Mauderville RPG
A small town with a lot of history, and dangerous secrets. Some say parts of it are haunted, even possessed. A variety of creatures roam the small town, from fairies to shapeshifters to vampires. What lies behind closed doors and roads that dead end?
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
R. Lauden

The old Bones saloon is located on the corner of Main Street. The tattered and sun-faded, red awning drapes over the brick patio, which sports a couple iron tables and mismatched chairs. A string of Christmas lights offers some form of light, aside from the fancy street lamps along the sidewalk. Accent candles are set on the table, creating a flickering glow.

The inside the saloon smells of stale beer. The walls, bar, and floor are black walnut. Tacky green lamps hang from the ceiling, the old bulbs casting a yellow light and competing with the dark setting. Blue Moon, Coors Lite, Stella Artois, Guinness, Amsel, and Amstel Lite are offered on tap. A shelf behind the bar sports a wide range of liquor. The menu features typicalbar food, hot wings, fries, mozzarella sticks, and other finger foods.

A few pool tables are located in the farthest corner of the salloon, alongside an old fashioned jukebox. Country music pours from the speakers. There is a small dance floor.

NPC: Erin March stands behind the bar. Her blonde hair is pulled back into a pony tale. She has a pretty face. Her hazel eyes are framed in long lashes. She is known for wearing large hoop ear-rings.

IDs are checked religiously to weed out the under twenty-ones.

Blood is not served at OLD BONES SALOON.

12/8/2009 . Edited by fictionalxbliss, 1/4/2010 #1
R. Lauden

[[Arianna from Main Street]]

Aria wondered in, sopping wet. She shook the moisture from her hair, like a wet dog after a bath. It was a moment of weakness, her werewolf nature shining through. The moment she realized what she was doing, she stopped and frowned.

Strolling towards the bar, she left a trail of moisture in her wake. "Get me a double of jameson on the rocks." She called to the girl behind the bar, plopping down on a worn stool. It creeked beneath her weight.

12/8/2009 #2
fictionalxbliss

*Justin from Main Street*

There was a permanent smirk on his lips as Justin bombarded into the saloon. He let the water droplets seep into his clothing, not really caring. His white shirt was soaked through, sticking against his body to reveal the tempting muscles beneath. His boots were loud and squeaky against the floors. Justin sat down at the bar a few seat away from a woman. He watched the bartender with roaming eyes, the smirk still dancing on his lips.

He glanced over at the woman beside him, not caring at all what she would think when she found him staring.

12/8/2009 #3
R. Lauden

The bartender returned with her drink, setting it on the bar. The ice clanked against the side of the glass. She brought it to her lips, taking a generous sip and clenching her teeth against the burn.

"What are you staring at?" Aria asked without looking at the man. She could feel his eyes on her. Taking another sip, she set the tumbler on the bar. Her wedding band had always scared away creepers. Unfortunately, she had pawned it to fund her spontaneous trip across the country.

12/8/2009 . Edited 12/8/2009 #4
fictionalxbliss

[Hahaha, creepers.]

Justin chuckled and let his eyes travel down her body. He approved. She was definitely a looker, no doubt about that. He turned to the bartender. "Whiskey," he said with a wink. A devilish crooked smile crept over his lips. He was surrounded by beautiful women. They were the only ones in the bar.

12/8/2009 #5
R. Lauden

Aria rolled her eyes, shifting in the wet clothes. She sucked down the last of her whiskey, setting the empty glass on the bar. "Can I get another?" She caught the attention of the bar tender. "Also, could you break this for the jukebox?" She asked, setting a hundred dollar bill on the counter.

12/8/2009 #6
fictionalxbliss

[Is the NPC human?]

Just as Justin took a swig of his whiskey the door swung open. Shep shook out her fur, slinging water droplets all over the floor. She kicked the door shut with her hind legs and trotted over to Justin. Her paw swatted at his leg to catch his attention. He looked down and laughed loudly. "Well, look what the cat dragged in. Finally made it, huh Shep?"

The white dog growled, baring her teeth as her fur bristled. Justin reached down to pet her behind the ear but she snapped her jaws at his fingers. He threw his head back in laughter. "Someone's feisty." he turned back to his drink and eyed the woman next to him, letting his eyes wander wherever they wished. Shep rolled her brown eyes and lay down at his feet, licking her paw.

12/8/2009 #7
R. Lauden

[[Indeed. I forgot to put in the description that blood isn't served... I betcha someone comes in and orders blood.]]

The bartender set another drink on the bar snatched the money. She returned moments later with a wad of smaller bills. "Thanks." Aria smiled a pretty smile, taking a sip of her drink. She swallowed the burn, glancing at the man. He was still staring. "You like what you see?" She raised an eyebrow, spinning to face him.

12/8/2009 #8
fictionalxbliss

[Lol. Yeah, that will probably happen.]

Justin smirked, his eyes lingering on her chest before reaching her face. "Could be better."

Shep rolled her eyes and glared up at Justin. He could be such a prick sometimes.

