Mauderville RPG
A small town with a lot of history, and dangerous secrets. Some say parts of it are haunted, even possessed. A variety of creatures roam the small town, from fairies to shapeshifters to vampires. What lies behind closed doors and roads that dead end?
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
fictionalxbliss

The walls are covered with a variety of birds on wallpaper. There's a clock above the four poster bed that makes a bird call every hour. The sheets are a dark shade of red. Photographs of birds are placed spaciously all over the walls. The carpet is a deep blood red.

11/12/2009 #1
fictionalxbliss

*Duncan Entering*

Duncan shut the door behind him. He stripped off his clothes, leaving behind a trail of material as he made his way to the shower. He started the water and stepped in once it was heated. The hot water beat down on his skin, relaxing all the tensed muscles. His shower was quick. With a towel around his waist he went back in the room, locked the door, and crashed into his bed, sleep overtaking him.

12/9/2009 #2
fictionalxbliss

The beeper vibrated on the nightstand, a loud alarm coming from it's tiny speakers. Duncan groaned, rolling over in bed. He turned off the buzzer before sitting up. Running his hands over his face he thought back to yesterday and grinned. Unity had been perfect. He jumped out of bed, stubbing his toe on the way to the shower. He cursed loudly and knew that his day was ruined. The shower was quick, as always. He dressed in a pair of khaki slacks and a black button down shirt, tucking it in.

He attached his pager to his belt loop and grabbed his helmet. He shut his door behind him, locking it and placing the key in his pocket.

*Duncan to Main Floor*

12/11/2009 . Edited 12/11/2009 #3
songbirdalice

[[Unity from Main street]]

Unity walked in and rummaged through Duncan's stuff, grabbing cloths and stuffing them in a duffel bag. She grabbed his toothbrush and razor, also grabbing shaving cream. When she was finished, she walked out.

[[Unity to Main Street]]

1/22/2010 #4
R. Lauden

[[Ellie Entering]]

Ellie shut the door, flicking the switch on the wall. The lamp beside the bed flickered to life. She inhaled a deep breath, trailing across the room and dropping onto the mattress. She shrugged out of her jacket, opened her backpakc, and sifted through it for her baby book. Her fingers met with the worn cover. She had read it a dozen times, but needed to read it again. She wanted to be prepared when the time came.

Leaning back against the pillows, she opened the book to page one.

2/5/2010 #5
R. Lauden

Ellie set the book on the night stand. She stroked her stomach, swinging her legs over the side of the bed. She took a deep breath and the baby girl stirred in her womb. Her lips formed a mute 'O' of surprise, stretching into a warm smile. It seemed that Raewyn was more than ready to be born.

2/5/2010 #6
R. Lauden

Ellie heard the voices in the hall, they sounded loud and angry. She frowned, stirring to her feet and moved towards the door. She cradled her stomach as she walked. When she reached the door, she pulled it open. Paxton stood with his back to the door, she took a step into the hallway. Her eyes landed on Jesse, widening with shock.

Stepping back into the room, she slammed the door.

2/5/2010 #7
R. Lauden

Ellie made her way back to the bed. Her body was shaking. She sunk into the mattress, to stunned to think. Seeing Jesse in the hallway. She could not sort out her feelings. Raewyn seemed to be kicking more than usual, almost as if the closeness of her father had an effect.

2/5/2010 #8
xAmericanIdi0tx

[[Jesse Entering]]

Jesse pushed the door open slowly, cautiously stepping inside. "Ellie?" He said, keeping his distance. She had her back to him, lying on the bed. Ellie was upset with him, that much was clear and obviously didn't want to speak with him. He knew they had to though, at some point.

Now that Jesse was actually with her he couldn't find the words he wanted to say for the past six months. They were caught in his throat, choked off with the lumps of emotion. He clenched his hands to stop the anxious shaking, but it didn't help. He couldn't believe how nervous he was, the feeling was almost overwhelming. Jesse wanted to take her in his arms, ask her about the baby and how everything was going. He could sense the baby was healthy, and developing well. But he wanted to hear it from her, to hear Ellie's sweet, gentle voice again.

2/5/2010 . Edited 2/5/2010 #9
R. Lauden

Ellie heard the door open. Her heart sank. When he spoke her name, she blinked for a long moment. Tears leaked from her violet gaze. She wanted nothing to do with him. She had come to accept raising her daughter without him. He had no right to weasel his wake back into her life, their life. She remained quiet, tracing her fingers across her belly.

2/5/2010 #10
xAmericanIdi0tx

Jesse swallowed hard, forcing his voice out through the lumps of emotion. "I don't even know where to start." He muttered, keeping his gaze to the floor. There was so much Jesse wanted to say to her, and many different questions he wanted to ask about the pregnancy. "I'm sorry." He said, ashamed at how he was absent from her life for so long.

