2011 #2,940
« Prev Page 1 .. 88 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 108 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: xenolith sophiesix, lookingwest
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member