12/8/2009 #9
R. Lauden

"Funny, I was thinking the same thing." She glanced him over, noticing the damp fabric clinging to his abs. Stirring off the stool, the gun slipped from the rim of her jeans and clattered to the ground. She bent down to scoop it up, scolding herself for being so careless.

12/8/2009 #10
fictionalxbliss

Justin's eyebrows shot up. "That's a nice weapon you got there," he noted. He looked at her with suspicion. Shep's ears perked up, watching the woman with caution. "Who you running from?" Justin asked.

12/8/2009 . Edited 12/8/2009 #11
R. Lauden

"Who says I'm running?" She tried him, stuffing the gun in the rim of her pants and adjusting her moist jacket. She grabbed her drink off the bar, heading across the hardwood floor towards the jukebox. She felt a buzz beginning to ebb at the edge of her conscience. She blinked it away, stuffing a ten dollar bill into the jukebox and browsing through the music selection. She stalled over AC-DC, stabbing the button for Back in Black.

12/8/2009 . Edited 12/8/2009 #12
fictionalxbliss

Justin grinned, picking up his drink and following her across the bar. He leaned against the wall by the jukebox. "If you're not running then you're chasing. Usually, though, when someone comes to a town like this they're running from someone, or something." He occupied himself with his drink, glancing at her ever so often. The music met his ears. It wasn't good or bad, just was. He didn't really listen to music anymore. It was just sound in the background, a comfort of sorts.

12/8/2009 #13
R. Lauden

She shot him a sideways glance, choosing Renegade by Styx. "Either way, it is none of your business." She flashed a venomous glance, taking a gulp of her whiskey. She continued to browse the music selection. The man was proving to be a nuisance. She wanted to drink in peace, not be bothered with perverted company.

12/8/2009 #14
xAmericanIdi0tx

[[From Main street]]

Asher stumbled into the saloon, dripping with water. He moved across the pub towards the bar, planting himself in an empty seat. Asher smiled up at the bartender. ''Can I get something strong?''

12/8/2009 #15
fictionalxbliss

He nodded. "True, but I enjoy overstepping my boundaries. You must be running from your past." He leaned close to her, his face a few inches from hers. "Am I getting warmer?" He cocked an eyebrow, staring her down.

-------------------------------------------------------

Erin nodded and went to pour the man a drink. She returned a moment later and set the drink down in front of him. "Anything else, sir?"

12/8/2009 #16
R. Lauden

"Drop it." She snarled, unthreatened by his fowardness. She turned back to the jukebox, stabbing Cowboy Casanova by Carrie Underwood. She took another sip of her whiskey, finishing the glass and handing it to the waitress. The cubes clanked in the bottom. She blinked away the fog clouding her vision, glaring at the man.

12/8/2009 #17
fictionalxbliss

Justin chuckled darkly and leaned back against the wall. "As you wish," he muttered before emptying his glass. He rolled is eyes at the song, realizing how perfect it was for the moment. Justin noticed he was intrigued by her eyes, although he wasn't sure why. "What are you doing for the rest of the night?"

12/8/2009 #18
R. Lauden

[[I know. That's all I could think about whenever he leaned beside the jukebox. Aria hates country music, though. SO, it is kind of out of character.]]

"Getting absolutely smashed." She supplied an answer, using up her credits and heading back towards the bar. She stopped in her tracks, sniffing at the air. The smell tickled her nostrils. She tried to hide her disgust, noticing the vampire at the bar. "I'm going to sit outside." She finished, strolling up to the bar and keeping her distance from the bloodsucker. "Can I get a pint of guinness?" She requested from the bartender.

She imagined the patio would be a little chilly, but at least there was an awning to keep her dry. Her temperature did run warmer than normal people. She could survive the cool outdoors.

She waited for the bartender to set the drink in front of her. A tingling sensation moved through her body, filling her head with a heavy feeling. Werewolf politics could drive anyone to drink. Her mother had been seperated from her father for years, but still enjoyed a shot of tequila every once and a while. Aria tried to convince herseld that she was drinking because of the politics, but she only lied to herself. She drank to numb the void left by Paden.

Her heart still ached for him. She snatched the drink, spilling some onto the floor. Her reflexes were rather vexed from four shots of whiskey. Her concience told her to slow down, but her aching heart urged her to continue.

12/8/2009 . Edited 12/8/2009 #19
fictionalxbliss

[Gah, that last post was depressing. Poor Aria.]

Justin observed the woman, chuckling when she spilled her drink. She seemed a bit off. He shrugged. it wasn't his problem. Instead of following her he sat on the opposite side of the bar, away from the vampire. The stench filled his nostrils, offending his senses. It was annoying, but he could put up with it. The bartender filled his glass again and he took a sip. Although it took more than two glasses of the whiskey to get him wasted, this would be his last drink for the night. Still, he knew he would be seeing the woman again. He wasn't finished yet,

The fur on Shep's neck bristled as she skirted around the vampire. She didn't understand how Justin could deal with the awful smell. It was getting on her last nerve. Shep pushed the door open with her front paws, letting it close behind her. She sat back on her haunches and watched the storm. Lightning struck in the distance, thunder sounding loud in the air.

