Mauderville RPG
A small town with a lot of history, and dangerous secrets. Some say parts of it are haunted, even possessed. A variety of creatures roam the small town, from fairies to shapeshifters to vampires. What lies behind closed doors and roads that dead end?
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
fictionalxbliss

Carl the elf has the best catfish in the state. The color scheme is red, white, and blue. The seats of the booths are red, the cushions blue and the tables white. Booths line the walls of the small restaurant, round wooden tables in the middle of the spacious floor. The seats of the booths are red, the cushions blue and the tables white. Each table is covered with a plain red or blue tablecloth. There’s also an old jukebox between the ENTER and EXIT doors of the restaurant. Carl works the register and tries to cook as often as he can. As you enter the small building you're hit with a fish-like smell and warm, slightly stuffy air.

Open from 10 am - 1 am every day!

On the Menu

Beverages: Water, Lemonade, Carls' Sweet Tea, Reheated Blood, and Beer.

Meals: Carl's Famous Catfish, Grilled Salmon, Pork Chops, Carl's Big Burgers, Carl's Chili Dogs, The Chancey Meatloaf, Fried Chicken, Big Shrimp Basket, Tilapia, Steaks and Potatoes (comes with 2 steaks)

Each meal comes with a large side of fries. (You can also request vegetables, but it tends to make Carl grumpy.)

11/12/2009 . Edited 1/19/2010 #1
fictionalxbliss

Carl flipped on the red neon sign that read: Open. He could hear his wife frying the catfish in the kitchen. Carl scratched his bald head and sat on the tall wooden stool, waiting for customers.

11/12/2009 #2
songbirdalice

Unity walked in, holding the door open for her. Carl looked at the people who came in, the new girl he could already tell she was a werewolf just by the way she held herself. He grumbled, having to get out of the chair. He glared lightly at the fairy then pulled out two menu's, ''follow me,'' he said, his voice was gruff and hoarse. Unity followed him to a table secluded in the corner by the window, setting down the menu's.

11/14/2009 #3
fictionalxbliss

Matilda watched the elf with wary eyes. She sat down on the table of the booth, pushing open the menu and looking at the options. She already knew what she was going to get.

11/14/2009 #4
Kawaii159

"Jesamine from Dun Road to Carl's Catfish*

Jesamine walked into the restraunt and looked around. There were aa bunch of people there she didn't know, and didn't care to meet. Instead of waiting, she chose a seat for herself and scanned the menu.

11/15/2009 #5
Kawaii159

Jesamine looked ove rthe menu with a grimace. There was nothing listed that sounded even remotely appetizing to her. "Well...here goes nothing..." she thought to herself and, with a sigh, she closed her eyes, and placed her finger a random place on the menu. She peeked to where she had pointed and frowned slightly as she read the blakc letters beneath her fingertip. "...catfish...joy." Jesamine placed hte menu back on the table and whistled to a grumpy looking elf who had been tending to two other customers, one of them a fairy. He looked quite irritated by Jesamine's form of communication and trugged over to her table reluctantly. "What can I get you..." he asked gruffly. "The catfish...I guess." she muttered in reply, and after he'd written down her order he walked off. She was quite happy to see him leave.

11/16/2009 #6
fictionalxbliss

[I'll take Carl off your hands]

Moments later Carl carried out a large plate and set it in front of Jesamine. The plate steamed with heat. It was filled with fries and three catfish fillets. He set a small bowl of tartar and cocktail sauce on the table. "Enjoy your meal," he mumbled angrily, waddling back to the kitchen.

11/16/2009 #7
songbirdalice

Unity sighed, ''well I guess I'll get catfish too,'' She smiled at Matilda.

11/16/2009 #8
fictionalxbliss

Matilda nodded, then faced the annoying elf. "Hmm, I'll have the grilled salmon with extra seasoning. Instead of fries I would like peas and mashed potatoes. Thank you!" Matilda knew it would annoy the elf. She had ordered vegetables just to do so.

11/16/2009 #9
Kawaii159

Jesamine looked down at the plate with a disgusted look on her face. She quietly prodded at the catfish with her fork before putting a small peice in her mouth. She was surprised to see that it wasn't completely nasty, and let herself finish off one of the fillets. Jesamine picked at her fries as she observed the people around her. There were chatty people, quiet people(whom she preffered), groups of friends, and loners like herself. Yawning quietly, Jesamine twirled a lock of her red hair around in her fingers. She was bored out of her mind, but then again, that happened often.

11/16/2009 #10
songbirdalice

Unity grinned as Carl walked to the kitchen grumbling about fairies. She sat back, ''so where do you live?" she asked the fairy, picking at the loose strings in her faded jeans.

11/17/2009 #11
Kawaii159

Jesamine stood up from the table, leaving her other two fillets untouched. She had finished atleasst hafl of her fries, and that was pushing it. Her stomach grumbled softly in complaint, but she only ignored it. She walked out of the resteraunt without leaving a tip.

