Mauderville RPG
A small town with a lot of history, and dangerous secrets. Some say parts of it are haunted, even possessed. A variety of creatures roam the small town, from fairies to shapeshifters to vampires. What lies behind closed doors and roads that dead end?
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »
R. Lauden

Jacobi grabbed two pint glasses and filled them to the rim. He set one in front of Violet. "First time." He brought the other to his lips. "What about you? Have you lived here long?" He rested his elbows agains the bar.

6/24/2010 #121
TheLittlestNightmare

Violet took a sip of the tangy juice and leaned forward. "No, actually, I just flew in yesterday," Violet said, attempting not to laugh but not succeeding.

6/24/2010 #122
R. Lauden

Jacobi flashed her a puzzled look and took another sip of the orange juice. He traced his fingers along the imperfections on the bar, stopping at the sight of a scorched handprint. He pressed his palm flat against the burn, but pulled it away quickly to glance up at his company. "Well hell, if I knew Mauderville had an airport I wouldn't have driven two hundred miles to get here."

6/24/2010 #123
TheLittlestNightmare

Violet laughed again at her joke. "Oh, I didn't fly on a plane. This orange juice is really good," Violet said, finishing the glass.

6/24/2010 #124
R. Lauden

Jacobi considered her words for a moment. He knew there was no airport in Mauderville. He was curious, but he let the comment slide. Whatever she was, she was not a threat. It was usually the ones that ordered blood that raised a flag, not the ones that polished off a glass of orange juice. "You coming back tonight for open-mic-night?." He asked snatching up the empty glass and washing it in the sink. He set aside and dried his hands with a rag. "Eighteen to enter, twenty-one to drink."

6/24/2010 . Edited 6/24/2010 #125
R. Lauden

[Hang on, let me edit.]

6/24/2010 #126
TheLittlestNightmare

{{k}}

6/24/2010 #127
R. Lauden

[Edited]

6/24/2010 #128
TheLittlestNightmare

Violet felt his curiosity, but wasn't ready to tell him she was a faery yet. Oddly enough, Violet was having fun dropping vague comments here and there. "Yeah, I'll be here. I'm planning on performing."

6/24/2010 #129
R. Lauden

"Oh, yeah? Do you play an instrument?" He raised a curious eyebrow and set the rag aside. When he put the ad in the newspaper, he had not expected many people to show up. From what he gathered, Old Bones had kind of turned into a place for old people. Under his management, he hoped to reintroduce it to the younger generation. Those legal to drink, anyway.

6/24/2010 #130
TheLittlestNightmare

"Yeah, I play guitar, cello, and piano. I also sing. Artsy-type stuff was a pretty big deal growing up." Violet thought back to her days in the Court. Her days would be packed with art, dance, music, and combat classes. Violet sighed. She was definately homesick.

6/24/2010 #131
R. Lauden

"Wow, quite the repertoire." He laughed. "When I was a kid, my parents hired a piano tutor."

6/24/2010 #132
TheLittlestNightmare

Violet blushed. "Well, I'm not that great. But thank you. Did you enjoy playing the piano?"

6/25/2010 #133
R. Lauden
"Sure, but I was horrible at it. The tutor quit after three weeks and told my parents I was a lost cause." He smiled, pulling up the lid of the cooler and peering inside. "Be right back." He told her, walked past the locked door and retrieving a case of Stella Artois from the back room. He set it on the counter and tore it open, loading the warm bottles into the cooler. He had expected the night to be a bust, but her enthusiam made him relise he may get more of a turn out than planned.
6/25/2010 #134
TheLittlestNightmare

"There's no such thing as a lost cause." Violet was shocked that she had spent about four hours talking to just talking to him. And even more shocking, she was enjoying it.

