Mauderville RPG
A small town with a lot of history, and dangerous secrets. Some say parts of it are haunted, even possessed. A variety of creatures roam the small town, from fairies to shapeshifters to vampires. What lies behind closed doors and roads that dead end?
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
R. Lauden

The smell of espresso permeates the air, drawing in customers from different ends of Spooky Hollows. The modern flair and cozy environment make it ideal for people to unwind. There is an area of red sectionals and printed armchairs, perfect for customers meeting to study or socialize. Black and white photographs line the walls, all featuring famous movie stars from the past. A stage with bright lighting is situated in the corner, excellent for hosting bands and creative artists.

Gillian (NPC) works behind the counter, mixing up lattes and cappuccinos

12/21/2009 . Edited by fictionalxbliss, 1/4/2010 #1
R. Lauden

[[Aria from Main St.]]

Aria glanced around the coffee house, surprised to find it empty. She avoided the stage, her jade eyes trained on the tile floor. Her mind continued to flash back to the night that Paden performed at the coffee house in Borden Grove, guitar hugged to his chest and fingers dancing over the strings. Sadness swelled in her throat, but she swallowed it down. "Upside down caramel machiato, please." She ordered from the barista, smacking a bill on the counter.

She struggled to hold it togeher. Her attention lifted to the clock on he wall, keeping track of her time.

12/21/2009 #2
Katelyn Renee

A slight shimmer appeared next to Aria, forming to a shape.

[[Reese entering from main street]]

He listened to Arianna order her drink, before he fully appeared. "That's quiet an order there, Aria." Reese smirked, leaning against the counter top. "Sounds good." He tacked onto the end. "Man, I love coffee." He groaned, longing for a taste.

12/21/2009 #3
R. Lauden

Aria accepted her drink and change, stuffing the bills in her back pocket. She strolled towards one of the chaise sectionals, sinking down on the cushions. "I should probably warn you, I won't be able to see you tomorrow." She spoke in a low voice, trying not to attract the attention of the barista. He was busy cleaning the steaming wands and wiping down the counters. "I have a sort of... condition." She admitted, taking a cautious sip of the hot liquid.

She crossed her legs, keeping her back to the stage.

12/21/2009 #4
Katelyn Renee

Reese followed Aria to the chairs, slumping into one. He frowned at her warning. "What kind of condition let's you see ghosts for a day?" He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees.

12/21/2009 #5
R. Lauden

She struggled with announcing her true nature. Saying it out loud made it too real. "Let's just say that tonight is a full moon." Bringing the cup to her lips, she took another sip of her macchiato. The taste of caramel swirled over her tongue, mixed with the bitter espresso.

12/21/2009 #6
Katelyn Renee

Reese snorted. "Holy crap!" He rested his head back against the chair. "I'm having a conversation with a werewolf." He smirked out. "I think I get it know, why you can see me. Dogs can. It only makes scene." He looked back up at her. "So what's it like?"

12/21/2009 . Edited 12/21/2009 #7
R. Lauden

[[Haha. Taylor, of course you are.]]

The word sent a shiver down her spine. She had never gotten used to being a monster. "I hate that word." She admitted, shrugging into the cushions. "Besides, I am only half wolf." She couldn't even bring herself to say the whole word. "My mom was human." She sent a suspicious glance across the coffeehouse at the boy behind the counter. He was either ignoring her crazy conversation with herself, or really concentrating on removing a stain from his apron.

12/21/2009 #8
Katelyn Renee

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you." Reese apologized, noticing her discomfort. "It's just that I've never come across a wer-" Reese stopped himself. "--someone like you before." He smiled at her trying to clear the tension. "So is it really that bad?"

12/21/2009 #9
R. Lauden

"Yes." She stated quite plainly, unwilling to elaborate further. She hated stirring up the ugly emotions, especially in a public setting. There had been a time in her life when she refused to cry. That was before she knew what real real pain felt like, before she lost Paden. She sucked in a ragged breath and occupied herself with the macchiato. "I never caught your name." She lifted her gaze to him, changing the subject.

12/21/2009 #10
Katelyn Renee

Reese smirked, and nodded understanding her need to change topics. "It's Reese, Matthew Reese." He snorted a small laugh."I would shake hands but ah..." He lifted his hand, passing it threw the table with a small smile.

12/21/2009 #11
R. Lauden

"Do you mind me asking how you died..." Her voice trailed off, realizing it might be as sensative a subject as her being a werewolf.

12/21/2009 #12
Katelyn Renee

Reese glanced down at the floor, grimacing at the memories. "I don't mind, but isn't it obvious." He said with a fake smirk. "My girlfriend shot me the day of prom, hence the getup I'm wearing." He leaned back into the chair. "And you know the worst part of it all, I'm stuck with her. I can't go more then a mile away from her." He rolled his eyes. "If she leaves town, so do I."

12/21/2009 #13
R. Lauden

"I was wondering what the tux was about." She admitted, shifting her eyes to the clock. Sighing, she stirred to her feet. "I should probably get lost in the woods. The longer I stick around here, the more I risk hurting someone." She finished the last of her macchiato and tossed it in a trashcan. "You can walk with me, if you like. But, you may not want to stick around for my transformation. It could get ugly." She admitted, shoving back through the glass doors and into the encroaching evening.

[[Aria to Main Street]]

12/21/2009 #14
Katelyn Renee

Reese smirked. "Can't hurt me, I'm already dead." He scrapped himself off the chair, deciding to take a short cut. Reese walked forward fazing threw the wall and into Main street.