*Jesamine to Mauderville Inn*

11/17/2009 #12
fictionalxbliss

"The Tulip Townhouse in Nightingale Park. I just recently moved in a few weeks ago, still haven't settled in. My family'shome burnt down about seven months ago so I've been staying at the Mauderville Inn until the house was finished." Matilda watched as Carl cleared the table where his past customer had sat. He seemed grumpier than usual. There was a loud clashing sound erupting from the kitchen as Carl began to yell. Matilda's eyebrows shot up, a small grin on her face.

There was a blur of green and brown in the restaurant. The figure stopped and looked up at Matilda. "Hello," said the tiny, chubby elf. Matilda giggled.

"Hello, Glad. How are you?" Matilda asked the elf child.

"Hungry," he replied.

"Me too," agreed Matilda. Her eyes met Unity's confused gaze. "Unity, this is Glad. He's Carl's son. The only nice elf I know other than Miss Flora." Glad slipped inside the booth on Matilda's side, grinning up at Unity.

11/17/2009 #13
songbirdalice

Unity grinned, amused, ''hi,'' she said cheerfully to the elf.

11/17/2009 #14
fictionalxbliss

"Who are you?" asked the tiny elf, watching Unity closely. Matilda smiled at Glad as Carl placed the plates on the table. Glad started to eat Matilda's fries, but she didn't mind.

11/18/2009 #15
fictionalxbliss

Carl set the tiny silverware in front of the fairy as he set down the drinks as well. He grumbled to himself as he headed back to the kitchen.

Matilda began eating her food, watching the exchange between Unity and Glad. She adored the little elf, regretting the day he would pass puberty and become just like his father. Truthfully, Carl wasn't all bad. It was just in his nature not to like fairies. When elves and fairies are young there is no rivalry between them. It would be sad for Matilda to witness the transformation, but it was years from now. So she would enjoy the sweetness while she could.

11/21/2009 #16
songbirdalice

Unity grinned at Glad, ''hello,'' she said smiling. She liked to meet new people, so she took any oppurtunity to. She took a drink and set the glass down, wondering what kind of people lived in this town.

11/30/2009 #17
fictionalxbliss

Glad finished off Matilda's fries. "I'm gonna go play. Bye bye!" The little elf sprinted off. Matilda giggled. "He's a little rascal," she said to Unity, her plate half-eaten. She sipped her drink.

11/30/2009 #18
songbirdalice

Unity grinned at the fairy, ''he's adorable,'' she said, laughing lightly. She took a bite of the catfish and sighed.

11/30/2009 . Edited 11/30/2009 #19
fictionalxbliss

"Yes, but it won't last long. Once he hits puberty he won't be the same," Matilda said sadly. She was finished eating and waited for Unity to finish as well.

11/30/2009 #20
songbirdalice

Unity sighed, she knew that happened to all elves, all cute and innocent until they hit puberty, ''it's sad.'' she said, finishing her catfish.

11/30/2009 #21
fictionalxbliss

"Yes, it is." Matilda looked at the clock on the wall. "I wish I could stay longer, but I really have to get to work. Stop by the boutique anytime!" Mtilda fluttered up from the table just as Carl came to collect the check. "Where's my money?" he growled. matilda rolled her eyes.

"Put it on my tab, Carl," she replied. "Bye Unity, have a lovely day!"

11/30/2009 #22
forever my sweet

Melody parked her car making sure she put her keys in her pocket. She walked in and resisted the urge to make a face at the smell of fish in the heated room. Melody spoted a table and sat looking over the menu quickly. She never really had been a fan of fish but didnt leave.

11/30/2009 #23
songbirdalice

Unity smiled at the fairy and stood, ''see you around,'' she said smiling. She walked out through the doors and to her car, getting in.

[[Unity to Mainstreet]]

11/30/2009 #24
fictionalxbliss

*Matilda to Main Street*

11/30/2009 #25
forever my sweet

She looked over the menu and sighed. Melody wasn't in the mood for anything on the menu. She stood, pushed her chair under and walked out. She got into her car and drove onto main street.

[[to main street.]]

12/2/2009 #26
xAmericanIdi0tx

[[Asher Entering]]

The bell rang above the door, notifying the owner someone had entered his little cafe. Asher looked around, eyeing an empty booth away from others. He slid into the cushions, waiting patiently for a waiter.

12/6/2009 #27
xAmericanIdi0tx

Asher groaned, getting impatient with the bad service. He shoved back out the door.

[[Asher to Mainstreet]]

12/8/2009 #28
fictionalxbliss

*Duncan entering*

Duncan let the door close by itself as he found a booth away from everyone else. Some elves gave him a dirty look and he glowered back. Carl came up o him, his usual cranky self. "What do you want now?" the elf grumbled. Duncan rolled his eyes. "The usual, and make it speedy." Carl took his time. Duncan waited impatiently for the food, his anger growing as the clock ticked.

12/17/2009 #29
fictionalxbliss

Duncan devoured the catfish once his plate was set on the table. As he ate his hands shook. He was on edge, not because of anger or hunger, but the upcoming evening. He could sense the full moon nearing as the day passed. He finished his meal, leaving behind a twenty dollar bill and a generous tip. He needed to put his bike away for safety, fearing someone would steal his only prized possession.

*Duncan to Main Street*

12/21/2009 . Edited 1/9/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: fictionalxbliss
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member