"I tried calling, but McFadden...he wouldn't let me. He said that my past should stay in the past." He informed her quietly, still looking down. "And that those were the things driving on my anger. God, I can't beleive how angry I was all the time," He muttered the last part to himself. "I've changed Ellie, I've changed so much." He said, finally forcing himself to look at her. "I told you I would get better. That...I would grow up. And I did Ellie. That's why I'm here."

2/5/2010 #11
R. Lauden

Ellie wiped away the tears, glancing over her shoulder at him. "It's a girl." She whispered, emotion catching in her voice. She refused to break down, refused to let him see her weakness. A part of her was relieved to see him. The other part furious. It had been months. He had not even tried to call, then he just showed up.

2/5/2010 #12
xAmericanIdi0tx

Jesse's breath stopped his throat, a smile growing across his face. "Really?" He breathed out, his nerves disappearing with the news. "That's...that's amazing, Ellie." Jesse said, moving towards the bed. "A girl? You sure?" He asked, unable to hide his happiness. He sat on the edge of the bed, tucking one of his legs underneath him. "I was such an idiot for letting you leave. I shouldn't have...I should have been there. I'm sorry. I am so unbelievably sorry, Ellie. I swear I will do anything to make it up to you. Just say the word and I'll get it." He said in a rush, to excited to even stop for a breath of air.

2/5/2010 #13
R. Lauden

Ellie blinked again, feeling the warm tears trail across her cheeks. "I'm sure." She nodded, her gaze trained on the floor. "Here." She told him, reaching for his hand. Her fingers weaved with his, guiding them towards her belly. "You can feel her." She pressed his hand against her stomach, feeling their little girl stir. She had never been so active before, but then again, Jesse had never been a part of their lives.

2/5/2010 #14
xAmericanIdi0tx

Jesse stiffened a little when she grabbed his hand, and opened his mouth to debate but quickly shut it. "Whoa." He said with a wide grin, jumping a little when he felt his little girl move inside Ellie. Jesse pressed his hand against her stomach, concentration on feeling the baby again. He grinned again when she moved. Jess looked at Ellie finally, "Wow Ellie, that's..." He was speechless, unable to find the right words to express his excitement. Another grin spread across his features with another forceful kick.

2/5/2010 #15
R. Lauden

Ellie managed a smile, glancing up at him. "I picked the name Raewyn." Her hand slipped from his, her fingers tangled in the hem of her shirt. "But, we can pick a name together. Well, if you plan on staying." She sucked in a deep breath, trying to tame the emotion. She tried to blame it on the damn hormones, but it was more than that. "I would understand... if this is just a visit. I mean--" She swallowed, stirring to her feet.

She crossed her arms under her breasts, which seemed to be growing with every other part of her body. "You probably have other commitments at the academy." She wrestled with saying the name of his mate, but decided they could both decipher her hidden meaning. She fought the urge to spin on her heel and stalk into the bathroom.

Suddenly, she was mad at him again. It must have been the hormones.

2/5/2010 #16
xAmericanIdi0tx

Raewyn. It was different, he would have to think about it but, maybe. Jesse looked up at her when she basically asked if he was staying and he opened his mouth to speak but stopped when she rose to her feet, and he did the same. Jesse frowned at the word commitments, reading between the lines. "Those commitments are out of the picture." He left out the part of her being in town, not wanting to upset her more.

Jesse gave her a wry smile, "I'm not attending the academy anymore. Got my GED a few weeks ago. Been looking for you ever since." He informed her, stepping towards Ellestial. Jesse kept his gaze on her face, now standing in front of her. "I'm not going anywhere, Ellie. I'm here to stay." Jesse said softly, pinching her chin between his fingers, turning her face up to look at him.

2/5/2010 #17
R. Lauden

Her breath caught in her throat, dissolving into fresh tears. She wanted to believe him, but the hurt was so much of a burden. She had fallen into his trap before. Everything had been so easy without him. She had Paxton and Jordan. Now, Jesse wanted to be her anchor. He wanted to comfort her, help her through the last stages of the pregnancy. She could already imagine him yanking the rug out from under her. She would end up collapsed on the bathroom floor, again. It was all so familiar. "I want to believe you."

2/5/2010 #18
xAmericanIdi0tx

"Then why don't you?" Jesse questioned in a hushed voice, rubbing his thumb across her cheek and whipping away the fresh fallen tears. He placed his other hand on her stomach, "I'm not going anywhere." He repeated, trying to reassure her. "Raewyn believes me." Jesse said with a small smile, feeling this girl kick again. "What do I have to do for you to believe me?" Jesse asked, willing to do whatever it took. He owned her that. He owned Raewyn.

2/5/2010 #19
R. Lauden

"Just please, don't drag me along." She pleaded, feeling his thumb stroke her cheek in a gentle motion. With his hand pressed against her somach, she experience a warm happiness. She wanted to freeze that moment. Save it in her memory. They could be a normal and perfect little family, if only for a little while. She took his hand from her cheek, kissing his palm and clinging to his fingers. "I need to rest." She told him, feeling tired after the long day of travel.