[[Reese to Main Street]]

12/21/2009 #15
songbirdalice

*Simarah from Mainstreet*

Simarah walked through the doors, inhaling the scent of coffee. She loved coffee, probaly would die without it. She grinned, it was her first day on the job. She started to help Gillian set up, readying the place for customers.

2/1/2010 #16
R. Lauden
*Jaria Entering* Aria hugged herself tighter against the chill. The small coffee house was warm and comforting. She stomped the snow off her thin sneakers and turned to face Justin. "I need hot chocolate." She told him, pressing her freezing fingers against his chest to steal his warmth. She sniffled, looking up at him with a smile.
2/2/2010 #17
songbirdalice

Simarah saw customers, she tied the black apron on. She readjusted her black frame glasses and sighed. She was wearing a midnight blue skirt that reached her knees and poofed out slightly, black leggings, a black button down blouse, and black converse. Her hair was pulled into a messy ponytail, to finish it off she had a midnight ble and black zebra striped bow.

2/2/2010 #18
fictionalxbliss

Justin looked down at her, placing his hand over hers on his chest. He smiled, but his eyes were concerned. Justin looked at Simarah. "We'll take two hot chocolates." He pulled a bill from his pocket and set it on the counter. Trying to warm Aria up, he rubbed her arms and pulled her closer. "You're too cold," he noted. He was glad for the cold weather. It gave him an excuse to touch her constantly, although he didn't need one.

2/3/2010 #19
R. Lauden
"Well, warm me up." Aria leaned into him. Her eyes drifted over the coffee house, landing on a bullentin board. "I also want a cranberry orange scone." She told Justin, moving towards the bulletin board. It was posted with different announcements. Her eyes stalled over a picture with three adorable puppies. "Justin." She glanced over her shoulder at him, a tiny smirk lighting her lips.
2/3/2010 #20
songbirdalice

Simarah noddded, ringing it up and giving him his change and receipt. She got two cups of milk and glanced at them, flicking her hand, the hot chocolate warmed up instantly. She got hershey choclate mix and put it in there, stirring both. She added tiny plump marshmellows and topped it with whipped cream. She sprinkled chocolate shaving on the cream and set them on the ounter, ''here you go, enjoy.'' She started making a cranberry orange scone.

2/3/2010 . Edited 2/3/2010 #21
fictionalxbliss

[Sorry about my weak posts.]

He stuffed the change in his pocket and glanced over at Aria, wondering what she was looking at. Justin nodded at Simarah. "Thanks," he mumbled, taking the mugs in his hands. He returned to Aria's side and handed her the hot chocolate. Looking down at her Justin cocked an eyebrow, wary of the smirk on her face. "Yeah?"

2/3/2010 . Edited 2/3/2010 #22
fictionalxbliss

Aria accepted the mug, letting the warmth seep through her fingers. "I want a puppy." She told him, taking a cautious sip of the hot chocolate. She glanced up, gauging his reaction.

Justin blinked. "You want a puppy?" He cleared his throat, shifting his weight from foot to foot. As his eyes scanned the bulletin board he came across a picture of puppies ready to be given away. Suddenly a thought popped into his head. He already knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Aria. So why not take their relationship a step further? He wasn't nervous, confident of her answer.

He smirked, looking down at her with a certain twinkle in his eyes. "Well, I can't really get you a puppy. We don't have anywhere to put it. You see, a puppy needs a place to run around and play. That little guy can't do that in a hotel room." Justin sipped his coffee, watching Aria carefully. "We'll have to buy a house," he said in a serious voice.

2/3/2010 #23
R. Lauden
Aria considered his proposal for a long moment. Finally, her smirk stretched into a full smile. She leaned into him, feeling overwhelmed with joy. She loved him so much, taking the next step was not even a question in her mind. "Sooo... You're buying me a house and a puppy?" She glanced up at him, standing on her tip-toes to press her lips to his..
2/3/2010 #24
Katelyn Renee

[[Oh my goodness. I just love them. xD I love what Justin said. I smiled the whole time I read it. x] Hehe. I'm sorry, please continue. :P ]]

2/3/2010 #25
songbirdalice

Simarah smiled a little and cleaned off counters, the couple was cute, it reminded her of....She quickly brushed the memory away before it could dig deeper in her heart.

2/3/2010 #26
fictionalxbliss

Justin's free arm wrapped around her waist as he returned the kiss. "As long as you promise to share," he said with a wink. He thought about the future; moving in, painting the house, buying furniture. It was all something he thought he would never have. After Anna he thought his life plans were useless. Then he met Aria and his life changed forever. He imagined waking up to Aria every day for the rest of their lives. They had only been together two months, but the thought of marriage skirted his mind. It was too soon, but he was thinking about it all the same.

2/3/2010 #27
R. Lauden

"Of course." Aria smiled, taking another sip of hot chocolate. She set the empty mug on the table and lifted her jade eyes to the puppy advertisement. "This feels so unreal." She laughed, weaving her fingers with his. She leaned against his shoulder and hugged his arm close.

A strange sensation tickled in her chest, tugging at her heart strings. After Paden died, she never thought she could feel so loved. Heat sizzled across her skin. Tears welled up in her eyes. She pressed her face into his leather jacket in an attempt to conceal the emotion.

2/3/2010 #28
songbirdalice

Simarah finished the cranberry orange scone, setting it out. She let out a breath, looking the place over.

2/3/2010 #29
fictionalxbliss

Justin set his mug down next to Aria's. He looked down at her, surprised. His hand rubbed her back in an attempt to comfort her. "Aria, what's wrong?"

2/3/2010 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: fictionalxbliss
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member