12/9/2009 #20
R. Lauden

[[I am sick. :'( This sucks.]]

Aria strolled towards the doors, shoving them open and wandering outside. The sky shook with thunder, acomodating streaks of occasional lightening. She sunk into one of the chairs, away from the leaks in the awning. The water streamed through the holes, creating an inscesent dripping sound.

The beer spilled a little onto her jeans, but she was already soaked. It really didn't make a difference. She took a nice long sip, glancing down at the dog at her feet. It was a gorgeous animal.

12/9/2009 . Edited 12/9/2009 #21
fictionalxbliss

[Like really sick or just a head cold?]

Shep blinked up at the woman, thinking twice about shifting to her human form. A part of her wanted to shift. She hadn't talked to a girl in a long time, despite the number of women Justin had run around with. They were usually to busy to take notice, not to mention human. This woman smelled like a werewolf, which made Shep feel more at ease. Water dripped onto her fur. She ignored it, watching the woman. It was probably best that Shep didn't shift, so she stayed the way she was. She nodded her head to the spilt beer, silently asking what was wrong. She was either an alcoholic, which she didn't look like one, or she was drinking away her sorrows.

12/9/2009 #22
R. Lauden

[[Soar throat, stuffy head, and chills.... hopefully it is just a head-cold. :( I have exams next week. ]]

Aria took another few sips and glanced down at the dog. "What?" She asked, noticing the curious look. She was not about to explain herself to a dog. Leaning back in the chair, she felt her cell phone vibrate in her pocket. She sucked in a frustrated breath, glancing down to see a picture of Logan. She ignored the call, setting the iphone on the table. He was the last person she wanted to talk to. She inhaled the last bit of beer, placing the empty glass on the table.

The scenery was beginning to blur. Her limbs felt numb.

12/9/2009 . Edited 12/9/2009 #23
fictionalxbliss

[Yuck to exams. I hope you feel better. :)]

Shep's ears perked as she stood. She walked to the table, jumping up to rest her paws on the surface. A picture of a handsome man filled the screen. Shep turned to the girl, cocking her head to the side.

12/9/2009 #24
R. Lauden

Aria noticed a strange quality about the dog, but pushed it aside. "My husband." She announced, scooping up her empty glass and the cellphone. It announced a missed call and voicemail. She switched it off, heading back towards the door. She needed another drink. "You coming in?" She asked, testing the animal with a raised eyebrow.

12/9/2009 #25
fictionalxbliss

Her lips turned up in a smile. Shep jumped down and trotted through the door. So this woman had a husband. Shep knew that wouldn't sit well with Justin, and she couldn't wait to see him get turned down for once. It happened rarely. Shep enjoyed the brief moments of his bruised ego. It was just how their friendship worked. She shook out the water of her fur and watched the woman.

12/9/2009 #26
R. Lauden

Aria stumbled after the dog, bracing herself on a chair. The legs squealed across the floor, demanding the attention of everyone in the saloon. She flashed an innocent smile, straightening her posture and moving towards the bar with calculated steps. "How about another Guinness." She called to the bartender in a semi-slurred voice. The alcohol was burning through her veins, but she wouldn't be satisfied until she blacked out.

"I think you've had enough." The bartender stated, crossing her arms over her chest. Aria rolled her eyes, reaching into her pocket and slapping a hundred on he bar.

"How about I tell you when I've had enough." She pushed the bill towards the girl.

The bartender pocketed the money, filling up another pint.

12/9/2009 . Edited 12/9/2009 #27
fictionalxbliss

Shep watched with worried eyes, hoping the woman didn't hurt herself. She looked unstable enough as it was.

Justin laughed lightly at the woman. He downed the rest of his drink, leaving money under the glass. His arm snaked around the woman's waist, his lips brushing her ear as he spoke. "How about we get you home, gorgeous. Don't want any trouble, do you now?"

Shep rolled her eyes and plopped down on the floor. Did he ever stop?

12/9/2009 #28
R. Lauden

Aria glanced down, feeling the arm encircle her waist. A warm sensation tingled through her body, but she allowed it to simmer out. She twisted around in his embrace. Leaning in, her lips grazing his ear in turn. "If you know what's good for you, you'll let go of me." She warned him, teasing with a nip to his earlobe. She would not hesitate to level the man, though he did awake something inside of her.

12/9/2009 #29
fictionalxbliss

A shiver fled down his spine. He cocked a grin and placed both hands on her hips. His lips brushed her neck. "I tend to like things that aren't good for me, baby. Besides, I like the way you feel," he mumbled quietly. The tips of his fingers slipped under her shirt, dancing across the skin on her lower back. His breath was hot on her neck. "You can't walk and you certainly can't drive. Let me take you home."

[I'm guessing you didn't go to work?]

12/9/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: fictionalxbliss
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member