2/5/2010 #20
xAmericanIdi0tx

Jesse nodded his understanding, absorbing her words. He smiled a little, Ellie's kiss sending a warm, tingling feeling though Jesse. "Alright." He muttered, pulling her into a light hug, not wanting to hurt her or Raewyn with his strength. Jesse kissed her forehead, before leading her towards the bed. "Want me to stay?" Jesse asked her, unsure if she wanted him in the room while she slept.

2/5/2010 #21
R. Lauden

"Only if you want to." Ellie told him, moving back towards the bed. She had given up on wearing jeans. Even trying to wiggle into them was depressing. She had resorted to sweatpants and artsy tunics. They were the only clothes that did her justice, especially since she had gained almost double her weight. She sunk onto the mattress, peeled back the covers, and wiggled under the bed clothes.

2/5/2010 #22
xAmericanIdi0tx

Jesse nodded, moving to the other side of the bed. He had nowhere else to stay and he knew the vampire would decline if he asked. Jesse sunk into the mattress, and relaxed back, placing an arm under his head, the other rested over his chest. "Goodnight, Ellie." Jesse whispered, looking over at her with a sweet smile.

He looked back up at the ceiling, the light from the lamp catching his attention. He reached over to turn it off, but the book stole his gaze. Jesse picked it up, smirking a little as he looked it over before flipping to the first page. He moved into a better position, resting his back against the headboard and reading through the book silently so not to wake Ellie.

2/5/2010 . Edited 2/5/2010 #23
R. Lauden

Ellie adjusted the pillows and resting on her side. "Goodnight." She murmured, her eyelids drifting closed. She was happy to have Jesse. He seemed to be putting forth an effort, but she could not rely on him. She had learned to rely only on herself and, on the rare occasion, her friends.

She drifted slowly to sleep, her body relaxing into the stiff mattress.

2/5/2010 #24
xAmericanIdi0tx

Jesse continued to read, flipping from one page to the next. He should have read a book like this sooner, though it wasn't quiet his fault. McFadden had him on such a short leash. He was lucky to have even convinced Ms. Newborn to give him his GED. He pushed the memories away, and kept reading the pregnancy book. Jesse needed to know everything he could if he was going to be in their lives.

2/5/2010 #25
xAmericanIdi0tx

Jesse sat there reading for a few hours, his eyes getting droopy and heavy with sleep. His head lolled back and he was out almost instantly the book lying open--face down--on his chest. Jesse had read quiet a bit of it, learning somewhat of what was going on with Ellie. Though it wasn't your everyday pregnancy, considering he was a werewolf and her a harpy.

2/5/2010 #26
R. Lauden

Ellie stirred, her eyes opening to the dim room. Jesse lay sprawled out on the bed beside her, the pregnancy book laying open on his chest. He looked peaceful. He was trying. She could give him that much credit. Pulling the blankets up to her chin, she stared at him for a long moment. She tried to imagine what their daughter would look like. She tried imagineing Raewyn with his smile, his nose, and cheekbones. No matter what, Raewyn would be perfect.

The cold must have manged to seep through the thin panes of the windows, because Ellie found herself trembling slightly. She ignored it, trying to wriggle deeper under the covers.

2/6/2010 #27
xAmericanIdi0tx

Jesse had moved throughout the night, one of his legs now dangling off the bed and arm draped over his eyes to block out the light of the lamp. He shifted again, this time rolling over onto his chest--the book falling onto the bed between them--his arm wrapping around the object next to him, Ellie.

His other arm was underneath his chest, his face buried in the pillows. Jesse moaned a little while he moved, still very asleep. He was know to be a bed hog, and no one ever enjoyed sleeping in the same bed as him. His hand grazed against her breast and stomach, not aware he had done it.

2/6/2010 #28
R. Lauden

Ellie frowned when he stirred, his hand sweeping dangerously close to her breast. He nearly took up the entire bed. Had she not been pregnant, she would never have been so pissed. But, considering she needed more space than usual--due to her massive baby bump. "Jesse." She complained, attempting to shove him towards his side of the bed. When she touched his skin, she realized how warm he was.

She stopped, considering the room was absolutly freezing. They had been intimate before, yet she struggled with moving closer to him. She was still reluctant to let him in, let him get close to her and the baby. However, right then, both her and the baby were freezing. She scooted closer to him, pulling his arm over her and pressing his warm hand against her stomach.

2/6/2010 #29
xAmericanIdi0tx

Jesse snorted awake, rubbing a hand to his face. "What? What is it? What's wrong?" He said in a drowsy voice, squinting at her through sleepy eyes. Jesse froze slightly when she moved closer to him, and he was unsure of what to do. When she pressed up against him, Jesse felt just how cold she was. "You're freezing." He said in a shocked voice, moving closer to her. Jesse rested his chin on her shoulder, pressing his body against her back. He stroked her stomach, trying to warm both her and Raewyn.

2/6/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: fictionalxbliss
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member