6/25/2010 #135
R. Lauden
Jacobi finished stocking the cooler and glanced at the wall. "I'm going to throw a burger on the grill. You hungry? It's on the house." He offered. Breaking down the box, he set it with the other cardboard. He would need to do some more peeping after lunch. He wondered if Erin still kep the piano tuned,
6/25/2010 #136
TheLittlestNightmare

"Yes. Bloody and raw, please," Violet said in mock-seriousness. "Just kidding. I'm actually vegetarian. But thanks for the thought. Need any help with the prep stuff?"

6/25/2010 #137
R. Lauden

[Haha. I wrote that on my phone and somehow prepping turned into peeping. I am surprised you were able to decipher.]

He turned to shove through the swinging door, but paused when she spoke. "You over eighteen?" He quirked an eyebrow and pointed his index finger at her. The law said she had to be eighteen to handle alcohol. The last thing he wanted was trouble with the police, not after being back for only a couple hours.

6/25/2010 #138
TheLittlestNightmare

{{It wasn't hard to figure out. I write on my phone, so I figured it was a typo. Plus, 'e' is next to 'r' and 'pwep/pewp' aren't words. 'Perp' wouldn't fit in the sentence. So, it had to be 'prep'.}}

Violet sighed. She had been through this before. "I'm 19, just short." Violet guessed that it was her small stature that made people assume she was younger than she actually was.

6/25/2010 #139
R. Lauden

Judging by the way she sighed, Jacobi assumed people often mistook her for younger. "Great. I guess if you want to hang around, I might as well put you to work." He laughed and stepped back from the door, holding it open for her to join him in the back room. Sal had done some re-aranging in the five years he was away, but the beer was still stacked along the back wall.

6/25/2010 #140
TheLittlestNightmare

Violet walked into the back room and looked around. There wasn't much to see, but Violet liked the small cozy room for some reason. "So," Violet said with a laugh, "now that we're in a small room together, I feel like I should tell you my name. I'm Violet."

6/25/2010 #141
R. Lauden

[It is the kitchen too. Sorry, I should have clarified.]

"Jacobi." He offered and rubbed the back of his neck. He glanced at the wall of beer. "I need to stock some of that out in the cooler. Probably a case of Blue Moon, Rolling Rock, Sam Adams, and maybe Mike's. You think you can handle that?"

6/25/2010 #142
TheLittlestNightmare

Vi smiled before saying, "I think so." At three o'clock Violet was finally finished. Stocking coolers wasn't a hard job, but it seemed to be time consuming. "Jacobi, I'm finished."

6/25/2010 #143
R. Lauden

Jacobi cooked his burger over the commercial stove and sat down at the bar with a cold bottle of Stella Artois. While Violet stocked the cooler, he finished eating and went to work wiping down the tables. He found the piano covered with a sheet and hidden in a back room. He wheeled it out and tested a few of the keys, finding it in tune. Five years ago, when Erin was younger, he would catch her playing the piano. It was nice to know she still loved it enough to keep it tuned.

"That was quick." Jacobi turned to face the girl. "I really appreciate the help." He reached into his back pocket and leafed through a wad of cash, passing her a twenty.

6/25/2010 #144
TheLittlestNightmare

Violet shook her head and handed the bill back to him. "Not a problem, I'm just helping a potential friend."

6/25/2010 #145
R. Lauden

"That hardly seems fair." He stuffed his hands in the pockets of his jeans and glanced down at his sandals. It was the end of January, but he hardly cared. His temperature ran warmer than most humans. It came with being a firestarter.

6/25/2010 #146
TheLittlestNightmare

"Its all relative." Violet laughed and sauntered over to one of the barstools and sat down. "Tonight is going to be fun."

6/25/2010 #147
fallenstacieb

---

6/25/2010 . Edited 6/25/2010 #148
R. Lauden

[Kids aren't really allowed at the bar. I don't want Jacobi to have to kick them out. They could go to the Inn. They have a restaurant type place here.]

6/25/2010 #149
fallenstacieb

[okie dokie just ignore that post]

6/25/2010 #150
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: fictionalxbliss
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member